• Published 30th Apr 2020
  • 1,161 Views, 20 Comments

A Guards Tale - Sentinel Shield



Sentinel Shield is a Royal Guard. However, he is not the best at his Job. Some even wonder why he was chosen to escort Celestia's prize student to ease her nerves of Nightmare Moon returning. Little did everypony know, this would change everything.

  • ...
3
 20
 1,161

The Ticket Master

It was a bright and sunny day over Sweet Apple Acres, the perfect day for some hard work. Applejack, Twilight, Spike and Sentinel were indeed doing some hard work. Not only had they just gone and picked almost every Golden Delicious they could find, but now they were also carrying them all back in one trip! But, luckily it looked like they'd be back by lunch.

"I've got to say, thank you both for helping me! I bet Big Macintosh if I could get all these Golden Delicious to the barn by lunchtime, then he'd walk down Stirrup Street in one of Granny's girdles" Applejack said, chuckling at the idea.

"Not a problem!" Sentinel said from the back of the group. "I'm always up for a little hard work on a nice day, besides I-" He was cut off by an apple hitting him on the snout. "Spike!" He said, annoyed.

Spike let out a nervous chuckle. "Sorry Sentinel" Spike apologized before he went back to sorting through the apples.

"I'm just glad the goal is lunch time, all this hard work can really give you an appetite!" Twilight spoke, as her Stomach rumbled.

"I know right!" Spike added on.

"Spike, you've been sitting on Twilight's back while we've all been working all morning" Sentinel was quick to point out to the small dragon.

"I know! You've all been taking so long I missed snack time!" Spike innocently replied.

Sentinel's stomach rumbled, and he sighed. "You have a point Spike, I'm sure we could all use something to eat" He said, as Spike continued sorting through apples.

"A-ha!" Spike proclaimed, holding up one big and shiny apple.

Twilight licked her lips as she looked at it. "Oh Spike, that looks-" She was cut off as Spike ate the entire apple in one large chomp. "Spike!"

"What?" Spike replied, before he burped out some green fire. The smoke from the fire changed itself into a letter, as Spike fell off Twilight from the force of his burp.

"It's a letter from Princess Celestia" Twilight said, as it floated down. The three ponies gathered around it as Spike grabbed it and began to read.

Spike cleared his throat and began to read. "Hear ye, hear ye. Her Grand Royal Highness, Princess Celestia of Equestria, is pleased to announce the Grand Galloping Gala to be held in the magnificent capital city of Canterlot, on the 21st day of.." Spike then quickly skipped over the fluff. "Cordially extends an invitation to Twilight Sparkle plus one guest" He finished.

The two mares gasped. "The Grand Galloping Gala!" Twilight and Applejack said in unison.

"Wow, I've never been to the Gala before. You're a lucky mare Twilight" Sentinel added, as Spike burped up two tickets.

"I've never been to the gala!" Twilight said, as Spike showed her the two tickets. "Sentinel, you're a Royal Guard. What's the Gala like?" She asked.

"Well..." Sentinel let out a nervous chuckle. "I've never actually been, I was always put on guard duty in the garden. All I ever heard was the music.."

"Wait, really?" Twilight asked.

"Hey, I told you I'm not the best guard. But at least I'm now the "Guardian of the Elements" now" He joked.

"Did you just make that up?" Twilight asked.

"Maybe" Sentinel quickly replied. "But I wouldn't mind going..." Sentinel said, as his imagination trailed off. "Just imagine, I enter the gala. My Royal Guard Armor shining like the stars...I'd walk past all the nobles and other guards and they'd bow in a show of respect! I'd-" He stopped himself. "Sorry about that, I sort of drifted off into fantasyland...What I am saying is that it would be nice..." Sentinel ended his words with a nervous laugh.

"Nice?" Applejack responded. "It's a heap good more than just nice. I'd love to go. Land sakes..." Applejack began trailing off the same way Sentinel had. "If I had an apple stand set up, ponies would be chowin' our tasty vittles 'til the cows come home. Do you have any idea how much business I could drum up for Sweet Apple Acres? Why, with all that money, we could do a heap of fixin' up 'round here. We could replace that saggy old roof, and Big McIntosh could replace that saggy old plow, and Granny Smith could replace that saggy old hip!" Applejack seemingly finished her train of thought, her eyes shining. "Why, I'd give my left hind leg to go to that gala" She exclaimed.

"Oh!" Twilight trotted up to Applejack "In that case, do you want to-"

"WOAH!" A voice cried as Rainbow Dash slammed down onto Applejack and Twilight, causing them to fall to the ground as Rainbow sat atop of them. "Are we talking about the Grand Galloping Gala?" She asked.

"Rainbow!" Sentinel spoke out, as he trotted towards the pony-pile. "You could have hurt someone!"

"He's right sugar cube" Applejack spoke up from underneath Rainbow. "Wait a darn minute, didn't you tell me you were too busy to help me harvest apples?" Applejack spoke as she got up from under Dash, a visibly angry expression. "What were you busy doing? Spyin'?"

"No!" Rainbow quickly replied. "I was busy napping!" She gestured up and everypony looked, seeing a pillow and blanket. "And I just happened to hear you had an extra ticket?" Rainbow questioned Twilight.

"Yeah but-" Twilight was cut off by Rainbow Dash.

"YES!" Rainbow Dash proclaimed. "This is so awesome! The Wonderbolts perform at the Grand Galloping Gala every year! I can see it now..." Rainbow began trailing off, much like Applejack and Sentinel had. "Everyone would be watching the sky. Their eyes riveted on the Wonderbolts, but then in would fly Rainbow Dash! I would draw their attention with my Super Speed Strut! Then, I would mesmerize 'em with my Fantastic Filly Flash. And for my grand finale, the Buccaneer Blaze! The ponies would go wild!" Rainbow Dash mimicked a cheering crowd. "The Wonderbolts would insist that my signature moves be incorporated into their routine, and then welcome me as their newest member!" She finished off cheerfully. "Don't you see, Twilight? This could be my one chance to show 'em my stuff. You gotta take me!" Rainbow asked, flying right into Twilight and hoovering only inches from the unicorn's face.

Applejack then tugged Rainbow back by the tail. "Hold on just one pony pickin' minute here" Applejack spat out Rainbow's tail. "I asked for that ticket first!" She informed Rainbow.

"So? That doesn't mean you own it!" Rainbow said in a matter-of-fact voice.

"Oh yeah?" Applejack challenged, as the two mares got in each-others faces. "Well I challenge you to a hoof-wrestle. Winner gets the ticket!"

The two then zoomed over to a stump and began hoof-wrestling, it lasted for a good 2 seconds before Twilight and Sentinel separated the two. "Girls, these are my tickets!" Twilight reminded them, as she let Sentinel handle keeping them from fighting. "I'll decide who gets them, thank you very much!" With those words, Rainbow and Applejack settled down and Sentinel relaxed. "Whoever has the best reason should go, don't you think?"

"Drummin' up business for the farm?" Applejack dashed forward and said.

"A chance to audition for the Wonderbolts?" Rainbow also dashed forward.

"Money t' fix Granny's hip!" Applejack again dashed forward and stated.

"Living the dream!" Rainbow Dash followed behind.

"Ladies! Please!" Sentinel said, using magic to pull both of them back. "Twilight just got the tickets! Maybe don't bother her right away?" He spoke, causing both to let out a nervous chuckle.

Just then, Twilight's stomach rumbled. "Listen to that, I am starving. I don't know about you, but I can't make important decisions on an empty stomach, so I'll, uh, think about it over lunch and get back to you two, okay?" She quickly said. as Spike jumped on her back. Rainbow and Applejack both let out a groan, but an apple bonking both of them on the back of the head courtesy of Sentinel got them in a more agreeable mood. After they both agreed, Sentinel followed Twilight as they made their way from the Farm back to Ponyville.

"So..Who are you gonna give the ticket to, Twilight?" Spike asked as he sat on Twilight's back.

"I don't know Spike, but I really can't think straight when I'm hungry" Twilight replied, as she continued to walk "so where should we eat?" She asked, as suddenly Pinkie Pie jumped out of nowhere and slammed into her. The tickets Spike had been holding landed on Pinkie's face.

"AH! BATS! BATS! ON MY FACE!" Pinkie Pie screamed. "HELP! Wait, these aren't..tickets to the Grand Galloping Gala!?" Pinkie Pie shouted out. "It's the most amazing incredibly tremendous super-fun wonderful terrifically humongous party in all of Equestria! I've always always always wanted to go!" Pinkie said, as she began to sing.

🎵Oh the Grand Galloping Gala is the best place for me🎵
🎵Oh the Grand Galloping Gala is the best place for me🎵
🎵Hip hip🎵
🎵Hooray!🎵
🎵It's the best place for me🎵
🎵For Pinkie...🎵

"With decorations like streamers and fairy-lights and pinwheels and piñatas and pin-cushions. With goodies like sugar cubes and sugar canes and sundaes and sun-beams and sarsaparilla. And I get to play my favorite-est of favorite fantabulous games like Pin the Tail on the Pony!" Pinkie Pie continued, as Sentinel helped Twilight up and grabbed the tickets. He'd hold onto them for now.

🎵Oh the Grand Galloping Gala is the best place for me🎵
🎵Oh the Grand Galloping Gala is the best place for me🎵
🎵'Cause it's the most galarrific superly-terrific gala ever🎵
🎵In the whole galaxy🎵
🎵Wheee!!🎵

Pinkie finished singing as she bounced around Twilight. "Oh thank you, Twilight, it's the most wonderful-est gift ever!" Pinkie Pie said, stopping in front of Twilight.

"Um, actually—" Twilight began before a gasping voice cut her off.

"Are these what I think they are?" Rarity asked, as she stood behind Sentinel eyeing the two golden tickets he held.

"Uh..." Sentinel responded, quickly moving to face Rarity while hiding the tickets behind his back.

"Yes, yes, yes! Twilight's taking me to the Grand Galloping Gala in Canterlot!" Pinkie Proclaimed.

"The gala? I design ensembles for the gala every year, but I've never had the opportunity to attend. Oh, the society, the culture, the glamour! It's where I truly belong, and where I'm destined to meet him!" Rarity said, a sparkle in her eyes.

"Him...who?" Pinkie asked.

"Him..." Rarity said, as she trailed off. " I would stroll through the gala, and everyone would wonder, "Who is that mysterious mare?" They would never guess that I was just a simple pony from little old Ponyville. Why, I would cause such a sensation that I would be invited for an audience with Princess Celestia herself, and the princess would be so taken with the style and elegance that she would introduce me to him, her nephew: the most handsome, eligible unicorn stallion in Canterlot. Our eyes would meet, our hearts would melt. Our courtship would be magnificent. He would ask for my hoof in marriage, and of course I would say, "Yes!" We would have a royal wedding, befitting a princess, which is what I would become upon marrying him, the stallion of my dreams..." Rarity finished her fantasy, dreamily. "Twilight! I simply cannot believe you-" Rarity was cut off by stifled laughter.

"Prince Blueblood?" Sentinel questioned, clearly holding back laughter. "The Stallion of your dreams is Prince Blueblood?"

"Why yes he is Sentinel...But, why are you acting like that?" Rarity questioned, as Sentinel did his best to not go into a laughing fit.

"Oh it's nothing....Just remembered a funny joke I heard.." He lied, in reality he was laughing at how she thought Prince Blueblood would act. "Just....just continue.."

"Right.." Rarity cleared her throat, turning back to Twilight. "Twilight, I simply cannot believe you would invite Pinkie Pie so she can...party, and prevent me from meeting my true love. How could you? Hmph!" Rarity turned away with huff.

Meanwhile, in his distracted state. A small bunny jumped and grabbed the tickets out of his magical hold, "Hey!" Sentinel shouted as it ran towards Fluttershy, climbing on her head the bunny showed the yellow pegasus the tickets.

Fluttershy let out a gasp. "Angel, these are perfect!" Fluttershy spoke.

"Uh, listen guys, I haven't decided who to give the extra ticket to" Twilight finally spoke up.

"You haven't? Rarity and Pinkie both asked.

"Um, excuse me, Twilight" Fluttershy spoke up shyly. "I would just like to ask, I mean, if it would be all right, if you haven't given it to someone else..."

"You? You want to go to the gala?" Rarity asked.

"Oh, no.." Fluttershy said, as her pet Angel patted her foreleg with his leg. "I mean, yes, or, actually, kind of. You see..." Fluttershy began, as Sentinel took the tickets back. "It's not so much the Grand Galloping Gala as it is the wondrous private gated garden that surrounds the dance. The flowers are said to be the most beautiful and fragrant in all of Equestria. For the night of the gala, and that night alone, would they all be in bloom... and that's just the flora! Don't get me started on the fauna. There's loons and toucans and bitterns, oh my! Hummingbirds that can really hum, and buzzards that can really buzz. White-blue jays, and red jays, and green jays, pink jays and pink flamingos!" Fluttershy finished, as she hugged Angel.

"Gee, Fluttershy, it sounds... beautiful...?" Twilight said, as she wasn't sure what to think of it.

"Wait just a minute" Rainbow Dash said, as she stood atop a nearby building.

"Rainbow Dash!" Twilight said, as Rainbow jumped down and landed in front of her. "Were you following me?"

"No. I mean, yes. I mean, maybe. Look, it doesn't matter. I couldn't risk a goody-four-shoes like you giving that ticket away to just anybody" Rainbow answered.

"Wait just another minute!" Applejack said, as she walked into the conversation.

"Applejack, were you following me too?" Twilight asked.

"No. I was followin' this one to make sure she didn't try any funny business. Still trying to take mah ticket!" Applejack said, pointing at Rainbow Dash.

"Your ticket?" Rainbow questioned.

"But Twilight's taking me!" Pinkie chimed in.

Soon everypony was arguing, surrounding Twilight as they bickered with each other. Sentinel still held onto the tickets, as he tried to calm everypony down. But his efforts were useless as no one would listen, luckily Twilight would finally shout out.

"QUIET!" Twilight shouted, causing everypony to shut up.

"And then I said, "Oatmeal, are you craz—" oh" Pinkie finally went quiet.

"Girls, there's no use in arguing" Twilight told them all.

"But Twilight-" Rarity began before Twilight cut her off.

"This is my decision, and I'm gonna make it on my own, and I certainly can't think straight with all this noise..." Twilight said, as her stomach rumbled. "Not to mention hunger. Now go on, shoo" Twilight dismissed them, watching as they walked away grumbling. "And don't worry, I'll figure this out...somehow..." She then looked at Sentinel. "Sentinel"

"At your command!" He said with a salute.

"Keep those tickets safe, don't give them to anypony!" Twilight told him.

"Understood!" As he said that, his stomach rumbled. "Now, I remember hearing something a while ago about food?"

The trio of Spike, Sentinel and Twilight continued walking. Finally finding somewhere to eat, they took a seat and began reading over the menu. However, not all was fine as Twilight was still stressing about the tickets. "Oh, what am I gonna do? All five of my best friends have really good reasons to go to the gala. Applejack, or Rainbow Dash? Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy, Rarity... Oh, who should go with me?" She asked her two companions.

"Have you made your decision?" A pony trotted up and asked.

"I CAN'T DECIDE!" Twilight shouted.

"Uh Twilight" Sentinel spoke up. "It's just the waiter"

"Oh" Twilight realized. "I would love a daffodil and daisy sandwich" She placed her order.

"I'll have what she's having" Sentinel said.

"Do you have any rubies?" Spike asked, getting no response. "No? Okay, I'll have the hay fries, extra crispy"

The waiter walked off, and Twilight looked at Sentinel. "What do you think, Sentinel?"

"Well, this is a hard one.." He said, putting a hoof to his chin as he thought. "Well...I guess....huh..." Sentinel was really stumped by this. "Y'know Twilight, I actually have no idea" Sentinel said, as the waiter came back and placed the food down. "Finally! I'm starving!" Sentinel said, as he went to take a bite. However, as he did so a bunch of ponies ran past them.

"Um...are you going to eat your food in ze rain?" The waiter asked them, standing in the doorway to the restaurant.

"It's not raining" Twilight said, before they heard a thunderclap. She, Sentinel and Spike looked around to see it raining all around them, however it was perfectly sunny in a small radius of them.

"What the?" Sentinel said, as he quickly looked around for an answer.

"Hi there, best friend forever I've ever ever had. Enjoying the sunny weather?" A voice called out, causing Sentinel, Spike and Twilight to look up. They saw Rainbow looking out a hole in the clouds.

"Rainbow Dash, what are you doing?" Twilight asked.

"Whaddya mean? I just saw the smartest, most generous pony about to get rained on, so I thought I'd kick a hole in the clouds to keep her dry so she could dine in peace, that's all!" Rainbow explained.

"Rainbow..." Sentinel began. "Are you trying to sway Twilight into giving you the tickets?" He asked.

"Me?" Rainbow said, shocked. "Of course not! I'd do it for anypony!"

Sentinel looked around at the other ponies who were not so lucky and were running through the rain to find cover. "Really? Anypony?"

"Rainbow, I am not comfortable accepting unwanted favors, so I'd appreciate it if you close up that rain cloud right now" Twilight said sternly.

"Twilight I don't think that's a good idea" Sentinel said, as he heard a zipping sound and the sunlight vanished.

"Better!" Twilight said, as she went to take a bit of her sandwich only for rain to come down hard. Soaking both her and her sandwich.

"I wasn't hungry anyway..." Sentinel said, as he pushed his soggy food away.

"Twilight, it's raining" Rarity said, as she stood off to the side.

"No, really?" Twilight replied.

"Come with me before you catch a cold" Rarity said as she pulled Twilight off, Sentinel followed with Spike on his back and soon found themselves inside Carousel Boutique.

Twilight quickly shook like a dog, getting all the water off her. However she also soaked Rarity as she did it. "Hehe...oops, sorry" Twilight quickly said.

"Oh no, it's quite alright" Rarity assured her. "After all, we are..." Rarity quickly stood next to Twilight. "The best of friends, are we not? And you know what the best of friends do?" She asked

"Uh..." Twilight was trying to guess.

"Makeovers!" Rarity shouted, as she pulled some cover over. Sentinel and Spike could then hear loud noises as Rarity did...something to Twilight. When it was done, Rarity pulled the cover away. "There. Oh, you're simply darling!" Rarity said, as Twilight stood in a rather fancy dress.

"Uh, yeah, it is kinda pretty, isn't it?" Twilight said, looking at the dress.

Spike pointed a finger at his mouth, showing he was rather disinterested in the dress. "And you. Oh Spike, I have a dandy little outfit for the dashing gent" Rarity said, pulling the cover over to Spike. Sentinel could hear the same sounds as Rarity pulled back the cover, revealing Spike in a little blue outfit. "Now you just need a hat!" Rarity said, placing a large hat on him.

Sentinel was trying to hold back laughter, as Spike ran off. However, he was not spared as Rarity came up to him. "And how could I forget the lovely Royal Guard! I know just what to give you!"

"Oh no! Not me!" Sentinel said, trying to run. However, it was too late as Rarity pulled the cover over him. He fought best he could against her, but her strength in fashion was just too great! Soon, he found himself in a golden-white tux.

"You look marvelous darling!" Rarity said. "But you know what will look more fabulous?" She turned to Twilight. "You at the Gala!"

"Wait, the Gala?" Twilight asked somewhat angrily.

"And oh, my goodness, what a coincidence. I happen to have an ensemble of my own that matches yours to a T. We would be the belles of the ball, you and I. Everyone would be clamoring for our attention. All eyes would be on us, and then everyone would finally know, the most beautiful, most talented, most sophisticated pony in all of Equestria is Rarity the unicorn!" Rarity said enthusiastically. "Ah, and Twilight Sparkle, of course!" Rarity said nervously.

"I see what's going on. You're just buttering me up so I give you the extra ticket. Well it's not gonna work" Twilight said, as she pulled off the dress and threw it at Rarity. "You're going to have to wait for my decision just like everyone else. Now if you'll excuse me, I've been trying all day just to get some lunch!" She shouted, as she went to walk out the door.

"Did somepony say lunch?" Applejack said, pulling Twilight out the door and revealing a cart full of food.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Twilight said, looking at the cart.

" I got apple pie, apple fritters, apple tarts, apple dumplings, apple crisps, apple crum-'' Applejack listed, until her lips were magically closed.

"That's enough!" Sentinel said, as he walked out of the Boutique no longer in the tux. "You're not bribing your way to the ticket! Come on Twilight, let's get out of here!" Sentinel said, as they walked off.

"IS THAT A MAYBE?!" Applejack yelled at them as they left.

Sentinel and Twilight quickly rushed back to Golden Oaks. "Ugh, I never thought being showered with favors would be so aggravating!" Twilight said to Sentinel.

"Ditto, I-" Sentinel was about to speak, before he was cut off by the singing of Fluttershy. She was currently cleaning Golden Oaks.

"Oh Fluttershy, not you too!" Twilight said.

"Oh, well, hello Twilight. I hope you don't mind, but we're all doing a little spring cleaning for you!" Fluttershy spoke.

"It's summer..." Sentinel said.

"Oh, well, better late than never, right? It was Angel's idea" Fluttershy replied.

"You're not doing this for the ticket, are you?" Twilight asked.

" Oh no, I'm doing this because you're my very best friend. Right, Angel?" Fluttershy asked her bunny, only to get a disapproving look. "Oh, yes, we are just doing this for the ticket"

Angel offered Twilight a salad, but Twilight yelled so loud it pushed him away. "No, no, no! Well, this was all very nice of you and Angel, but I'm not accepting any extra favors until I've made my final decision, so I'm going to have to ask you to leave" She said, standing at the open front door. However, she was met by cheers of ponies and party horns. She was then pulled out and began being thrown up in the air as Pinkie sang.

🎵Twilight is my bestest friend🎵
🎵Whoopie, whoopie!🎵

"Pinkie..." Twilight said as she was thrown up, landed and thrown back up.

🎵She's the cutest, smartest, all around best pony, pony!🎵

"Pinkie.." Twilight repeated, slightly more annoyed.

🎵I bet if I throw a super-duper fun party, party!🎵

"PINKIE!" Twilight not shouted.

🎵She'll give her extra ticket to the Gala to me!🎵

"PIINKIIE!" Twilight shouted again, causing the ponies not to catch her, having her land on the dirt.

"Yes, Twilight?" Pinkie asked, fluttering her eyes.

"At least the other ponies tried to be subtle about the ticket" Twilight said as she stood up.

"Wait, what ticket? What gala?" A mare asked.

"Oh, you didn't know? Twilight has an extra ticket to the Grand Galloping Gala!" Pinkie Pie said.

"THE GRAND GALLOPING GALA?!" All the ponies around said in unison. Suddenly, Twilight found herself bombarded with compliments and offers. From painting her cart, to gardening to free stuff, everypony was relentless in trying to pressure Twilight into giving up the tickets. She was about to run for it, before a loud-magic crack filled the sky closely followed by a voice.

"ENOUGH!" It was Sentinel, his horn still glowing from causing the sound. "Look at yourselves, can you not see how selfish you all are?! You are trying to bribe Twilight into giving you her extra ticket to the Grand Galloping Gala under the title of a "friend" and how dare you call yourself her friend if you would do this!" He walked through the crowd, trotted next to Twilight. "Come on Twilight, let's go inside!" Sentinel then walked with Twilight inside, however before he closed the door he said one more thing. "You should all be ashamed of yourselves!" He then slammed the door shut.

"Wow Sentinel.." Twilight said in shock of his outburst. "Thank you"

"No problem Twilight, that was getting on my nerves" He said before looking up, only to be met by Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Applejack.

Twilight quickly looked at them, and let out a groan of frustration before she spoke. "I can't decide, I just can't decide! It's important to all of you and I just can't stand to disappoint any of you, and giving me gifts and doing me favors won't make any difference, because you're all my friends and I wanna make you all happy and I can't, I just can't!"

"Twilight, sugar, I didn't mean to put so much pressure on you, and if it helps, I don't want the ticket anymore. You can give it to somepony else. I won't feel bad, I promise." Applejack was first to say, as she walked over.

"Me too. I feel just awful that I made you feel so awful" Fluttershy joined in.

"And me too. It's no fun upsetting your friends" Pinkie agreed.

"Twilight, it was unfair of me to try to force you as I did" Rarity said.

"Yes! That means the ticket is mine. Ha ha!" Rainbow Dash began to sing. "I got the ticket, I got the ticket. I got the-"

Sentinel used magic to pull Rainbow towards him, looking her dead in the eyes with a fiery rage but saying nothing.

"You know, I haven't perfected my signature moves for the Wonderbolts anyway. I don't need that ticket either" She said nervously, as Sentinel let her go.

"We all got so gun-ho about going to the gala that we couldn't see how un-gun-ho we were making you" Applejack said.

"We're sorry, Twilight." Everypony said in unison.

Twilight smiled. "Y'know, I think I made up my mind.." Twilight turned to Sentinel. "Sentinel.."

Sentinels' ears perked up. "What is it?" He asked, as Twilight took only one of the tickets he was holding onto.

"Since you have been the only one not to bother me about it, would you like to go to the Gala?" She asked with a smile.

"Me! The Gala!" His eyes widened, thinking of his dream of sitting with the other great ponies of Equestria along with Celestia. However, he snapped himself out of it and shook his head. "Sorry but, I'm going to have to say no"

"NO?!" The mane six said in unison, all in shock.

"But why?!" Rainbow asked.

"Because, look at what it caused you all to do. It turned you all into selfish ponies who only cared about themselves, if you want to give them to me then just send them back. Because I want no part of it!" Sentinel proclaimed.

Twilight was silent for a moment, then she spoke. "Spike, take down a note. Dear Princess Celestia
I've learned that one of the joys of friendship is sharing your blessings, but when there's not enough blessings to go around, having more than your friends can make you feel pretty awful. So, though I appreciate the invitation, I will be returning both tickets to the Grand Galloping Gala" She said, as she handed Spike the tickets.

"Are you sure?" Spike asked.

"Yep! Send the letter!" Twilight replied, as Spike sent it off.

"Now you won't get to go to the gala either" Fluttershy said.

"It's okay, girls. I couldn't possibly enjoy myself without my best friends there with me..." Twilight said, as her friend's group hugged her. "So I'd rather not go at all.."

As they hugged, Spike began gagging.

"Really Spike?" Sentinel spoke. "Can you be mature for a sec-" He was cut off as Spike burped up a letter.

Spike caught it and opened it. "My faithful student Twilight, Why didn't you just say so in the first place?" Sentinel then held up- "Seven tickets to the Grand Galloping Gala!" He cheered, as everypony else did as well.

"Now we can all go!" Twilight said, as her stomach rumbled.

"Allow us to treat you to dinner!" Rarity said, as they began going out the door. Each pony collected a ticket as they did so, all except Spike who was left behind without one.

"How come I didn't get a ticket?" He asked himself sadly, then he burped again and opened another letter. "And one for you, Spike" He read aloud, as he grabbed the 8th ticket sent for him. He ran out the door giggling, stopping in front of Applejack. "I mean, gross, I have to go too?" He pretended to not be happy about it, as he walked by Applejack. However, he couldn't hold it forever and sped off once again giggling.