• Published 31st Mar 2020
  • 3,836 Views, 15 Comments

Dancing With The Shadows - Vocal Sweets



What happens when Princess Twilight Sparkle marries The Lord of Chaos? Happily Ever Afters are for everypony right? Or maybe not all fairytales are meant to have a happy ending.

  • ...
6
 15
 3,836

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 5: A Welcoming Visitor

Thursday

Since Monday night, everypony was giving each other the silent treatment. Three days. Three days and nopony decides to apologize.

Discord and Shining decided to keep their distance from each other. As for Twilight, she remains stuck in her room.

There was a knock on Twilight's bedroom door. “Twilight? Are you okay?” Tempest calls out. She wipes away her tear streaked face with her hooves. “Yeah, I'm fine.” Twilight calls out. Tempest opens the door to her bedroom, a look of hurt and sorrow displayed on her face.

“I heard what happened last night,” Tempest said, standing in Twilight's doorway. “I can't believe Shining said that to you.”

“Yeah? Well I can't believe what I said to Shining. I mean we never had a single fight when we were kids, sure we had a few disagreements here and there, but nothing like this.” Twilight sighed, her eyes downcasted on the ground.

“If you ask me Shining Armor has a right to be upset with you. I mean you keep this from him for almost six months.” Tempest said.

“Whose side are you on?” Twilight asked.

“N-no one's,” Tempest said. “It’s just.. don't you think he deserved to know sooner?” She asks Twilight in a gentle tone.

“Yeah, but he would have still flipped out.” Mutters Twilight.

Tempest sighs. “Maybe if you would have told him sooner, it wouldn't have led you to where you are now.”

Twilight thought for a moment. “Maybe you're right.”

Twilight got up from the bed and made her way to the door. “Where are you going?” Questions Tempest.

“I'm going to find Shining.” Twilight said.

***

“Shining?” Twilight knocks on the guest bedroom door.

No answer.

“Look, I know you're mad at me. I didn't mean to say what I said. You are my rock when I need you. I know I should have told you sooner, but I was so scared of what you might think. Maybe if I told you sooner, it wouldn't have led to all of this. I just want to say that I'm sorry and I hope that you could find it in your heart to forgive me.”

Twilight waits for a moment, still no answer. “Okay, something is off.” Thought Twilight.

She opens the door to Shining Armor’s room. Sadly he wasn't there. Twilight scans the room. “He must have left last night,” Mutters Twilight. She looks on the nightstand and sees a note stuck under a half full glass of water.

She removed the glass of water and picked up the paper.

Twily,

I went back to Canterlot. I'll be back Friday. Just have a lot on my mind right now.

Xoxo,

Shining Armor

“Great, I didn't even get the chance to apologize and he is already gone,” Twilight mutters. She looks down at the note once more before crumbling up and tossing it into the nearby trash can.

With her ears down folded. A saddened expression etched onto her face as she exits the room, shutting the door behind her.

“Hey, Twilight?” Twilight quickly unfolds her ears and wipes away the tears that threatened to fall.

It was Tempest, who was calling her.

“I'm here, Tempest.” Calls Twilight from the hallway.

“Good! I found you.” Tempest says breathing a sigh of relief.

“What seems to be the problem?” Questions Twilight.

“Starlight did another one of those complex spells, that she seems to always have trouble undoing.” Explains Tempest.

Twilight groans. “I've told that mare time and time again that magic is never the answer to solving your problems. But does she listen? No. Seems to me she will never learn that,” Twilight mutters the last bit to herself.

“Okay, where is she?” She asks in a drained voice.

“She's in the library, at least that's where I last saw her.” Tempest says.

Twilight, accompanied by Tempest, both walk down the long hallway. A sharp needle like pain pierced through Twilight. She stops, wincing in pain. Tempest notices and stops suddenly.

“Your highness, are you okay?” Asks Tempest in a worried tone.

Once the pain subsided, Twilight shook it off. “Yeah, Tempest I'm fine. Now let's go find Starlight so I can reverse whatever spell she did this time.”

Twilight continues to walk on, but her guard keeps a close eye on her from behind.

***

Using her aura she opens the double doors, Twilight spoke into the darkness. “Starlight you better not be-”

The lights to the library snap on.

“Surprise!” Everypony shouts.

“I thought you said Starlight was using dangerous complex magic? Tempest, What is all of this?” Twilight asks.

Tempest looks at her friend. “Hey, if you ask me it was all Pinkie's idea. I only take orders from you other than the Welders of The Elements of Harmony of course.” Tempest said.

“It's your baby shower, duh!” Pinkie Pie, says in a sing-song like voice.

Anypony who was everypony was here: the Princesses’, her friends, Ember, Spike, Thorax, and others. The library was jammed packed, but yet spacious enough to move around in.

“But how did you know what I was having?” Twilight questions her pink friend.

“Uh, Pinkie Sense?” Pinkie then took off, as puff a pink smoke evaporated into thin air.

Twilight giggles at her friend's bizarre weirdness. She will have to remind herself to ask Pinkie later how she really figured it out.

“Hey Twilight! Congratulations!” A familiar voice calls out. Twilight turns around to be greeted by an old friend.

Sunset Shimmer.

“Sunset! You came!” Twilight said, in a surprised voice.

Sunset giggles. “Of course I did.” She gave Twilight a hug.

A hoof taps Twilight on the back, interrupting the hug between Sunset and Twilight. Twilight took a step back, spinning around Twilight came face to face with Princess Celestia.

Since what happened last month, Twilight could not bring herself to apologize to her former mentor and friend. Twilight gazes to the ground in shame, knowing that she hurt the pony she looked up to the most crushed her spirit.

Celestia looks at Twilight for a moment, before a gentle expression settled on her face. She placed her hoof under Twilight's chin, looking at her with calmness and understanding in her eyes.

“Twilight-” the Princess started.

“Princess Celestia, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to-” Twilight said, tears prick at the corner of her eyes.

Celestia gave her a gentle smile. “Twilight, I have already forgiven you.” She gives Twilight a hug. Twilight embraces her former mentor and friend's warm embrace. Twilight took a step back, she stayed silent for a moment.

“Congratulations by the way,” She says, in a calming tone. “But you know, you could have told me that you were pregnant. I would have understood.”

“How did you-” Twilight wonders, gazing at Celestia.

“Know? Well, let's just say a little bird told me.” Celestia muses.

“Let me guess, that little birdie wouldn't happen to be Flurry Heart would it?” Twilight let out a soft laughter.

“Yeah,” Celestia replies, with a soft giggle.

“That little filly was great at keeping it a secret for a little while.” Said Twilight.

“Hey, you told me not to tell Daddy, but I had to tell somepony.” Flurry says, walking over to the group.

“You must be Flurry Heart, Twilight's niece.” Sunset said, looking at the young Alicorn. “She has told me so much about you.”

“That I am, but she has told me nothing about you. Who are you, exactly?” Flurry says, her voice sweet and innocent.

“Flurry Heart!” Scolded Twilight. “Mind your manners.”

Sunset looks at the young Alicorn agaped.”No Twilight, it's okay.” Soothes Sunset, looking at Twilight.

She turns her attention back to Flurry Heart. “Well if you must know, My name is Sunset Shimmer. Your aunt was the one who helped me become the pony I am today.” Sunset smiles down at the little filly.

“Oh, well it's nice to meet you Miss. Shimmer.” Flurry gives a toothy smile. “Sorry about the rude encounterment.” Apologizes Flurry.

“It's okay, sweetie. Trust me I was getting dirty looks the past two years where I come from. Well three and a half if you count what happened the last time I was there.” Sunset said.

“Where are you from, exactly?” Flurry wonders.

“Well I'm actually from the other wor-” Sunset stated, but Twilight quickly stops her.

“She's from Manehatten!” Twilight interrupts.

Flurry and Sunset both gave Twilight a confusing glance. “Uh, Flurry could you excuse Miss.Shimmer and I for just a moment? I need to show her where the gift table is.” Excuses Twilight.

“But I didn't bring you anything, Twili-” Sunset states.

“Pfft, of course you did. Now come on, I'll show you where you can set your gift down.” Twilight said, dragging Sunset away from the filly.

Sunset and Twilight walk towards the gift table.

“Twilight, why did you just tell your niece that was from the other world?” Sunset questions.

“I would have, but Flurry is really too young to understand. Plus she's a rather curious filly. I mean what if she decides to cross over to the other world.” Said Twilight.

“I highly doubt that would happen, Twilight.” Sunset said.

“But it could! You just never know, Sunset.” Said Twilight.

Sunset giggles. “Okay, okay. You have a fair point.” Sunset eyes the amount of presents on the table.

“Woah! You definitely have a lot of gifts to open.” Sunset gawks at the amount of presents that were displayed before them.

“I try to think that those gifts are for the baby and not for me, but hey I'm the mother so technically half of those gifts might as well be mine.” Twilight says, eyeing the amount of presents.

Both of them burst into a fit of laughter.

“Hey, Twilight.” A voice called from behind.

Twilight's body went tense, before relaxing. Sunset looked at Twilight, before looking behind her and realizing why she looked so on edge.

“Uh, I'll leave you two alone.” Sunset said. Before leaving, she whispers into Twilight’s ear. “If you need me. You know where to find me.” She trots in the other direction.

Twilight took a calming breath before turning around to find the face of her dear beloved brother.

Twilight was about to open her mouth to speak, but Shining Armor spoke up. Twilight remains quiet hearing out what the stallion had to say.

“I forgive you Twily.” He wraps his hooves around his sister’s neck.

Twilight quickly pushes back, her eyebrows knitted in confusion. “I realize that instead of fighting with you. I should have heard you out. It was unfair of me to lash out on you like that, and I'm sorry. I guess I still have a smidge of that big brother protectiveness role that I feel like I still need to play in your life, even if you are all grown up. I will always see you as my baby sister.” Shining gave Twilight a soft smile.

Tears lined the corners of Twilight's eyes. “Oh Shining, you're my BBBFF that will never change. Sure we both said things that we didn't mean, but that doesn't mean we stopped caring for each other.” Said Twilight, her tone soft and caring.

“Also the things that I said to you about Discord, I will try and get along with him for you and the baby's sake.” Shining said.

Twilight broke into a grin. “Sure Discord is annoying in his own chaotic way, but you'll learn to like him in the long run. Trust me, I learned it the hard way.” Twilight giggles to herself.

A sharp pain pierced through Twilight. She winces once more in pain. “Twilight? Are you okay?” Shining asked, concerned for his sister.

“I'm fine Shining really.” Twilight said, her tone remaining calm.

Shining looks at his sister with concern. “Besides,” Twilight said, hoping to change the subject. “You ruined my chances at apologizing first.” She giggles.

“Actually no I didn't.” Shining flashed her a grin.

“Yes you- wait what?” Twilight questions her brother’s slight confusing grin.

“Yes you did, you just didn't notice.” Shining still had the same goofy smile. Twilight was still confused, but Shining continues. “I was coming in from guard duty-”

“Were you really on guard duty?” Twilight asks, a smug smile played on her lips.

“Yea- no,” Shining hung his head in defeat. “Well I was there for maybe for five minutes, but only to find out that patrolling was short for the coming weekend. So I just happened to walk into the room, so I decided to stop in and listen in on the conversation.”

He chuckled to himself. “You had a conversation with a door.”

Twilight turned crimson red with embarrassment. “Well at least my apology was sincere.” She taunted.

“Well mine was too.” Shining taunted back. He then chuckled back, ruffling Twilight's mane, playful.

Twilight giggled back, wrapping her hooves once more around her brother's neck.

She was thankful that her and her brother were once again close. She hated arguing with him and leaving it on bad terms.

“Come on. I think there may be a few gifts with your name on it.” Shining said, his voice rather playful and teasing.

Twilight giggles. “A few?”

Shining levitated a few of the gifts. “I'll help you take some of these gifts to the front of the room.”

“Um about that, I don't think I want to teleport half of the gifts to possibility of them ending up in Saddle Arabia. My magic is still a bit unstable.” Said Twilight.

“Oh right, I forgot about that.” Shining said, lowering the gifts. “Let me go get Cadence and Flurry to help you.”

Shining went off to find his wife and daughter.

Twilight made her way to the couch. Everypony crowds around her, as Shining, Cadence and Flurry bring the gifts displaying them at Twilight's hooves.

Twilight gave the small family of three a warm smile, silently thanking them.

Twilight grabs the first gift that caught her eye. It was a red bag, tied with a white ribbon and stuffed with checkerboard like paper.

The tag was signed: Applejack. Twilight removed the paper to reveal a soft-cotton made quilt. The design had all of their cutie marks stitched onto it.

“Applejack, this is beautiful.” Twilight said, looking at the embroidery.

Applejack tips her hat, but smiles at her friend. “Ah shucks, Sugarcube. I can't take all the credit. Rarity actually helped me with it. So I guess you could say it's from the both of us.” Applejack said.

“Well thank you, both of you.” Twilight smiles.

“You're welcome, darling.” Rarity says.

“Think you could open mine next Twilight? You're going to love what I got the little-” Rainbow interject, but somepony cuts her off.

“Ooh! Me next!” Pinkie beams.

Twilight giggles at her quirky friend, scouting out Pinkie Pie’s gift. It was in another bag, but this bag had confetti on it and it was big, very big.

Twilight pulls out an oversized plush and soft teddy bear, it smelled strongly of Chocolate and a hint of bubble gum. Once Twilight didn't answer, Pinkie gave her the answer she was looking for.

“It’s a giant teddy bear, Twilight. It’s soft enough to sleep on so it feels just like a cloud.” Pinkie says, beaming proudly at her gift.

“Well thank you, Pinkie.” Twilight said, sitting the bear to the side.

Twilight moved onto Rainbow's gift. The box was wrapped in a cyan blue wrapping paper, once Twilight held the present in her hoofs, whatever was inside was extremely light.

Twilight tears open the wrapping paper, to reveal a box. Twilight opens the box only to reveal that nothing was inside. “What the hay Rainbow?” Twilight looked at the cyan blue pegasus with a confused expression.

“Hold your horses, your highness.” Rainbow said, she holds a crib device on her hooves. “Bam! A Cloudsdale mobile.”

“So you gave me an empty box, only to have the gift already available and fixed. When I could have just fixed it myself.” Twilight said.

“I was saving you time.” Rainbow says.

Twilight giggles.

5 hours later

After five additional hours of going through gifts, Twilight looks at the array of gifts from pacifiers, bibs, sleepers, diapers, and clothes. Rarity prays and hopes to Celestia that the foal is pony-shaped.

The party was starting to wind down, everypony was leaving and Twilight stayed with her friends and family members. “Thank you for throwing this shower for me Starlight.” Twilight said, thankful for her friend.

“It’s no trouble Twilight, but I wouldn’t have had it all done if it wasn’t for Pinkie and the rest of our friends.” Starlight explains.

“At least you have everything you need for when the baby arrives.” Sunset said, gestertering at the pile of gifts on the table-still some was wrapped.

Twilight gave a light giggle. “We can’t wait to be grandparents for the third time.” Nightlight said.

“Third time?” Twilight asks, slightly confused.

“Oh! Cadence and Shining didn’t tell you dear?” Twilight Velvet asks.

“Tell me what?” Twilight asked, now having her full attention directed to the Princess of Love.

“Oh right! I kind of forgot to mention that you’re a aunt for the second time.” Cadence said, shuffling her hoof.

“When did this happen?” Twilight questions a smirk held on her lips.

“You know that’s besides the point.” Shining said, his face slightly red.

“Well, why didn’t you bring them to the shower?” Twilight asks.

Cadence gave an amusing smile. “I don’t think a party of this sorts is fit for a two year old.” Cadence explains.

“Besides we left her in the care of Sunburst for this evening.” Shining said, agreeing with his wife.

“Do you already have a name for the little one?” Fluttershy asks.

“Of course it's-” Twilight stops mid sentence, pain hits her once again, this time a bit more sharper than the last.

“Books.” Twilight said. Remembering her word for when it was time for the baby to come. However she didn’t expect them to be this early.

“Twilight you have a millions of books here! The princess should have given you the title “Princess of Books.” Pinkie Pie said.

“Twilight?” Celestia asks, her tone worried for her friend/former student.

Twilight stopped, standing emotionless. Her ears ring, and her body feels rigid and on edge. Something felt off and she knew something was wrong. She felt funny, like she wanted to pass out.

“Twilight, are you okay?” Fluttershy asks, concerned.

Twilight shook her head. “I think the baby is coming.” Twilight groaning in pain.

“Okay honey, just breath. “ Twilight Velvet, said helping her daughter control the pain she was feeling.

“I’ll go get Discord hang on, Twi.” Rainbow Dash said, speeding off.

Discord appearances into existence. “Twilight what's wrong? All I got out of Rainbow Dash was: Twilight, Discord, and Baby. I swear that mare was rapid talking, more than Pinkie, but those were the only words I could get out of her.” He says.

“That's because the baby is coming.” Twilight said, through bearing teeth.

“I thought the baby wasn't due for another three months?!” Discord asks, panic laced in his voice.

“Well, I’m sorry it’s not my fault that the baby decided to come today.” Twilight said, her tone sarcastic, as she groans in pain.

“Jeez she’s even moody when she is in pain.” Discord mutters loud enough for the others to hear.

“Just get her to the hospital!” Pinkie said, her tone rather ansty.

“Right, right.” Discord said, before he snapped his claws and the pair went off to the hospital.

“So… uh do we just walk there?” Fluttershy questions anypony who was listening to her.

Sunset looks over at the bags that Twilight had prepared, it's obvious that Discord forgotten
them. “You know he forgot the bags, right?” Sunset said her tone blunt as she points a hoof over to the luggage,

“Well what are we waiting for? Let's go!” Rainbow Dash said, speeding off.

“Hold on, Dash wait for us!” Applejack called outs.

****

Twilight was already in the back once the others had come.

Now all they had to do was play the “Waiting Game”.

9 hours later

“Do you think she will be okay?” Fluttershy asks in a worried tone.

“If there is one thing I know one thing about Twilight I know that she is one strong mare.” Princess Celestia says in a calming tone. “She will be just fine.” Celestia smiles at Fluttershy.

Twilight's ear piercing scream fills the room.

The others were startled when they heard her scream “Twilight!” They said in unison.

“What in Equestria are they doing to her?!” Pinkie Pie asked.

Fluttershy paled a bit. “Way to go, sister.” Mutters Princess Luna. “You just worried them even more.”

“Hey, I was only trying to give them words of encouragement.” Celestia says, her tone slightly defensive.

“Does anypony know what time it is?” Yawns a tired Flurry.

“Everypony is tired, and it's only 9 pm. And I've already raised the moon.” Luna said, in a rather calm voice.

“This “Waiting Game” is boring.” Pinkie said, her tone bored.

“Well hopefully it won't be long.” Cadence says, yawing.

“How can daddy sleep through Aunt Twilight's screams? Sounds like she was screaming bloody murder.” Flurry says, looking over at Shining who was asleep.

“Honey, your Dad could sleep through you crying your lungs out when you were three or even a meteor shower if one ever occurred and he would still be knocked out.” Cadence says in a deadpan, sarcasm leaked tone.

The door to the hospital swings open. “You ponies can come see her now.” Nurse Redheart says.

Cadence smacks Shining with her wing. Shining awakening out of sleep. “Ow! Did she have the baby yet?” Shining asks in a rather drowsy voice.

Cadence excited facial expression says it all. “Yes! Now come on! Let's go meet our new niece/nephew.”

***

The shimmering moon that Luna raised streams through Twilight's window.

It was quiet, just a few more hours until her family and friends got to see the new bundle of joy. Twilight smiles down at the ball of fluff.

“You are quite beautiful, my little one.” Beads of sweat, dripped down Twilight's face.

“You did great.” Discord mutters, smiling at her.

From two pm to almost eleven pm, Twilight spent the last ten hours awake and given life. She felt drained, but it was worth it.

Twilight let out a soft sigh of relief, enjoying the silence while it lasted. “I know you will make a great ruler one day.” She whispers to the little fluff ball. She kisses the top of it's head. The baby let out a soft whimpering sound, but Twilight let out a soft laugh and held the little fur ball close.

The only sound so far was the soft ticking of the clock, and the machines softly beeping.

There was a light knock on the door, but Twilight judged by the knocking of the sound that it was Fluttershy.

“You girls can come in.” Twilight said, her tone of voice sounds soft and light.

The door creaks a little to reveal not only the girls, but as well as the princesses, her brother and Spike. Her mom and dad weren't there due to a trip they had taken to Las Pegasus, but they promised to swing by soon to see the little one. They oddly took the news surprisingly well when Twilight told them.

“So is it a colt or filly?” Spike wonders.

“It's a filly.” Beams Twilight.

Twilight lowers the blanket that was tucked around the baby, revealing a white mane mixed with a few strands of black. Her mane reveals three streaks one of purple, one of magenta and the last streak being black. Her fur was light grey, mixed with purple. Her eyes remained close however.

“She's so precious!” Cooes Cadence.

“So, she’s practically Discord made over?” Rainbow Dash says, not wanting to beat around the bush.

“Hey! I happen to be very charming.” Discord says, giving Rainbow a smug, but charming smile.

Rainbow Dash rolls her eyes.

“Looks like your ‘hunch’ was correct after all Pinkie Pie, but I'm curious how did you know I was having a girl? And don't blame it on Pinkie Sense this time.” Twilight said, her voice slightly amusing.

“Oh, Discord called the hospital and the doctor told him what the gend-” Pinkie Pie mouth was zipped.

“What?” Twilight's tone darkened a bit.

“Discord reminds me later on to try not to kill you.” Twilight said, in a fake sweet tone.

Everypony was dead silent, for a moment before Celestia broke the tension in the room.

“So what do you plan on naming the little dear? Or are we going to spend the whole hospital visit calling her names like “sweetie pie, darling or worse the baby?” Asks Celestia.

Cadence giggles. “Isn’t that what your mother said to us when Flurry was born?” She asks Shining.

Shining chuckles. “Yeah, exactly what mom said.”

“I heard that.” Twilight Velvet said, grinning at Cadence and Shining Armor.

Twilight Velvet looks at her granddaughter. “Oh Twilight! She’s beautiful.”

Nightlight walks over beside his wife looking at his granddaughter. “She even has your mane colors Twily.”

“Wait you were gonna name me 'The Baby’?” Flurry Heart asks.

“Well sweetie they eventually came up with your name.” Twilight Velvet said, giggling.

“Besides they named you Flurry Heart to remember the occasion.” Nightlight said, chuckling.

Pinkie unzips her mouth. “Yeah! Besides, you caused a big snow storm and put everypony in danger, because you broke the crystal heart from the Crystal Empire. But nopony remembers that.” Pinkie Pie says, grinning.

“Uh, Pinkie, I think everypony remembers that.” Applejack states.

“But, your name is perfect the way it is, sweetie.” Shining said, ruffling his daughter’s mane.

“We were thinking of naming her Harmonia.” Twilight said, looking down at her daughter.

“Well the name is perfect for the little one.” Luna said, smiling at Twilight.

“Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday, to you! Happy birthday, Harmon-” Pinkie Pie sings, a bit too loudly.

A choir of “Shh!”

“So Twilight? Does that make me an uncle?” Spike asks.

Before Twilight could interject. Rarity interrupts.

“And does that make us her aunt's, darling? Well I mean besides Cadence being her biological aunt.” Says Rarity.

Twilight muses, thinking for a moment. “Well you will all be an important part in Harmonia’s life. So you all are related to me in some form or way so to put it simply: yes.”

“Can I hold Harmonia, Aunt Twilight?” Asks Flurry.

“Sure.” Says Twilight.

Flurry Heart gets up besides Twilight, as Twilight hoofs over the baby draconequus to her neice.

Flurry smiles down at the small infant then looks at her aunt. “She's so tiny.” Flurry Heart says, smiling down at her baby cousin. “Hi! I'm your cousin Flurry Heart. And I promise to always love you.” She blows a tiny kiss to the little infant.

“Well, we better get going. We've been here all night, and from the looks of it Luna is already out for the day. And Celestia has already raised the Sun.” Cadence said, yawing.

Everypony has been here all night with Twilight, it just goes to show how much of a supportive and caring group of friends and family that she has.

It was 7:35 a.m. with the sun already rising. Everypony was tired, but excited that they could share this moment with Twilight.

“Get some rest, Twilight. We will see you later.” Applejack says.

“Yeah, you guys could use the rest. Especially you, Twilight.” Fluttershy says in a quiet tone.

Twilight looked at everypony with tired eyes. “Thank you, everypony for being here.” She yawns. “You guys are the best.” She drifts off to sleep.

Everypony leaves saying their goodbye. Leaving Discord alone with a sleeping Twilight and tiny Harmonia.

Harmonia let out a small whimper, but it was loud enough to let Discord pick up the crying sound. He takes the tiny bundle from Twilight's hoofs.

She had her eyes open. Her eyes were yellow with raspberry pink iris. “Well you are just a sweet bundle of chaos.” He cooes at his daughter. Harmonia still whimpering. “Would you like daddy to sing you a lullaby?”

The tiny draconequus looks up at Discord, blinking.

Discord, begins to sing, causing Twilight awakes from her slumber, she gives a soft smile as she silently listens to Discord sing to Harmonia.

Discord rocks Harmonia back to sleep. Her tiny eyes get heavy as he lures her back to sleep.

He quietly mutters the last bit, looking down at his now sleeping daughter. He kiss the top of Harmonia's fuzzy little head.

The lullaby must have put Twilight back to sleep as well, because she was once again passed out. Either that or that medicine that they gave her was extremely strong.

Discord snaps his claw and poofs in a pink and purple bassinet, that magically rocks itself. He places Harmonia in it, who was still asleep.

He looks at his two girls, who were both asleep. He especially takes a good long look at Twilight, he really didn't know how greatly he deserved somepony like her.

“I promise to love you both with all that I have.” He mutters to them both.

***

2 months later….

Harmonia really wasn't that difficult of a baby to begin with, not until she realized that she had chaos powers.

“How do you manage to lose a 2 month old baby?” Twilight wonders, she looks up from her book.

“Twilight, she has chaos powers in case you forgot.” Discord said.

“What happened this time?” Twilight wonders.

“Well, we were playing “Peek-a-boo” until I closed my eyes for like the fifth or sixth time and she vanished.” Discord said.

Twilight hoof smacks her face. She sighs, getting up from her reading chair. “I'll go find her, this time.” Twilight teleports out of the room.

She reappears in the nursery, but she wasn't there. “Harmonia!” Twilight calls out.

No answer.

She teleports herself to her throne room. “Harmonia?” Twilight calls out once again.

Again no answer.

“Where could you have gone?” Twilight thought to herself.

Twilight reappears in the kitchen, the library, even in her room. Harmonia was nowhere in sight.

Twilight was about to start panicking when a voice snapped her out of it. “I think I may have found what you are looking for.” Starlight said, she held out her hoofs.

“Where did you find her?” Asks Twilight.

“She was in my room, I have no idea why she ended up there.” Starlight said.

Twilight flots the little draconequus to her. “Well, thank you Starlight.”

“No problem.” Starlight says. She walks off to head back to her studies.

Twilight turned to Harmonia. “You have really got to stop scaring mommy like that, sweetie.” She hugs her daughter tight. “Now come on let's find Daddy.”

They both walked back into the library to find Discord, but he was nowhere in sight. “That's strange. First you, now your Daddy. What is it with my family disappearing on me today?

PreviousChapters Next