• ...
4
 153
 1,754

Double Double, Toil and Trouble

Talking

YELLING

Thinking

Singing

Flashback


Double, Double, Toil and Trouble


Everyone in CHS had gathered in the gymnasium. The reason, today was the start of the annual Canterlot Cup. A special Tournament where CHS and another School Campus partakes in the events. Both students elect up to seven as their representatives. But this year, the tournament was going to be extra special. Maximillion Pegasus, the creator of Duel Monsters and founder of Industrial Illusions himself would be announcing. And as a bonus, the reward was a tour at Industrial Illusions, but the biggest part was that the winning team also gets to design new one of a kind cards to keep, free of charge. It doesn’t get any better than that, am I right?

And the representatives for this year’s tournament are about to be revealed. Celestia stood on the stage, holding a microphone in hand while Luna held a box.

“Attention, students,” Celestia said, grabbing everybody’s attention, “Votes for the seven students who will compete in the Canterlot Cup have been tallied. In no particular order, we will announce the students who will represent Canterlot High.” Celesitia said, and the students applauded before going silent again. Celestia said before billing out an envelope, opening it and pulling out a small parchment.

“Now, once your name is called, you are to approach the stage.” Celestia said, clearing her throat. “The representatives are: Twilight Sparkle, Sunset Shimmer, Scout Crawford, Erena Honjou, Bruce Welker, Emille Honjou and Dustin Hogan.”

As Celestia said this, the seven students walked down, and many of the students and faculty clapped for the students. The only one who didn’t clap was Sombra, who was glaring daggers at Dustin.

“Congratulations, children.” Celestia said as Luna walked up to them, opening the box she had. What was inside were seven cards that had the colors of Canterlot High’s flag, and the pictures on them displayed the CHS school logo with a rainbow background.

“As representatives of CHS, you will all be granted the entry cards for the Canterlot Tournament. Be sure to hold onto them.” Celestia said as each of the ix grabbed their tournament entry card.

“All students are welcome to attend the cup this Friday. Official ceremonies will begin at 10 am.” Celestia said, and with that, everybody was back to their classes.


In the cafeteria, many students were either chowing down, talking amongst themselves or even dueling old school table top style.

Dustin and his friends were eating and talking amongst each other, even Gilda was with them.

“So, G, how’re you liking Canterlot so far?” Rainbow asked Gilda, who just shrugged.

“Pretty nice. And tons of cute guys around too.” Gilda said before looking towards a nearby boy, who was casting a flirtatious glance towards her. She winked, and the guy blushed madly.

“Well, word of advice, stay clear of Blueblood and Bruce. Those guys are serious big time trouble.” Sunset said to Gilda.

“Noted. Blueblood is way too stuck up for my tastes, and Bruce is a straight up asshole.” Gilda said as she munched down on a burger.

“Well, the students at Crystal Prep are practically 100 times worse compared to Bruce and Blueblood.” Erena said with a groan.

“You know somebody from Crystal Prep?” Applejack asked Erena.

“We used to attend that grade-A shithole of a school.” Dustin said, making the other girls go wide eyed in shock.

“Wait, seriously?” Spike asked, dumbfounded at what he heard.

“And here I thought Twilight was the only one who transferred from Crystal Prep.” Rarity said, making Dustin, Erena and Emille look to Twilight.

“You seriously went to Crystal Prep, too?” Erena asked, and Twilight nodded.

“Yes, I did. And needless to say, I was quite the introvert. For a time, I always focused on my studies more than anything else. I always isolated myself from others. But that all changed last year, when Crystal Prep lost to CHS during the Friendship Games.”

“Friendship Games?” Emille asked with a raised eyebrow.

“It’s a competition that is held here every four years between CHS and Crystal Prep.” Twilight elaborated. “And for the past few games, Crystal Prep has reigned victorious, until last year.”

Flashback

We see Twilight being scolded by a teacher for losing the tournament.

“I can’t believe you forfeit! Even with all the rare cards I’ve lent to you, you would throw away your chances of victory like that?!” The woman said in outrage.

“If I hadn’t, I would have won in an un sportsman-like fashion!” Twilight shot back, surprising the woman. “I forfeit, because your antics would have given Crystal Prep a bad name! So, you tell me, Principal Cinch!” Twilight said, bringing out a blue and purple Deck box. “Did you really grant me these cards so I can ensure Crystal Prep’s victory, or were you just so desperate to win that you would result in underhanded antics to achieve victory?!” Twilight’s outburst really did not sit well with the woman named Cinch.

“It seems you’ve forgotten your place, Miss Sparkle. I’ll see to it that your attitude is adjusted after a month of after school detention.” Cinch said, getting into Twilight’s face.

“No.” Twilight shot back, confusing Cinch.

“No?” Cinch asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Has your hearing gone bad to the point you need hearing aids?” Twilight asked, making Cinch angry. “As of now, I am no longer your little puppet! For two years, for two long years, you have manipulated me, used me, and I’m just about fed up with it!” Twilight said, opening the Deck box and bringing out the cards it contained before tossing them directly at Cinch’s face. “As of now, I’m resigning from Crystal Prep!”

“Oh?” Cinch asked with a smug look. “You do realize you’re throwing your chances of acceptance to Everton Duel Academy out the window.”

“I could care less about that, anymore.” Twilight said, crossing her arms. “Why go to Everton when I can attend to Canterlot?”

“Well said, Twi.” A voice called out, making Cinch and Twilight look to see Sunset, Rainbow, Fluttershy, Pinkie, and Rarity. Even the Shadowbolts were standing with them.

(AN: Basically the same as the pic, but with normal skin tones)

“You know Twilight’s right, Cinch.” The bespectacled girl with twintails said bluntly.

“I beg your pardon?” Cinch asked, taken aback by this.

“We get you wanna win, but what you just did, that is so not cool!” The girl with green hair said. Cinch just huffed and stormed off, too angry to even speak.

Twilight, however, was stunned that the girls that she opposed in this tournament, and the girls that ridiculed her for as long as she could remember, defended her against her now former teacher. But she was also touched that she had friends that support her.

End Flashback

“So, after that, I transferred here.” Twilight said, looking towards the girls. “Had it not been for them, I wouldn’t be where I am now.”

“Man. That’s truly deep.” Gilda said with amazement.

“And standing up to Cinch like you did, you truly have guts.” Erena said with a chuckle.

“At least I now know that somebody besides me hates that wicked bitch of the west.” Dustin said with a smirk, making the others chuckle at that wisecrack.

“Yeah. I bet she’d melt if somebody threw a bucket of water at her.” Rainbow chuckled even harder.

“Oh no. If anything, it’d probably take a wooden stake through the heart to put that old bag down.” Dustin said, and the gang was in a fit of giggles.

“Oh man, you’re a riot.” Gilda said, wiping a tear away.

“So, you and Cinch are on bad terms too?” Twilight asked Dustin.

“Oh, since the day we transferred there, she and I have been at each other’s throats.” Dustin said, until a girl stepped towards the group. She had silvery hair, and was dressed in a way similar to a wizard.

“Twilight Sparkle! The Great and Powerful Trixie is not pleased that you are participating in the Canterlot Cup!” The girl named Trixie said to Twilight angrily.

“Uh, I’m sorry, but who are you?” Dustin asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Didn’t Trixie just explain herself?” Trixie spoke in third person.

“That’s Trixie. She just thinks that she’s the biggest thing since sliced bread.” Sunset with a hint of annoyance towards Trixie.

“One look at her, and I already don’t like her.” Gilda said, but Trixie kept her focus on Twilight.

“The Great and Powerful Trixie will not accept this farce! To show CHS that I should be deserving to participate in the Canterlot Cup, Trixie challenges you to a duel!” Trixie said before pulling out her Duel Disk.

“Do you really think that’s gonna change anything?” Dustin asked with an annoyed look. This caught Trixie’s attention.

“This does not concern you, transfer! So you best mind your own business!” Trixie shot back rather rudely, but Dustin was not backing down.

“I’ve seen what Twilight’s like when she duels, and if you ask me, I say she’s more than qualified to participate than some stuck up, overzealous princess like yourself.” Dustin’s remark made Trixie really mad while many of the students snickered.

“Care to repeat that, you insolent ruffian?” Trixie asked with a growl.

“Ok, you two. That’s enough.” The gang all look to see another girl. But this one had purple hair with aqua colored streaks, clad in a light lavender button up blouse, a long flowing turquoise skirt that reached her knees, and dark purple knee-high boots.

(AN: Imagine this, but in the attire I mentioned)

“Starlight Glimmer?” Twilight asked while Trixie had a smirk on her face.

“Ah, Starlight. Good thing that you have arrived. I believe some punishment is in order for this heathen.” Trixie said with a smirk at Dustin.

“Trixie, just move along.” Starlight said, making Trixie gasp at that.

“But…” Trixie was about to protest, but a glare from Starlight shut her up. Trixie just moved along, but not before casting a glare at Dustin as she walked.

“I do apologize for Trixie’s behavior.” Starlight said with an apologetic look.

“Ah, no worries, Glim. Trixie’s always like this.” Rainbow said with a shrug.

“Uh, sorry, but you guys know her?” Gilda asked with a raised brow in confusion.

“Yeah. That’s Starlight Glimmer. She’s the head of CHS’s disciplinary committee.” Sunset said, motioning to Starlight.

Suddenly, the PA system had sounded off.

“Attention Students, the representatives of Crystal Prep will be arriving next period. All representatives at CHS must report to the Gymnasium during that time.” Celestia said over the PA before signing off.

“Ah, the Meet 'n Greet, eh?” Dustin said with a sigh. “I have a bad feeling Cinch is gonna be there.”

“Well, just please try to stay calm and don’t stir her up, please Onii-chan?” Emille pleaded with slight worry.

“No promises, sis.” Dustin said before chowing down on a pizza slice.


In the Gymnasium, we see Dustin, Erena, Emille, Sunset, Twilight, Bruce and Scout with Celestia and Luna in front of the two.

Then, a woman walked in.

Uh oh, here comes the devil.’ Dustin thought to himself as Cinch walks forward.

(AN: Imagine her with normal skin tone)

“Hello, Abacus Cinch.” Celestia greeted, to which Cinch just huffed.

“Celestia.” Cinch said before noticing Twilight. “Ah, Twilight Sparkle. I never thought I’d see you again especially with…” Cinch said before noticing Dustin, and when she saw him, she was outraged. “What? What are you doing here, little heathen!?”

“How’s it hangin’, Cinch. I would say you look like you haven’t aged a day, but I’d be lying.” Dustin said, and Cinch was about to lose it, but she managed to calm down.

“Just be lucky that you’re no longer in my school, otherwise I’d have you expelled for that!” Cinch said as she and Dustin stared each other down.

“Uh…anyway, have you brought your representatives?” Luna said, to which Cinch had a sly smirk.

“Actually yes, I do.” Cinch said before looking back to Dustin. “And I do believe a little “reunion” is in order.” Cinch said before snapping her fingers, causing the three of her representatives to step forward .

Upon seeing the three, Erena and Emille gasped, but Dustin was angry at the sight of the trio.

“Well, well, well. How have you been, buddy? It’s been so long.” The spiky haired boy said with a smug grin.

“Oh hell no! Not you three stooges!” Dustin growled angrily.

“Oh, is that anyway to treat an old friend?” The blue haired girl asked sarcastically.

“Oh blow me, bitch!” Dustin growled further.

“Careful, Hogan. Wouldn’t want that mouth of yours getting you into trouble, would we?” The dark skinned man said with a chuckle.

“Dustin, please calm down.” Twilight pleaded.

“You know these blokes?” Bruce asked Dustin.

“Yeah. The hooded douchebag is Haze, the blue haired floozy is Nightingale, and the cactus head is Quicksilver.” Dustin said.

“But where are the others?” Celestia asked with confusion.

“Ah yes. Now, the four remaining students are actually new arrivals at Crystal prep who transferred just two days ago. But their skills were so phenomenal that I had to include them.” Cinch said as, and with a clap of her hands, a blonde woman dressed in a red gown.

“First is Miss Yurika Ichinomiya. She uses a deck that specializes in taking control of the opponent's monsters.” Cinch said as the girl did a curtsy.

“Well, hello Sheila.” Bruce said with a wolf whistle. Secondly, a frail boy with a sickly complexion, brown hair dressed in a grey long-sleeve shirt, gray pants and black shoes approached.

“Jesus H. Christ! Dude, when was the last time you saw sunlight!?” Scout asked with a look of fright.

“This is Harry Lecter. He specializes in a Machine deck.” Cinch said as a muscular man dressed in mostly black and had a mask that covered his mouth.

“Next is Damon Burns. He specializes in a FIRE deck that inflicts burn damage.” Cinch said before the final representative revealed himself. He had black hair, brown eyes, wore a black and white jacket with a black zip up shirt and black pants.

“And lastly we have Cassian Cromwell.” Cinch said as the boy did a bow.

“Well, new or not, you’re new lap dogs won’t win this year.” Dustin said to Cinch. “I may not have been one of the best students at your hellhole of a school, but I’ve improved my skills. And once we win, I’ll be sure to rub it in your Botox induced face!”

“Ohohoho. Mate’s got guts talking down to someone like Cinch.” Bruce whispered to Scout, who just nods in agreement. Cinch wasn’t fazed at all at Dustin’s remark. She just had a smug grin plastered on her face.

“Oh, well, we’ll see where your skills lead you once the tournament arrives.” Cinch said with a chuckle.

The area was then flooded by a hoard of cameras, wires, microphones and other such broadcasting equipment, as well as the people who came with it.

"That's it, just act natural." said a crew member from his post on the stage, while a pair of TV crew members pointed their equipment towards the Celestia and Cinch.

"Huh?" asked Dustin.

“Oi! What's all this!?” Bruce asked, just as confused.

"Oh. Perhaps I should mention that the whole tournament will be broadcasted worldwide!" Celestia said with a chuckle.

"No way! We're seriously gonna be on TV?! Our face beamed across the world?! In full HD color and full HD stereo?!" Dustin beamed with excitement.

"At least we can say that everyone back home would watch us duel." shrugged Twilight.

"We hardly ever broadcast our tournaments here. But Maximillion Pegasus has paid the station a lot of money to have this the Canterlot Cup broadcasted. To show the talent of both schools." smiled Luna.

“And it will be a real treat to have millions of people see the look of humiliation on your face when one of us defeats you.” Haze said with a smug grin.

“Oh, just wait! We’ll see who’ll crush who, hoodie!” Dustin said with a smug grin of his own as he and Haze stared each other down.

“I like it! Rivalry between two old enemies.” The cameraman said, adjusting the camera to Haze and Dustin’s direction.

“Ok, everyone, let’s all save the aggression for the Tournament.” Celestia said, and sure enough, everyone began went their separate ways.


Meanwhile


In the hallway, we see Trixie was pacing back and forth, absolutely angry about earlier in the cafeteria.

“How dare that insolent heathen talk down to me and publicly humiliate me in front of the whole school!” Trixie seethed in anger, while unbeknownst to her, her body was emanating a faint black aura.

“If that rapscallion thinks he can get away with this, then he is dead wrong!” Trixie continued to seethe as she punched a nearby locker.

“Perhaps I can provide assistance to your plan of retribution.” A voice said, catching Trixie by surprise. She turns to see none other than Professor Sombra.

“P-Professor Sombra.” Trixie stuttered in surprise, but bowed in total respect. “My sincerest apologies if I disturbed you.” Tries said, her eyes never meeting his.

“No need, Trixie.” Sombra said, making Trixie rise up again. “Now, I do have a way for you to put Hogan in his place.”

“How so?” Trixie asked as Sombra pulled out a briefcase. Sombra then laid it on the ground before opening it, revealing stacks upon stacks of Duel Monsters cards.

“Whoa! Are those…” Trixie trailed off.

“Some of the rarest cards in all of Duel Monsters? Yes they are.” Sombra said with a shit eating grin. “Now, here's a plan that I have in mind. I want you to be his opponent for his field test, and I want you to use these rare cards to defeat him.” Sombra said, and Trixie was stunned upon hearing his plan.

“Wait! Opponents for test duels are picked at random, there’s a strong chance I might not be Hogan's test opponent.” Trixie said, but Sombra still smiled.

“Perhaps you have forgotten who you’re speaking to my dear. I can make it happen.” Sombra said with a chuckle. “And of course, there is a little something in it for yourself.”

Upon hearing this, Trixie had a wicked grin of her own as the dark aura emanated on her body once again while her eyes glow faintly red.


Dustin was in the gym waiting for his field test opponent. Many students were in the bleachers, including his friends and two sisters. Luckily, Dustin’s wait was over as his opponent appeared. But it shocked him to see who his opponent was, none other than Trixie.

“Hello, transfer student. Remember me?” Trixie asked with a smug grin.

“So, you’re my opponent? Meh, fine by me.” Dustin said before Trixie placed a hand up.

“Though, before we start, how about we make this interesting?” Trixie suggested.

“Like?” Dustin asked with a raised eyebrow.

“If you lose, you forfeit your place as CHS representative for the Canterlot Cup.” Trixie said, making everyone gasp, including Dustin.

“What?!” Rainbow asked in total shock. Celestia, Luna, Taiyou and Karen were worried, but Sombra had a wicked smile.

“Ok. Fine.” Dustin said, everyone gasped again, save for Trixie and Sombra.

“Has he lost it!?” Applejack asked in shock.

“Onii-chan, you can’t!” Emille pleaded.

“And what do you want if you win?” Trixie said with a confident smirk.

“Nothing really. The look of humiliation on your face when I beat you is a big enough reward for me.” Dustin said before placing his Deck in the slot of his Duel Disk.

“That’s if you beat me. You can say I've made some adjustments to my Deck.” Trixie said, placing her Deck in her Duel Disk.

Then, when all was said and done, two large podiums emerged from the floor, each had an alicorn statue on top. One had the silhouette of a sun while the other had a crescent moon silhouette, each glowing a multicolored light.

A holographic screen appeared above us as it displayed our names along with counters, revealing their life points.


Trixie LP - 8,000
Dustin LP - 8,000


"Are you both accepting the duel?" The holo-screen announced.

"Hell yeah!" Dustin said with a nod.

"Absolutely!" Trixie said.

"Duel mode engaged. Duelists, shuffle your decks." We both shuffled our deck then placed them back input deck holders.

"Draw your cards," the screen said as we drew their five cards.

"Begin!" the screen said, commencing the duel.

"Duel!" Both Dustin and Trixie yelled as everyone watched.

“The first turn is mine.” Trixie said before drawing her sixth card. The same black aura emanated from her, and the only one who saw this was Dustin.

'What the hell?’ Dustin said as his Gauntlet of Courage flashed. As Dustin examined her, he could see I saw Trixie’s soul, a glowing heart shape that was golden in bright blue, but what caught his attention was a deep purple splotch on it. This had Dustin worried. 'Oh God! That’s not good!

Erena, Emille, the girls and spike also saw this.

“Oh no.” Twilight said in shock.

“Looks like Trixie has a bad seed.” Sunset said in worry.

“And this one is a Pride seed. A bad seed that makes people believe they're higher and more significant than others.” Twilight said.

"First things first, I think that a stage is needed for someone great as I," at the end of her duel blade, a slot opened up and she put in a green card, causing the whole area to become consumed in a blast of white light as the slot closed. "I play the Field Spell, Alchemutation!"

Trixie threw her hand skyward as a massive rainbow-colored magical circle appeared on the ground. The circle had a symbol similar to a universal hexagram in the center, each point had the six usual Attributes of FIRE, WATER, EARTH, WIND, LIGHT and DARK, whole the DIVINE attribute was located in the center.

"Next, I'll play Homunculus the Alchemic Being in Defense Mode." Trixie placed her card on the top of her Duel disk, and a man with red and black skin, leather straps on his arms and legs, a leather blindfold that obscured his eyes and spiked brown hair appeared in front of Trixie before kneeling.

[Homunculus the Alchemic Being/Lv: 4/LIGHT/Plant/ATK: 1800/DEF: 1600]

“And of course, once.per turn, his attribute changes to any attribute I want. So I’ll have him become a FIRE monster.” Trixie said as Homunculus glowed in a red aura.

“Big deal, Trixie! That thing ain’t got nothing on Dustin.” Rainbow called out to Trixie, but Trixie chuckled.

“Not after I use the effect of Alchemutation. And I’ll use it right now!.” Trixie called out as the red fiery aura glowed brighter as Trixie’s dark aura shown once again. “By sacrificing 1 “Homunculus the Alchemic Being” I control per turn, I can bring out 1 “Alchemutant” Fusion Monster from my Extra Deck with the same Attribute.” Trixie explained as Homunculus then erupted into a column of fire.

“Oh crap! This isn’t good!” Dustin said with fear.

“Correct you are. Now, let me introduce you to a true beast!” The flames then died off, revealing a red muscular creature that had the upper body of a humanoid, but the lower half of a snake. It had two horns on top of its head, and it had a dragon’s head in place of a right arm.

“Allow me to introduce you to Alchemutant Vulcanus!” Trixie declared as her new monster released a booming roar to signify its power and supremacy.

[Alchemutant Vulcanus/Lv: 8/FIRE/Pyro/ATK: 3600/DEF: 3200]

“Oh crap!” Dustin shook in fear.

“Oh no! Not Aclhemutants!” Fluttershy said, shaking like a leaf.

“He better be careful. Something tells me Dustin’s in for a real fight.” Spike said, just as scares as Dustin is.

“I shall place two face-down cards, and end it here.” Trixie puts them in two empty slots, with giant versions showing up briefly before they vanished. "Your move!"

"Gladly! Here goes." Dustin prays the card that he’s about to pull will give him an edge before drawing it. Dustin then sees the card that he drew, and examined his hand before planning a strategy. "Alright! First thing I do is summon Gem-Knight Garnet in Defense Mode!" Dustin said before a humanoid figure dressed in reddish orange armor appeared before kneeling.

[Gem-Knight Garnet/Lv: 4/EARTH/Pyro/ATK: 1900/DEF: 0]

“And I'll also place 2 cards face down. I think that’s all I can do at the moment.” Dustin said, to which Trixie smirked.

Trixie grinned and drew her next card. "That’s all? Truly a shame." Trixie then examined her hand. “I, on the other hand, will play Monster Reborn to bring Homunculus back!” Trixie declared as Homunculus returned back to Trixie’s field. “And while he’s out, I’ll change his attribute again. Only this time, the Attribute I chose is Water.” As Trixie said this, Homunculus glowed in a bright blue aura that seemed like moving water.

“Oh come on! Seriously!?” Rainbow called out.

“Now I send Homunculus back to the graveyard to bring out another Alchemutant. And since Homunculus was a WATER monster, I can bring out a WATER Alchemutant.” Trixie said as Homunculus glowed bright blue for a moment before vanishing in a column of water. One the water subsided, a new creature emerged. It resembled a mermaid with a head that was a cross between human and octopus, webbed hands, and a long fish tail with a dorsal fin that trailed down her spine. “Meet Alchemutant Undina!”

[Alchemutant Undina/Lv: 8/WATER/Aqua/ATK: 3600/DEF: 3200]

“I'm not scared of that big sardine!” Dustin said defiantly.

“Oh, just wait! You will be when she attacks! Undina, give that Garnet a pressure wash! TIDAL TORRENT! Trixie ordered, and her monster followed by firing a pressurized stream if water from both hands. But before the attack reached its mark, Dustin smirked.

“Not happening, Trixie! From my hand, I activate the effect of Parasite Paranoid, equipping him to your big mackerel!” Dustin said as he showed the card in his hand. Then, the blue parasitic insect appeared and latched into Undina.

“What good will that do you?” Trixie asked with a raised eyebrow.

“You're about to find out right now!” Dustin then tapped the button on his duel disk, revealing his set card. “I activate the Quick-Play Spell, Cocoon of Ultra Evolution!” Dustin said, making Trixie gasp at this.

“No!” Trixie said in horror.

“That’s right! Now by sacrificing an Insect monster on the field that is equipped with an Equip Card, I can bring out any Insect I want.” Dustin explained as Undina was encased in a golden cocoon. As Sombra observed this, he was not pleased that his plan was going south.

'Dammit! This boy is becoming a real nuisance!’ Sombra thought to himself, seething in anger.

“And I think I know just Insect I want to bring out.” Dustin said as the gold cocoon showed cracks. “Lets give a warm welcome to my favorite six-legged friend, Great Moth!” The cocoon then exploded, revealing a massive green moth before the insect took flight, landing beside Dustin.

[Great Moth/Lv: 8/EARTH/Insect/ATK: 2600/DEF: 2500]

“You may have gotten rid of Undina, but I still have Vulcanus out on the field! Vulcanus, burn that oversized pest into a crisp!” Trixie declared as Vulcanus aimed his dragon headed arm at Great Moth. “BRIMSTONE BLAST!

And with that, Vulcanus fired a massive, molten ball of burning charcoal at Great Moth’s direction.

“Don’t think so! I activate my second face-down card! The Trap Card, Draining Shield!” Dustin said, making Trixie wide eyed in shock as a massive shield appeared in front of Great Moth.

“With it, not only is your attack negated, but I also gain life points equal to the attacking monster' original attack points!” The burning coal ball bounced off the shield before fading away.


Dustin LP – 11,600


“Dash it all! Fine! I’ll just end it there!” Trixie growled in anger.

“Then it’s my move then!” Dustin drew his next card. “I activate Card of Sanctity. Now we both draw until our hands contain six cards.” Dustin said before he and Trixie did as the card instructed. “Next, I play Creature Swap. Now I trade my Gem-Knight Garnet with your Alchemutant Vulcanus!”

NO!” Trixie yelled in shock as both monsters changed places.

"Yeah! Go, Dustin!" Spike cheered.

“Show her who’s boss, Onii-chan!” Emille joined Spike on the cheering.

“Now I play Kaiser Seahorse in Defense Mode!” Dustin said a humanoid figure clad in purple-blue armor and armed with a spear and shield appeared in front of Dustin in a kneeling position.

[Kaiser Seahorse/Lv: 4/LIGHT/Sea Serpent/ATK: 1700/DEF: 1650]

"Next I activate Raigeki! So Sao adios to Garnet!" Dustin declared as Gem Knight Garnet was struck by a bolt of lightning before exploding to bits.

“Hmph! Big deal!” Trixie said with a smug grin.

“Oh it’s a very big deal, Trixie!” Dustin said, making Trixie worried a little. “Next I play the Spell Card, Effect Recycle!”

'DAMN IT!’ Sombra thought in shock.

“While this card is out, I can banish 1 card in either one of our graves, then activate one of its two effects based on the banished card. If I banished a monster, I can pop out a Recycle Token with the same stats, type, attribute and effect as the banished monster. But if I banished a spell or trap card, I can use that banished card's effect. Now I banish my Card of Sanctity to use its effect again, giving me more cards to add to my hand.” Dustin said as he drew four more cards from his deck.

“Next I play Tribute to the Doomed! By discarding a card from my hand, I can destroy 1 monster of my Choosing. And I’ll use it to destroy Vulcanus!” Dustin said as he discarded a card, and Vulcanus roared out before shattering to pieces.

“But why get rid of Vulcanus when you could have used him to damage my life points?” Trixie asked with confusion.

“You'll see. Now I use Kaiser Seahorse’s effect.” Dustin said, this made Trixie gasp yet again. “And while I'm at it, I’ll play Double Summon. Now I can Tribute my Sea Horse to bring out a much better monster!” Kaiser Seahorse then began to spark with electricity before he was encased in a ball of electrical energy. The ball then began to expand until it vanished, revealing a massive humanoid figure dressed in silvery armor, red horn-like spikes emerging from his shoulder pads, and a mop of spiky green hair on his head.

“No! Not him! Not him!” Trixie declared in fear.

“That’s right! Say hello to Zaborg, the Mega Monarch!” Dustin said as thunder crashed and lightning rained down.

[Zaborg the Mega Monarch/Lv: 8/LIGHT/Thunder/ATK: 2800/DEF: 1000]

'DAMMIT!’ Sombra mentally swore as he watched the events unfold before him.

“You think I don’t know about the Alchemutants, Trixie?” Dustin asked, surprising Trixie. “I think I know what you’ve been planning!” Dustin, and Trixie started to get worried.

“Huh?” Erena asked in confusion.

“You see, the moment you brought out Vulcanus and Undina, I hypothesized that you had the others. The Alchemutants come in seven attributes! Including DIVINE!” As Dustin said this, Trixie really started to worry, knowing that she had been found out. “So, you’re planning to bring out the DIVINE Alchemutant named “Alchemutant Deus'' to grant you an instant win once you somehow manage to get the remaining six to your graveyard. Am I correct?”

Everyone gasped upon hearing this. But Sombra and Trixie were the most shocked.

NO! HOW DID HE FIGURE THAT OUT?!’ Trixie thought in horror.

“But it will not work! For now I activate Zaborg’s effect. When he’s successfully summoned, I can destroy 1 monster on the field, then we both send cards up to the the destroyed monster’s Level or Rank from both of our Extra Decks straight to the Graveyard. And if he was brought out using a LIGHT monster, I can choose the cards you send to the graveyard."

NO! THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING!” Trixie called out in fear.

“It is! And the monster I choose to destroy is…Zaborg himself!” Dustin declared as Zaborg crackled with electricity. “So that’s eight cards we lose from our Extra Decks! Say bye-bye to your remaining Alchemutants, and whatever else you have in your extra deck!” Then Zaborg exploded, causing electricity to strike both Trixie and Dustin’s Extra Decks. Trixie could do nothing but look in shock as she lost her biggest chance of victory.

"Now I activate the effect of Cocoon of Ultra Evolution from my graveyard. During my Main Phase: I can banish it rom my graveyard in order to shuffle 1 Insect monster in my graveyard into my Deck, then I can draw 1 card.” Dustin said with a smug grin. “So now I shuffle Metamorphosed Insect Queen that I discarded with Tribute to the Doomed from my grave back to the deck.” Dustin said before the card emerge from the graveyard slot, and once it was shuffled back to the deck, Dustin drew his needed card.

“Next I switch Great Moth from Defense to Attack Mode!” Dustin said as his moth took flight. “Great Moth, attack her life points directly! Show her the meaning of the phrase float like a butterfly and sting like a bee!” Dustin declared as Great Moth fired two tornadoes from its wings, and Trixie tried to keep her footing as the winds damaged her life points.


Trixie LP - 5400


“And to finish off, I’ll place the card I drew with Cocoon of Ultra Evolution face-down.” Dustin said with a smug grin.

“Smile while you still can, you fool!” Trixie said before drawing her next card. And When she saw what she pulled, she had a wicked smile. “I activate Pot of Greed. Now I draw two more cards” Trixie drew her two cards, and smile even bigger at what she drew.

“Such as the Spell Card known as Ancient Rules! Now I can summon a level 5 or higher monster from my hand without any tributes. And that comes in handy when I have this! The legendary DARK MAGICIAN!.” Trixie laughed as one of the most iconic monsters in all of Duel Monsters appeared beside Trixie. But this Dark Magician was clad in red armor, had tan skin, white hair, and had a look of malice on his face.

[Dark Magician/Lv: 7/DARK/Spellcaster/ATK: 2500/DEF: 2100]

“Next I play Self-Duplication! And I’ll use it to make four more Dark Magicians!” Trixie said as four copies of Dark Magician appeared on the field. “But why stop there when I can boost their power with this!?” Trixie revealed a card that showed a picture of a blue circle with an E on it and electricity in the background.

“What?” Dustin asked in shock!

“Oh no! Negative Energy!” Sunset said with a gasp of shock.

“That's right! Now the attack points of all DARK monsters on the field are permanently tripled!” Trixie chuckled as each Dark Magician emitted a deep purple aura.

(Dark Magician; ATK – 7500)

HOLY CRAP! 7500 ATTACK POINTS EACH!?” Rainbow asked in total shock.

“Oh my…” Fluttershy whispered in fear.

“It's payback time! Dark Magician number one, squish that oversized pest! DARK MAGIC ATTACK!” Trixie declared as the first dark magician fired a dark energy blast from his staff, making Great Moth screech in pain before shattering to bits.

Dustin LP - 6700

ONII-CHAN!” Erena and Emille called out in worry.

“Crap! There goes his only line of defense!” Sunset said in worry.

Hehehe. Finally, Trixie managed to turn the tables!’ Sombra thought with a smug grin.

“Dark Magician number two, attack this fool directly, and put him in his place!” Trixie ordered and the second Dark Magician followed its command by firing another dark magical blast at Dustin.

“I can't watch!” Emille said as she covered her eyes.

“Just what I’ve been waiting for!” Dustin said before tapping a button on his Duel Disk. “I activate my Trap Card! Necro Fusion!”

WHAT!?” Trixie asked in shock.

WHERE IN THE HELL DID HE GET THAT?!” Sombra asked, just as shocked as Trixie was.

“I'll use this card to banish both Elemental HEROs Great Tornado and Nova Master from my graveyard to fusion summon Ultra HERO Supernova!” Dustin said as a familiar flaming warrior appears besides Dustin.

[Ultra HERO Supernova/Lv: 8/FIRE/Warrior/ATK: 3000/DEF: 2500]

“Big deal! Too bad he’ll join your six-legged pet in the grave!” Trixie said with a smirk.

“True, he’ll be going to the grave, but he’s about to do so in a blaze of glory!” Dustin said as Supernova was enveloped in a column of fire, causing the Dark Magician clone’s attack to bounce off.

“Huh?! What's happening?!” Trixie asked, starting to get worried again.

“Supernova’s special ability, that's what's happening! You see, by sacrificing himself once during either of our battle phases, he destroys all monsters you have in attack mode, and inflicts their combined original attack points as damage straight to you!” Dustin said, now Trixie was really shaking in fear as she witnessed the events unfold. “Supernova, lets show her how it works! BLAZING STARBURST!

And with that, Supernova emitted an immense explosion, taking down all five of Trixie’s Dark Magicians, as well as what was left of her life points.

Trixie LP - 0

"Dustin Hogan! You are the victor!" The screen said as the students present cheered him on.

"How... How is this possible?!" Trixie asked as she fell to her knees. "This is a travesty! A TRAVESTY!"

“Game, set, match!” Dustin said with a thumbs down with a victorious smile.

“You did it, Onii-chan!” Erena said as she and Emille ran don to embrace Dustin in a tight hug.

THAT’S NOT POSSIBLE! NOT AFTER ALL OF THOSE RARE CARDS I LEANT TO TRIXIE! THIS SIMPLY CAN'T BE!’ Sombra thought to himself as he was so angry and shocked that his entire plan went down the crapper.

“Looks like your plan was all for naught, Sombra.” Celestia said to Sombra, catching him off guard. Dustin, Erena and Emille heard of this too.

“Huh?” Erena asked with confusion.

“I…I know not what you’re insinuating!” Sombra lied.

“Oh? Then, perhaps a little visual aid is in order?” Celestia said before pulling out a remote. And with a press of the button, the screen displayed footage of Sombra’s confrontation with Trixie earlier. And needless to say, everybody was shocked at what they were watching.

“Uh...” Sombra just stammered, knowing he’d been caught.

“I had a feeling something screwy was going on!” Dustin said, glaring at Sombra.

“I'll deal with you later, Sombra.” Celestia said before glaring at Trixie. “And as for you, Trixie Lulamoon, not only will you be getting an F on your field test, but you will also be getting a month’s worth of after school detention for improper conduct!”

Trixie stood up, but not before glaring at Dustin for one last time.

"Remember this day, Hogan! You've not heard the last of me!” said Trixie as she pulled out a smoke bomb and threw it to the ground, making her escape.


After school was over, Dustin and the gang were at a pizza parlor to celebrate acing his field test.

"Cheers to Dustin and his incredible victory." Celestia raised her glass for a toast.

"Here, here." The others announced, clinking their glasses.

"I still can't forget the look on Trixie's face when she lost to you, dude! Priceless!" Rainbow said with a laugh.

"And the nerve of Sombra!" Karen said, still upset about Sombra's antics. "To think he would result to such underhanded antics to publicly humiliate my baby." Karen then embraced Dustin in a tight grip.

"Mom!" Dustin protested, making the other girls go "aw" at seeing this.

"Speaking of Sombra, how'd ya punish him for earlier?" Applejack asked Celestia.

"Three weeks of suspension with no pay." Celestia said with a grin.

"Hey, three whole weeks without seeing his ugly mug is fine with me." Dustin said before taking a bite.

"Same here, my boy." Taiyou said, patting Dustin's back.