• Published 7th May 2020
  • 1,355 Views, 20 Comments

TwiGlimmer Stories! - Moonlight Twinkle



Short stories about one of my favorite ships! TwiGlimmer/TwiStar for life!

  • ...
4
 20
 1,355

Luna Love

Princess Luna opened her wings and stepped out onto one of the many balconies on Canterlot Castle. "Where are you going?" said a voice behind her.

"To Ponyville," Luna answered Celestia.

"Why?"

That was a good question. "Something is wrong, Tia," Luna answered slowly. "With Twilight."

"Huh," Celestia said. "Well, good luck." She winked.

Luna blushed. "Yeah."


Luna landed near Town Hall in Ponyville. She looked around for Twilight, ignoring everything else. Twilight needed her. She reached out with her senses, following the streams of Twilight's magic. She took to the sky, heading to a hilltop where Twilight's presence was strongest. She didn't hold back, flying as fast as she was able. She landed on top of it. Twilight's magic streamed from the next hilltop. Twilight, Luna thought. Please be safe.

Luna landed next to Twilight on the hill. Surprisingly, Twilight didn't even notice her. Her eyes were closed, and her cutie mark was glowing. A stream of magenta magic sent a beam into the sky. Her magic was twisting with—Starlight Glimmer's! At that moment, Luna's heart started to crack. She sat down beside the still Twilight. Love magic. Such a fickle thing. But this sort of magical disturbance was something Luna had seen before. She called it the Intertwining. When two loved each other enough, a piece of the other would enter the being. Once this was over, Twilight would be part of Starlight and—and Starlight would be part of Twilight.

Luna let a tear fall from her eye. It dripped onto Twilight's glowing cutie mark. Luna hadn't known she felt this way about Twilight before now.

Get yourself together, Luna, she told herself. Tia will tease you about this for centuries. But she couldn't. Twilight had found someone else.

Just then, Twilight's eyes snapped open. "Starlight?" was the first thing that came out of her mouth. Luna noticed quietly the hint of blue in Twilight's eyes.

Starlight shook her mane around, trying to clear her head. "Twilight? Are you okay?"

"Yeah," Twilight said. Luna just sat quietly, hoping that somepony would notice her. "Luna?" Twilight said. "What are you doing here?"

Luna blushed softly. "Checking on you," she said. "I sensed the magical disturbance."

A glint of possessiveness entered Starlight's eyes. She pulled Twilight into a passionate kiss. Twilight returned it with just as much fervor. Luna sighed. She couldn't take this any longer. "Well, it seems like you're all right," Luna said. "I'll just be going." Luna spread her wings, about to give a powerful flap to take her far away from all of this.

"Wait!" Twilight said. "The girls and I are going to have a slumber party at my castle. Would you like to join us?"

Starlight gave Twilight a look. Twilight smiled sheepishly. "Sure," Luna said. She was going to sleep in Twilight's castle! Not that she was excited about sleeping in Twilight's house, of course. But the castle was made of crystal. Yes. That was why she was excited. "You guys can watch me raise the moon," Luna elaborated.

Twilight smiled. "We'll be so excited to see you there."

"Thanks," Luna said and took off towards Canterlot with a huge grin on her face.


Back in Canterlot, Luna and Celestia stood together on one of the balconies, one that faced the sun. Celestia had finished setting the sun a while ago, and Luna was a few minutes late on raising the moon. "You don't usually shirk your duties, sister," Celestia said.

"It...was a hard evening," Luna answered.

"Tell me, Luna. Maybe I can help."

Luna sighed. She might as well. "I have a crush on Twilight Sparkle," Luna said, waiting for the giggles to come from her sister.

But Celestia just blinked. "I know," she said.

"Is it that obvious?"

"That obvious and more," Celestia answered. "But tell me why this evening was hard."

"Twilight went through the Intertwining," Luna said.

"Oh, congratulations, sister!"

"With another mare."

"Oh," Celestia said quietly. "Whom?"

"Starlight Glimmer," Luna said.

"That one? Really?"

"Yes. And she kissed Twilight!"

"She didn't!"

"Yes she did!" Luna sighed dejectedly. Her love had found another. There was nothing more to it. Her life was over.

"Well, you're not giving up, this quickly, are you?" Celestia asked as if the notion was crazy. "You love her! And you know the Intertwining can be undone."

"But it's nearly impossible!"

"Not completely," Celestia said, a determined glint in her eye. "I'll get you with Twilight if it's the last thing I do!"

"But how?" Luna asked.

"Are you going to spend any time with her anytime soon?"

"Well, she invited me to a sleepover," Luna said.

Now came the giggles. But Celestia suppressed them after they started. "Well, you've just got to go for it! Don't mind Starlight Glimmer. Right now, all that matters to you is Twilight. And once she gets a taste of your love, she won't ever want to stop. Trust me, sister. I've got you covered. In fact, I think we know a certain princess full of love magic."


In the Crystal Empire, Princess Cadence was keeping an eye on the rambunctious Flurry Heart. It...wasn't easy. A letter appeared out of the air. It was from Princess Celestia.

Cadence took Flurry Heart out to Sunburst's house. She knocked quickly. The frazzled scholar peeked out his door. "Oh, hello, Princess," Sunburst said. "What do you need?"

"As Flurry Heart's Crystaller, I need you to babysit her for a little bit. Not too long, but long enough for me to figure out some logistics."

"Of course, Princess," Sunburst said.

Cadence laughed. "I keep telling you, just Cadence is fine."

"Yes, Princess," Sunburst replied. "I've got you covered."

In the Crystal Empire's expansive library, Cadence took out the scroll from Princess Celestia to study it more closely. It read:

Dear Princess Cadence,
Princess Luna's crush has found another, and she's desolate. I am writing to you in hopes that you might help her by getting her crush to like her. You do have very strong love magic.

This mare lives in Ponyville, so you might have to go there. She is deeply in love with a mare called Starlight Glimmer, and they have gone through the Intertwining. However, I believe your magic is stronger than that.
-Princess Celestia.

Princess Cadence smiled. This would be easy, and it had been a while since she was able to have fun with her love magic. She was just about to put the scroll away when she saw another bit of writing at the bottom.

P.S. The mare Luna is in love with is Princess Twilight Sparkle.