• Published 15th May 2020
  • 913 Views, 62 Comments

The Heart of a Derpy Ditzy - Derpybrony890



Derpy never had someone who loved her. So she always assumed she would be alone. However, a strange stallion enters her life, and everything seemed to change. Will Derpy ever find her happiness, or is her assumption correct?

  • ...
2
 62
 913

The New Hangout

“It amazes me how much you know about the stars,” Time Turner asked me. It has been an entire month and we still were able to see each other.

He had a few other friends but didn’t mention them much to me, and when he did it was a usual “oh he is just a nerd like me” or “we hit it off really well is all”. Nonetheless, I was happy. He had made a few friends and still managed to keep up with me! If that isn’t special then I don’t know what is. Even though he has a few other friends, we still agreed that every day after school we would meet at my observatory and just hang out as the name implies. My parents didn’t care and my sister just brushed him off like anyone else that isn’t like her. He seemed more open about my life and asked many questions as he did just now, and I was more open to answering them.

“Yeah, ever since birth I have always had a special connection to them.”

“Wow, what I would give to have a connection to the stars,”

I stared at him blankly. “You know you don’t have to have a connection to like something, you can just still like it without a strong bond.” He mumbled something that I couldn’t understand and had on a sour face. I took notice of this and began to worry.

While I may have been open about my life, he wasn’t. I realized how much he asked about my life and how little I asked about his. Maybe now would be a good time to start.

“So… what connection do you have?” He looked as if he didn’t understand the question, and I realized how I must’ve sounded.

“I mean, what do you like in your life?” I asked, sounding more clear.

“Well, I do have one… and another,” he replied. I noticed that he sounded embarrassed when he finished.

“And they are?”

“Well, the first one is with time.”

“Time?”

“Yeah! Don’t you know what my cutie mark is?” I glanced at his cutie mark and saw the hourglass. It was obvious after.

“Oh, well what connection do you have about that?” I asked

“Well, time itself has always been in my blood, ever since I looked at a clock it was like it just… clicked. And it also is the reason I got my cutie mark. If only they would have appreciated me after that.” he mumbled angrily

“What was that?” I asked, breaking his tension.

“Hmm? Oh, nothing! I said nothing after ‘my cutie mark’ and that is where I ended it.” He said quickly. I noticed him sweating after that but decided to drop it. He obviously didn’t want to tell me something and I didn’t want to pressure him.

“Well, then what is your second?” I asked in wonder.

After my words, he seemed to sweat some more but for a different reason, I could just see it in his face. He wanted to tell me, I know that much. But yet his mouth stayed closed.

“Um well, I… do not think you would want to hear it.”

“I do,” I said in a calm voice. He stared at me with those pristine sky-blue eyes that made me blush lightly. Thank goodness he couldn’t see it because that would have been embarrassing.

“Well… I didn’t have many ponies with whom I had a great connection. Except for… you,” he looked at me and I blushed harder this time. Never before had anypony ever had a connection with me, even my family! I blushed at the kindness he gave and he blushed at me too. We had been getting like this for a while now. Just staring at each other with blushes all around. It made me wonder if he did like me. Again I say, don't get any ideas. This time, I didn’t listen to my conscience. I instead just remained where I was until I realized what was going on.

“Um… it’s getting pretty late, you should head home,” I said looking to my window and saw the first star coming.

He came up to the window close to me and also saw that the stars were rising, but he looked at me and it seemed like he didn’t want to go home, with a smile that made me not want him to go home.

I looked at him and he stared at the stars. They twinkled in his blue eyes and I started to breathe heavily and did my best to stop, but he looked at me with a little spark in his eyes that I couldn’t handle anymore.

“Or we could, you know… hang out and talk a little more,” I said, changing his mind.

“No, you're right, it is getting late and your sister might need you to polish her hooves soon,” Time said, winking at me, I laughed at that. This was the other reason I liked to be his friend, he also thought Daydream was a big huge princess. And we shared laughs every time one of us talked about her.

“Well then, I guess I'll see you tomorrow,” I said with bright cheer. I had been doing that ever since we agreed to meet here, too. Oh well, it was just nice to finally smile for once.

Time Turner was just exiting the observatory when he came back and called for me, “Oh and Ditzy, do you think I might be able to bring something that we could use here?” he asked.

“Oh of course! I always got tired of these boring walls and wanted to get something to bring out the greatness of this place. What did you have in mind,”

He blushed and looked at me which made me get a bit worried about what he was going to want, I have known him for a month and he doesn’t seem like one of those colts, but still. He is nineteen. And sometimes urges do happen to come along-and why am I thinking about this!

“Let’s just say that it’s something that is very cuddly, and you may want to snuggle in it a bit… Well, goodnight!”

And he was gone before I could say anything, I stared at the window and watched him go just as the sun was setting completely. Thank goodness that my blush wasn't seen. What did he mean by ‘snuggle in it’? Is it a pillow? Why did he blush when he said that? What is the meaning of this? Why am I overreacting!? I took a deep breath and calmed down. I'm sure whatever it is it won't be that bad, right?

-*-

“A hammock?” I said confused as to what I was seeing.

“Yep!” He said just as he was laying the crested bed that I knew was weird.

“This is the thing you thought was ‘cuddly’?” I asked.

He replied with a smile that at the time, seemed unassuming. It was still on my mind about why he had wanted to bring something the day before. And it also led to some unforgettable thoughts that will not be mentioned at this time. But still! It was... unusual, to say the least.

“If that’s what you want it to be, then yes, yes it is.” He answered without hesitation. Almost as if he was expecting me to ask about it exactly like that!

“Oh,” I really didn’t know what to say after that, if he wants what I think, I have to say no! I thought. Yet, is he really like that?

I scowled at myself for thinking this. If he was like that, then he wouldn’t be friends with me. It made me mad.

“Well, why exactly did you bring this? what will it be used for?” I asked, lifting my hoof to exaggerate my question.

“Oh you know, naps, relaxation, sleeping in at nights when I don't have anywhere else to go. Anyway, this will make sure that we have a pure way to calm down after a long and hard day.”

I just stared. This was not like him at all. Usually, if there was something spontaneous that happened, he would be curious and overreact (another reason why we are good friends). I wondered if he had a twin that switched places and this was the one that was completely laid back and acted nonchalantly.

“Ok, forgive me for my rant but… WHAT THE HAY IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!” He jumped back at my comment as my face turned dour.

“Are you sick? Do you have a problem with me? Or are you just looking for a way to get in my-“

“NO!!!!! Of course, I’m not sick, and you are not the problem, and finally… if you think that, then you clearly missed my conception.”

I was mad, not by what he did say, but by what he wouldn’t say. So I did the only thing I could think of. Say something before I thought about it. In other words. Do something completely stupid.

“Well, maybe I would read you better if you actually told me who you are instead of being a complete stranger who I should be reporting on!!” I shouted, I didn’t want to make it sound mean, I just really felt like it was time to let some cats come out of the bag.

After my small tantrum, he and I calmed down and stayed in awkward silence. He got up and I thought he was going to leave. After what I said I almost expected it, but instead, he came closer to me and I once again felt his warmth embracing me to a smile.

“Sorry, I don’t usually shout like that, and if I haven’t been completely honest you should have told me. Why didn’t you?”

I stayed quiet for a long time, I really had a lot of questions but didn’t know if I could trust him to be honest. Yet when those eyes were on me, my heart told me right.

“Because, you just seemed like somepony who might be keeping secrets for the better, and if that was the case then I don't want you to tell me. I just wanted to know the real you.” I was going to say more, I should have said more, I knew his name wasn't real or that he hadn’t had a good life, wherever he came from, but to say that I knew might make him nervous and run away, and right now… he is all I need.

“Well I could tell you what you want to know, but only that. It would be better if you asked right now than later,” he said quietly, this was something I had noticed since the day I met Time, he always was sad when I wanted to know something of his. Hopefully, this won't lead to any tears, I can't handle to see him cry.

I was about to ask but reality soon came to my face as my sister called my name. And I knew then that this was probably the most relieved he had been.

“Oh, well... I guess I should go, my sister wouldn’t want me to be late. Those hooves won't polish themselves,” I said trying to make him laugh but he wouldn’t even smile.

He went to the door and we exited the observatory, once again in complete silence.

“Are you coming tomorrow?” it may not be bad to ask this.

Time Turner looked at me with a sad smile, and that was when I knew. Knew that I had messed up once again.

“I wouldn’t count on it. Goodbye,” he said as quickly as he ran off. Not even staying before I could cry about it. I didn’t even hear my sister yell for me as I went to my room and bawled my eyes out. Missing dinner. And no pony came to me.

Not my mother, not my dad, especially not Daydream. But I didn't want them at all. I only wanted Turner, he comforted me in a way that no one had before, saying things constantly until I calmed down and smiled again. He strokes my mane to keep me from hyperventilating from my tears and tells me I am special and worth living. Yet here I have no one. It made me realize how much I needed Time-Turner and how I just threw him away, and as my thoughts were coming to my head, I realized why. he didn’t want to tell me because he doesn't think I'll understand! He just thinks I am a stupid mare and he’s right! No wonder he left, the whole time I was in a dream, he was just bored in his mind. I really am alone, and I should be. I don't deserve Time, he’s just too special to be with a bubble-brain like me. Tears blurred my eyes as his face left my mind. This was the second-longest time I had with a friend since… no, can't think about her, that would just send me to tears all night.

I tried to find another thing to think about so, extremely late in the evening, I went to my window to look at the stars, and what I found shocked me the most. A little silhouette reaching to get inside my observatory.