• ...
4
 153
 1,754

Tonight... We Duel... IN HELL!

Talking

YELLING

Thinking

Singing

Flashback


Tonight... We Duel... IN HELL!


In a class in the main building, Blueblood is standing in his seat between Bruce and Scout, declaring for the class. Many students are watching her with awe and admiration.

"Duel Monster Cards can be grouped into three categories. The monster cards are Normal, Effect, Fusion, Ritual, Synchro, Xyz, Link, Prism, Maestro and Necron monsters. The spell cards are Normal, Continuous, Equip, Quick-Play, Ritual, and Field spells. The trap cards are Normal, Continuous, and Counter traps." Blueblood explained with a grin of pride, many girls in the class just stared dreamily at him. The teacher clapped in applause.

"Perfect. Well done, Blueblood. Of course, I wouldn't expect anything less from one of the top Duelists at CHS." said a man standing at the teacher's lectern in front. He had tanned skin, ruby red eyes, long black hair, well built and dressed in a black suit with a red tie. This was Professor Sombra.

(Imagine this but in the attire I mentioned.)

“Of course, Professor Sombra.” Bloodblood said with a bow before taking his seat.

“Hmm. Now who else would like to go next?” Sombra said as he scans the front row, then spots Spike. "Spike, explain to the class what a field spell is, please." said Sombra, Spike began muttering out of nervousness.

"Seriously shrimp? Even toddlers know the answer to this." Bruce joked as most of the students started laughing, making poor Spike blushed red in embarrassment. The only ones that didn’t laugh were Twilight, Erena, Dustin, Emille and Sunset Shimmer.

Poor Spike.' Erena and Twilight thought.

"Could someone give me an answer since Spike here clearly doesn't know? Given by his low grades, I wouldn’t be surprised" Sombra asked with a chuckle, making Spike sit, his face even more red than before.

“Picking on students because of averages, pretty low.” Dustin said, making everybody else gasp, Sombra was surprised and slightly angry by the remark.

“I beg your pardon?” Sombra asked.

"Clearly you’ve got no room to talk. I’ve heard that you got your butt handed to you by a freshman student, and that student had low grades too.” Dustin said, everybody gasped in shock again, and Sombra gritted his teeth and growled in anger.

“Oh, no he didn’t!” Scout said in shock.

“What are you doing?” Sunset asked in total shock.

“That’s it, boy! Principal’s office! NOW!” Sombra growled in pure rage, but Dustin was not phased by this outburst.

“Onii-chan.” Emille said in worry as Dustin walked out.

“Oh boy! Punk just dug up his own grave.” Scout snickered.


In Celestia’s office

Celestia was sitting on her desk, Dustin was sitting on a chair, and Sombra stood beside him with an outraged look.

“So, what bring you two to my office?” Celestia asked with a raised brow.

“I’ll tell you what! This little wiseass here spoke down to me! In front of my entire class!” Sombra said, casting a venomous glance towards Dustin.

“You call it “talking down”, I call it standing up for a friend!” Dustin said to Sombra. Celestia of course would agree with Dustin’s actions, because if there’s one thing Sombra is known for, is ridiculing the lower students.

“Celestia, I want something done about this!” Sombra demanded, but Celestia wanted to get the full story.

“Dustin, care to explain your side of things?” Celestia asked Dustin, making Sombra gasp in shock.

“Well, after Blueblood explained the types of monsters, spells and traps, Sombra here decided to get his sick kicks on making Spike look like an idiot by asking him what a field spell is, knowing fully well that the poor guy has test anxiety.” Dustin said, casting a fowl glance to Sombra, who growled in rage. Celestia sighed, knowing that Sombra would do something of the sort.

“Dustin, normally such an outburst would result in a month’s worth of detention, but I’ll let you off with a warning this time.” Celestia said, making Dustin cast a smirk to Sombra, while Sombra was outraged by this.

“You cannot be serious! This little heathen mocked me in front of my class, and you’re just going to let him off the hook?! JUST LIKE THAT?!” Sombra said, totally furious by what he was hearing.

“Knowing that you would go as far as ridiculing students, I would say his words were deserving. And I’m letting you off with a warning too, Sombra! If I ever hear that you ostracize students again, especially Spike, I’ll see to it that you are relieved of your duties. Do I make myself clear?” Celestia cast a glare to Sombra, who glared back with enough venom to kill thirty people.

“Crystal clear.” Sombra said with a bow, but still kept his glare towards her. ‘Rainbow-haired harlot!

“Good.” Celestia said as Sombra and Dustin both went to take there leave, but Celestia looked to Dustin.

“Dustin, I’d like to have a little discussion with you.” Celestia said, making Dustin sit back down. As Sombra went to the door, he cast one final glare towards Dustin.

Consider yourself fortunate Celestia spared you, boy! But know this, I will see to it that you are taken down.' thought Sombra in rage before walking out, leaving the two alone.

“Yes, Principal Celestia.” Dustin stuttered in slight fear, but Celestia had a soft smile on her face.

“I must say, you surely have some guts standing up to Sombra like that. You’re quite literally the only student here to ever do that.” Celestia said with a chuckle, surprising Dustin.

“Wow. Really?” Dustin asked in surprise.

“Yes. And I appreciate you standing up for Spike. I apologize for Sombra’s superiority complex. I swear, this isn’t Duel Academy.” Celestia said, making Dustin nod.

“Yeah, thank god. I’ve never been to that place, but I hear the Obelisk Blues there are pretty stuck up and full of themselves.” Dustin said, making Celestia nod I agreement. Suddenly the bell rang.

“Well, you’d best be onto your next class.” Celestia said as she wrote on a small sheet of paper before handing it to Dustin.

“Here. Can’t have you attending class without a reason for absence.” Dustin grabs the paper and nods.

“Thanks.” Dustin said and went to the door, leaving Celestia alone in her office.

“This young man is definitely something.” Celestia said with a small chuckle.


At the Cafeteria

It was lunch, and Dustin was walking out of the line with a tray in hand. Erena, and Emille soon followed. Then Pinkie’s voice called out.

“Hey, guys!” Pinkie called out. Dustin, Erena, and Emille noticed the girls and Spike, and the three just went to said table.

As they walked, Dustin noticed a bunch of students staring at him in awe, and murmuring.

“Isn’t that the guy who took down Scout?” One student asked.

“I heard he talked smack to Professor Sombra. Dude’s got guts.” Another student said.

“Do you think he’s single?” A female student said to another female student.

“Wow. Hasn’t been a full day yet, and I’m already the biggest thing since sliced bread,” Dustin said blushing from the attention as he, Erena and Emille sat down with the others.

“You kidding? You're one of the very few who took down Scout. Only two other students here could beat her.” Pinkie said with a glee.

“And talking crap to Professor Sombra? You truly are an American hero.” Rainbow said with a chuckle.

“Thanks for standing up for me, by the way.” Spike said with a smile, to which Dustin nodded.

“Don’t worry about it, dude. I couldn’t stand by and watch that stuck up prick pick on you like that.” Dustin said, patting on Spike’s back. Twilight then notices the Armband of Courage on his wrist.

“Hey. That armband. Where did you get that?” Twilight asked, Dustin was taken back a bit. He looked to make sure that nobody was watching, which thankfully was the case before looking back to his new friends.

“Ok. I’ll tell you but you girls will probably thing that I’m crazy.” Dustin said, but the girls and Spike were giving Dustin their undivided attention.

“Try us.” Applejack said, and Dustin just sighed.

“Ok. The thing is, some woman named Somnambula gave me this thing, saying that it’s one eight items that are needed to defeat some ancient evil called Grogar.” Dustin finished and prepared for the crazy looks, but they didn’t seem to think he’s lost his mind.

The girls looked at each other before looking back at him, Erena and Emille.

“Well, I'll admit that does sound strange, but we don’t think you’re crazy.” Sunset Shimmer said, surprising the three newcomers.

“Really?” Erena asked.

“Yeah. In fact, we had a run in with her ourselves.” Twilight said as she pulled up her backpack before unzipping it. She fished into it and brought out seven other items. These items included a book, a choker, a heart-shaped locket, a medallion, a bracelet, a ring, and a belt.

Each item also had the same symbol the armband had.

“Whoa! If they have the same symbol as the armband, then they must be the other items.” Emille said in surprise.

“Look, how about we meet up at my place after school, and we’ll explain ourselves. Deal?” Dustin said, the girls nodded.

“Yeah. Thank god it’s Friday, right?” Rainbow asked, to which Dustin nodded in agreement.

“Amen to that.” Dustin said with a chuckle.


Meanwhile


In his office, Professor Sombra sat in his chair, really angry about earlier. He was on his laptop, examining Dustin’s student profile.

“How dare that little bastard Dustin make a mockery of me in front of my entire class! Never have I been so humiliated!” Sombra said he then had an idea. He then grabs a sheet of paper and a pen before scribbling furiously. After he was finished, he folds the note he was writing before sealing it in an envelope.

“But I didn’t earn the professor for nothing.” Sombra then pulls out a black velvet deck box with a white symbol of a Knight Chess piece on the front. “Get ready boy. I’ll show you who you’re truly dealing with.” Sombra said with a cruel chuckle


Gym class

It was now Gym class, and Dustin was standing in a crowd in the middle of the gym's basketball court.

CHS’s gym professor walks out to the center of the basketball court and addresses the crowd of students. He was lean, had tan skin, aquamarine eyes and red hair. He wore a amber colored shirt with, amaranth pants and grey colored boots.

“Hello, everybody. My name is Flash Magnus and I'm your gym instructor!” Flash Magnus said to the crowd.

In the locker rooms, Sombra peeks around a corner chortling, clearly up to no good, and starts pulling open lockers in the P.E. locker room.

"Now, to plant the bait, where Dustin will be sure to find it!” Sombra said as he opened a locker and found Dustin’s backpack. “There!” Sombra unzips the backpack and places the envelope before zipping it back up and closing the locker.

“And now, we wait!” Sombra said, walking off with a grin that screamed mischievous glee.


Later

Dustin, Erena, Emille and the others were walking to the Honjou household, conversing on the way there. After a few more minutes, they were at their house.

“Well, welcome to my place. Be sure to wipe your feet before entering.” Dustin said before opening the door. “Ladies first.” Dustin said, making the girls giggle.

“Oh my. Quite a gentleman.” Rarity said, giggling still. Once the girls walked in, Spike and Dustin entered lastly before closing the door.

“Hello, girls.” Karen said from the kitchen.

“Hello Mrs. Honjou.” Twilight said with a wave. Taiyou walked in from the back.

“Hello girls. What brings you here?” Taiyou asked.

“Just wanting to hang with our new pals.” Dustin said with a smile as he unzipped his backpack and noticed the envelope.
“Huh?” Dustin pulled out the envelope, the others looked at it with curiosity.

“Oh? Looks like you have a secret admirer.” Erena said teasingly to Dustin.

“I don’t know, sis. This doesn’t look like a love letter.” Dustin said getting a bad feeling.

“Only one way to find out.” Spike said as Dustin opened the letter.

"To Dustin Hogan. Don’t think for even a second that I’ve forgotten the humiliation you’ve put me through earlier today. As an act of retribution, I challenge you to a duel. Meet me at the park at 6:00, where I will put you in your place. And be sure to bring your a-game, boy. Signed, PROFESSOR SOMBRA!" Dustin exclaimed.

"WHHHHHAAAAAAAATTTT?" shouted Pinkie in shock.

“Looks like Professor Sombra’s still upset about you mouthing off to him earlier.” Rainbow Dash said to Dustin.

“Oh yes. I’ve heard about that from Tia, earlier.” Karen said, casting a scolding glance to Dustin, who looked away to avoid such a stare.

“Well, I’d advise you’d back out of it, Dustin. When Sombra fights, he fights dirty.” Sunset advised Dustin.

“I agree with Sunset, Dustin. Sombra is no pushover when he duels.” Fluttershy said, but Dustin rose from his spot.

“Back down from a challenge is not how I roll. If that old coot wants a duel, then by god I’ll give him one.” Dustin said as he ran to his room to grab a deck box. “And I know just the deck to use." Dustin smirked.

“Have ya’ll gone crazy? Sombra is one of the most elite duelists in Canterlot!” Applejack exclaimed in shock.

“When someone gives me a challenge, I don’t back down.” Dustin said as he grabbed his duel disk.

“Well, I guess there’s no way of talking you out of this.” Twilight said with slight worry.

“That’s our boy for you. When somebody challenges him, he never turns away, he answers their call.” Taiyou said to Twilight.

“Well, we’ll cheer you on.” Fluttershy said to Dustin.

“That’s right. We’re there ta support ya, sugarcube.” Applejack said with a nod.

“Plus, it’ll be fun to watch you kick Sombra’s can all over the place.” Rainbow Dash said with a chuckle.

“I agree.” Karen said with a nod.

“Look out, Sombra! Cause you’re about to get your sorry butt kicked!” Dustin said with a grin.


Canterlot Park

It was 6:00 PM, and Sombra was sitting on a bench, reading a book to ease his boredom. But Sombra didn’t have to wait for long as Dustin and his gang had arrived.

“Ah. So you arrived, I was beginning to wander if you’d back out.” Sombra said as he noticed the crew. “And I see you’ve brought an audience to witness your humiliation. Even the stammering field spell nitwit.” Sombra said the last part to Spike, making him fume in anger, but Dustin held him back.

“Back down? Not a snowball’s chance!” Dustin said as he strapped his Duel Disk on and placed his deck in the slot.

“You certainly have fire in you my boy. That’s one thing about you that is admirable.” Sombra said as he strapped his Duel Disk on as and placed his in the deck slot. “Prepare to be utterly humiliated, boy!”

“We’ll see who’ll be humiliated, old timer!” Dustin said, but Sombra wasn’t phased in the slightest by the remark.

“I’m recording the whole thing.” Sunset Shimmer said as she held her phone out and pressed the record button.

“Kick his butt!” Pinkie cheered Dustin on.

“Wipe the floor with him!” Rainbow cheered.

“Cheer all you fools want! It won’t do him any good!” Sombra chuckled as he stared Dustin down. “Ready, boy?”

“As I’ll ever be!” Dustin said, both their duel disks activated and they drew their hand:

DUEL!” Both Dustin and Sombra exclaimed, the duel has now begun.


Sombra LP - 8000
Dustin LP - 8000


“I’ll start things off!” Sombra drew his card and examined his hand, a strategy formulated in his head. “The first thing I’ll do is play my little feathered friend, Ritual Raven, in attack mode!” Sombra said as a small strange black bird appeared onto the field, cawing.

[Ritual Raven/Lv: 1/DARK/Fiend/ATK:300/DEF:300]

BWAHAHAHA! Seriously, teach? Quite a bad move on your part!” Rainbow Dash laughed, but Somnbra smirked.

“He may look be a hapless chick, but he does have a unique ability! Such as using him as an entire Tribute for a Ritual Summon!” Sombra said, shocking everybody present.

“What!?” Dustin asked in shock.

“Uh oh.” Emille said in slight fear.

"And I’ll use right now! I offer my little birdie as a sacrifice to Contract with the Abyss!” Sombra said as his Ritual Raven was engulfed in blue fire, and before long the flame grew in both size and intensity. And strangely, electricity seemed to spark from within the blue flame.

“Ah sure don’t like the looks of this.” Applejack said in worry.

“Same here.” Spike said with a shiver as leather wings erupted from the big blue flame.

“Brace yourself, for I bring forth a denizen from hell! Behold! Archfiend’s Awakening!” Sombra exclaimed as the blue flame subsided, revealing what looking like an advanced form of Summoned Skull. The skeletal demon eyed Dustin before emitting a blood-curdling shriek that was filled with might and superiority. Lightning flashed as the bony demon made itself known.

[Archfiend's Awakening, Lv: 6/DARK/Fiend/ATK: 2500/DEF: 1200]

“Whoa!” Spike said in total fear.

“Impressive, isn’t it? What you witness is a classic creature, Summoned Skull, given new purpose! Because while he’s on the field, he’s treated as Summoned Skull. And the best part is that he cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects, except those of with a Ritual Monster.” Sombra chuckled evilly.

“Aw, what?!” Rainbow Dash asked in disbelief.

“How is Dustin supposed to go against something like that?!” Twilight Sparkle asked, just as shocked.

“And if you think that’s impressive, then wait until you see this! I activate the Spell Card, Ancient Rules! Now I can easily bring out any level five or higher monster I want. And the best part, I don’t need to sacrifice any monsters. And I’ll bring forth Red-Eyes Black Dragon! In Attack Mode!” Sombra said as the legendary dragon appeared in front of him. The body as black as obsidian and eyes as red as rubies. The dragon roared in might.

[Red-Eyes B. Dragon/Lv: 7/DARK/ATK: 2400/DEF: 2000]

“Uh oh.” Erena said in terror.

“I’ll just end my turn from there. Your move.” Sombra said with a chuckle, but Dustin wasn’t backing down.

“If you think I’m scared of some red eyed lizard or electric bonehead, then you’re sadly mistaken!” Dustin drew his card, and smirked.

“Those two guys are powerful, but they ain’t gonna stay on the field for much longer!” Dustin said, surprising everybody, even Sombra. “I sacrifice both of your monsters to give you a much better monster! Like Lava Golem!” Dustin declared as a pool of Lava appeared beneath both of Sombra’s monsters, before the two were engulfed in flames as massive blob made of lava appeared in their place.

“Clever move. But once Lava Golem is brought out, you cannot Normal Summon or Set for the rest of the turn. And even if you got rid of my Archfiend’s Awakening, you activate another useful effect of his. Allowing me to bring out one Summoned Skull from my hand, deck or graveyard. To take his place.” Sombra said as the classic skeletal monster appeared, it’s body sparked with electricity.

“I’m well aware of that. And while I can’t normal summon for the rest of the turn, I can Special Summon. Now I activate the Field Spell, Kyoutou Waterfront from my hand.” Dustin said as the whole field changed to a Japanese style city. This seemed to surprise everybody even more.

“Wait! There is only one archetype that uses this card!” Sombra said in shock.

“That’s right! Now I’ll sacrifice your Summoned Skull to give you another good monster! Radian, the Multidimensional Kaiju!” Dustin said as Summoned Skull disappeared, and in it’s place was a titanic humanoid with a black body and red eyes, the giant roared in might, surprising everybody even more.

[Radian, the Multidimensional Kaiju/Lv:7/DARK/Fiend/ATK: 2800/DEF: 2500]

“Whoa! Kaijus!” Sunset said in total surprise and amazement.

“Ooooh. It’s like we’re in a kaiju movie!” Pinkie said in excitement.

“You know what they say! The bigger they are! The harder they fall! And of course, each time a card is sent from the field to the graveyard, I can place one Kaiju Counter on this card for each sent card, but I can’t go above the maximum of five counters. So that’s one Kaiju counter down since I brought out Radian. But I’m just getting warmed up.” Dustin chuckled, making Sombra scared now. “Since I brought a kaiju to your side, I now get to bust another one to mine.”

“I like where this is going!” Spike said with a smile.

“Ladies and gentlemen let’s all give a warm, comfortable to the king of all monsters. The fiery monarch, the blazing titan, the red-hot giant, behold! Dogoran, the Mad Flame Kaiju!” Dustin said as a big pillar of fire appeared besides him before showing a giant t-rex like beast with massive draconic wings, heated spikes on its head and chest. The massive monster unleashed a mighty roar, signifying its supremacy, breathing a stream of fire into the sky.

[Dogoran, the Mad Flame Kaiju/Lv: 8/FIRE/Dinosaur/ATK: 3000/DEF: 1200]

“Impossible!” Sombra said in total shock!

“Aw yeah! Now we’re talking!” Rainbow dash cheered.

“That’s my boy.” Taiyou said with a proud smile.

“Now, Time to crank up the heat! Dogoran, let’s show Sombra what happens when you play with fire!” Dustin declared as Dogoran opened its maw, a ball of fire forming. “ATTACK! RED HOT FURY!” Dustin called out, Dogoran released a stream of superheated fire at Radian. Once the attack met its target, Radian erupted in flames, screaming in pain before shattering to pieces.


Sombra LP - 7800


Sombra growled in total anger upon seeing the events unfold.

“Yay!” Erena and Emille cheered.

“Yee haw!” Applejack cheered as well.

“And since Radian is gone, that’s another kaiju Counter added. I'll lay a face down and en it there. So Sombra, you feeling the heat yet?” Dustin asked with a smirk, making Sombra growl in total rage.

“I will not allow some young heathen to make a fool out of me!” Sombra drew his card.

"But let's not forget, Lava Golem inflicts one-thousand damage to you during each of your Standby Phases." Dustin said to Sombra, making him growl in annoyance.


Sombra - 6800


"I will have your own golem burn you to ashes long before the damn thing burns up all of my Life Points" Sombra said as he looks at the card he drew and starts to chuckle.

“I’ll first play Pot of Greed to draw two extra cards.” Sombra dug into his deck and seemed happy with the results.

"Next I'll play Shadow Tamer in defense mode!" Sombra said as a woman with blue hair, a white gown and a whip appeared.

[Shadow Tamer/Lv: 3/EARTH/Warrior/ATK: 800/ DEF: 700]

“And I should note that Shadow Tamer is always treated as an Archfiend card. And now that I have her out, I get to play this! The Equip Spell, Falling Down! With it, I can equip it to a monster you control, and take control over it!“ Sombra said, making Dustin go wide eyes,

“Crap! That ain’t good!” Dustin said in shock.

“Oh no!” Flutterhsy said in fear.

“That’s right, my boy! Now your Dogoran belongs to me!” Sombra cackled madly as Dogoran marched to Sombra’s side.
“And now with no monsters to protect you, you’re wide open! Dogoran, attack! RED HOT FURY!” Sombra called out as Dogoran breathed a stream of at Dustin, making him groan in agony.


Dustin LP – 5000


“Onii-chan!” Emille called out in worry.

“Lava Golem! Your turn! MAGMA MELTDOWN!” Sombra called out as Lava Golem flung its arms, firing a barrage of magma balls at Dustin.


Dustin LP – 2000


“Next, I another play Pot of Greed, making me draw two more cards." Sombra drew the two cards. "I’ll set two cards and end it from there. Better make your next turn count, for it may be your last.” Sombra said with a sadistic grin. But Dustin stood his ground.

“Smile while you can, Sombra! It’s not over until I say it is here goes nothing!” Dustin drew his next card and had a victorious smile. “Yeah baby! Just my luck! I activate the Spell Card, Interrupted Kaiju Slumber!” Dustin declared, making Sombra wide eyed in shock!

WHAT?! NO!” Sombra said in disbelief.

“With this bad boy, all monsters get wiped out, then I can bust out one Kaiju for each of our fields with different names, but they can’t change their battle positions and must attack, if able.” Dustin called out as every monster on Sombra’s side vanished.

“So for you, I’ll give you a Kaiju that floats like a butterfly, but stings like a bee. Gadarla, the Mystery Dust Kaiju!” Dustin said as a massive yellow butterfly-like monster with multiple red eyes and big blue wings emitting some strange dust.

[Gadarla,the Mystery Dust Kaiju/Lv: 8/WIND/Insect/ATK: 2700/DEF: 1600]

“And for me, I’ll bust out a Kaiju that can bring in the thunder!” Dustin said, making Sombra go wide-eyed by the remark.

“Wait! You mean…” Sombra said, too shocked to respond.

“That’s right! Get ready to feel the thunder! Cause here comes Thunder King, the Lightning Strike Kaiju!” Dustin said as a massive storm appeared, lightning flashed and thunder sounded off. Then from the sky came a three-headed silver dragon, a glowing yellow orb on its chest and electricity sparked throughout it’s body. Once the thunderous titan landed, the three heads released a thunderous roar.

[Thunder King, the Lightningstrike Kaiju/Lv: 9/LIGHT/Thunder/ATK: 3300/DEF: 2100]

“You may have the upper hand boy, but you forget that I have two face down trap cards. And I’ll use the right now! I reveal both Red-Eyes Spirit and Call of the Haunted!”

“Aw come on!” Sunset Shimmer groaned.

“With these cards, I’ll use them to bring out both Red-Eyes Black Dragon and Archfiend’s Awakening back to the field!” Sombra called out as both monsters appeared besides Gadarla. “And let’s not forget that Archfiend’s Awakening can only be destroyed by Ritual Monsters, something that you do not possess!” Sombra smirked smugly, but Dustin had a smug grin of his own.

“Not for long! I activate my trap! Fiendish Chain!" Dustin called out, shocking Sombra.

"DAMN IT!" Sombra growled in rage as his Archfiend was wrapped in chains.

"Now with this bad boy, your Archfiend Awakening's effects are null and void. Plus, since I used Interrupted Kaiju Slumber to nuke your board, that means I now have five Kaiju Counters in total. So now I activate Thunder king’s effect! By removing three Kaiju Counters from the field, you're unable to activate any effects for the rest of the turn, and I can attack three times in a row!” Dustin declared as Sombra just stood in horror.

“Thunder King, make it rain! Kaminari Ichi!” Dustin called out as the Thunder King’s central head fired a blast of golden electricity at Gadarla, easily destroying it.


Sombra LP – 6200


“Kaminari Ni!” Dustin declared as Thunder King’s right head destroyed Sombra’s Red-Eyes Black Dragon.


Sombra LP – 5300


“Kaminari San!” Dustin declared as Thunder king’s left head destroyed Archfiend's Awakening.


Sombra LP - 4500


“Grrr! Damn you!” Sombra growled in fury.

“And I just added three more kaiju counters from the whole battle. And when Kyoutou Waterfront has three or more Kaiju Counters, I can bring add one Kaiju from my deck to my hand.” Dustin said as he added the desired kaiju from his deck to his hand. “And with that said and done, I’ll finish it there. You’re up.” Dustin said, his smirk still plastered on his face.

“You got lucky boy!” Sombra drew his card, and chuckled before laughing like a maniac.

“But I’m afraid your luck has just ran out! First I’ll play Card of Sanctity, which means we both draw until we have six cards!” Sombra smiled as he drew a full hand of six while Dustin only drew three.

Sombra’s smile widened upon seeing what he drew and said, “I now summon Archfiend Heiress in defense mode.” Sombra said as a purple skinned demon girl appeared.

[Archfiend Heiress/Lv: 3/DARK/Fiend/ATK: 1000/DEF: 0]

“And now that I have an Archfiend out, I can Special Summon this! Archfiend Commander!” Sombra said as a bulky archfiend appeared as electricity sparked throughout its body.

[Archfiend Commander/Lv: 6/DARK/Fiend/ATK: 2500/DEF: 1200]

“And since Archfiend Commander was Special Summoned this way, I must destroy 1 archfiend I control. So I’ll get rid of Heiress.” Sombra chuckled as Heiress was electrocuted by Commander before shattering to bits. “But of course, when Archfiend Heiress is destroyed by battle or card effects, I can search out one Archfiend card from my deck, except Archfiend Heiress, and add it to my hand.” Sombra said as he added the chosen card to his hand. “And while I’m at it, how about I put it to use? I Equip Archfiend Commander with Axe of Despair! Giving him a one-thousand attack boost” Sombra said as Archfiend Commander wielded the axe, its body emitted more electricity than before.

(Archfiend Commander: 2500 - 3500)

“Oh no!” Erena said in shock.

“Then that means Archfiend Commander can easily take down Thunder King!” Emille said in total shock.

Twilight then placed a hand on Emille’s shoulder and said, “Don’t worry, Archfiend Commander can’t attack when it’s special summoned. So Dustin can still turn it around.”

Sombra grinned evilly and said, “Normally you would be correct Miss Sparkle, except for the fact that I have this!” He then held up his hand and revealed a card that showed a maiden holding a staff with a red orb on the end.

Rainbow gasped and said, “No way! That’s Mischief of the Time Goddess! Now Sombra can skip straight into his next turn and attack with Commander.”

“Correct you are my dear! Now my fiend, attack!” Sombra declared as Archfiend Commander charged towards the thundering kaiju, its axe at the ready. “Carve that Kaiju like a turkey on Thanksgiving!” With a mighty swing of its axe, Archfiend Commander destroyed Thunder King.


Dustin LP -1800


“I’ll end my turn from there. You’re move child.” Sombra chuckled evilly. But then he noticed Dustin had his smug grin. “And what’s with the smile?”

“You’re about to find out, right now! First, since I control no monsters, I can Special Summon this! My Earth Armor Ninja in attack mode!” Dustin said as a man in a brown ninja suit appeared.

[Earth Armor Ninja/Lv: 5/EARTH/Warrior/ATK: 1600/DEF: 1200]

“Next, I’ll play the Spell card Reinforcement of the Army, allowing me to add a level four or lower warrior type monster from my deck to my hand. But how about I have him join the party? Go, Armed Ninja in attack mode!” Dustin said as a ninja wielding a spear showed up in a plume of smoke.

[Armed Ninja/Lv: 1/EARTH/Warrior/ATK: 300/DEF: 300]

“What good will that do you?” Sombra asked in confusion.

“I’ll show you! Next I play Creature Swap!” Dustin said, Sombra was now shocked by this. “So now we both trade our monsters.” Dustin said as Sombra now had Armed Ninja while Dustin had Archfiend Commander.

“Wow! Nice comeback!” Applejack said with a whistle.

“That’s my baby!” Karen cheered.

“Yay.” Flutterhsy cheered, albeit a little quietly.

“But why stop there? Next I Tribute your Armed Ninja and give you a much better beast! Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju!” Dustin said as Armed Ninja disappeared before a massive blue winged sea turtle appeared to Sombra’s side.

[Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju/Lv: 8/WATER/Aqua/ATK: 2200/ DEF: 3000]

“And now that you control a Kaiju, I can Special Summon this mechanical marvel! Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha-Dogoran!” Dustin called out as a mechanical version of Dogoran appeared to Dustin side, the beast released a mechanical roar.

[Super Anti-Kaiju War Machine Mecha-Dogoran/Lv: 8/LIGHT/Machine/ATK: ?/DEF: 2000]

“Nice move boy. But I’m well aware of Mecha-Dogoran’s effects, so I’ll use Gameciel’s effect.” Sombra said with a smirk, but then Dustin laughed.

“I’m afraid not.” Dustin said, confusing everybody.

“Huh?” Pinkie asked.

“What’s he mean, Twilight?” Spike asked, but Twilight didn’t answer.

“Watch and learn! I’ll sacrifice your Gamaciel and give you this monster! Volcanic Queen!” Dustin said as Gameciel erupted in flames before a massive dragon with a fiery woman on it’s head appeared.

[Volcanic Queen/Lv: 6/FIRE/Pyro/ATK: 2500/DEF: 1200]

NO!” Sombra said in shock.

“Whoa!” Rainbow Dash said in amazement.

“Talk about bringing the heat.” Rarity said just as amazed.

“Now I activate Mecha-Dogoran’s, effect! By removing 2 Kaiju Counters, I can equip one Kaiju from my hand or graveyard to him, giving him attack points equal to the equipped monster’s attack power. And the one I choose is Thunder King!” Dustin said, as the transparent image Thunder King appeared behind Mecha Dogoran before turning into a stream of electrical energy. The electric power engulfed Mecha-Dogoran, making it roar as its power increased, making Sombra gasp in fear.

(Mecha Dogoran: ? - 3300)

“Alright, damage time! Archfiend Commander! First attack is yours!” Dustin declared as Archfiend Commander swung his axe, creating a crescent wave of electricity at Volcanic Queen, destroying it.


Sombra LP – 3500


Sombra was too shocked to do anything.
NO! THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING!” Sombra yelled in disbelief.

“Strike one! Mecha-Dogoran, your turn! ARSENAL BLASTER!” Dustin declared, Mecha-Dogoran fired a barrage of energy blasts at Sombra, who roared in agony.


Sombra LP - 200


“Strike two! Earth Armored Ninja, attack him directly and finish this duel! BOULDER PUNCH!!” Dustin called out as the ninja disappeared in a plume of smoke before reappearing behind him and punched him from behind, depleting his life points.


Sombra LP – 0


“Strike three! You’re out! Game, set, match!” Dustin said triumphantly with a thumbs down as Sombra fell to his knees, a look of shock on his face. The holograms then faded.

“He did it!” Pinkie Pie cheered.

“Yahoo!” Rainbow Dash cheered.

“You did it, Onii-chan!” Erena and Emille cheered as the ran to Dustin and hugged him.

“Well done, baby.” Karen said as she hugged Dustin rather tightly, making him suffocate a bit.

“This is so going onto the school website.” Sunset Said with a chuckle.

“I…I don’t…believe this! I’ve lost…TO A LITTLE HOODLUM?!” Sombra stammered in a mixture of shock and rage. He then got up and glared at Dustin with enough venom to kill somebody instantly.

“Mark my words, child! I will see to it that you suffer for this! I will have my revenge!” Sombra said before storming off.

“I’m quite impressed. You managed to beat
Sombra at his own game.” Twilight said with an impressed smile.

“This calls for a celebration!” Karen smiled, still hugging Dustin tightly.

“Mom! Choking…not breathing!” Dustin said, struggling to get out of his mother's crushing hug.

Author's Note:

And chapter two is finally done. Thank god.

This chapter is inspired by two Yu-Gi-Oh! GX episodes. The two episodes Welcome to Duel Academy and A Duel in Love.

Also, before posting this I had my proofreader Speculore proofread, and he was helpful enough to make some changes, so shout out Speculore. Thank you dude.

Anyway, I hope you guys like this story so far, and I'll see ya'll next time.