• Published 4th Jul 2020
  • 2,361 Views, 100 Comments

My Little Pony: How the Magic of Friendship Grows (Season 1) - Majestical4729



A new series that stars Luster Dawn and her best friends as they attempt to improve friendship.

  • ...
7
 100
 2,361

12. Corrosive Reunion

Author's Note:

Corrosive Reunionserves as the twelfth episode of the series.

Summary: The Heroic Ten and their families visit Mount Aris to attend a birthday party, but not everything goes smoothly as Alkali discovers what her little brother has done in her absence.

Featured Song: Do You Want to Mak some Water? (Parody of Disney Frozen's Do You Want to Build a Snowman?)

Acknowledgements:

Some information (rephrased or not) from

The Facts About Ammonia

Hydrochloric Acid-an Overview|ScienceDirect Topics

Caustic Burn - an Overview | ScienceDirect Topics


Featured Characters:

Acid, a male preteen hippogriff who has a red coat, orange mane, yellow eyes, beak and claws. He is Alkali's younger brother (as mentioned in 'Jealous Teacher' by Buffer, and in 'Independent Morality' by Alkali herself), who is a decade younger than her.

Water Rush, a male hippogriff with a blue coat. He is the father of Alkali and Acid, and a Chemistry Teacher at one of the Higher Grade Schools in Mount Aris. He taught Alkali the basics about acids and alkalis since she was young.

Vapour Float, a female hippogriff/seapony with a light grey coat. She is the mother of Alkali and Acid, and a chef at an underwater restaurant in Seaquestria. She and her husband are twenty-five years older than Alkali, and thirty-five years older than Acid.

Icicle, a female hippogriff with a light blue coat. She is fourteen years younger than her sister Vapour Float, the maternal aunt of Alkali and Acid, and a security guard around Mount Aris beach. Her stern, serious, protective, no-nonsense and tough personality is inspired by the character Ixlan from the animated TV Show, Elena of Avalor.

Princess Aqueous, a preteen hippogriff/seapony who was born on the same year as Acid. Like her mother, Queen Skystar, she is friendly, cheerful and bubbly, unlike former Queen Novo. She has a very light blue coat, an indigo mane, and purple eyes.

Lava, a preteen dragon who still had not gotten her wings, Volcano's younger sister.

Krone, a preteen yak, Krona's younger brother.

Purple Blend, a preteen earth pony, Yellow Bright's younger sister.

Jack Pine, a preteen kirin, Evergreen's younger brother.

The Canterlot sky turned darker and darker, as Twilight lowered the sun, making way for the moon and beginning dusk. In the streets below, Luster and her best friends were tired out from their virtue-teaching campaign, which was meant to help every creature save more space.

"I'm glad that we finished teaching! I can really use a break!" Falcon Dive announced.

"You are not the only creature," Sunshine Rays told her griffon Best Friend.

"And, I'm glad that that was the last family we had to teach for the moment! So I can buy a special gift for some creature I'm visiting tomorrow at his birthday party..." Alkali told her best friends.

"We all know who that is: Your only sibling, your little brother Acid." Volcano responded in a tired tone.

"Yup, he is turning ten this year, and that means a decade old! So I, his only sibling and big sister, have decided to give him something more special than all my previous birthday gifts for him..." Alkali declared.

"So you aren't giving him citrus fruits this year?" Yellow Bright asked.

"And not giving him vinegar?" Evergreen added.

"Nope! It is not an acid! Nor is it an alkali, neither is it a base, nor amphoteric oxide, and it is also not a neutral oxide!" Alkali replied.

"Then is it, a universal indicator?" Volcano asked.

"Close, but not it!" Alkali replied.

"Is it a pH sensor?" Volcano asked.

"Correct! I figured that he should get something special from me when he turns a decade old, and since he loves neutralising acids and alkalis with me since little, I figured that a pH sensor is a perfect gift! And I'll make sure I will get him the safest one I can find," Alkali declared.

"Well, I have stayed here after the age spell for more than a year, so I can remember where a shop that sells Chemistry equipment is," Luster stated.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go buying!" Alkali exclaimed, grabbing Luster's front hoof and pulling the unicorn with her in a flash.


After the series theme song intro played, the scene showed the events of the next day. The train was headed for Mount Aris, with many passengers inside.

"I wonder how much has changed since I left," Alkali said her thoughts out loud, looking out the window.

"How long since you have last been there?" Buffer asked.

"Since the last School of Friendship break," Alkali answered.

"That means you haven't been there for months!" Volcano gasped.

"I know. I just hope that things never changed so much," Alkali responded.

"Kids! You are preteens! You are closer to being teenagers than the rest of the kids! Is this how you should behave?!" Sunshine Rays could be heard scolding the younger siblings of the Heroic Ten.

"We're sorry, Sunshine. We just barely see each other. We can't help ourselves but to have fun every time we meet!" Lava, Volcano's younger sister apologised.

"Krone and Krone's friends only see each other every playdate! Which is not even every week! Can't Krone and friends play whatever they want?" Krone, Krona's younger brother, complained.

"Things cannot always go the way you want them to! You can't just do whatever you want! Especially when what you want is not good!" Sunshine Rays roared.

"Calm down, Sunshine. Remember patience?" Evergreen reminded.

"Oh right, sorry every creature," Sunshine Rays nervously chuckled.

"But what can we play in the train?" Purple Blend, Yellow Bright's younger sister, asked.

"Well, kids can always chat with friends like adults!" Krona suggested.

"Kids? We are preteens!" Jack Pine, Evergreen's younger brother pointed out.

"Next stop, Mount Aris Station!" the train conductor announced.

"We're here!" Nature Bloom exclaimed.

After all the members of the Heroic Ten's families got off the Train, they were amazed by the view.

"It's just the way I remembered!" Alkali exclaimed.

"Good to know that nothing bad has happened. Now can we please go to the party? Some creatures need to play with their friends, here!" Lava complained.

"Oh, right! Come on, every creature! I still remember the way!" Alkali announced, leading the guests to her former residence.


"I can't believe how fortunate you are, Alkali. Living near the beach, so you are near land and sea!" Nature Bloom opined.

"My Dad works on land as a Chemistry Teacher, and my Mum works as a chef at a restaurant in Seaquestria, they figured that they need to live somewhere in between their workplaces to work out," Alkali explained, "And my maternal aunt Icicle, who is fourteen years younger than my Mum, never married, she works as a Royal Guard around the beach, so she lives with my parents, and little brother."

"So, is your family's income alright?" Evergreen asked.

"More than alright, we have more than enough to buy what we need!" Alkali answered.

"I still don't quite get how royal guards here get an income," Falcon Dive stated.

"The Ruler of Mount Aris will give them money for every day they work!" Volcano explained, "Some creature totally forgot his Social Studies."

Suddenly, there was the trumpeting of trumpets, which meant only one thing: there was royalty nearby!

"Queen Skystar," the creatures bowed before the Ruler of Mount Aris.

"Heroic Ten, what a lovely surprise to see that you brought a lot of members of your families here. I just hope that you really do have safety in numbers and not chaos and arguments. Because I believe that you are attending the same birthday party my daughter is attending," Skystar told the heroes, "And since most of you never met her before, allow me to introduce, Princess Aqueous."

Skystar stepped aside to reveal a preteen hippogriff with a very light blue coat, an indigo mane and purple eyes.

"Your highness," Purple Blend blowed before the younger royalty, causing the princess to giggle.

"Don't worry, you do not need to be so formal towards me. I'm the future queen, not the current queen. And I'm still learning the duties and everything necessary."

"Wait a second, Queen Skystar, what birthday party is Prinecss Aqueous attending?" Alkali asked in a somewhat worried tone.

"How can you not know? We are here on the beach, and your younger brother is turning a year older today..." Queen Skystar gave the heroine a strong hint.

Alkali gasped, "She's attending my little brother's birthday party?! But...she never met him!"

"What do you mean, Alkali? Aqueous met Acid some time after you and your best friends became famous heroes, a few months ago. How can you not know that?" Queen Skystar asked.

"What?! But...they don't even live close, nor do they go to the same school, how did they meet?!" Alkali questioned in a shocked tone.

"You really don't know? Aqueous used to like eating all those not-so healthy cupcakes and sweets, until the day she came across Acid's fruit stand and tried his homemade strawberry milkshake. She then befriended him as he helped her get rid of her sweet tooth and choose fruits over those cakes and sweets!" Queen Skystar explained.

"How can I not know that?! I'm Acid's big sister and only sibling for Equestria sake!" Alkali dramatically shrieked.

"Well....you don't live with your brother ever since you left for the School of Friendship, perhaps that's why you don't know anything happening here," Queen Skystar figured.

"But....how can my family not tell me anything when they attended Buffer's surprise party?!" Alkali asked.

"Maybe you told them too much about what happened to you and not let them tell you what happened to them," Queen Skystar suggested, "Anyway, I sadly cannot attend the party, neither can I stay. I have some important errands to attend lately, and will pick up Aqueous at sunset. Just enjoy the celebration, and please save at least a bit of dessert for me if you can."


After the queen left, Alkali was stunned: she could not believe everything she missed.

"Are you alright, Alkali?" Nature Bloom asked.

"Not really. Maybe I did not let my family have a chance to tell me what happened to them and what was happening at Mount Aris while I'm not around." was the reply.

"That's alright, listening is not as easy as it sounds," Buffer assured.

"Plus, you're about to see your family, and get a chance to learn what happened to them!" Yellow Bright pointed out.

"And, you probably will not make the same mistake after knowing what the mistake is," Sunshine Rays added.

"Thanks, every creature." Alkali thanked her best friends.

"Can we just get going?!" Buffer's father, Bulwark asked in an impatient tone.

"Oh right, sorry about the delay, every creature. Let's just get to the party," Alkali apologised to the party guests.

"Actually, Miss Alkali, I already visited Acid several times, and know the way. Can I lead the way instead? It will be good practice for when I become queen," Princess Aqueous asked.

"Sure, your highness. I do need a little time as not-the-most-important-creature," Alkali answered, allowing the princess to be in front of every creature.

Once Princess Aqueous was leading the way, Volcano noticed something troubling his hippogriff Best Friend.

"Alkali, I know that something's bothering you. Is it not knowing much about your little brother?" the dragon asked.

"It is, Volcano. I'm Acid's only sibling, I should know all that the family knows about him, especially when I was the one who took care of him when no creature else was around, I can't believe I don't know much about him now, especially the fact that he is friends with the future queen of Mount Aris! And the future queen has been to my former residence several times?!" Alkali sadly explained.

"Don't worry. I don't know much about what happened to my sister Lava, nor anything about what my family experiences in my absence, but we always have good times together." Volcano stated.

"I hope I can have a good time with my family this time," Alkali lamented.

"We are here!" Princess Aqueous announced, as they had reached the door.


The door opened to revel a grown-up hippogriff with a blue coat, who greeted Alkali as he hugged her, "Alkali, my daughter. Welcome home, it's been ages since you last came!"

"Thanks for the welcome, Dad. And just as expected, I brought the guests with me," Alkali replied, "even though Princess Aqueous took over leading them here half way."

"Ah, Princess Aqueous, your highness, it's lovely to see you again," Alkali's father greeted.

"Good to know that you welcome me as always, Mr. Water Rush, but I will like to be treated as a friend of Acid's," Princess Aqueous responded.

"Wait....did she just call you Mr. Water Rush?! And did she just say that you always welcome her?! Which means she knows you and your name?!" Alkali asked.

"Well, yeah, she knows my name, and your mother's and aunt's, and not to mention, know our jobs. She knows that I'm a Chemistry Teacher, your Mum is a chef at a restaurant in Seaquestria, and your aunt Icicle, is a Royal Guard protecting the beach." Water Rush answered.

"I totally missed out all that?!" Alkali shrieked.

"Calm down, Alkali, it's not the end of the world," Evergreen assured.

"And the party has started!" Krona exclaimed, "Come and enjoy it!"

The living and dining rooms were revealed to be full of creatures, most of them not being the guests whom the Heroic Ten brought with them.

"I don't recognise most of these guests," Alkali said her thoughts out loud, just as two younger hippogriffs raced pass her, "And who are all these kids?!"

"I thought you call these creatures these ages preteens!" Lava reminded.

"Kids, preteens, whatever!" Falcon Dive sarcastically responded.

"Oh...how much have I missed?! I need to see my brother ASAP!" Alkali told herself.

"Alkali! There you are, I missed you so much, dearie." Alkali's mother, Vapour Float greeted.

"Mum! I'm sorry I never visited home for a long time, and never let you and Dad tell me much about what happened to you, and what happened here." Alkali apologised.

"It's alright, Alkali. Family always get through, plus, I knew you would be coming, so I made you your favourite seafood, and also prepared your favourite land food: Seaweed Salad, and Bitter Gourd soup respectively." Vapour Float responded.

"Thank you so much, Mum! But, right now, I really need to find Acid and catch up on everything about him that I missed," Alkali told her.

"Well, Acid is playing with his friends right now, maybe you should wait until their playtime ends. You don't have to look after him like you did years ago, meaning that you are completely free of your big sister duties," Vapour Float stated.

"But he is not a teenager yet! He is turning ten today, and that means he is still a preteen! He still Neds some creature to look after him!" Alkali argued.

"Oh really? Why don't take a peek at what he does nowadays, because he is doing one of those activities right now in the free room," Vapour Float insisted.

"Wait. We have a free room?!" Alkali asked.

"Well...after you graduated from the School of Friendship and became a resident of Princess Twilight Sparkle's former castle, we figured that you will never need your room anymore, so we...move all of your things into a new closet, and made your room a free room for us to fly around in. Or...for Acid and his friends to play in." Vapour Float explained.


"Alright, Princess Aqueous, all we need to do is solve all these math questions and we can get pass!" Acid told his friend.

The hippogriff children were playing a game of Break into the Lab, which was a game they invented themselves: One team had the role of heroes, with the aim to break into the opposing team's headquarters and shut off the alarm clock before it rings. The game not only tested their agility, but also their academic knowledge of science, math and language.

The game was interrupted by a door knock.

"I'm busy! Try again later!" Acid called to the creature on the other side.

"But Acid, it's me! Your big sister!" Alkali called.

"I said later, sis." Acid responded, before resuming his game.

Outside, Alkali felt a heart ache, "Did my little brother just...shunned me out?"

"Alkali, there you are. Your maternal aunt is here, don't you want to see her?" Luster asked.

"Aunt Icicle is back?! Thanks for telling me, Luster!" Alkali quickly dashed off.


Meanwhile, Falcon Dive and Sunshine Rays were playing a hippogriff-themed board game against Yellow Bright and Evergreen, with not much luck due to Falcon Dive's attitude.

"One, two, three, four, five, landed on another....question tile." the griffon groaned.

"Question: What do hippogriffs do before the Storm King?" Evergreen levitated the question card at the top off the stack and read the question out loud.

"Just fly and run around Mount Aris?" Falcon Dive sarcastically answered.

"What?! No! The correct answer is grow up, go to school, then get a job, get married for some of them, have kids, then retire when old enough, let their grown-up children take care of them, as part of the life cycle, and celebrating their traditional holidays!" Sunshine Rays corrected.

"Since you answered it correctly, you still got marks, but unfortunately, since your team's second answer is correct, you only get half of full marks," Evergreen plainly told her opponents.

"Well done, Falcon Dive," Sunshine Rays sarcastically told her teammate.

"Cheer up, you two! You still got plenty of chances to get your score up!" Yellow Bright pointed out.

"Thanks for the positive points and thoughts, Yellow Bright," Falcon Dive responded.

On the other side of the living room, Alkali's maternal aunt was having her first interaction with Krona and Buffer.

"So, when Eclipse Instant took control of every creature, you just used tricks and most commonly make your opponents crash into each other?" Icicle asked.

"Absolutely! Heroic Ten was outnumbered, so they just used that trick to solve the problem!" Krona declared.

"We are still...sorry about having to hurt every creature back there, we were actually doing our best not to hurt ay creature," Buffer stated.

"No reason to apologise. I am impressed by your actions. I just have to try that out one day," Icicle replied.

"Makes sense, because you're a Royal Guard," Buffer commented.

"And protector of Mount Aris!" Krona added.

"Protector of anywhere I'm needed," Icicle corrected.


In the mean time, Alkali was asking the guests who were the parents of all the hippogriff kids whom she did not know, what she missed.

"Well, Acid is becoming somewhat popular this year," an adult hippogriff told the heroine.

"Somewhat popular? But how?" Alkali asked.

"By starting that fruit stand, I recall," the adult stated.

"But a fruit stand cannot become so popular! There are shops and restraunts in both Mount Aris and Seaquestria!" Alkali pointed out.

"Well, his stand does have some mouth-watering fruit salads," the adult described, with saliva dripping out of his beak.

"Back to the main question; what makes the stand popular?" Alkali reminded.

"Oh, right. Well, Acid does create some smoothies and milkshakes and fruit juices for his costumers..." he adult stated.

"Are those drinks so irresistible that they became so popular?" Alkali asked.

"I wouldn't say that irresistible ," the adult figured, "But I do remember that Acid does tend to show that he is your brother."

"Wait. He did?! But how?! I wasn't there with him!" Alkali asked.

"Well, he has pictures of you and him together since you were little," the adult explained.

"And...did he keep on saying that I am a member of the Heroic Ten? And the fact that I'm his big sister?" Alkali asked.

"Well...sometimes, I remember, but he does sound proud when he declares that he is your brother," was the reply.

"He used my name to boost his fame?! That does it! I'm giving him a piece of my mind!" Alkali stormed off, marching away like a giant.

"Uh...what is Alkali mad about?" Nature Bloom asked, watching her hippogriff Best Friend from a far.


"Alright, birthday boy, what should we play now?" Jack Pine asked Acid.

"Can every creature play charge and smash?! Just suggesting!" Krone asked.

"Wouldn't that be a little dangerous? Some of us are stronger than others?" Nature Bloom's younger brother,Terrain asked.

"No offence really, but he does have a point," Purple Blend stated.

"Or maybe we should race each other across the beach?" Falcon Dive's younger sister, Kestrel suggested.

"Or just play Buck Ball?" Sunshine Rays' younger brother, Clear Sky, recommended.

"I was thinking that we..." Acid began, just before there was a loud knock at the door.

"Whoever that is knocking the door, really have no idea how loud they are!" Buffer's younger sister, Cushion, said her thoughts out loud.

"If none of you are answering it, I will," Lava announced, marching towards the door.

Once the door was opened, the creature who was knocking it pushed it all the way to the wall, smacking Lava who responded with a yelp.

"Acid!" Alkali confronted, once she entered the rom.

"Sis, why did you do that?! I told you that I will see you later, and that 'later' isn't now!" Acid scolded.

"And can some creature get me out of here?" Lava asked, with her voice muffled by the door.

"Coming!" Jack Pine responded.

"Sorry if I'm being so rude, but I have some very important business that I need to talk to you about, little brother," Alkali resumed confronting Acid.

Acid's friends all stood away from him and his older sister, as their confrontation began a new level.

"What can be so important to you? You always do cheerleading, encouraging and do everything the fun way!" Acid asked.

"I am not like I used to be before studying at the School of Friendship and after studying there, Acid, and there are some certain things that I do take seriously. Like what the real right and wrong are," Alkali braved.

"So, what is it that you are taking so seriously that you're confronting me about right now?" Acid asked.

"Did you use my name to gain fame?" Alkali started the topic.

"How did you know that?!" Acid asked in a somewhat furious tone.

"Doesn't matter. It is not right, and now that I know morality, I'm here to get you to stop doing what is wrong!" Alkali faced him.

"Or maybe you are not pleased that I'm getting popular here in your absence, and wanted me to stop so you can be the popular hippogriff around, once again," Acid protested.

His sister was shocked and backed off a bit, "What?! No! I am serious! Using some creature else's name to get what you want is never right! Doing it will make you immoral! Plus, you would be like that horrible former manager of Coloratura's, using her fame to manipulate others and get what he wants!"

The preteen hippogriffs and creatures around gasped as they continued watching the siblings face off.

"I never manipulated any creature! I was earning the family some bits fair and square by selling our fruits after making them into something unique!" Acid defied.

"But you became more popular than I did when I had my hygienic, cleaning campaign when I resided here! You totally used my fame as a heroine nowadays, to gain every creature's attention!" Alkali confronted.

"Probably because my acidic fruits are better than your alkaline soaps and detergents," Acid denied his sister's words in a sour tone.

Alkali felt hurt when her brother offended her favourite things for the first time since ages, gasping before she angrily accosted him, "I'm so sorry, Acid, but acidic fruits still have their sugar, like some acidic foods, and they can cause health problems like very serious cancer! Alkaline fruits and food most likely wouldn't cause problems like that, because some of them even improve health and reduce the risk of such diseases caused by acidic diets."

"But acidic fruits are still considered healthy," Acid plainly denied his sister, "Plus, they taste way better than alkaline food. Because alkalis taste bitter!"

Alkali gasped after hearing her brother say that about alkalis, especially in an offensive tone, something that he would barely do, especially around her.


In the mean time, Volcano was calculating the scores of the players playing the board game earlier.

"And the winning team is Evergreen and Yellow Bright, sorry about that, other team." Volcano told the players in a polite tone.

"Way a go, Falcon Dive, for halving our score throughout the game," Sunshine Rays sarcastically praised.

"What?! I was giving the best answers I could think of! If you want to hear the worst answers I got, here's the list! If, I can remember them..." Falcon Dive responded.

"I don't think you should say them, Falcon," Yellow Bright informed.

"Yeah, there are plenty of hippogriffs here, they can hear your bad answers, and get offended!" Evergreen pointed out.

Right after the word 'offended' was said, commotion could be heard as Alkali and Acid's confrontation went to an even higher level.


"Acids taste sour!" Alkali could be heard shouting in an offensive tone.

"Alkalis feel soapy!" Acid could be heard offending back.

"Acids are corrosive!" Alkali criticised.

"Alkalis are also corrosive!" Acid maligned.

"Acids react with metals, except for unreactive ones, forming a salt dependent on what acid and metal was involved, and hydrogen gas, and corrode the metal in the process!" Alkali insulted.

"Bases can also corrode metals, including the soluble bases, alkalis!" Acid retributed.

"Acids react with carbonates to form salt, depending on the type of acid and carbonate, plus water, plus the greenhouse gas carbon dioxide that traps heat in the atmosphere!" Alkali criticised.

"Alkalis react with ammonium salts to form salt, depending on the type of alkali and ammonium salt used, plus water, plus ammonia gas that can cause immediate burning of eyes, nose, throat and respiratory tract and can result in blindness, lung damage or even death!" Acid affronted.

"Only when there is a high concentration of it!" Alkali corrected, with bitterness in her tone, "Not to mention that acid solutions can conduct electricity, making it even more dangerous!"

"Alkali solutions can also conduct electricity, because they have free-moving ions to conduct it, like acid solutions do!" Acid retributed.

"Acids can burn skins as they donate protons or hydrogen ions that lowers the pH, and it can even go to pH of zero!" Alkali offended.

"Alkalis can also burn skins, and they can go even deeper into the skin than acids, causing even more damage!" Acid discredited.

"Acids are simple covalent compounds, and they behave as acids when those compounds dissolve in water or water vapour, and some of them causes pollution, more specifically, acid rain pollution!" Alkali maligned.

"Alkalis are soluble bases! Bases are any metal oxide or hydroxide, insoluble bases do not react nor dissolve in water, therefore they are not alkalis. But alkalis do dissolve and react with water, and they are most likely Alkali Metal hydroxides, formed by an explosive reaction between the metal and water. Alkali Metals are the most reactive and dangerous elements in the Periodic Table, and they tend to become more reactive down the group! Thus, alkalis can be formed through an even more dangerous way than acids!" Acid criticised.

" Only sodium and potassium form alkalis, the rest of them form insoluble bases! The soluble bases are sodium, potassium, calcium and ammonium hydroxides!" Alkali corrected before starting another point in an offensive tone, "Acids react with basic oxides and amphoteric oxides!"

"Alkalis react with acidic oxides and amphoteric oxides!" Acid vociferated.

"Acids do not react with acidic oxides and neutral oxides!" Alkali shouted in an offending tone.

"Alkalis do not react with neutral oxides and basic oxides!" Acid retributed.

"Acids turn blue litmus paper red!" Alkali offended.

"Alkalis turn red litmus paper blue!" Acid insulted.

"Acids have pH values less than 7!" Alkali exclaimed in an insulting tone.

"Alkalis have pH values greater than 7!" Acid reacted with a similar tone.

"Acids are substances that produce hydrogen ions when dissolved in water, and the hydrogen ions are responsible for its properties, also known as acidity!" Alkali shouted.

"Alkalis are substances that produce hydroxide ions in water, and all alkalis dissolve in water to give hydroxide ions, which are responsible for its properties, also known as alkalinity!" Acid shouted back.


"Acid! Alkali! Since when do you two criticise each other's favourite things?!" Vapour Float asked, entering the room.

"I taught you two everything I know about your favourite things, but not for you two to insult each other!" Water Rush added.

"And you're a twenty-years-old adult now, Alkali," Vapour Float began, before Alkali interfered.

"Going to be twenty. The year I was born may come before the year Acid was born, but its day and month comes after the day and month Acid was born."

"Fine, going to be twenty, but you are still expected to act like a mature grown-up and not have quarrels with kids, especially your younger brother, that easily," Vapour Float pointed out.

"Acid used my name to gain fame!" Alkali explained, "He kept saying that he's the brother of one of the famous new heroes of Equestrian and Beyond!" Alkali stated.

"And using others' names to earn something for yourself, is obviously a wrongdoing!" Sunshine Rays told every creature, as she and the rest of the Heroic Ten arrived.

"Seriously, very disappointing to see you act and behave that way," Icicle commented.

"I was just trying to get some creatures to do things with me, especially after Alkali never did so, when she became busier! And shunned me out!" Acid cried, before running away in tears.

Alkali was shocked to hear what her brother said about her, asking herself out loud, "I...did shun him out?!"

"Well, now that it is mentioned, Acid did look up to you as his Best Friend since he came into the world," Water Rush told his daughter.

"Your father, maternal aunt Icicle, and I were always busy doing our jobs in the afternoon once you return from school, leaving you at home alone with Acid most of the time," Vapour Float added.

"You were a great big sister and care giver to him, keeping him safe from everything that can be harmful to him," Icicle contributed.

"Especially when you taught him about acids and bases by telling him about them before he was even a year old!" Water Rush continued.

"And ensured you played safe, especially whenever you use to neutralise the weak acids and alkalis such as fruit juices and soaps," Vapour Float added.

"But as soon as you were a teenager, you became busier," Icicle recalled.

"And we were still busy working as always," Water Rush stated.

"So...when I became busier, Acid didn't have any creature to play with, nor do things with..." Alkali sadly said her thoughts out loud, "I failed my job as a big sister..."

"I may not have any siblings, but I do know one thing that you must do: you have to be like a friend and companion to him, so you can become closer once again," Luster told her hippogriff Best Friend.

"And, since you don't live with each other, you need to still keep in contact!" Nature Bloom added.

"You can always arrange a meeting with him once every week, or two weeks, or...any period of time that is less than a year," Volcano suggested.

"But right now, some creature got to Mae up to her little brother!" Krona reminded.

"You are right," Alkali responded.


In his room, Acid was talking to himself, still upset with his only sibling.

"How can she have graduated from a friendship school? She still mistreats her own sibling! Her only sibling! And never cared! And never interacted ever sine she had best friends! And the her only sibling finally got new friends to do things with, she had to ruin things...just like she ruined our favourite thing to do..."

Memories of the past years then came flowing into his head, as he remembered how old he and his sister were when they still did their one favourite thing: neutralising acids and alkalis.



"Looks like we need a bit more acid..." a twelve-years-old Alkali told her two-years old brother, who gave her another lemon that was already used for making lemonades earlier, with a bit of juice left in it.

"Thanks for the assistance, Acid, now hopefully I can put in the right amount..." Alkali responded, dipping a portion of the lemon into a solution, before she asked her only sibling, "Can you pass me the litmus papers?"

Acid did as told, giving his sister what she asked for. After she dipped the papers into the solution, and observed that neither of them changed colour.

"Great! That means the solution is finally neutralised! Although, it is impossible to really get pure water around here, but anyway, since the litmus papers did not change colour, we can finally just remove the salt and collect the water," Alkali declared.

By the time the adults arrived home, Alkali and Acid were watering the plants.

"Alkali, Acid, let me guess, that water you are using for the plants is the water from your experiments, isn't it?" Water Rush asked.

"Indeed, Dad, we neutralised lemon juice and soapy water, like we used to do. And, Acid only touched the litmus papers and lemon, nothing too dangerous," Alkali replied.

"Good to know that you always keep Acid safe and occupied, Alkali," Vapour Float told her daughter, "Sadly I did not do the same with my younger sister, being busy when she was born..."

"But she lives with us here, you'll have plenty of time to talk over dinner!" Alkali cheered her mother up.

"You're right, Alkali, let's just make the most of our time when we can," Vapour Float responded.


On the year Alkali was turning thirteen...

"Alkali! You're back! Can we do neutralisation now?" Acid greeted his sister.

"Sorry,Acid! But my teachers gave me a lot of homework! I'm afraid that that needs to come first!" Alkali responded.

"Hopefully you can still look after him, because Aunt Icicle is going out to do her Royal Guard work," Icicle told her niece.

"Sure Aunt, Icicle! I can show him how I do my homework and explain why the answers are the way they are, to him! That way, I'm killing two birds with one stone, which means achieve two aims at once," Alkali replied.

"Hopefully you will," Icicle answered, closing the door and leaving.

"But, Alkali! What about our favourite thing?" Acid asked.

"Sorry, Acid, you don't want your big sister failing her tests, don't you?" Alkali asked.

"No..." was the response.

"Good, now, just make yourself comfortable listening to what I have to say as I do my work..." Alkali said, walking to her room with her brother following.


The next year, Icicle brought Acid home from his kindergarten school.

"Remember to do your work," Icicle told her nephew.

"Of course, Aunt Icicle! Hopefully Alkali can finish her work as well, then we can finally do our thing again..." Acid said, his tone gradually changing from cheerful too sad.

"Why don't you just do your homework?" Icicle asked.

"Oh, right..." Acid replied.

Soon Acid, with a plate of squeezed lemons, walked to Alkali's door, knocking it, he sang,

"Do you want to create some water?
Come on your exams are over.
There's plenty of time to do so,
and it'll be finished the sooner we go,
it's a little while and fun!

I waited for a time like ages!
For this one action to finally be done!
So do you want to make some water?
It does not have to be purified water!"

Alkali, on the other side of the door, working on some plans on her table, sighed and called to her little brother, "Not today, Acid! I'm busy preparing for my activism to encourage every creature to be more hygienic and wash themselves more often!"

"Alright, bye." Acid sadly sang, retreating to his room.

In a short montage, the days and nights flew by as Alkali became an effective activist who successfully encouraged every creature certain good habits. Soon, summer came, and a slightly older Acid decided to try get his big sister to do their favourite experiment once again.

"Do you want to make some water?
This time try it with different reactants?
Like other citrus fruits or vinegar?
Or even dishwashing soap, from the kitchen?

I'm really getting lonely,
never playing with you,
after all this time..."

In a second montage, Acid was seen graduating from kindergarten, and finally getting to interact with his big sister, but still not do their favourite experiment. After Spring returned, and Acid going to his new school, Alkali packed her things for the School of Friendship, to her little brother's dismay.

Soon, a Parents-Teacher Conference Meeting was held at the School of Friendship, granting the students' families a chance to see both the teachers, and the students themselves. Acid went with his parents, in hopes of seeing his big sister, but unfortunately, Alkali was constantly distracted by meeting her best friends' families and barely noticed him.

The many months passed and the events of the Heroic Ten's Graduation Day unfolded, making Acid believe that his sister was finally returning to Mount Aris. But to his horror, Princess Twilight Sparkle let the heroes reside in the Castle of Friendship, officially making it clear that Alkali would not be returning.

In the present, Alkali, with her birthday present for her brother, sadly approached his door, knocking it, "Acid?"

"Little brother if you can hear me,
I would like to, and have to say I'm sorry.
I'm a horrible sis,
let things turn out like this,
after everything I missed...

I was so distracted by other things,
that I have the least concerns,
for the fat that I'm some creature's only sibling...
Before the day is over,
do you want to make some water?

The door opened and revealed Acid, who looked at his big sister and her gift for him. Seeing how she silently expressed that she wanted him to open her gift for him that instant, he took the present and found a pH sensor, smiling.

"A pH sensor! Thanks sis, but are you sure you want to use it for our favourite thing?" Acid asked.

"Sure, anything for you, especially today, little brother." Alkali replied in a warm tone.

Later that day, after Acid and Alkali finished neutralising their solution, filtering it through a filter paper, then poring the solution into a flat, wide container for evaporation and setting up a clean, silver tray above it for the water vapour to condense on and slide into a beaker at the end.

"That's really unique!" Buffer commented.

"And best of all, those reactants did not go to waste!" Nature Bloom added.

"I'm always glad to see something good around the world," Sunshine Rays remarked.

"Alkali, after all these years, I'm glad that old times are returning," Acid told his sister.

"And I'm glad that we're finally close together once again, Acid," Alkali replied, before sharing a hug with her brother.

"Acid! It's time to have the birthday cake!" Princess Aqueous informed.

"Thanks for telling me, Aqueous!" Acid responded, before announcing, "I'm coming, eery creature!"

As the events unfold, a letter for Princess Twilight Sparkle was read out loud.

Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle,
I may have graduated from the School of Friendship, but there is still a lot of things about friendship that I have to get right. Today, I got into a major fight with my only sibling, my little brother, Acid, when I visited Mount Aris and my former residence to attend his birthday party. I soon discovered that I have shunned him out, over the years, nearly ending my friendship with him. Thanks to my best friends, who gave me helpful suggestions, I fixed my mistake and learnt something magical about a good sibling relationship. A good relationship between siblings, is very similar to the relationship between good friends. They would look out for one another, and show care towards one another. Now I learnt this lesson, I will be more concern for each of my friends, and family members, for as long as I remember them. And never shun any of them out.
Signed, one of your faithful students' best friends,
Alkali

After the letter was finished, trumpets could be heard outside.

"That's my Mum. I'm sorry, every creature, I have to go," Princess Aqueous told every creature.

"That's alright, we can always see each other again next time!" Purple Blend stated.

"Such a shame that one of our friends is unable to be here because of some unfortunate things," Lava commented.

"Otherwise he can meet you," Jack Pine continued.

"But there''s still next time!" Krone reminded.

"And don't forget the food that your Mum wanted!" Kestrel reminded, giving Princess Aqueous a food container with cake and some of the party food in it.

"Hopefully she likes blueberry cake," Terrain added.

"And apples, and pineapples and peaches and all the food in there..." Clear Sky listed.

"Thanks, every creature!" Princess Aqueous responded, before leaving.

"Goodbye! And safe travels!" Cushion waved.


Outside, Queen Skystar greeted her daughter, "Aqueous! How's the party? And is that some of the food I'm hoping for?"

"Well, it is some of the party food, and you did ask every creature if they can reserve some for you, so it probably is..." Princess aqueous answered.

"Blueberry cake and fruits?!" the queen exclaimed, the moment she opened the food container, "I didn't have these for a long time when I was hiding from the Storm King! This is great party food! I should totally get my Mum to return to Mount Aris, too. And have a land food feast with cakes and fruits..."

"Oh, Mum," Princess Aqueous giggled.

"Alright, I'll just have a daily diet of land food with your grandma once I invite her over, and we can have lots of land fun!" Queen Skystar cheered.

"Right...By the way, I think you have to be a bit more careful with food, especially after what I heard Acid and Alkali said about acidic and alkaline food back there..." Princess Aqueous advised.

"Wait, there's acidic and alkaline food?!" Queen Skystar asked.

"Well, if you don't really know, here's the long explanation..." Princess Aqueous began.


Meanwhile, in Acid's room, the two hippogriff siblings were spending private time like they used to do when they were younger.

"And this is a gift from your friend who unfortunately can't come today..." Alkali told her brother, giving him the last present he had that day.

"A book about Acids and Bases, too bad its title cannot be 'Acids and Alkalis,' something I would like even more," Acid commented.

"It's alright, we're still close siblings, especially since we made arrangements of when and where our next three meetings will be, so we can stay in contact," Alkali assured.

"And I can't wait for your birthday, even though the food will most likely be alkaline," Acid said.

"Don't worry, acidic food is allowed as well," Alkali chuckled.

"And I don't need to guess, that the cake is an almond cake," Acid remarked.

"You know me too well, Acid," Alkali told her brother.

"Alkali, the train will be here in quarter of an hour! We got to go!" Luster called from the living room.

"Whoops, I got to rush off, see you next meeting, Acid," Alkali informed.

"See you next meeting sis,"Acid replied.


"There you are," Evergreen greeted her hippogriff Best Friend.

"Let me guess, spending some last minute time with your brother," Volcano commented.

"Totally, after shunning him out for all those years," Alkali responded, scratching her head a bit.

"So you made up to him by companying him!" Yellow Bright exclaimed.

"The more likely correct words to say are 'by keeping him company', Yellow Bright," Sunshine Rays corrected.

"Anyway, good to know that hippogriffs got long," Krona stated.

"Actually, since Acid was born, he and Alkali are known as the 'Corrosive Siblings', a nickname that family and friends of their parents used to call them whenever they are together," Water Rush told the heroes.

"And I bet we all know why you nicknamed them that," Falcon Dive started.

"Because both acids and alkalis are corrosive," Buffer finished for the griffon.

"Something that our favourite things have in common," Alkali declared.

"Anyway, we're glad that you do get along after all that happened earlier," Nature Bloom remarked.

"Not to interrupt your conversation, every creature, but you got to catch your train," Icicle reminded the guests.

"Our train! We almost forgot! Goodbye, and see you next gathering!" Luster called to Alkali's family, before rushing off with the rest of the guests.