• Published 23rd Apr 2020
  • 4,454 Views, 55 Comments

The Ending of The End- A Different End - Twilight Star



What if the two royal sisters had not allowed Discord to choose the Legion of Doom's punishment? What would be the fate of the trio? Would they still be punished for what they did or would they have a different path?

  • ...
10
 55
 4,454

There is another way! [Edited]

It was over. Discord’s powers that were in the trio were taken away. The three villains were lying on the floor, knocked out. The Mane Six, Starlight, Discord and the Two Royal Sisters approached of Chrysalis, Cozy and Tirek. Celestia and Luna didn’t know what to do with the three of villains. Them managed to cause hatred among the species, but at least later, the species came together to defeat the trio.

“What are we going to do with them, Sister?” asked Luna as she looked at Celestia with a confused look.

Celestia looked at Luna. “I don’t know, Luna. They caused the separation and hatred of the different species.”

Discord had an idea of ​​what the two alicorns could do with this trio of villains. Smiling, he went to the two princesses.

“Princess Celestia! Princess Luna!” he said.

Celestia and Luna looked back and saw Discord approaching them. They were confused.

“What is it, Discord?” asked Celestia.

“I have an idea of ​​what you two could do with them,” said Discord. “I can help you do that.”

“But what is your idea, Discord?” asked Luna.

When he got very close, he whispered his idea to the princesses. “How about we petrify the trio?”

“No, Discord. We are not going to do that.” Celestia denied, not happy.

Discord was confused. “But why not? It is the perfect punishment after what they did to Equestria.”

Luna approached Discord, not happy. “Don’t you remember that this was all your fault?”

“But I didn’t mean it! I just wanted to help Twilight get ready for her new role!” explained Discord why he did this.

“Your intention may even want to help, Discord,” said Celestia. “But if you wanted to help Twilight get ready for her new role, don’t you think it would be better if you were there for her, just like her friends during that moment?”

“But how would she know that she was ready to rule Equestria without having a threat to prove her ability as a leader?” asked Discord.

“Today, we realized that she was really ready to rule Equestria, with no threat to prove it,” said Celestia. “I know you wanted to help Twilight, but what you did, caused hate between the races.”

“But in the end everything went well! All species came together to defeat the trio!” said Discord desperately.

“But even so, we will not allow you to choose their punishment,” said Celestia. “Who deserves to choose the punishment is Twilight, since it is she who will start to rule Equestria.”

Twilight Sparkle was surprised by Celestia’s last sentence. Her ears went down but she was putting a hoof on her chest. “M-me? Really, Celestia?”

Celestia and Luna approached Twilight Sparkle with smiles. Discord stayed where he was, still surprised by the sentence. “Yes, Twilight. Since you’re going to start governing Equestria, we thought that you are the one who deserves to choose their punishment.”

“So, Twilight? What punishment would you like to give the trio?” asked Luna with a smile.

Twilight Sparkle started to think. She looked at the trio, still on the floor, knocked out. But that didn’t seem right. She knew that the trio did Equestria great harm, such as causing hatred between species. But she didn’t want to punish the three villains. She wanted to believe that there was another way, other than punishment. Who knows if she…

She looked at the two princesses. “Celestia, Luna. I already decided.”

“Good, Twilight. What would you like to do with them?” asked Celestia.

“I’m not going to give them any punishment,” replied Twilight Sparkle.

Celestia and Luna gaped at Twilight’s response.

“But Twilight, why don’t you want to punish them?” asked Celestia as she was surprised.

“Because I think they deserve a second chance,” replied Twilight Sparkle. “I want to try to reform them.”

Luna couldn’t believe what she heard. “Twilight, don’t you remember the harm they did to Equestria?”

“I do remember, Luna,” replied Twilight Sparkle. “But I am the princess of friendship, and soon, the ruler of Equestria, and I want to show my subjects that everypony deserves a second chance, even the villains.”

Celestia and Luna seemed unsure about that. They looked at each other before looking back at Twilight.

“I don’t know, Twilight. Think. Chrysalis had already rejected Starlight’s offer of friendship,” said Luna. “Don’t you think it’s too risky?”

“I know it can be risky, Luna,” said Twilight Sparkle. “But maybe, all they need is the magic of friendship in their lives.”

“Do you think you can do that?” asked Celestia.

“Of course, Celestia,” said Twilight Sparkle with a determined look. “I am the princess of friendship and the future ruler of Equestria. I want to show everypony that I am a benevolent ruler.”

Celestia and Luna looked at each other before looking back at Twilight.

“Twilight, can Luna and I talk about this?” asked Celestia.

Twilight Sparkle was surprised, but soon smiled. “Sure, Celestia.”

Celestia and Luna started walking.

“So, Luna? What do we do? Should we let Twilight try to reform the trio?” asked Celestia.

“I don’t know, Sister. They can try to trick Twilight,” said Luna as she was concerned for her best friend.

“I also think.” Celestia agreed as she looked to the side and her ears were down. “I really want to let Twilight try. But I worry that the trio of villains try to trick her or try to hurt her.”

“The problem is that we’re going to retire,” said Luna, “and we’re not going to be able to keep an eye on the three villains.”

Celestia agreed with Luna. It was a pity that she and Luna were going to retire now. But she soon had an idea. Who knows if they let Twilight reform the villains as if that were a final task before Twilight really started to rule Equestria? If Twilight managed to reform the trio, it would mean that Twilight was really ready to rule Equestria. She looked at Luna with a smile, her ears were raised.

“Luna, I have an idea.” began Celestia.

Luna was curious. “What’s your idea?”

“How about if we let Twilight reform the trio as a final task for Twilight?” suggested Celestia. “If she managed to reform the trio, it would mean that she was ready to rule Equestria.”

Luna even liked the idea. But she wanted to be sure of something. “So does that mean we will continue to rule Equestria until Twilight manages to reform The Legion of Doom?”

“Yes, Luna. And when Twilight manages to reform the trio, we will crown Twilight the new ruler of Equestria,” replied Celestia with a smile. “And then? Shall we tell Twilight our answer?”

“Yes, Celestia,” replied Luna.

Twilight saw Celestia and Luna approach her with smiles on their faces. She approached the two princesses.

“So, princesses? I can?” asked Twilight Sparkle with a hopeful smile.

“Luna and I talked, and we decided that we will let you try to reform The Legion of Doom,” replied Celestia. “This is going to be a final test to see if you’re really ready to rule Equestria.”

“So does that mean that the two of you will still continue to rule Equestria?” asked Twilight Sparkle to make sure she lifted a hoof slightly.

“Yes, Twilight. And when you have finished reforming them, let us know that we would prepare for your coronation as ruler of Equestria,” replied Celestia. Suddenly, Celestia and Luna felt themselves being hugged.

“Thank you, princesses. I promise I won’t disappoint you two,” said Twilight Sparkle with a smile.

Celestia and Luna returned the hug with smiles on their faces. When they left the embrace, Celestia and Luna approached the trio.

The trio opened their eyes at the sound of footsteps. They looked up and saw Celestia and Luna. They were nervous about what could happen to them next.

When the two princesses came very close to the trio, Celestia said, “Chrysalis, Tirek and Cozy Glow. The three of you may have caused Equestria great harm, but instead of you three of you being punished, you will be staying with Twilight and her friends in Ponyville to learn the magic of friendship.”

The trio had different reactions. Cozy looked relieved, since she wouldn’t be punished. Tirek blew out a breath. And Chrysalis was angry, she would have wanted a thousand times more to be punished than having to stay with Twilight and her filthy friends in Ponyville and learn about friendship.