• Published 15th May 2020
  • 910 Views, 62 Comments

The Heart of a Derpy Ditzy - Derpybrony890



Derpy never had someone who loved her. So she always assumed she would be alone. However, a strange stallion enters her life, and everything seemed to change. Will Derpy ever find her happiness, or is her assumption correct?

  • ...
2
 62
 910

A Night To Remember

I groggily got out of my bed and got ready for school, I knew I had to tell Doctor Whooves about my punishment as soon as I could see him. I hated that my parents forgot about my best friend that I have been seeing for almost 4 months! Either way, I don’t have any say in the matter and I need to tell him as fast as possible.

I went down the stairs and my sister was eating her breakfast and staring angrily at me. I just ignored her and began to eat the muffins that were out, I noticed that my mother made them, and it made me smile.

Daydream didn’t say anything to me, she just finished her fruit and went by, I could see that she still wasn’t happy about the punishment my mom gave her, but I still believed that it was fair (to her not to me). Anyway, after brushing my hair and getting my saddlebag I was ready to go. Daydream led the way to my school.

It was silent, and I liked it. But of course, daydream had to say something, she can't go a day without saying at least one thing about her horrific day.

“You may be smarter than meets the eye, but you had no right to tell mom all of those lies,”

I stared shocked, “What do you mean lies! It's true! You made me carry all of those bags and wanted to embarrass me in front of my friend. Which, by the way, you couldn’t remember because you only have an IQ of about 4!

“Well, I only did it because you needed to know what it's like to be a shopping mare,”

“A what!”

We were starting to get frantic and attracting a crowd as we walked, so I decided to go faster, leaving her behind me, but of course…

“If you go any further you’ll be disrespecting mom’s rules!” Daydream screamed at me, causing me to slow down enough for Daydream to catch up and be ahead again. I sighed, there really is no pleasing her is there

The sight of my school had never made me happier than right now. I waited until we were at the doors and I dashed away from Daydream like I was running from a timber wolf. Everypony in sight was doing the usual things they do on Mondays. I slowed down and began my start of homeroom. Hoping and praying that I would see Whooves soon.

Finally, I was able to catch him in the class we had together, but I grew nervous. He had on a smile to me and I wanted to blush, but I kept it inside for now. Don’t, right now all you need to do is tell him.

“Hi Muffins,” his nickname made me smile very wide, making me forget my purpose and blush madly, he remembered!

“Hi,” I wanted to say more, and I was about to, but he stopped me before I could.

“Before you speak, I have some exciting news,” he said with an enlarged smile. I grew curious and tilted my head, I know I have a limited time here, but still…

“Ok, but after your exciting news I have to tell you something too,” I said with less enthusiasm.

“I just got invited to go to Cumulous’ house for a Nightmare Night party! And he said I could bring a guest along,”

My face stayed frozen, I didn’t hate parties, but mostly I avoid them for various reasons. All being that one way or another, I end up embarrassing anyone who dares goes near me.

“So… you want me to go with you?” I asked, blushing at the thought of being at a party with him.

“If you haven’t already been invited, then yes, I would,”

“Ha, like I would be invited to a party,” I said sadly. That was another reason I never went to parties, I was never asked.

“Oh, don’t say that I'm sure you’ve at least thrown a birthday or some other occasion, right?”

I shook my head, it wasn’t sad for me, but I could see the morn in his face, and it saddened me. I knew that if I went, then Daydream would have to come along and I couldn’t be able to see him the whole night, so it would be better to not go.

But… still…

“Ok, but I will warn that Daydream will have to come along,”

“Why? She doesn’t come to this school,”

“Because I'm being punished for something stupid that she mentioned, and now if I am anywhere near a stallion or colt, she’ll come by and stop me because Celestia forbids, I do something crazy like go out into outer space and travel to many planets and dimensions inside a magic box with him!”

“Wow, that was specific,”

I began to grow sad, it wasn’t fair that this would be the last time I may be able to see Whooves without a chaperone.

“Well I’m sure that she won't be there around you all night, she has to go to the bathroom once in a while doesn’t she?” he said, I could hear the hope in his voice. Cow Dung, he certainly has a way with his words.

I smiled and laughed quietly, this was when the teacher did roll call and we began the countless reading and answering of our textbooks.

-*-

The bell to go home soon rang and I slowly walked out of the school. I wasn’t really happy about seeing Daydream, I knew she would probably say no since I was just punished. Yet I knew I should ask just in that small chance she may say yes. I doubted high, however.

“Well finally you came, I was waiting for, like, ever!” Daydream complained as I rolled my eyes.

“How long have you been waiting here?” I asked, even though she can be dramatic, I was curious.

“Like 10 minutes before the bell rang, and now my hooves hurt from sitting here, maybe you should tell your principal to change that rule,” Daydream said almost as if I was part of the school board and could say anything I want.

“I'll see,” I answered and started our way home. We were quiet for a while before I remembered that I am supposed to tell Daydream about the party.

“Hey, Daydream, there’s this Nightmare Night party and, since you have to be watching me, I was curious as to if you could ask mom and dad to go, within the exception that you are in proximity towards my views.”

Daydream stared at me with confusion on her face, I realized that she may not have understood me, as usual. So I tried to simplify my sentence. “I mean, I want to go to a party, but I need you to come with me in order to go. So will you?”

Daydream didn’t speak for quite a while, her brain was working hard, as I could see. Her brows were furrowed in a complete thought, I had never seen her work this much with her brain. I never saw her work her brain after she dropped out of college. But this was new.

“Ok,” Daydream said, “This is what I will do, I will try and convince mom and dad to let us go, but when we do I will watch you the whole night, but you will stay far away from me. That way I will see you but you won't see me.”

I was surprised about how much of a plan she made. Usually, she never even considered trying to help out. I was proud and confused. Daydream doesn’t do many things for me, but this was new as much as her thinking. And it made me happy that she thought a little bit of me.

“Ok, that’s the plan,” I said with a smile as we soon were entering my neighborhood, I knew everything was settled, but something wasn’t right, I felt like I should have said something else, but what?

“Thank you,” I said enough for her to hear, Daydream turned her head and had on a dazed face. I never really thanked her for anything, mostly because she didn’t deserve a thank you from me. But many a thank you’s were passed from my parents.

“Your welcome,” she said, I felt something in her words, I know Daydream loves me, mainly because she has to, but somewhere in her voice I could hear the love escape, it wasn’t a big gesture, but it was something.

We entered my home and I was about to do my usual chores when I realized Daydream was doing them already, I had remembered that the punishment of hers was to do the chores for as long as she watched me, but I never thought she would own up to it!

She must have noticed that I was watching her because she looked at me, and I went on my way to my room. I usually do the chores by now, but if Daydream does them, then I have some free time. But what to do? Soon I decided to think for a few minutes. I wonder if this will become a new thing with Daydream and me, maybe she is finally seeing that what she is doing is wrong, and we can finally get along, I hope she can convince mom and dad to go to the party. Why do I want to go anyway? I never did before, so why now? Maybe it's because I just don’t want to be in the shadows anymore? No, I like being in the background and not getting much attention. Or perhaps it’s these feelings I have for Doctor Whooves. It does seem like it is the best conclusion. That or I just want to spend as much time with him as I can. Nightmare Night is close, just about a week away. So maybe it is just because I want to see him as much as possible, or maybe…

My thoughts were interrupted by a pony who was standing by my observatory. He entered in and I gasped, What is he doing here!? Doesn’t he know that I am being punished for seeing any stallion ever? Or did I not tell him that part? Maybe he lost something? Or needs me to tell him something? He should know that I was talking about not seeing him whatsoever during the month I am punished. So why is he here? He is probably the smartest colt I have ever met. Unless…

I opened the window and flew down to where Doctor was before the greetings began, I spoke first. “What are you doing here? I thought I told you I was punished from seeing any colt from here on until the end of the month.” I said quietly, then I realized we were outside and in view of Daydream. “Quick, go in here,” I said gesturing to go inside the observatory.

“Well, I did figure out that you were being punished from seeing me until said punishment was over (a whole month, really?), but then I realized that you never got a direct date on what day the party was,” Doctor Whooves said, I was a bit confused about why he was giving me such useless information. I had figured out what day it was, but still, a party can be any day that is before or after, not the night of. So I let him continue.

“Ok, so what is the date, may I ask?” I said with a smile. Pleasing Whooves to a smile.

“It is the night of Nightmare Night,” he answered directly. I still smiled but was a tad bit stumped on what he was trying to do, but I still was playing the strange game that he was putting out.

“Oh thank you so much, it's not like I would ever figure that out, a Nightmare Night party, such confusion on what day it is,” I said in a teasing manner, Whooves laughed at his defeat.

“Alright, why are you really here?” I answered after the laughter was omitted.

“You caught me, I really just wanted to come here, to know about the ‘project’,” Whooves answered.

“Oh,” I said a bit frazzled, I knew that he was the one who committed to agreeing with the project, but I thought that he would understand everything. “Well, what do you need to know?”

“I just want to make sure that you want to do this by yourself, I don’t want you to pressurize yourself because you don’t think you can do this. So, if you need help, I will be there for you,”

I just stared in awe, completely astonished at his question. Why would he think I need help, is he worried about my strength? I'll only have to carry a few things, maybe some slightly heavy things in the attic, but those aren’t that heavy. Unless he doesn’t want me to be hurt because he won't be there to protect me from all the dangers. Hearing this, I smiled a sweet smile, “Come here,” I said as I let my hooves out and ran up to him. I felt his hooves reflect my movement and we were in a loving embrace. His fur felt so soft that I almost didn’t ever want to let go. Almost. I knew that this was probably going to be the last hug we ever had until my punishment was over. So I made the most of it. My muzzle felt warm and I could feel my heart beating fast. Our hug lasted longer than I intended, but I didn’t care. Any chance to hug him was a chance to take.

Soon, however, it stopped, when I felt a part of my mane rise. I quickly threw myself off of him and he stared frozen and blushing, I did the same. We took a while to answer for we were both in so much shock. But I finally ended the silence.

“did you just – “

“NO!” Whooves answered all too loudly. I didn’t have time to ask before he went his way to the exit. He said goodbye and went on his way, running to Celestia knows where. I realized I was still blushing madly. I didn’t really know how to take what he did. Did he smell my mane on purpose? Or did he just take a deep breath and I freaked out? Then why did he freak out as well? Unless he… no, I can't think like that, I won't be able to see him soon anyway, and he knows that. so maybe he just did it to say goodbye. Yeah, that’s it.

Leaving the observatory, I entered my room and closed the door, not really paying much attention after that.

-*-

Nightmare Night had fallen upon us and I was ready to go to the party, Knowing that it was Nightmare Night, costumes were recommended, so here I am, dressed up as a favorite character from a series of fiction I have read nearly 3 times, for the first time since I was as small as a daisy, hoping that it wasn't going to be the worst one out there. Daydream, in all my surprise, actually did convince my mother and father to let us go, as long as she watched me and I wouldn't get into any more trouble. Daydream, feeling a need to wear some kind of tight black costume (because what else was she going to wear? It's not like she has dresses that could be as fashionable as the one she is wearing right now!), stayed near the door and paced around, she was always anticipating going to any party, she must look the best for any circumstance. That included social gatherings, even though she may be the oldest pony in the entire house!

“Are you ready yet?” my sister said in exasperation

“Yep, do you remember where to go?” I asked. I knew Cumulus’s houses’ path, but Daydream doesn’t know where and who any of the ponies in my school are.

“Of course I do! What do you think, I'm, like, an idiot?” I wanted to reprimand something so badly right then and there, but my speech froze and I stayed put, and soon we left for the party.

The entire time it was silent. That is until we heard the loud music coming from the distance. We were about a mile away and already I could feel my insides pulsing from the bass. Once we were in the view of the house, it was mad! Even though it was early in the evening, ponies were already drunk enough to pass out, and many were on the roof, cheering and hooting around for a jug-athon.

I began to grow very nervous, so nervous I felt sick! I looked for Daydream as we neared the entrance but then I found her being hoarded by many of the stallions that were entranced by her ‘charms’. So I was alone, for now.

I took one hoof into the house and felt as if all of the feelings in my hooves had gone out, I knew I would mess up, it should be impossible for me to even be here! My breathing was growing heavy and I felt like everypony was staring at me!

“I can't do this,” I said as I turned back, but not before I heard a voice in the distance.

“You aren’t leaving this early are you?”

“Why would it matter, I would just embarrass anyone who dares to walk near me, and I would trip and make a fool of myself anyway.”

“Haven't you seen the others? At least half of them have tripped already and the others were laughing at them,”

With them! There is a difference between laughing with and at. One would be that when you laugh with, you never mock them, and the person who is laughed at is laughing, too. When you laugh at, you don’t care about what they are doing, you just think they are stupid and can't tell what you are laughing at.”

“Wow, you really know about the differences don’t you,”

“Believe me, you usually get used to it after a few 50 or so times. Nopony ever laughed with me before,” I said with a frown, the host went up to me and I realized that it wasn’t true, not at all.

“Not until now,” I said hugging my friend, as he did the same.

“Oh come on now Muffins, what pony wouldn’t laugh at the cute and funny antics that you tell me, and I mean that as a compliment by the way,”

“I know, you always knew how to tease me the right way,”

We broke the hug and I went once again at the entrance, this time with fewer nerves than before. “I like this ensemble your wearing, nice wear of the yellow scarf, certainly got the coat right, and I must say that hair is definitely representative of the character, you outdid yourself,"

I laughed at his compliment "I thank you wholeheartedly, and to what do I owe the expense of pure excitement withing mine own view of perception?"

"Even sounding like her? Yep, you're a fan alright. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do much here, just a coat and a pocket watch that will need to be returned, who am I? well, you could say I am a time traveler."

"How does a coat and a pocket watch explain how you are a time traveler?" I asked.

"Well, the coat explains that I go to certain areas (given that it is early Ponyvillian attire) and the watch is to check on what time it is that I was able to travel too."

"Huh... that actually makes sense, and I do think it fits you well,"

We smiled and stayed silent a while afterward, which usually is the start of when I knew things were turning. It always turns when it becomes awkward with me, so I was really hoping that another conversation would arise.

"Where’s Daydream, I thought she had to watch you all night?”

“She does but I think she is a bit busy,” I said with a wink and pointing to where Daydream was still being courted by tons of stallions who wanted her attention, and a few mares who were asking if she wanted to hang out and be best friends!

“Wow, that is… disturbing to say the least. Do they even know how old she really is?” Whooves asked as he shuddered.

“Probably, they just think she is the very best because she is older, but if they knew how she dropped out of college and is not looking anywhere for a job and is still staying with her parents and annoying the crap out of her little sister, then they would think otherwise,”

We both laughed and stayed put, my stomach growled and I went over to where the food was held, nothing but sweets and fatty foods were on the tray, I kind of knew this would be, but was sad because I wanted some muffins. I picked up a treat and was about to bite into it, but Doctor slapped it out of my hoof and I grazed a confused look.

“Do not eat those if you want to remain sane,”

“Why? What is wrong with them?”

“That mare over there, she ate half of a cupcake,” Doctor Whooves pointed to a mare who was dressed as some kind of lab-coated alien hunter, constantly laughing maniacally. And pointing at nothing, while shouting and screaming about "radical incantations" and "Totally cool ceilings". I hadn’t realized that not only the Cider was spiked (as I could easily tell by so many ponies wanting to grab more, but the food was somehow inedible without going on a leap to crazy town! I was really starting to become concerned that this party was going to be overthrown by the authorities if given the chance, and started thinking of going home at this point, but Whooves invited me here and I wanted to stay as long as I could before I couldn’t see him for the month.

We stayed quiet for a long while, the loud song was fading and the cheers for more were all around me. The DJ went to a microphone near the microphone and began to speak loudly, so loud that I wanted to cover my ears,

“Is everypony having a good time!” many cheers were shouted as the DJ continued on, “All right, we have a wonderful selection, but now it is time to take it down a notch,”

Soon a slower song was heard and many ponies went to the sidelines but a few went together and danced the song away. I looked at Whooves and began to blush, it would be nice to dance one song with him, but I knew I could never ask him, all we were doing was standing there and doing nothing. I jumped whenever Whooves actually said something.

“So…are we just going to stand here and have a boring night to forget, or are we going to do something and remember this night for the entire month?”

“Ok then, what do you suggest?”

“What kind of music do you listen to?” I was a bit confused by what he was asking, but I thought about it and wondered if he was going to do something about this.

“Well I don’t really care much for the newest stuff, I'm more of an oldies kind of gal, like 80’s equestrian, why?”

“That’s a good answer, what kind of 80’s culture?”

I was still confused, but at least this was better than not talking, “Oh you know, some of the rock and roll, and a lot of the classics. Oh! I do have a favorite dance,”

“Okay then, which is it?” Whooves said smiling very much.

“Well it is a bit embarrassing, but it’s the one thing that I love to dance around all silly like,”

“Well that’s okay, we all like to dance a little crazy right?”

“Not when you can dance the entire song on your own... and know both parts by heart,”

“Just tell me what it is already!” Whooves groaned as I sighed in utter defeat.

“Its… “Hour of My Time” from Dirty Clopping, the one dance that I have always wanted to dance at a party,”

“Alrighty then! It’s settled!” Whooves said as he headed over to the DJ, I was about to ask what he was doing but he dragged me by the hoof to follow him. I blushed and smiled, it was nice that he was wanting to make a few memories, but this was going a bit extreme, I think he pulled a muscle from my hoof to my shoulder!

We arrived near the DJ and I saw Whooves whisper something in his ear, and a twinge of jealousy was coming to me, it was small, yet I grew angry. Not at the jealousy, but at the fact that I was getting jealous over nothing!

Finally, he went over to me with a big huge smile, as I saw the DJ take out a file, with all of the greatest 80’s hits, from Maredonna, Michael Jack, and to even Princess! I finally saw the record that she displayed, and I gasped as I looked back at Doctor Whooves.

“You didn’t,”

“You better believe I did!”

“But I can't dance in front of everypony!” I said as if they were all watching me already.

“Sure you can, you told me yourself that you knew every part of the dance, and you said you wanted to dance this at a party once in your life.”

“Yes, but that is just like a new years resolution, you say that you are going to do something, but you never commit to it,”

“Well then, that’s why I am here,” Whooves said, picking me up as I felt him move around to where we needed to be for the dance.
"Aren't you the least bit worried that one way or another I will embarrass us," I asked, knowing that if there was even a chance to stop it would need to be now.

"Actually, if anypony will be embarrassed, it should be me. I've never even seen the dance, so you are going to have to lead here," Whooves said laughing a little, and I smiled. Hoping that, for no offense towards him, he was right.

The song started and I felt my heart beating harder than the beat of the song, but yet, when I stared at his eyes, something moved in me, and I could remember the exact dance. And so, I smiled and did the exact dance that I had loved. From ear to tail, I could feel the adrenaline in my body as I moved in rhythmic tones of the song. I actually felt that I could do anything, except when I remembered… the lift.

I knew it could be easy, I actually was able to do it by myself, thanks to my wings, but that wasn’t the hard part, the hard part was trying to see clearly where I will go. Every time I run, I always trip. No matter how many times I try, I can never do it. without stumbling a lot. So you can see how I felt when I looked at Whooves with worry.

“Doctor, I know I said that I can do the entire dance, but there is a problem with the lift. I can't do it!” I said in a panic.

“Don’t worry, you can, I believe you can,” Whooves said with a reassuring smile. A smile that made me confident enough to do this, but that doubt was still strongly in there.

“No I can't, I'm sorry. The other times were by myself, now the others are watching, they know I can't, and you know it too, everypony here thinks I can’t and their right, ok,” I said in full remorse, I knew that I disappointed him, he showed a face like it.

“Then why not you prove them wrong,” the Doctor whispered in my ear, causing my entire face to grow flush, and confidence had flown into me, and I smiled at him. We parted ways, and the confidence was draining from me as I went further. So I decided to go all-in, I ran as straight as I could, and soon, I felt like I could do this…

Then I noticed the stares, it was like slow motion went to my eyes, and I saw so many ponies that were whispering about me and looking at me with grimacing faces, and just like that, my hooves were numb, I stumbled and tumbled down onto the floor. And then I could feel a large force that stopped my sliding, and I noticed that the music had also stopped, but it made me pass out nonetheless. It took a while to get conscious again (more like 30 seconds I was told), but soon, I could hear the laughter, and my eyes were beginning to spin, but enough to see the hooves as well. And soon the tears were escaping from me.

I thought it would just be like this, but soon I could hear a faint voice yelling at the others, I didn’t get much from what the host was saying, but I could tell that it was Whooves. And I felt a hoof come to my face. Though it was strange. It didn’t feel like the familiar soft and warm hooves that I knew. No this one felt hard and… cold. I was then raised up by an angry hoof and some magic involved.

Daydream stared daggers at me, I knew she was mad, but I didn’t look at her, my eyes were crossed and I could see both the ponies who seemed to be enjoying the moment of laughter and also mad that I had ruined everything. Doctor Whooves looked at me with such a sorrowful face. In fact, I could see that he was mouthing the words, "I am so sorry". and I grew mad. I let go and hit Daydream it the hoof, which caused her aurora to let go of me. I flew out of the house and ran away. I didn’t want to go home, I didn’t want to go anywhere where I could be seen, so I went to the one place that I knew I could go to solitude.

I went to the hill near the Everfree forest and let it all out. I cried for many minutes without stopping, I felt myself being thrown around. My left eye was starting to blacken and it hurt, I knew it was from the impact from when I hit the floor and the DJ’s station, my left sides were growing pains as well. And I had to lie down.

My stomach hurts, and I feel like I am going to hurl! Why did I think I would enjoy this, I knew I would embarrass him. Now he probably won’t want to see me forever! Why am I such a stupid mare! Why do I have these horrid eyes, why…

I heard hoofsteps coming to me, and I sniffed and tried to clear myself up, I had a prediction who it was, but I was still so emotional, I couldn’t stop crying. I just hoped that it was an animal or a simple bird. But of course, I was wrong.

“Dit… Muffins?” a voice said, as I sniffed once more I looked over and saw that Doctor Whooves who was staring at me with such worry. I just turned my head, and let the tears flow down to me. Finally, I could find my voice.

“Don’t. Don’t call me that right now,” I said, trying to clear my voice.

“Well too bad, you said you liked the nickname and I am going to keep calling you that,”

“How could you say that!? after what I did to you, how could look at me with a worried expression? haven’t I made enough of a fool of yourself!?”

“What the hay are you- do you really think about the embarrassment of the other rather than your own, why would you do that?” I felt a hoof reach over to touch me but I jerked back.

“It doesn’t matter what I think, I don’t care about my own embarrassment, as long as I don’t embarrass anyone else, other than me.”

“What kind of logic is that! you can't think about what others want all the time! Tell me this, have you ever thought about what you want?”

“How could I do that? I don’t ever get what I want even if I need it. I never get my hopes up for anything.”

I began to grow tears once again, making my eyes watery and unable to see, and my throat being dry. I never wanted much of anything, I never get any presents for my birthday, or presents for any circumstance for that matter.

It was a while for Whooves to speak, I actually thought he left, but as soon as I gave up his hope, I felt two hooves reach for me and hug me. I protested for a short time but the loving warmth I felt corrupted me, and I couldn’t help but embrace the feeling of care.

“Would you honestly think I could ever hear you say those words with a straight face?” Whooves said pulling me so close, that not an inch of us was apart.

“I… I…”

“Don’t answer that, rhetorical question and all. Just let me hold you for a little bit.”

I blushed and felt my heart beating hard. I knew my feelings for Whooves were growing stronger. I could feel it. But I also felt fear, fear for knowing that there was that tiny possible chance that he may like me as well. Tiny, however, yet still a possibility.

The corruption of the embrace moved me to turn my entire body and feel his soft chest. His heart beat faster, and I made a faint smile. I felt like I could sleep here, just like the night he told the truth to me. I felt myself growing more and more loving, so much that I looked up, and we stared at each other for a long while.

I could tell that he wanted to move closer, yet I could see his fear. Almost as much as me. And I smiled.

“Can you tell me… what you really want,” Doctor said, making my entire face flush. I wanted to answer him badly, but my voice was just stiff. All I could stutter was, “I… I-I want… want,” My entire body wanted to just fall into his hooves so he could just take me away. That’s what I want. Just for him to take me away to a world that we both want to be in.

He began to move so close that I almost was going to go in for the kill, if not for the fact that I knew I would screw up if I would kiss him. So, in spite of my defeat, I sighed and downed my head, even this is something I can't have. I thought, but I soon realized that I was growing selfish, why am I acting like I have to own Whooves for him to be mine? Why do I always have to think that the pony I like would never like me back… and yet, he hasn’t done a thing even though I know he may know he, likes… me. My head hurts.

“Um… it’s getting late, I bet Daydream has already told Mom and Dad about my shenanigans tonight, so maybe I should just face the music and go,” I said in full mourn, I didn’t want to leave and he knew that. but he said “ok” and we started off our way to my home. Silence fell upon us as the thoughts trickled up in our brains. Well more like my brain, I didn’t necessarily know what Whooves was thinking, but from the look on his face, I knew it well enough. What would have happened if I stayed put and let him kiss me? Would it feel great? Would it feel horrible? Maybe he just doesn’t want to be alone anymore and knows that I don’t want to either, or… maybe he really does like me, and just that. it would be nice to know, he would take care of me when I need it, and ask me out everywhere just so he knows he isn’t bored, and he would never be apart from me because he doesn’t want anypony to look at me the way he does. It’s a nice thought, but very unlikely that it would ever happen. Yet, stallions do take pride in everything they like. So maybe he is just being a lovestruck colt?

As my thoughts kept creeping up on me, I realized that we were back at my house. The lights were still on and I could see that my parents were in the living room. I got a bit of Deja Vu as we were in this exact position last time, but now, I think I need to do something more.

“Thank you,” I said as we entered the porch.

“No problem,” Whooves replied likely.

I knew there was something missing, something I knew had to be done, we both stared at each other, and as I looked at those beauteous blue eyes, I had found my strength.

I leaped myself onto Whooves and the rest was like magic, our lips touched and it seemed like everything stopped, all I could feel was my heart, leaping out of my chest from the excitement. I was about to let go, but then I was pulled in closer, and soon the perfect kiss was out. I had remembered what those mares were talking about how a first kiss was the best thing in the universe, I never believed them until now. And I smiled at my hypocritical nature.

We could have stayed there the entire night, just locked in each other’s embrace and feeling like nothing else matters. Yet soon, oxygen became my enemy and I broke it off. I wasn’t exactly surprised at the fact that we kissed, but the fact that it had brought something I never thought would come out! Saliva came with our broken kiss. And I felt like jelly, my body wasn’t able to function right, my face was so red you could even see it in the darkest of nights.

“Th-thank you,” Whooves said with a smile I could see was right.

“For what?” I said in between my gasp for air. I hadn’t realized that I let go of so much oxygen.

“For making the best memory for while you're gone,”

I smiled brightly and stared once again at his eyes, and soon he went away. Leaving me with one thing on my mind the whole night.

“Ditzy? Are you okay? Where’s Daydream?” my dad said, growing worried, but I couldn’t hear him, all I could hear was the beating of my heart. It wasn’t until I banged into a wall to realize that I was completely dumbstruck. I looked back and my parents looked at me as if I was crazy. I tried to think of what they said, only being able to remember something about Daydream.

“Oh she is fine, she just needed to take a walk,” I lied, and it worked because my parents went back to what they were doing and I went to my room and sighed happily.

I did it. I really did it! And he did it back! This means he does like me I sighed as the scene shot through me again. And the horrors of reality kicked in my brain. And I won't be able to see him for a whole month! As that thought entered my brain, I shot up and began to grow panic, what have I done! I just kissed him and now I won't be able to see him for a really long time! He may forget about this after my punishment! I just don’t know what went wrong!

I was scared so I turned to my side and held my pillow close, maybe he will remember and kiss me when all of this drama is over? Maybe, maybe this all will be ok. His face entered my mind, the kiss still felt like it was happening. I never thought that I, a mare who looks so different from everyone, could finally fall in love.

I sat up. "Oh no." I squeaked. I really have fallen in love with him, haven’t I!?

Author's Note:

Alright, this has to be my favorite chapter writing, mostly because I always see myself when I think of it. What Ditzy/Derpy/Muffins says, what she thinks, and how she exaggerates too. You will see I put a lot of my perspectives inside of this pony, but that's just one reason I made this fic. Also, references all around, another reason I loved making this chapter:derpytongue2: