• Published 31st Mar 2020
  • 3,836 Views, 15 Comments

Dancing With The Shadows - Vocal Sweets



What happens when Princess Twilight Sparkle marries The Lord of Chaos? Happily Ever Afters are for everypony right? Or maybe not all fairytales are meant to have a happy ending.

  • ...
6
 15
 3,836

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 26: Coronation Day (Part 2)

As the coordination went under way, Phoenix couldn't help but think why Twilight was acting so weird lately, surely there were many reasons to this, maybe Twilight was so tired from all the work she put into fixing the coordination, or Twilight was still affected by what happened to her with Sombra, or Twilight was just being her usual ignorant and stressful self, however Phoenix couldn't piece it right.

“There’s something fishy going on here, and I’m not liking it one bit.” Phoenix said, her eyes narrowed in Twilight.

"I mean, from my mom’s sources that I heard that Princess Twilight is always nice, now she seems to be a bit aggressive?" Phoenix thought to herself about it, she looked at Twilight who was now barking orders at the guards to fix the invitations on the other entrance, Phoenix cringed.

"Yeah, something is definitely wrong…" She thought, she then keeps an eye on Twilight as she walks away from the guards who were setting up security checkpoints, until.

“Hey Phoenix!” Confetti Pop beams.

Phoenix, who was startled jumps up, hitting her head against the wall, she groans in pain. "Confetti! What was that for!?" she snaps.

“Uh, what are you doing?” Jewel asks, eyeing her. Her tone was suspicious of her.

“Sweet Celestia! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?” Phoenix snaps.

Jewel rolls her eyes ignoring her question. “Are you spying on Princess Twilight?” Jewel asks, giving her a smirk.

“No…” Phoenix said, her tone slightly wavering.

“D-Don’t you have somewhere to be?” Phoenix asks, slightly annoyed with Jewel’s presents at the moment.

Phoenix sighs, and turns back to pay attention to Twilight.

"The question is, what are you doing here, aren't you supposed to be preparing for the coordination?" Jewel asks, Phoenix giggles nervously.

"Well yeah I'm just taking a break!" she smiles awkwardly, Confetti giggles.

Jewel arches her brow, not buying her excuse for a bit. “Whatever, just know that you need to be getting ready for the coronation soon, it starts in a few hours.” Jewel said, but Phoenix was half listening to what Jewel was saying. She watched as Starlight was going down the hallway, slightly in a rush.

“Phoenix are you even listening to me?” Jewel asked.

“Ye-yeah, look I have to go.” Phoenix said, before hurrying off.

“Wait where are you going?” Confetti calls out, but Phoenix didn’t reply; she just hurried off leaving Confetti and Jewel to look at each other in confusion.

***

"Starlight!" Phoenix called out, but Starlight didn't respond, she then ran to Starlight as fast as she could. "Starlight! Wait up!" Phoenix calls out again, this time Starlight stops dead in her tracks, and turns around immediately, Phoenix bumps into Starlight's leg, completely tired and dazed.

"Oh sweetie i'm so sorry!' Starlight said, helping Phoenix up and fixing her mane, Phoenix giggles.

"It's alright! I just need to ask you something!" Phoenix said she was about to ask Starlight a question but Starlight interjects with a sigh of annoyance. "I'm so sorry Phoenix but I have no time, I need to find Twilight, do you happen to know where she is?" Starlight asks.

Phoenix sighs. "Last time I saw her she was at the party area, talking to some guards, but do you feel something strange about her though?" Phoenix asks, Starlight immediately leaves Phoenix in search for Twilight.

"So much for the question, OH I KNOW!" Phoenix leaves the hallway, headed to a corridor to the left.

"Maybe if I check the Friendship map, I can trace where Princess Twilight keeps going, she's usually not around the castle as she used to, maybe she's colluding with somepony else…" She then opens the big crystal door to reveal 6 throne seats surrounding a big crystal table, where the map of Equestria was shown, she approaches the map carefully and takes notice of some red dots around some locations.

"Princess Twilight, what have you been up to? You should be with Harmonia." She says as she looks over at the map.

"She's been to the Crystal Empire, but that place is badly damaged from what I heard, she's been through Manehattan and Fillydelphia?" she questions further.

"What is she doing?" She asks, until she sees the door kicked open fully, only to see Tempest with her eyes narrowed at her.

"Miss, you know you are not allowed here correct?" Tempest scolds, Phoenix giggles nervously.

Phoenix gets thrown out, landing with a hard thud, she looks back only to see the door slammed shut. "Princess Twilight sure has a very defensive guard…" she mutters to herself, she then stands up, dusting herself off and looks at the crystal door.

"I better tell Starlight or somepony about this!" Phoenix then rushes out of the area, and she heads back to the celebration area.

As Phoenix reaches the celebration area she is met by Kunzite who happens to be standing behind the door, she bumps into Kunzite. "Ow! Watch where you're going!" Kunzite scolds as he rubs his arm, Phoenix gets up, and apologizes. "I am so sorry! I was just in a hurry and-"

Kunzite laughs, petting the mane of Phoenix. "Hey it's alright, what's wrong?" Kunzite asks.

"You won't believe me if i told you." She states, Kunzite giggles.

"Try me." he states boldy.

“As I said before I believe there is something fishy going on here, and I’m not liking it one bit.” Phoenix said, her eyes narrowed in Twilight.

“… What are you talking about?” Kunzite asked.

Phoenix rolls her eyes. “Shhh… I’m talking about Princess Twilight. Something’s not right, but I can’t seem to put my finge- er I mean hoof on it.” Phoenix said, clearly forgetting for a moment that she was a pegasus instead of human.

Kunzite watches as Twilight is hanging up some lavenders that Luna let her borrow for Harmonia coordination. He watches Twilight’s every move, from the way she was interacting with the Princess of the Night, right down to her magical aura, which has always been the same shade of magenta.

“She looks like regular old Princess Twilight to me.” Kunzite said, his tone blunt.

“Look, I have my theories and you have yours.” Phoenix said, her tone a tad harsh than attended to be.

“But I know something is up.” she mutters mostly to herself, however Kunzite still managed to overhear the pegasus.

"Well, have you noticed that your Aunt Twilight is always aggressive? She keeps yelling at ponies, always barking orders like she owns the state!" Phoenix states.

"Well she is a princess. They tend to live stressful lives. " Kunzite interjects, but Phoenix shakes her head.

Phoenix sighes. “Just come with me.” She mutters.

***

Phoenix and Kunzite enter Twilight's Friendship room, where Twilight's Friendship map stood.

Phoenix and Kunzite carefully scan the premises before entering. “What are we doing here? You're going to get us caught!” Kunzite said, his tone low and laced with worry.

“If my hunch is correct and that isn't Princess Twilight then-” Phoenix said, but was cut off by a rather startling voice.

“What are you two doing here?” Tempest asked.

The pair jumped. “I- uh- we-” Kunzite said, stumbling over his words.

Phoenix, slightly annoyed by her friend's lack of social skills, rolled her eyes. “Please let us explain.” Phoenix said, her tone rather pleading.

“Didn’t I kick you out earlier?” Tempest asked.

“If you ask me you guys need better security.” Phoenix mutters.

“Nopony is allowed to enter this room, under any circumstances. Unless you are The Princess of Friendship, her daughter or a part of The Element Barriers then I suggest you leave.” Tempest explains, her tone rather strict.

“But you don't understand-” Phoenix said, but fails to try to communicate with the guard.

“Leave. Now” Tempest said, her tone rather low and dangerously threatening.

Tempest takes the pair out of the room, and shuts the door in their faces.

Phoenix huffs. “That was our only way! I can't believe Princess Twilight's royal guard kicked us out…. I thought she was friendlier?” the pegasus complains.

Kunzite thinks to himself for a moment. “That's not the only way, here come with me.” Kunzite said, grabbing the pegasus hoof, helping her off the ground from her slouching position.

“Where are we going?” Phoenix asks.

But Kunzite was already ahead of her. “Okay fine! Don't tell me.” She mutters, before taking off to catch up with the dragon.

***

Starlight looks around the celebration room, only to see ponies fixing the tables and the grand stage in which Harmonia will stand make her speech in front of the masses and the dignitary ponies. "Hey, excuse me have you seen Princess Twilight?" Starlight asks one of the guards who happened to pass by, distributing utensils and napkins to the helpers.

"She went out through the east wing, just head left and you'll see a corridor." The guard replies, Starlight nods and thanks the guard, she rushed through the east wing her heart pumping from exhaustion, she stops to see Twilight outside the garden, talking to two unknown figures, Starlight raises an eyebrow to this, surely Twilight doesn't have any visitors at this time, especially at night.

"Twilight?" Starlight calls out, Twilight yelps from the call, the two figures hide in the shadows. "Who are you talking to?" Starlight asks as she opens the gate to the garden, Twilight giggles nervously.

"Oh some dignitary ponies just happen to swoop by ya know!" sweat drops from Twilight's face as she looks at Starlight.

"Ok? Twilight, is something wrong?" Starlight asks, Twilight's smile turns into a frown slowly, ears flopped down.

"Hey, talk to me Twi." Starlight calls out once more. "You're not yourself lately…" Starlight rubs the back of Twilight, Twilight looks up with a smile, an innocent smile. "Hey, can I tell you something?" Twilight asks the unicorn beside her.

"Anything, but you're going to have a lot of explaining to do to Harmonia and why you were late.” Starlight explains, but she gladly accepts the request, the doors around the high metal fences in the garden suddenly slammed closed, Starlight's eyes widened as she looked around her.

“Oh! And so will you.” Twilight said, igniting her horn.

"Hey? What's happening?" the unicorn questions in unison, Twilight chuckles as she pushed Starlight away and bashed her against the high metal fence.

"Twilight!?" Starlight yelps, she struggles to get free as she was forced onto the fence.

Starlight ignites her horn as she frees herself from Twilight’s grapes. Twilight then fires a blast at Starlight, who is dodging out of the way. “What the hay Twilight?!” Starlight snaps at the Alicorn.

“Oh you are going to pay for everything you did!” Twilight sneers, firing another blast.

Starlight quickly throws up a shield around her blocking Twilight's attack. Starlight then fires beam at Twilight. “What has been your problem? Seems like ever since you have come back from Sombra you seem to just despise just about everypony who cares about you! If this is about Discord, the reason why you can’t go back there to attend your own daughter’s coronation then you need to let it go, stop clinging to the past Twi! He's moved on! And you should too!”

“Like the past can be so easily forgotten, but my problem isn’t with Discord it’s with you! You are my problem!” She sneers. Twilight then attacks Starlight to the ground. Standing on top of Starlight as Twilight's hoofs pressed to her chest.

Starlight struggles to breath for a moment. As she tried to ignite her horn, anger seeth in her eyes at the Alicorn. “I have put up with your mood swings, and your daughter and I have had your back even when others did not! And this is the thanks I get?!” She fires another beam at Twilight.

Twilight looks at Starlight with disgust. “You really disgust me.” She mutters.

Starlight then gets to her hooves, firing a spell at Twilight, as she did the same. For, Twilight being much more powerful than Starlight, but both having an equal matched advantage in magic skill pins her to the metal bars, smirking at her trying to struggle.

"Oh Starlight, when will you learn…" Twilight stood in front of Starlight, as she changed slowly into none other than.

"Chrysalis…" Starlight says in fear, Chrysalis laughs as two of the figures came out of the shadows, two changelings with armor meant to strike fear.

"You really thought you could run away from me? How disappointing." Chrysalis sneers at Starlight, she then throws Starlight on the ground, she lands with a hard thud and looks up at Chrysalis with a deadly glare, her teeth bared.

“No one even invited you here! Do you have an RSVP?! I don’t think so!” Starlight said, her tone snappy.

"Besides, you're forgetting one thing…" Starlight states, Chrysalis kicks Starlight, flipping her over. "And what am I forgetting exactly?" Chrysalis coos, Starlight gets up slowly, smirking.

"I've beaten you once, I'll do it again if I have to…" Starlight blasts two magic orbs at the two armored changelings, sending them to the high metal fences, knocking them out.

Chrysalis's eyes widened at that, and shifted her attention to Starlight. "Then i'll kill you right here…" Chrysalis summons a war spear using her magic. "Magic and weapons, how fun will that be?" Chrysalis laughs, Starlight summons her longsword that Twilight has bestowed to her, getting into a battle stance.

"I won't let you win…" Starlight states, Chrysalis begins to interject.

"Oh but I have, and we're everywhere." she coos, Starlight rushed at Chrysalis with the longsword aimed at Chrysalis, she then twirls the sword going for a side hit, Chrysalis parries and riposted with hit from below, Starlight manages to block the hit then returns with an over head strike, the blade hits the armor, and green blood drips from the hole.

"You still never learn…" Starlight interjects, Chrysalis grits her teeth and thrusts the war spear towards Starlight, Starlight parries the hit riposting with a side heavy, Chrysalis blocks it then shoves Starlight back with magic, distancing for a while.

"You know, I enjoy seeing Harmonia break into bits and pieces, she's very weak and that love she has will be mine…" Chrysalis teases, Starlight yells and goes back into the fight, Chrysalis hits Starlight with the back of the spear, dazing her, Chrysalis follows up with a over head strike, Starlight managed to block the attack and follows up with a side hit, hitting Chrysalis once more, green blood slowly pouring out of the armor.

"You're relentless, I'll give you that, but I can't stay and play for too long." Chrysalis winces from the pain, and disappears from the fight, Starlight took the time to catch her breath, and follows Chrysalis inside the empty castle chambers.

“Oh no you don’t!” Starlight said, charging after her.

Both her and Chrysalis' barrel rolled through the hallway, however Starlight didn’t want to wreck the decorations. So she teleports herself and Chrysalis somewhere else.

“Where are we?!” Chrysalis seethed.

“Somewhere where you can’t hurt anypony!” Starlight snaps.

“That’s where you’re wrong! I can hurt you.” Chrysalis said, firing a blast at her, Starlight teleports out of the way, appearing to the left side of Chrysalis.

"We're doing this again aren't we!?" Starlight fires 3 magic orbs whilst running to the right side, Chrysalis creates a force field, deflecting most of the orbs, she returns fire with orbs of her own, green plasma magic going at high speed towards Starlight.

"Do you ever get tired of this? I managed to kick your flank once! I'll do it again if i have to!" Starlight sees an incoming orb and dodges to the left, the orb explodes, Starlight sees two more incoming and teleports up on a hill surface, the two orbs explode, creating two craters down below.

"Let's rewrite the story shall we?" Chrysalis interjects with a mocking tone, she immediately teleports behind Starlight with the war spear about to thrust Starlight on the side.

"How about I write the story? The big bad villain gets defeated yet again!" Starlight states, her tone flashy, she then fires an orb at Chrysalis making her drop the war spear, Starlight fires multiple orbs at Chrysalis slowly pushing her back, Chrysalis manages to summon a force field once more as two of the orbs hit her, she then rams Starlight down the hill top, making her roll down painfully.

"Come on Starlight, you're not putting up much of a fight here!" Chrysalis teleports down as soon as Starlight hits the ground, Chrysalis raises the ground with her magic where Starlight was laying down, sending her up in the air.

"Is it me or you're just stalling for time!" Chrysalis laughs as she splits the platform where Starlight was laying on into two, she grabs Starlight with her magic, and aligned the two platforms beside Starlight.

"I am gonna kill you nice, and slow…" Chrysalis then pushes the two platforms at Starlight, slowly squishing, Starlight yells and struggles as the walls slowly crush her.

"I love you aunt Starlight…" A faint voice of Harmonia lingered inside of Starlight's mind, her eyes well up with tears as she remembered more of the pony she was trying to protect.

"I love you too kiddo." Her past self replies as she hugs Harmonia to sleep in memory.

"Harmonia…" Her eyes open, anger now filled in Starlight's heart, she heard Chrysalis laugh below, thinking of how triumphant she was, Starlight begins to charge her magic, her breathing heavy.

"Oh Starlight dear, how's the weather up there!" Chrysalis mocks her and applies pressure to the crushing, she laughs triumphantly.

Starlight yells as magic surged in her, her horn glowing brighter than ever, Chrysalis notices a light blue light from the darkness in between, before she could apply the deadliest of pressure the two platforms explode, seeing Starlight fall from grace with her horn ignited brightly and her look menacing.

"How did you even-" Chrysalis didn't even finish her sentence as Starlight teleported in front of her, Starlight blasts multiple orbs immediately, slowly pushing Chrysalis back, Chrysalis sneers in anger as she teleports behind Starlight.

"How did you even survive that!?" Chrysalis asks in anger, summoning a war spear and aims it high enough to hit Starlight's back, Starlight turns around immediately, whip-lashing Chrysalis with magic on the face, making Chrysalis drop the spear once more.

"What's wrong Chrysalis? Feeling dazed?" Starlight mocks back, as she grabs the spear with her magic, she hits Chrysalis's face with the blunt end of the spear, then shoves the pole on Chrysalis's face once more, splitting the spear into two, Chrysalis falls down to the ground and looks at Starlight, green blood slowly trailing down from her eye and nose.

"Why won't you die!" Chrysalis sees Starlight charging towards her, she grabs Starlight with her magic, and slams her on the mountain wall, the rocks from above shake slowly without the two noticing.

"I've had enough of your games Starlight, It's time I ended it here!" Chrysalis charges her horn, bright green magic emits from it, Starlight looks up seeing an unstable platform where rocks were lined up on.

"As a matter of fact…" Starlight grins at Chrysalis, Chrysalis gives her a confused look, Starlight looks at the wall, blasting it with her magic, as soon as the blast hits the rocky portion Starlight teleports away, Chrysalis looks in shock from above, as rocks fell on her, crushing and trapping her.

"Serves you right." Starlight mocks back, her tone flashy, she walks away, her hair waving to the left as the wind swoops in.

Chrysalis blasts the rocks away, revealing her damaged form, she screams in anger and charges up to Starlight, Starlight grunts in annoyance.

"You can't just stay down can you? Fine." Starlight looks back just in time to see Chrysalis impale Starlight with the broken war spear, she smirks at Chrysalis, giving her one last whiplash of her magic, knocking Chrysalis out.

Chrysalis stays on the ground, out cold, Starlight looks down at the knocked out changeling, and giggles.

"You never learn." Starlight states she then teleports out of the area, leaving Chrysalis on the ground out cold.

***

“Ladies and Gentlecolts may I present for the first time ever Princess Harmonia Sparkle!” Celestia announces.

The double white French doors open, revealing Harmonia her elegant dress flowing swiftly behind her.

Once Harmonia reaches the front of the crowded room. Celestia gently smiles at Harmonia. “Turn to face your subjects’ Harmonia.” Celestia said, her tone soft.

Harmonia did as she was told, and turned to face her adoring crowd. “Honored guests, family and friends. I present to you Princess Harmonia Sparkle! Heir to the throne of Friendship and Chaos! She is willing to be your new Princess!” Celestia announces, as she levitates the crown off the soft satin pillow that was beside her. Slowly levitating downward on Harmonia's mane.

“If anypony has a reason to object, let them come forth and be heard!” Celestia announces.

As if on cue, a beam of dark magic zips past Harmonia's mane, making her crown hit the floor with a loud, echoing clink.

The ponies in the throne room, gasped. A familiar voice rings throughout the room. “I object!” Spoke a sly voice.

Out from the darkness, came a chilling pony one, who Harmonia wished she was not seeing. “Awe, what a shame! You didn't even invite your own mother to your big day? Such a pity!” Twilight spoke, her tone icy and cold.

“Twilight?!” The girls and her nieces and nephews said in unison.

“Hi! Girls.” Twilight shifts her gaze to them for a moment, her tone so disgustingly bittersweet it was sicking.

“But I… I thought you-” Harmonia said, trying to gather her thoughts.

“If you ask me, she's not ready to be princess, she's far too young and even unprepared. Therefore, I can still make a decision for you for I- Queen Twilight Sparkle can still rule over you.” Twilight said, lightly touching her daughter's nose. “Now we can do this the easy way and you can come with me or we can do this the hard way.” She smirks at her daughter.

“Your choice.” She muses at her.

“No.” Harmonia said, her tone rather stern.

“No?” Twilight questions, her voice icy cold and haughty. “You really shouldn't have disobeyed your mother, Harmonia.” Twilight said, her voice light, dangerous and threatening.

“Seize them!” Twilight calls out, her eyes glowing.

From all around them, shadow creatures emerge from the walls and floor, surrounding Twilight with glowing red eyes.

“Take care of them! But leave the draconequus and Celestia to me!” Twilight commands.

The shadows nod, completely under Twilight's control.

“Well what are we doing? Don't just stand there! Fight back!” Sunset commands.

Spike burns half the shadows, leaving them to vaporize. Illusion, Mystic and Trixie blast them with their horns.

The Mane five are doing their best to stop the invasion themselves. “This is simply ridiculous!” Rarity said, upset for what has come upon Harmonia’s coordination.

Rarity continues to obliterate the creatures with her horn. “You're telling me!” Pinkie Pie said.

“Out of all the days you seriously had to ruin my special day?!” Harmonia shouts, tears aligned in her eyes.

“Oh I'm not going to fight you.” Twilight coos to her daughter.

She is.” Twilight said, from behind her emerges a young alicorn about the age of nine she had the same coat as her Twilight, just darker, she looks at Harmonia with a devilish expression.

“Who are you exactly?” Harmonia questions, unaware of who this young mare was.

“Why I'm your sister! And we are going to have so much fun together!” Stormy said, her tone fake happiness, her horn ignites dark purple and her wings spread to show dominance.

“Now! Let's play.” She smirks, she launches herself at Harmonia with her magic, blasting at Harmonia with relentless magic orbs coming at her, Harmonia snaps her fingers to create a force field around her, seeing the orbs disintegrate around her she smirks at the dark purple alicorn. "Is that all you got?" Harmonia teases, the dark purple alicorn chuckles. "You ain't seen nothing yet…"

Twilight surveys the chaos around her, rather pleased with her work. “Now time to extract my second revenge.” She mutters to herself.

***

The atmosphere was chilly, dark and in a place where no one wishes to be.

“Come out, come out wherever you are. You two can't hide forever.” Twilight coos, as she stalks the empty hallways.

But they were nowhere in sight. “They really are cowards.” Twilight mutters to herself.

She then comes back up through to the throne room. She took quick notice that Discord was helping Harmonia, but he was behind her. “Bingo!” Twilight said. She smirks, as igniting her horn.

Discord notices this and then quickly notices that Harmonia was in the way as the dark magic was coming straight to her.

Discord quickly, without thinking leaps into action. “Harmonia, move!” He yells, as he quickly push Harmonia out of the way.

Instead of her getting hit by the spell it was Discord, Harmonia turns to look at her father as the blast sends Discord to the throne chair, hitting his back with a hard thud to the ground, Harmonia's eyes widened and goes after her dad. "Dad!" Harmonia turns to look at Twilight, tears streamed down her face, Discord had the strength to get up, as he winced from the pain.

The room fell silent for a moment since that loud blast from Twilight was heard.

In a bright flash of white light, which slowly faded leaving Discord turned to the one thing that he despite being turned to stone.

“Dad? Daddy?! Daddy!” Harmonia screams, she utterly felt broken inside as well as outside, she sat there crying in pain, agony and hurt.

Sunset walks over to her, she looks from Harmonia to Twilight. “You are truly sick.” Sunset said, her eyes narrowed.

"Sick? Have you looked in the mirror lately?" Twilight interjects, chuckling by her own reply, Sunset's eyes widened.

“I've been called worse, but if I were you I wouldn't be so quick to call somepony a monster, Sunset.” Twilight spats.

This left Sunset to think for a moment. “I'm not like that anymore and you know it!” Sunset shot back.

“If you ask me: Once a monster, always a monster.” Twilight sasses.

“Oh? Like yourself?” Sunset shot back.

Twilight observes the chaos around her saying nothing to Sunset. “Now time to find my next target.” She grins, stalking her way to her next victim.

Celestia.

***

Sunset pulls Phoenix into a spare empty bedroom, she looks at her daughter. “Stay here! I don’t want you to get hurt.” she said.

“Mom, please let me help them. I can be useful you know! Just because I lack one skill doesn’t mean I can be helpful in other ways.” Phoenix explains.

“No! I can’t risk losing you. Now stay here.” Sunset said, her voice stern.

Phoenix watches as her mother leaves the room.

She slowly exits the room she was told to stay put in and watches the chaos unfold before her. She sighed, as she made her way slowly down the hallway.

Phoenix slid her back against the wall, sulking to herself, but her ears pricked up at the sound of sudden growling.

Shadow creatures.

They slowly make their way to its prey. Phoenix backs up, only to be met by Twilight Sparkle-herself.

“Well well well, who do we have here?” Twilight asked, her tone cold.

Phoenix turned around, giving an awkward smile to Twilight. However, before she knew it she was lifted up into the air by Twilight’s dark magic.

Phoenix gagged, struggled even as she gasped for air.

“Let her go!” Commanded a voice from behind Twilight.

“Well if it isn’t my dear niece Flurry Heart.” Twilight coos.

Flurry’s eyes narrowed at Twilight as she tossed Phoenix to the side as if the poor Pegasus was a rag doll.

Phoenix fell to the ground, limp.

Flurry looks from her aunt to an unconscious Phoenix. Flurry bares her teeth, sneering.

“You don’t exactly have your magic you know?” Twilight said, her tone smooth as silk and nonchalant.

“Yeah, because you took it.” Flurry said, her tone sarcastic.

“But, that doesn’t mean I have other ways.” Flurry said, as she drew her father’s sword from its shaft.

Flurry charges at Twilight with her sword in her mouth.

Twilight simply moves out of the way, Flurry stumbles for a bit before regaining composure.

Flurry blows a strand of hair out of her face, as she turns around to see that Twilight too was pulling out a sword of an old suited armor statue.

“Fine, If it helps I’ll make the rules fair.” Twilight said, stalking her way toward Flurry.

She then clashes her sword with Flurry Heart’s causing sounds clinging and clashing, even as far as sparks to come from the metal blades hitting against each other.

Phoenix slowly, but surely came out of her comatose state. Her vision was slightly blurry and dazed, but she can tell from the vision before her that Twilight had the upper hoof on Flurry.

Drops of sweat were sliding down Flurry’s face as she tried her best to hold her ground. She is looking into her aunt’s sinister grin.

Twilight swings the sword above her coming down on Flurry’s sword with a sharp clang.

Flurry lost her grip on the sword as well as falling flat on her back. The sword landed on the other side of the room making a clanging noise.

Flurry’s eyes widened, as Twilight was now over her.

Phoenix looked around quickly, spotting a few other statues. She grabs the sword out of its holder.

“That was my father’s sword you know.” Flurry said, her eyebrows arched.

“Does it look like I care? Now time to finish you once and for all.” Twilight said, she swung the sword down, Flurry squeezes her eyes shut.

However, Flurry felt like her death was taking moons. She opens her aquatic blue eyes to see that another sword was between Flurry and Twilight.

“You want her? You are going to have to go through me first.” Phoenix dared.

“I’m sorry I should have finished you off to begin with!” Twilight said, slamming her blade down against Phoenix’s.

Phoenix smirks. “Don’t make the same mistake twice.” She warns Twilight.

Phoenix and Twilight’s blades clashed together creating sparks, both danced across the room as the blades made beautiful but deadly sounds together.

From the corner of her eye, Phoenix spot’s Flurry’s sword. She grabs it with her wing. “Princess! Catch!” Phoenix said, she slid the sword swiftly across the floor.

Flurry stops it with her hoof. “Thanks.” She said.

Flurry then joins beside Phoenix, as Flurry held her sword in her wing.

“Are you sure you know how to be skilled with a sword?” Flurry asked, smashing her sword into Twilight’s.

“Well my dad was part of a guard’s training once.” Phoenix explains.

“Really? My dad is captain of the royal guard! As well as -” Flurry said, but Phoenix’s blade cut into Twilight’s causing sparks flying.

Phoenix teeth bared. “Maybe we can talk about friendship later, Princess? Right now we have to lose her.” Phoenix said, clinging with Twilight's sword.

Flurry and Phoenix both collide with Twilight’s sword. Both of them had their teeth bared at Twilight.

Flurry looked around the room, her eyes landed on a damaged tapestry, barely hanging on to the rod.

Lucky for them, Twilight was standing right under it. Flurry made a tiny motion with her hoof. Phoenix eyes followed.

She then starts to form an idea, Phoenix grabs the extra sword that was lying on the ground- hurling it at the heavy tapestry.

The tapestry fell, landing on top of Twilight.

The girls stopped what they were doing, painting. “Nice going! Now we better get a move on quickly!” Flurry said.

Twilight burns the tapestry with her magic. She watches as the two turn the corner. “They’ll be back. They always come back.” She seethed.

***

Both Flurry and Phoenix fly down the hallway.

“While we are running for our lives we might as well introduce ourselves. My name is Phoenix.” Phoenix said.

“Nice to meet you! You can call me Flurry. Being called Princess is so overrated.” Flurry said, lightly giggling.

Flurry’s tone turned serious. “Now, we need the Elements if we are going to stop my aunt.” She said, making a quick pit stop down an empty hallway.

“We know where those are!” Phoenix said.

Flurry looks at her confused. “We?” She asked.

“I mean Kunzite and I! Follow me Princess.” Phoenix grabs Flurry’s hoof, lightly blushing.

She moves away quickly. “Sorry.” She mutters.

“It’s quite alright. Now come on.” Flurry said.

***

Phoenix and Flurry crash into Kunzite.

“Hey! What gives? Oh it’s you.” He said, giving his friend the cold shoulder.

“Can’t believe you left your own BDF for a Princess.” Kunzite complains.

“BDF?” Phoenix asked, confused.

“Best Dragon Friend.” Kunzite said.

“We don’t have time for accarnimes! We need to go and get the Elements of Harmony now.” Flurry said, her tone was serious.

Kunzite drops the act. “Fine! But Phoenix and I are the only two who know where they're located.” He explains.

“Unless, Twilight and Sombra moved them again.” Phoenix suggested.

“Wait, how do you two know where the Elements possibly are?” Flurry asked.

“Let’s just say when you have a father who loves gems a lot.” Kunzite said

“And a mother who loves exploring more unknown mystical places. It kind of just rubs off on ya.” Phoenix said.

“Fine! Just hurry!” Flurry said.

Phoenix nods. “Come on Kunzite. Let’s go.” She said, her tone confident.

“Right behind you.” Kunzite said.

Flurry watches from the window as the two flew into the night sky.

From behind, a sinister smile and eyes met Flurry Heart.

The sound of a sword being swiftly taken out of its shaft sounded in the tiny room.

Flurry turned around, before she had time to react or even pull back out her father’s sword.

Twilight struck down on Flurry.

Flurry watched in horror as she saw feathers fall silently to the floor. She tried to lift her wing to use her sword, but she could not feel anything out of it.

“M-my wing?! What did you do!” Flurry asked, as fear laced her voice.

“Wouldn’t you like to know.” Twilight said, her tone sly, she chuckles.

Twilight then drags the sword, slowly across the floor.

Flurry watched in horror at what she was seeing: her own blood dragged across the floor.

She truly killed in her own blood, almost that is.

***

“Why are we here?” Phoenix asks.

“We came to the Tree of Harmony for a reason. If that really is “Aunt Twilight” then the Elements of Harmony should have been returned, right?” Kunzite explains.

The two make their way into the cave where the Tree of Harmony falters. Kunzite started to fly over to the tree, Phoenix followed, but they stopped dead in their tracks. “Wait…. What happened to the tree?! A-And the Elements?! They’re broken, but how?” Kunzite mutters to himself, his pupils small as dimes.

He turns away from the tree to look at Phoenix. “We need to tell Aunt Twilight about the Elements!” Kunzite continues.

“Yeah… Something is telling me that she either wouldn’t care or that it's not really Princess Twilight.” Phoenix said, sarcasm leaked in her tone.

The young drake rolled his eyes, as he picked up one of the smashed bits of an Element. “Whatever like you said before, I have my theories and you have yours. ” He then proceeds to pick up one of the smashed parts of an Element. Something felt off with it. Kunzite began to rub it between his forefinger and thumb before licking it, and biting into it, but the surface never broke or cracked just left Kunzite’s teeth marks.

“These are fake!” He said, dropping the fake Element of Loyalty.

“How?! If the Tree is destroyed and those are not the real Elements then ... where are the real Elements?!” Phoenix asked.

“She must have duplicated a copy of them.” Kunzite suggested, looking at the broken replicas.

For a split second realization dawned on her, the satisfaction of knowing that she was right! “Ha! I knew it! That “Princess Twilight” is a fake!” Phoenix said, celebrating her victory on being right.

“Maybe you can celebrate your victory later? We have to find the Elements before it's too late.” Kunzite said, tugging on Phoenix's hoof.

Phoenix wonders to herself. “If that isn't Princess Twilight then who is that?”

With that question in front of Phoenix's mind the pair both fly out of the cave and go to look for the Elements.

***

“Why are we in Twilight and Sombra’s bedroom exactly?” Phoenix asked.

“Well if I was corrupted and turned into a greedy dragon I’m pretty sure I’d keep the Elements closely beside me.” Kunzite explained.

“Huh? They have really nice decor in here.” Kunzite said.

Phoenix rolled her eyes. “We didn’t come here to admire the room genius.” she said, her tone slightly annoyed.


“Now let’s ramshack this place!” Phoenix said. As she started throwing perfectly made sheets off the bed.

“What are you doing?! You can’t just vandalize someone’s home.” Kunzite said, his tone worried.

“You can if you have Equestria to save. Now help me!” Phoenix demanded, as she started throwing books out of its holder.

Kunzite started to throw pillows off the bed and overturn the mattress.

Phoenix looked in every nook and cranny of the room.

The clock on the wall changed from 7:00 pm to 10:45 pm. They spent the last 2 hours searching for the Elements, yet they were nowhere to be found.

“Ugh! Where could they be?! I was for sure they would be here.” Phoenix wails, her tone impatient.

Kunzite spots a display case in the corner of the room, and the light illuminates it. “My guess is that they were there.” Kunzite said, pointing to the display case.

“Well we just destroyed a royal couple’s bedroom for nothing.” Phoenix said, her tone blunt.

“But you have to admit it was fun.” Kunzite said, his tone giddy.

“Hey, Twilight was planning on rearranging anyways. We just gave her a head start on it. Now let’s go.” Phoenix said, walking out of the destroyed room.

***

Phoenix and Kunzite come across the throne room of The Crystal Empire, the two enter it only to be staring at an empty throne room and a giant purple crystal that hangs over the throne.

“Isn’t there a secret passageway? That leads to like millions of stairs?” Phoenix wonders.

“Yes, but how did you know about it?” Kunzite wonders.

“My mom is originally from Equestria in case you forgot. She’s told me about this place or more of the origins from it.” Phoenix said, still staring at the huge crystal above the throne.

“But neither of us are unicorns, so we have no way of turning that crystal dark.” Kunzite said.

“Maybe I can help with that.”

They turn around to meet Sunburst.

“Uh. Who’s that?” Phoenix asked.

“I think it’s that kooky mentor that Flurry tells so much about.” Kunzite said.

“Okay, one offensive and two in the Crystalor of this Empire. Sunburst to be exact.” Sunburst explains.

“Well Sunburst-“ Phoenix said.

“He still looks like a kooky mentor.” Kunzite said, trying his best not to stifle a laugh.

Phoenix smacks Kunzite with her wing.

“Do you think you can turn that Crystal black? It’s an emergency.” Said Phoenix.


“I’ve heard what has happened. News like this does spread very quickly around Equestria.” Sunburst explains.

Sunburst then thinks for a moment, trying to remember what spell was used on the crystal before. He takes a step back as he aimed his horn at the crystal as dark magic was being used on it to open the secret passageway.

Phoenix and Kunzite watched in awe, but quickly looked down instead of being met with stairs they were met with a trap door.

***

“Ouch!” Phoenix wails.

“Are you okay?” Kunzite asked.

“Yeah I’m fine. Remind me to never trust a stranger again.” Phoenix said, using her wing to dust herself off.

Kunzite and Phoenix look around their surroundings only to see crystals everywhere.

“Where are we?” Phoenix slowly asked, her tone cautious.

“I’ve heard of this place before! It’s the Caves beneath the Crystal Empire.” Kunzite said, touching the cold exterior of the crystals.

“Is there even a way out of here?” Phoenix asked, looking around.

Kunzite eyes scanned the surroundings. “There should be.” He mutters to her.

Phoenix eyes caught something that glimmered.

“Huh? Hey Kunzite do you think you can use your dragon breath as a fire. I see something ahead in the distance.” Phoenix said.

Kunzite blows his fire breath in the direction that Phoenix was looking at. She gasped at what she saw. “It’s the Elements!” Phoenix said, her tone excited.

They both flew toward them. “They're all here! Wait… one, two, three, four, five …. where’s the sixth element?” Kunzite asked, looking down at them.

Phoenix scanned their surroundings once more. “Over there!”

From afar, wedged between two crystal rocks was the Element of Magic which was next to the escape.

The two took off, once they landed Phoenix hoof missed the stone, but Kunzite quickly grabbed her front hoof and lifted her up.

“Thanks.” Phoenix mutters.

They were now five feet from the Element and they exist.

“There it is! Now let’s grab the Element and get the heck out of here.” Phoenix said.

Kunzite froze for a moment. “Wait do you hear that?” He asked, his head turned to the source of the sound, which sounded like the scatter and crunching of crystals.

The pair back up, only to be met by a trio of ponies, their eyes red- clearly the work of Sombra and Twilight. “You’re not going anywhere.”

PreviousChapters Next