• Published 4th Jul 2020
  • 2,362 Views, 100 Comments

My Little Pony: How the Magic of Friendship Grows (Season 1) - Majestical4729



A new series that stars Luster Dawn and her best friends as they attempt to improve friendship.

  • ...
7
 100
 2,362

25. Stone-Hearted, Part One

Author's Note:

Stone-Hearted, Part One serves as the first part of the two=parted Season 1 finale, and the twenty-fifth episode of the series.

Summary: When the Council of Friendship did not send a word to the temporarily in charge of Equestria in their absence Princess Cadence, the Heroic Ten adventure to the Stone Mountain of Nothingness, bringing Trixie along with them due to a promise half of the team made with the Guidance Counsellor, plus Discord, whose magic came in handy.

Acknowledgements:

Differences between Sea and Ocean

Difference between Guests and Visitors

In the Throne Room in Canterlot, the Council of Friendship were having a meeting as they looked at a map of all of Equestria and Beyond.

"This is a map of everything involved in the range of areas we know." Princess Twilight Sparkle began, "Even with families passing their homes down their family lines, we still are going to need a lot of land to build new houses, farms and reservoirs and everything."

"But we cannot cut down forests nor take over areas with grass! We need those plants as much as little animals would! Especially when they clear up the air from all the pollution we're making!" Fluttershy added.

"You mean all the carbon dioxide that we breathe out and produce when we burn trash for energy? Yes, that's the pollution." Spike pointed out.

"We can ask all Pegasi to live in the skies above ground..." Rainbow Dash suggested.

"But most creatures are not Pegasi!" Rarity reminded.

"All hippogriffs and changelings could transform into sea ponies and live underwater?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"But that could invade the homes of fishes and animals that depend on water as they live in bodies of water!" Fluttershy protested.

"Maybe I can build another barn and get my family living in Caramel's former house that he donated to them after he married me, to move into the barn so some creature else can have the house?" Applejack asked.

"That wouldn't solve much, would that?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Or, maybe we don't have to build new buildings! We can have them live in the wild like old time cave-ponies would!" Pinkie Pie suggested, dressing up like a cave-pony wearing animal skin as clothing.

"Cave-ponies?!" Fluttershy whimpered, "No way!"

"Sorry, I don't think that that's a good idea, Pinkie." Princess Twilight Sparkle apologised, before looking back at the map, saying out loud, "We need somewhere that doesn't have any flora nor fauna to hurt."

"Maybe we could make more cities like Manhattan! Hundreds or even thousands of creatures can live in a single hundred meters square!" Rarity suggested to the rest of the Council of Friendship.

"And how is that possible?!" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Because, Manehattan has buildings with apartments that go up a hundred floors!" Rarity exclaimed.

"Are you sure?!" Rainbow Dash asked.

"What Rarity meant is, the buildings with apartment floors go up so high, that they can have lots of space for creatures to live in, all while taking up lesser land because it takes up lesser area on the ground!" Spike clarified.

"But, who wold want to live in a city when everywhere we go is mostly a town or a village?" Fluttershy asked.

"I know who would!" Pinkie Pie raised her hoof, "Rarity! She loves Manehattan!"

"What?! Pinkie Pie, I love Manehattan, but not as much as I love Ponyville! Ponyville is my home!" Rarity protested.

"And ours, too!" the other mares except for Twilight, shouted in unison.

"I got it! We can try building new buildings on The Stone Mountain of Nothingness, which is right on the other side of the South Luna Ocean." Princess Twilight Sparkle announced.

"The Stone Mountain of Nothingness?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"It got it's name because nothing is found living near it, nor in it." Princess Twilight Sparkle explained.

"When was it found, exactly?" Fluttershy asked.

"Ages ago, before we were all even born." Princess Twilight Sparkle answered.

"Shouldn't we check it, just to make sure there really are no flora nor fauna living in it? I mean, things change over time, and there might be some living things capable of living in there, living in there!" Fluttershy pointed out.

"And we shouldn't kick them out of their homes because we needed space!" Applejack added.

"We have to make sure that there are indeed, zero living things to hurt there, before doing whatever we need to do." Princess Twilight Sparkle announced.

"So...does that mean..." Spike began, before Pinkie Pie beat him to saying the next word.

"Adventure!"


After the series theme song intro played, it was evening, and the Heroic Ten members were retuning to the Castle of Friendship for dinner after work.

"Back from my duties in the sky!" Falcon Dive announced, as he flew into the castle.

"I'm back from getting more writing supplies, so I can write more of my books mainly focusing on morality and virtues and the right thing to do!" Sunshine Rays announced, flying into the castle.

"And I'm back from delivering." Buffer ended.

"And you're all in time for dinner!" Sunburst informed.

Once every creature was in the Dining Room, Starlight Glimmer entered with a huge pot in her magic's grasp.

"Who's ready for today's dinner consisting pumpkin soup?" Starlight Glimmer asked cheerfully, levitating a huge pot down onto the table, right in the middle so every creature would not have problems getting it.

"Krona's definitely ready for soup!" Krona exclaimed.

"And perhaps some news?" Falcon Dive asked.

"News?" Buffer questioned.

"I saw the Council of Friendship in their chariot, heading south west this afternoon." Falcon Dive informed.

"They are probably going to check on a location in Equestria, nothing much." Volcano figured.

"But, don't they usually announce where they would be going before they actually go there? I mean, with the Ruler of Equestria present, wouldn't the creatures there go a little crazy as royalty was visiting without any word, resulting in the town having nothing prepared for a royal visit?" Alkali asked.

"Well...when Appleloosa was suffering from a lack of water, the Council of Friendship visited there, without any declaration before they did so." Buffer remembered.

"That's because the town is facing a crisis!" Nature Bloom pointed out.

"And, as the rulers of Equestria, the Council of Friendship had to do something!" Evergreen stated.

"So maybe, somewhere in Equestria has a crisis that attracts the council!" Volcano summarised.

"Whatever it is, the Council of Friendship should be able to handle it. They always do." Yellow Bright assured.

"And in the meantime, let's have soup!" Starlight Glimmer announced, beginning to serve the soup to every creature with her magic.


Meanwhile, at the very top of the Stone Mountain of Nothingness, the Council of Friendship had set a camp right next to their chariot.

"The sunset is just beautiful, isn't it?" Rarity asked, looking at what she mentioned with her husband Spike.

"It sure is, Rare. I'm glad that we can see this together after how long we didn't see each other after every meeting." Spike responded, just before being interrupted by Pinkie Pie's voice.

"Guess what this is!"

The part pony was making some shadow puppets against one of the boulders on the top of the mountain, as part of a game she was playing with Applejack.

"That's easy, it's a bunny!" Applejack answered.

"Uh-uh! It's a hare!" Pinkie Pie responded.

"Bunny, hare...what's the difference?!" Applejack sarcastically asked.

"Well, bunnies are usually referring to small rabbits, mostly baby rabbits. While hares are larger than rabbits." Fluttershy explained, walking towards the two Earth Ponies.

"No storm clouds around, every creature! We should have an awesome camping adventure ahead of us!" Rainbow Dash announced, returning to the group.

"Thanks, Rainbow Dash, now let's have dinner, then some sleep before checking this place out in the morning." Princess Twilight Sparkle instructed.

"Can't we treat this like a campout and NOT go to sleep so soon?" Pinkie Pie asked like a child.

"Well, since we don't usually do this for a long time, I suppose we can...just this once." Princess Twilight Sparkle answered after thinking for a while.

"Gorgeous! Because I have just the story to tell before bed!" Rarity announced.

"Let's not forget dinner first." Spike reminded, bringing his bag of supplies, and taking out a lunchbox.


The next morning, Featherweight delivered newspapers throughout Ponyville like usual, before delivering the last newspaper to the Castle of Friendship.

"Newspaper delivery!" the pegasus called, knocking on the castle's golden door.

"Alright, alright, we're here to get the delivery!" Eclipse Instant told Featherweight, walking out of the castle after hearing his constant knocking and calling.

"Sorry, just wanted to make sure some creature's here to get it." Featherweight apologised.

"What happens if no creature's at home?" Eclipse Instant asked.

"Then the newspaper will go into their mailbox." Featherweight replied, causing them both to look at the mailbox for the Castle of Friendship's residents' mail.

"WHAT?! You could have just always put the mail in there than call and knock!" Eclipse complained, as her horn glowed and several little magic sparks came out.

Featherweight backed off in fear, before Eclipse calmed down and apologised, "Sorry...I can get annoyed easily at times. Just please put the newspaper in the mailbox next time."

"Is that what Head-mare Starlight Glimmer wanted? Because she wanted the newspaper to be delivered directly to some creature living in the Castle, so that they all will know the news! And it's usually Sunshine Rays who gets it, because she usually stays in the Castle!" Featherweight informed.

"Whatever! I suggest that the newspaper should be put in he mailbox so whenever some creature collects mail, they will collect the newspaper alongside it!" Eclipse Instant informed.

"If you say so," Featherweight responded, turning to the mailbox in an attempt to put the newspaper there.

"But...if some creature who resides in the Castle of Friendship is right in front of you, you can just give them the newspaper!" Eclipse Instant notified.

"Sorry for all the trouble, next time talk faster so I won't do anything wrong that can be prevented!" Featherweight suggested, giving Eclipse the newspaper before taking off.

"Eclipse, you got the newspaper?" Sunshine Rays asked, flying towards the unicorn.

"Yes, I do. Not a big deal." the unicorn replied.

"I actually overheard the conversation and know that you told Mr Featherweight to do something that Head-mare Starlight Glimmer never said anything about!" Sunshine Rays informed in a somewhat scolding tone.

"I thought that was best, so I said that!" Eclipse Instant protested.

"That's what you thought, but not know! Think and know are not synonyms nor antonyms! So you can't trust what you think is best to be the real best! Do I have to teach you morality lectures, too?!" Sunshine Rays asked, as the mares headed inside.

"Why do you always make big deals out of these little things?" Eclipse Instant asked, getting annoyed.

"Because I'm moral! Concerned for right and wrong! To the point that I abandon my desires that are against what I know and feel is right!" Sunshine Rays blurted out.

"You fight against desires? I thought that doing what is right is what you always wanted." Eclipse Instant asked.

"It is, but sometimes I wanted to do something that is not so right, and have to battle that desire to stay on morality's track." Sunshine Rays replied.

"What are you girls talking about?" Shapeshifter asked, with a mop in his front legs, since he was mopping the floor.

"Morality?" Eclipse Instant answered.

"All started from when Eclipse told Mr Featherweight to put the newspaper in the mailbox instead of call and knock, something Head-mare Starlight never said!" Sunshine Rays told the changeling in front of her.

"What?! Eclipse, why did you do the?" Shpaeshifter asked.

"Because I was annoyed by the calls and knocks?" Eclipse Instant answered.

"Annoyed or not, we shouldn't just go around telling others things our way." Shapeshifter informed.

"That's what I was trying to tell her. Not some creature in charge, should never take charge in their absence without their approval nor words. Plus, even if you were left in charge, I don't think that telling some creature else to do something that the original commander never said is acceptable!" Sunshine Rays blurted out.

"Classic Sunshine. Should have known that you will always make a big deal out of everything because of how strict you are." Eclipse Instant said.

"I'm only being this strict because I like being moral! I can't just let immoral deeds happen, regardless of their size!" Sunshine Rays ended her part of the conversation, "Now if you excuse me, I got to finish my example of what a good children's book is like! Filled with reality facts like, there's no way a restaurant will serve you something that's not on the menu other than plain water!"

"Yup, that's definitely Sunshine Rays for you." Shapeshifter apprised to Eclipse Instant, watching the white pegasus walk away.


That evening, once every creature returned and gathered in the Dining room for dinner, Starlight asked the only pegasus in the area, "So, Sunshine. Did we get the newspaper today?"

"We did, but I believe that that question should be answered by Eclipse Instant." Sunshine Rays responded.

"I was only trying to help! And I do have reasons to think that having whoever delivering newspapers putting the newspaper in the mailbox is better than having them knock on the door and call until some creature answers!" Eclipse protested.

"Wait, you told Mr Featherweight to put the newspaper for us in the mailbox?" Starlight asked.

"When we said nothing about that?" Sunburst added.

"Sorry, Head-mare and Vice-head stallion of the School of Friendship, I thought that was for the better, I mean, we always checked the mailbox every day! And bring the mail in! So if the newspaper is in the mailbox, it would be brought in alongside the other mail!" Eclipse Instant reminded.

"You do have a point..." Starlight commented.

"And I thought that having some creature to knock on our door until some creature responses can be quite troublesome, so putting the newspaper in the mailbox instead might be a lot better." Eclipse explained.

"Now that you put it that way, it does make sense. So, from now on, the newspapers should be collected alongside the mail from the mailbox." Starlight declared.

"Phew, glad that you're not so upset." Eclipse Instant sighed in relief.

"Sorry about how I acted!" Sunshine Rays apologised.

"That's alright, Sunshine. All is forgiven, or, most likely." Sahpeshifer responded.

"Anyway, who collected mail today?" Sunburst asked.

"I did, and it's mail for the Heads of the School of Friendship." Evergreen responded, levitating some letters in sealed in envelopes towards the unicorn couple.

"Thanks, Evergreen, we'll settle them after dinner." Starlight Glimmer responded.

"So, who's got the news?" Buffer asked.

"You meant newspaper, as in 'Who's got the newspaper'." Volcano corrected like he usually would whenever he heard some creature making a mistake.

"I do!" Eclipse Instant answered, levitating the said paper, "Read it all you want."

The unicorn levitated the newspaper towards Volcano, who quickly read them through silent reading, before revealing the news to every creature around.

"No way! The Council of Friendship are checking out the Stone Mountain of Nothingness, to se if they could build facilities and buildings there?!"

"The Stone Mountain of Nothingness?" Krona asked.

"Founded and named long ago, before any of the members of the Council of Friendship were born." Volcano answered.

"But, why would it be named, 'The Stone Mountain of Nothingness?' " Nature Bloom asked.

"There's no way something can be made out of nothing for a start!" Falcon Dive added.

"That's because the mountain is mainly stone, with nothing living in it. No flora nor fauna, no living organisms as they can see." Volcano explained, "That's how it got its name."

"Through the discovery that there's nothing living in it?!" Alkali asked.

"And nothing living around it." Volcano finished.

"That mountain sounds like a very interesting mountain! I mean, nothing living in it nor around it?! That's unlike every other mountain we know: As they all have creatures and plants around them! And in them!" Yellow Bright stated.

"But...doesn't that make the mountain sound a little...dangerous?" Nature Bloom asked.

"That? What does 'that' mean?" Luster asked.

"the fact that there are no creatures nor plants living in it nor around it? Nothing living in nor around there? Unlike most other mountains?" Nature Bloom clarified as she whimpered.

"Don't worry Nature Bloom, the Council of Friendship won't let any creature else go there until they are certain that it's safe." Evergreen assured.

"But, if the whole Council's away, who's in charge of Equestria?!" Nature Bloom asked, causing every creature to realise the possibility that Equestria was going to be left with no leader until Volcano, who was busy looking at the newspaper while every creature else looked shock, told them some news that calmed them down.

"Don't worry, every creature! Princess Twilight Sparkle already had her duties covered by telling creatures what should be done around the kingdom before her departure! Plus, the former Ruler of the Crystal Empire, Princess Cadance, will be in charge until Princess Twilight returns."

"That's a relief." Buffer commented.

"But, has Princess Cadence ruled over Equestria before? I mean, it's a lot bigger than just the Crystal Empire!" Falcon Dive asked.

"Princess Twilight is sure that Princess Cadence can handle it. And Princess Cadence is staying at Canterlot temporarily during this period of time." Volcano added.

"But, it is so sudden that such things happened. How can Princess Cadence handle a kingdom that's a lot bigger than the Empire that she ruled over all those years?!" Nature Bloom asked.

"Relax, Cadence is not the only creature who's close to Twilight to substitute for Twilight temporarily for the very first time! Back when Discord sent Twilight and her friends on a wild goose chase through making a fake friendship mission for them, I substituted for Twilight as temporary Head-mare of the School of Friendship, for the very first time, and managed to do a good job!" Starlight informed.

"That is if you don't say anything about the whole problem with Discord and his tricks that day." Sunshine Rays plainly stated.

"Right...other than the failure to prevent Discord from making all that temporary trouble, at least everything worked out in the end." Starlight sheepishly responded.

"Can we please get back to dinner?! The food's getting cold as we all have been taking instead of eating!" Falcon Dive complained, reminding every creature of why they were fitted around the Dining Table in he first place.

"Falcon Dive's right! We better finish our food, fast!" Sunburst announced, levitating his plate, fork and spoon before eating.


The next day in Canterlot, Princess Cadence was pacing in the Throne Room, waiting for something.

"Come on, Twilight. You told me that you will send me a letter every morning and every night until you return! Why haven't you sent any this morning?" Princess Cadence asked, just before wha she was waiting for arrived.

"Thank goodness they're all alright! I was getting worried!" Princess Cadance said out loud, after silent reading what the letter said.

"Your Majesty, it's time for you to check on everything in Canterlot!" Gallus informed from where he usually stood, right in front of the Throne room doors.

"Thanks for the reminder, Gallus You're like a second-in-command to the Ruler of Equestria!" Princess Cadence complimented.

"I'm just doing my job," Gallus replied, glad to hear the compliment.


In the mean time, at the Stone Mountain of Nothingness, Spike tested the mountain's fire resistance by breathing fire at the stone ground on the top. Finding that the stone did not catch fire, he announced, "This mountain's rock ground is fireproof indeed, as it does not burn when there's fire."

"It may have resisted dragon fire, but can it resist a pegasus' storm cloud's lightning?!" Rainbow Dash asked, bringing a storm cloud to the area, kicking the said cloud, making it release lightning that struck the stone floor due to Spike moving himself away from the site, to prevent himself from being the lightning's target.

After the lightning struck several times, and getting zero fire results, Rainbow Dash declared, "This mountain's top is fireproof and safe!"

"The hippogriff guard turned into a sea pony and scouted the waters below, and no living creatures around like what the founders said." Princess Twilight Sparkle informed.

"So, does this mean that we can use this mountain?" Rarity asked.

"Most likely we can." Princess Twilight Sparkle answered.

"I knew it!" Pinkie Pie cheered, "I knew that this mountain is the place to be! Other than Ponyville, of course."

"I just hope that it really is alright." Fluttershy whimpered.

"Come on, Fluttershy, we checked and I scanned the whole mountain. Other than us, no creature is here. No plants, no animals, nothing to hurt nor harm when we build facilities here!" Princess Twilight Sparkle reminded.

"I suppose so..." Fluttershy responded in a tone that showed that she was still uncertain.

"Maybe we should do one last check before work." Princess Twilight Sparkle figured.


The day passed by very quickly, and a tired Princess Cadance returned to Canterlot Throne Room after a day of duties.

"Can't believe I'm saying this, but I am glad that I didn't rule all of Equestria back when I was a ruler." Cadance said out loud despite how tired she was.

"Your majesty, has the Council of Friendship sent you the letter yet?" Gallus asked.

"Weren't you there when I got the letter this morning?" Cadance reminded.

"I'm talking about the letter that they should send at night. They said that they will send a letter every day and every night until they return, so we will know how they are doing." Princess Cadance explained, sounding more and more worried with each passing word.

"It's not like it of them to forget such a simple promise." Gallus thought for a while before stating.

"And that's not all. Princess Twilight said that even though she's away, she will still be raising and setting the sun and the moon at the right time. But look outside!" Princess Cadence said, walking towards the nearest transparent glass window to see the sunset.

"That's odd, the sun should be lower and begin dusk by now." Gallus commented, seeing that it was still half sunset.

"Something must have happened. And it mostly isn't something good." Princess Cadance figured, sounding even more worried.

"Should we send the Royal Guards?" Gallus asked.

"I think I know a team of creatures who can handle this." Princess Cadance replied.


At the Castle of Friendship's Dining Room, the residents of the said castle were waiting for some creature to save dinner.

"I hope that whatever Alkali made in a short period of time isn't bitter gourd soup..." Shapeshifter commented.

"Don't worry, she told me that according to research, what she's making is alkaline, but not bitter gourd." Volcano assured.

"Dinner's served every creature!" Alkali announced, placing a bowl full of cooked Brussels sprouts at the center of the table, to every creature's dismay.

"Brussels sprouts?!" Krona asked.

"Well...Brussels sprouts are alkaline...and not bitter gourd soup, and not bitter gourd..." Volcano nervously stated.

"Maybe it's a little better than bitter gourds?!" Yellow Bright asked in a nervous tone, trying to stay positive.

"If Yellow Bright says so, prove it!" Krona declared.

"Alright..." Yellow Bright replied, before nervously brining his face towards the bowl of cooked Brussels sprouts, slowly and uncomfortably as he went. Fortunately for him, the process is interfered by the arrival of a letter sent by magic.

"A letter!" Luster exclaimed, causing Yellow Bright o sigh in relief.

"Let me guess, from the Ruler of Equestria?" Sunshine Rays asked.

"Half correct, because it's for the temporary Ruler of Equestria, Princess Cadance!" Luster answered, "It says that the Council of Friendship had her worried; they did not send a letter to tell her how things were going yet, plus, the sun had not fully set when it should have by now!"

Volcano took out a clock from nowhere and looked at the time, commenting, "The sun should have been completed yout of sight when you look at the horizon by now!"

The Heroic Ten rushed out the Castle to take a look, and saw the it was half sunset, not dark.

"That is weird. It's not like it for Princess Twilight to set the sun like this." Luster claimed.

"Did the letter say anything else?" Buffer questioned.

"The letter says that some creature has to go to the Stone Mountain of Nothingness to check on the Council of Friendship, and make sure that they're alright. And those creatures...are us!" Luster announced.

"Us?!" Nature Bloom asked.

"Why am I not surprised?" Sunshine Rays responded.

"Maybe because we already saved all of Equestria and Beyond once, and helped in several major events!" Falcon Dive answered.

"The School of Friendship's graduated top students, Captain of the Royal Guards, Gallus, his wife Silverstream, they friends Smolder and Ocellus, plus the married Yona and Sandbar would serve as backup in case something bad happened to you all. Just be careful and please keep me updated with letters reporting on your progress. Signed, Princess Candance." Luster finished reading.

"So...we're going to the Stone Mountain of Nothingness?!" Falcon Dive asked in an excited tone.

"Yes we are." Luster answered.

"We better pack up supplies, because this isn't going to be a short, less-than-a-day adventure!" Volcano advised.

"Did some creature say 'adventure'?" a familiar voice could be heard saying, causing the creatures to turn and look at Trixie's Wagon, parked right outside of the Castle of Friendship.

Out came the owner of the voice, who was the same creature as the owner of the wagon, Trixie the blue unicorn, who was also the Guidance Counsellor of the School of Friendship nearby.

"I heard that you creatures are chosen to go an adventure mission to find the Council of Friendship at some Stone Mountain..." Trixie began.

"It's called the Stone Mountain of Nothingness." Buffer informed.

"Located at the other side of the South Luna Sea!" Krona added.

"Actually, it's the South Luna Ocean!" Alkali corrected.

"Sea, ocean, what's the difference?" Krona sarcastically asked.

"In terms of geography, seas are smaller than oceans and are usually located where the land and ocean meet. Plus, seas are typically enclosed by land, and found on the margins of the ocean." Volcano answered.

"Thanks, Volcano, for the explanation without a long list of additional unnecessary facts." Falcon Dive thanked in a sarcastic tone.

"You sounded sarcastic, so you don't really mean it, do you?" Volcano responded.

"WHAT?! I just sounded sarcastic! I'm used to it at times! I really meant what I just said!" Falcon Dive protested.

"Come on, you two! This is no time for arguing!" Nature Bloom told the dragon and griffon.

"Right now we got to figure out how are we going to get to the Stone Mountain of Nothingness." Luster announced.

"Can't you unicorns just teleport there?!" Falcon Dive asked.

"If we know what our destination looks like for real!" Luster answered, "I never went to the Stone Mountain of Nothingness before!"

"Neither did Krona!" Krona added.

"Nor I," Sunshine Rays contributed.

"I did not go there before, neither." Evergreen added.

"Nor I!" Yellow Bright chirped.

"I don't think any of us went there, before." Nature Bloom said the main point out.

Every creature then looked at the only creature who was biologically a generation or two generations older than them.

"Why are all of you staring at me?" Trixie asked.

"Because you might have went to the Stone Mountain of Nothingness before?" Buffer asked.

"What?! Why would you think of something like that after you saw me being unable to say it's proper name?!" Trixie asked.

"Because you're a lot older than all of us." Volcano answered.

"And the older you are, the more you probably will know from the more time you've been around." Falcon Dive continued.

"Even back when I was the travelling magician who calls herself 'The Great and Powerful Trixie', I never went to a mountain made of stone!" Trixie claimed.

"You said that you had o work on a Rock Farm once," Alkali reminded.

"Back when you challenged Princess Twilight Sparkle to a magic duel, before she was an alicorn princess." Volcano added that detail.

"Even so, I did not travel far to visit a Stone Mountain, especially when it's not any where near Equestria!" Trixie declared.

"The Stone Mountain of Nothingness is quite far, being a few hundred kilometres away from the edge of the kingdom, on the other side of the South Luna Ocean." Volcano informed.

"No big deal, we can just fly there!" Falcon Dive claimed, getting his wings stretched for a long flight.

"But, Falcon Dive, not all of us can fly!" Buffer reminded.

"Oh, right..." Falcon Dive nervously laughed, "I kind of forget that..."

"I believe that the right term is 'forgot', as in 'I kind of forgot that', because it already happened." Volcano corrected.

"Whatever..." Falcon Dive plainly responded.

"Maybe we can just carry all of you there?" Alkali suggested.

"But can each of you five flyers carry five non-flyers around your size or bigger, all the way to the Stone Mountain on the other side of the South Luna Ocean?" Luster asked.

"Five?! What about me?!" Trixie asked.

"You're going with us?!" Falcon Dive asked in a shocked tone.

"If you all need reminding, you made a deal with me during Hearth's Warming Eve, telling me that you will bring me with you on your next mission or task or adventure!" Trixie explained.

"Is Guidance Counsellor telling the truth or what she can't remember correctly?" Krona asked.

"Actually, she's telling the truth."Luster responded, "Don't you all remember the deal we made with her after she felt that we were accusing her of stealing our Hearth's Warming Presents for one another?"

The other creatures thought for a while without uttering a word, before remembering their deal at last.

"Right...sorry we forgot." Sunshine Rays apologised.

"Apology accepted every creature, but you got to show more true in me during the task." Trixie instructed.

"I believe the correct word is 'faith', as in 'show more faith in me during the task'." Volcano corrected.

"Come on, every creature! It's just one adventure!" Yellow Bright chirped.

"Alright, Guidance Counsellor Trixie, how are we going to get to the Stone Mountain?" Luster asked.

"Why are you asking me? I'm not the leader, you are!" Trixie reminded.

"You're older than I am, and older than all of my best friends, and you are a Guidance Counsellor who gives advice to students at the School of Friendship for the longest of time! You might have some good ideas!" Luster reminded.

"Now that you mention it, I am a Guidance Counsellor who should have good ideas! And I think we should ride a balloon to the Stone Mountain of Nothingness!" Trixie declared in a confident tone.

"Why didn't we think of that?" Falcon Dive asked.

"That's actually a good idea!" Evergreen commented.

"A lot better than travelling a long distance carrying lots of weight." Nature Bloom added.

"Then that settles it, grab your adventuring supplies every creature, and get ready to leave in 15 minutes time." Luster instructed.


Alkali flew into the Gardening Room, the home of the Hyacinth macaws that reside in the Castle of Friendship. The birds watched the hippogriff harvest the bitter gourds growing in the room, as quickly as she could. Since Alkali usually would not be in a hurry to harvest her favourite food from the Gardening Room, the macaws found it unusual and squawked.

"Oh, hi Hyacinth Macaws. If you're wondering why I'm in a rush, it's because I have to leave for a mission in 15 minutes time! Or, less than 15 minutes time, by now!" Alkali informed, as she plucked the bitter gourds off the plants that grew them.

In his room, Volcano packed up his stationery, notebook, compass, and sunglasses, before rushing off.

At her room, Luster packed up a few things such as an umbrella, a water bottle, sunblock and snacks in a lunchbox, just before her parents came in to check on her.

"Luster?" Starlight asked, startling the younger unicorn.

"Mum, Dad!" Luster responded in a shocked tone.

"Sorry we startled you, we just wanted to check on you." Sunburst informed.

"I told you Mum and Dad, I'm fine!" Luster told her parents.

"We know, we just wanted to remind you, be extremely careful out there." Starlight apprised, walking towards her daughter, nuzzling her face.

"Don't worry Mum and Dad, I will." Luster responded, as the family of three unicorns gathered together for a family face nuzzle.


"In case some creature wants to change my moral spirit, got to bring everything I wrote about morality and right things in this book!" Sunshine Rays told herself, packing the large book into her backpack of supplies, which was overflowing with her belongings such as her keyboard, Moonshade Fright costume, and water bottle.

"Come on, Sunshine! Do you really need hat?!" Falcon Dive asked in a complaining tone, as he said in the air, right outside of Sunshine Rays' room.

"I bought them, just in case we do!" Sunshine Rays answered.

"You think we have to scare some creature?!" Falcon Dive questioned.

"I'm ringing them just in case." Sunshine Rays repeated.

"Krona ready to go!" Krona's calling startled the pegasus and griffon, reminding them of what their conversation made the forget a while ago.

"We're coming, too!" Sunshine Rays and Falcon Dive shouted un unison, rushing out the Castle doors.

"Alright, every creature ready?" Trixie asked.

"Don't tell me that you're taking Luster's role as leader of the Heroic Ten!" Sunshine Rays responded.

"I'm here, every creature!" Luster called, rushing out of the castle.

"Oh great, whoever gave the command was the last to fulfil the command?" Falcon Dive asked, causing Luster to give out a nervous laugh

"Sorry...I never thought that my parents would do what they did back there..." Luster answered.

"That doesn't matter, let's just get on a balloon and to our destination!" Evergreen announced.

"Speaking of balloon, where is the balloon that were going to take?" Buffer asked, making every creature notice that there was indeed, no a single hot-air balloon around the Castle of Friendship.

"Probably in Ponyville's Hot-Air Balloon Stop." Trixie answered.

"What?! I thought the balloon is prepared and placed right outside the castle!" Alkali could not help but say out loud.

"Calm down, very creature..." Evergeen reminded.

"Come on, look on the bright side! Ponyville is just a hundred meters away! Just walk that little distance and we'll get a not-exhausting ride to the Stone Mountain of Nothingness!" Yellow Bright cheerfully chirped.


The next moment had they arrived at where the Hot-Air Balloon in Ponyville was supposed to be resting on, the eleven creatures discovered some unpleasant news that was surely not on the newspaper, and would probably never be.

"The Hot-Air Balloon's been used?" Luster asked the Earth Pony in charge of the balloon.

"Indeed, they said that they'll be back from their roadmap in a few days." the pony answered.

"A few days?!" Nature Bloom repealed in her usual Fluttershy-like voice.

"We cannot wait that long!" Buffer exclaimed.

"We'll just have to use a Hot-Air balloon from somewhere else." Volcano declared.

"Cloudsdale has lots of them to help non-flyers working or visiting up there!" Sunshine Rays reminded, "I'll fly up there and get one down!"

"Just remember to find one that can fit eleven creatures!" Trixie called to Sunshine Rays, after the pegasus took off high into the skies.

"Got it!" Sunshine Rays called back.


After some time flew by, Sunshine Rays returned with some bad news, "Sorry every creature, every hot-air balloon up there is been used, leaving zero for us."

"What?!" Krona asked in disbelief.

"All used?" Buffer repeated.

"Are you sure?!" Volcano asked.

Sunshine Rays nodded, "Every last one of them."

"But, why?" Nature Bloom asked.

"The Pegasi in charge of the balloons said that the balloons are used by the guests to get around." Sunshine Rays answered.

"Don't you mean 'visitors?' As in, 'The Pegasi in charge of the balloons said that the balloons are used by the visitors to get around.'?" Volcano corrected.

"Guests, visitors, what's the difference?" Falcon Dive asked.

"Guests are invited to visit places, while visitors visit places regardless of being invited or not." Volcano explained.

"Can't believe that there's so many creatures using hot-air balloons today!" Evergreen commented.

"The whole kingdom should think about making more hot-air balloons in this rate!" Yellow Bright remarked.

"Or even a cruise that isn't for staying and sleeping in during vacation, but a cruise that can go to every town to pick creatures up!" Alkali added.

"Alkali? The Stone Mountain of Nothingness is not a town nor a village. There's no way that cruise you talked about would go there." Volcano reminded.

"Actually, I forgot to say that the cruise could have just taken creatures to different places in Equestria like a train! In the sky! So they wouldn't have to use the hot-air balloons so much!" Alkali corrected.

"Alkali, I believe what you are meant to say is a zeppelin. Like the one Priness Twilight Sparkle's family was on before she became Ruler of Equestria, and not to mention that cruise director Iron Will..." Volcano was about to begin saying some extra unneeded information, but was prevented by Sunshine Rays.

"We know that, Volcano! And we don't need that information now!" the white pegasus informed.

"So, we need to get to the Stone Mountain of Nothingness, but have no way to get there?" Luster asked.

"Well, we can try to row a boat across the South Luna Ocean..." Alkali suggested.

"Row a boat across an ocean?!" Krona asked in a scared tone.

"Cheer up, every creature! We can always sing row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream..." Yellow Bright began singing when he finished his first sentence and first four words after.

"Steam?! An ocean is super different from a stream!" Falcon Dive pointed out.

"And I think some creatures might get seasick." Buffer added.

"Maybe we'll just have to wait until we get a hot-air balloon..." Luster sighed sadly, "Unless we can teleport ourselves there in a snap."

"Wait a second, Luster, you gave Trixie an idea..." Trixie said in third-creature.


At Fluttershy's sanctuary, Fluttershy's draconneques husband Discord was busy looking after his wife's animals as he served them dinner.

"Dinner is served, every animal! Nuts, seeds, leaves for squirrels, mice, bunnies, and well, probably, most of you. And eggs and milk for the dogs, cats, and vultures."

As the animals ate, Discord noticed that he had visitors.

"Oh, hello ten newest heroes of Equestria, what brings you here?" Discord asked.

"Ten?! Can't you see with your Draconneques eyes that there isn't jus ten creatures here?! It's eleven!" Trixie asked in a loud and somewhat unpleasant manner.

"I was referring to the ten newest heroes, Mrs Trixie..." Discord responded, wearing a professor's glasses as he did.

"Actually, Mrs isn't the right..." Volcano began, but was cut off by Trixie.

"Don't call me that, Discord! You may and should still refer me as Trixie!"

"Can you two please stop this argument?!" Nature Bloom shouted, curing every creature to be shocked.

"Wow, I never seen you shout like that before." Evergreen commented.

"Did you mean heard? Because you cannot see some creature shout, you can only hear some creature shout." Alkali corrected.

"It looks like some creature's growing up and stepping up." Luster smiled.

"I know I usually believe that it's best for those who lead to stop arguments like this, but got to say, that's something alright. I mean, we do need some creature to stop that argument." Sunshine Rays commented.

"Now, is every creature good?" Nature Bloom asked in a gentle tone.

"Things alright on Trixie's side." Trixie reported.

"Recovering on Discord's side." Discord added.

"Great, glad that's over." Falcon Dive remarked.

"So, what brings you eleven creatures to my dear Fluttershy's sanctuary?" Discord asked.

"Haven't you noticed something odd with the sunset?" Buffer asked.

"The sun is supposed to have completely set ages ago!" Yellow Bright said the main point.

"What he actually meant is he sun should have set some time ago." Volcano clarified.

"That's Princess Twilight Sparkle's duty. She said that even though she and the council are away at that mountain of stone or whatever...she will still be in charge of raising the sun and the moon." Discord responded.

"Yes, but the point is, she didn't set the sun completely to let the moon up, which is not like her!" Krona notified.

"We think something bad might have happened to her, and even...the whole Council of Friendship!" Nature Bloom continued.

Discord's expressions and emotions completely changed when he heard of the possibility that the Council of Friendship was in trouble.

"Fluttershy could be in trouble?!" the draconneques asked.

"Yes...that's what we think because there's no word from them, added to the fact that Princess Twilight left the sun half set..." Sunshine Rays said, just before with a snap of his claws, Discord teleported all twelve creatures to the top of the Stone Mountain of Nothingness.


To the visitor's shock, they saw a camp made of stone, a chariot made of stone, and royal guard stone statues.

"A camp made of stone?" Krona asked.

"More like a camp turned to stone." Falcon Dive corrected.

"How did this happen?" Luster asked.

"Do you think it's cockatrice?" Buffer asked.

"It cannot be, because cockatrice can only turn living creatures and animals who look into their stares." Nature Bloom explained.

"And tents and chariots are obviously not living animals nor creatures..." Evergreen pointed out.

"Bricks aren't living creatures, neither." Volcano contributed.

"Bricks?" Alkali asked.

"Look down the mountain!" Volcano announced, pointing at an edge.

"Why look when we can just be there?" Discord asked, with a snap of his claws, he teleported the twelve creatures to their destination.

Once they arrived, all of them, with the exception of Volcano, how was paying attention to the bricks, looked shock at what they saw in front of their eyes, with Discord being the most terrified.

"Looks like the Council of Friendship were beginning to build something themselves, out of bricks." Volcano said, looking at the bricks structure.

"Volcano, why aren't you looking at what we're looking?" Yellow Bright asked.

"Because I wasn't looking in the same direction as you all were when Discord teleported us down here." Volcano answered.

"Now would be a good, or not so good, time to look!" Alkali said in a scared tone, causing Volcano to turn his head to see what they were all looking at: Stone statues of the Council of Friendship!

"Fluttershy!" Discord cried, rushing over to his petrified wife, "What terrible creature could have done this to you?!"

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING TERRIBLE CREATURE?!" a loud, angry-sounding voice roared, startling the twelve visitors.

"Every creature, I think we're not welcomed visitors here..." Luster whimpered.


To Be Continued...