• Published 19th Apr 2020
  • 2,481 Views, 90 Comments

Part Dragon, Part Princess - Ultimus Pendragon



Spike and Cadence both have their opinion on Twilight Sparkle, and neither is good. For all they know, they're trapped in each other's bodies forever thanks to Twilight.

  • ...
2
 90
 2,481

Plan B, and Plan D

Author's Note:

Welcome back, all. Hope you enjoy this one just like all the others, and if there's anything I can improve on, or if you want to just comment for fun, go right ahead.

''Everybody's got plans. . .until they get hit.''

-Mike Tyson.

Twilight, Spike, and Cadence all began their long trek back to Ponyville to hopefully come up with a valid idea of what could actually be done to reverse the spell and get rid of the myriad of feeling the pair were no doubt feeling from every second they stayed in each other's bodies, along with their respective duties made for a stressful, but memorable time together.

''I've almost never seen her like this, have you?'' Spike asked, whispering to Cadence who looked upon Twilight trot with her head hung as low as it would physically go before it began to hurt, her eye as wide as dinner plates, and her magic sputtering in and out as she attempted to try to think of ding something that could possibly helo, only for her mind to barely snap her back to reality to stop before she made things worse than they already were. ''She seems so-'' Cadence interrupted the drake-mind swapped Alicorn as she also began to rack her brain on any other time that may have come close to Twilight have this. . .meltdown.

''-Detached; oh, Spike. I don't think we may be able to get out of this as easy as any of us thought, at least not without something close to a miracle to 'magically' make this go away.'' Cadence said, laying her head on the back of Spike's neck, which was also her neck as he walked behind Twilight on her walk of shame back home where if the two of them collectively knew about Twilight would be that she would end up throwing an aptly named 'refit', which was a research fit before she would end up literally taking said rage out on doing advanced math only to realize her original problem and loop back around until somepony brought her back to her senses. ''I would have never expected Twilight to do something quite like this.''

Spike chuckled under his breath. Of course, nopony ever expected something to happen until it actually did. But something he did have a knack for understanding would be that most things in the wide, wide world of Equestria seemed to happen with a reason to eventually resolve itself, and he would soon think that his current situation would be no different.

Hopefully.

''What are we going to now? Have we considered anything that Twilight may not have thought of? Celestia could be a consult on this since she gave Twilight the spell, or. . .maybe Discord! He doesn't conform to the laws of the world, so maybe we could try writing a letter to him,'' Cadence figured, trying to think of something that could help make the situation anymore better than what the pair was going through, so whatever shred of hope that had would have to be enough for the moment.

''I wonder where he is, by the way,'' Spike said, walking with a small amount of interest in his voice as the thought of the spirit of disharmony was, and to what end something he would be able to do to help with the spell.


''Yo, Discord! You get back in the game, or what?'' Discord heard the sound of one of his gaming partners trying to get him back into his intense game of high-stakes poker, to which he was currently in the lead, though the other 3 partners had no idea of his advantage over them. Looking at his cards and smirking, Discord thought off the feeling that washed over him. Was. . .somepony calling for him?

''Yes, yes, apologies. I thought I felt something a moment ago.''


Twilight sat back at her table where it all began, looking back at the parchment that her teacher sent her, and she had wished that the entire debacle was something that was a bad dream, but no matter what she tried to tell herself, the same conclusion came to her mind; this was something that occurred due to her thirst for knowledge. She attempted to try and look up who exactly came up with the spell; or more importantly, the last known usage besides this one would be of some help in ascertaining what exactly happened to cause the spell to be used in the manner that Twilight did.

''Where did it all go so wrong? The spell was designed to allow you to hear the thoughts of others because the creator defined it for reconnaissance, so maybe the language for the spell was altered by somepony as it transferred down and transcribed. . .'' Twilight muttered, desperately trying to cross-reference the last-known user of the spell. ''You would think this would be something that would have more care put into it if you wanted to hear anypony's thoughts.''

The quiet of the library was the only peace that Twilight managed to have as Spike and Cadence spent their time by themselves, doing whatever they could do to try and make their situation anymore better than the impending fate that would undoubtedly befall them if anything had occurred. ''Huh?'' Twilight looked over to the center of the room, where the noise that almost had sounded, making her ears flick back and a small light to come as a spark before a violent torrent of wind threw around all the parchment, papers, and anything else that wasn't heavily weighed down enough for it to join the maelstrom.

''What's going on?'' Twilight backed away, seeing the bright light slowly dissipate before a shape walked out of it, the language seeming non-threatening, but failing to fully assure her. Slowly, Twilight looked to see. . .herself? ''Uh. . .''

This Twilight seemed a tiny bit different, evident by her frazzled mane and tail that, while not cut up as her last future self, it was notably rearranged along with the presence of her eye color being. . .green? If this was anything like the last time, then Twilight wanted next to nothing to do with-

''-Twilight, please just listen to me!'' Twilight heard her time-traveling self with the different eye color frantically attempt to explain why she was doing what she was before she would end up shutting herself down. This was important, this was the thing that she needed to do if the future had any hope of becoming stable-ish. ''This isn't what you think!''

''Uh, yeah, right. The last we. . .I mean, me; well the me that was did something like this, it ended up being a literal pony chase to tell myself not to worry just because I didn't actually think about a disaster that never happened,'' Twilight said, turning around and waving herself off essentially as she knew that anything that would have to be said would no doubt be a hindrance where she would like it to be a-

''-It involves Spike and Cadence.''

Okay. That may have changed things.

''Well, what are you waiting for? Tell me what I have to do to get them back to normal! The sooner, the better for all of us, and for Spike to stop and trying to eat gems without breaking a tooth and me having to do a repair spell. . .again.'' Twilight saw the other Twilight take something out of her saddlebag and give it to her, her eyes glossing over what was in front of her.

''I can't tell you; you know time travel rules and all, but I can show you.'' Twilight heard the almost hesitance in her voice. There was something else going on. ''And I know it seems like it'll be counter-intuitive in a way, but they're gonna have to these things in order if they want to have any chance of normality.''

The present Twilight wanted to disagree. Spike and Cadence had the unfortunate, and really the only option to try and get back to any amount of normal would be to. . .use relics from the past?