• Published 31st Mar 2020
  • 3,836 Views, 15 Comments

Dancing With The Shadows - Vocal Sweets



What happens when Princess Twilight Sparkle marries The Lord of Chaos? Happily Ever Afters are for everypony right? Or maybe not all fairytales are meant to have a happy ending.

  • ...
6
 15
 3,836

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 14: Have You Heard The News? (Part 1)

Harmonia walked along the small path of Ponyville on her way home. It’s been awhile since she has tried to speak to her mother, yet her mother remained distant to her, Starlight, Tempest, Miss. Trixie and her own friends.

She remained too scared to return home, in fear of getting yelled at by her mother.

“Harmonia Sparkle? What are you doing out here? It’s late. Shouldn’t you be home?” Said a familiar voice.

Harmonia looks up from kicking a stray pebble on the pathway to notice that the voice belonged to Jewel Bliss.

“Jewel? W-what are you doing here? And wait… why are you having conversations with me? We hardly talked at Celestia’s school. So why are you trying to talk to me now?” Harmonia asked.

“Yeah… I want to apologize for that. I didn’t mean to do that to you. I really did want to be your friend… I guess Crystal and the need to be in the “it crowd” got to me. I’m sorry.” Jewel mutters.

Harmonia noticed that the unicorn looked truly apologetic for her past actions, however something felt off.

“Look I’ll accept your apology if you can help me with something.” Harmonia said.

“What’s that?” Jewel asked.

“D-do you think I could come and have a sleepover at your house? Just this once.” Harmonia asked.

Jewel looks at Harmonia, her eyebrows knitted in confusion. “What? Wait… why? Won’t your mother be worried about you?” Jewel asked.

Harmonia bit her lip, unsure if Jewel has heard the news about why her parents split or not. “.... it’s complicated.” She muttered her ears down folded.

“Oh….” Jewel mutters.

“Besides I just can’t go home right now…” she said with a quiet tone.

Jewel thought for a moment. “.... well I’m sure my mother and father wouldn’t mind. I’m sure they’d be thrilled to meet the Princess of Friendship’s daughter.”

Harmonia's saddened expression tugs into a soft smile. “Okay let me just send a note to my mom and then we can go.” She explains.

Harmonia snaps a quill and parchment paper into existence, as she begins to scribble on the empty parchment.


Mom,

Don’t bother waiting up on me to return home tonight. I went to spend the night at Aunt Applejack’s house. I’ll see you in the morning.

Love,

Harmonia

Harmonia snaps her paw and teleports the letter to her mother.

“There! Now that that is taken care of let’s go.” Harmonia said.

***

The city of Canterlot was particularly quiet around the late hours of the evening. Jewel and Harmonia made their way to the front door of Jewel’s crystal home, as Harmonia watched Celestia’s sun set over the horizon setting into dusk.

“My parents should be at home.” Jewel said.

She opened the door to reveal a spotless home and her father coming through the foyer.

“Ah! There you are my dear just in time for dinner.” Fancy Pants said, he embraced his daughter in a hug.

“Hello Jewel dear, oh who is zith?” Fleur De Lis asked, noticing that Harmonia was in the room.

“Mother, this is Harmonia Sparkle.” Jewel said, introducing the two to her new friend.

“Sparkle you say?” Fancy Pants questions his daughter.

“Mhm.” Jewel said, smiling.

Fancy Pants and Fleur De Lis look at Harmonia for a second, she couldn’t tell if they were judging her or micro sizing her appearance.

Fancy Pants was the first to break the awkward silence. “.... my dear, apologize for staring but are you the daughter of Princess Twilight Sparkle?” He asked.

“Yes ma’am….. I- I mean sir.” Harmonia eyes widened and her cheeks blushed with embarrassment.

Fleur's soft, light airy laughter broke the awkwardness. “... And she’s funny just like her father.” she said.

“.... yeah… hehe.” Harmonia eyes downcast to the crystal tile flooring.

“Quite dear.” Fancy Pants said.

“So Miss. Sparkle-” Fancy Pants stated, but Harmonia politely cuts him off.

“Please call me Harmonia, Mrs. Sparkle is my mother.” Harmonia explains.

Fancy Pants lightly chuckles. “Very well then dear. So Harmonia what brings you to Canterlot?” He asked.

“It’s not everyday we get visitors from Ponyville here. Especially in our very own home.” Fleur explains.

“Should I tell them the real reason why I’m here?” Harmonia wonders.

But she decided against it. “.... oh um just here for a visit.” She said, giving them a fake smile.

“... but it’s late.” Fleur said.

Harmonia begins to pull at the ends of her hair whenever she feels nervous.

“She was wondering if she could spend the night?” Jewel asked.

“Of course! But is everything alright dear you look like you’re about to pass out.” Fancy Pants asked.

“.... of- of course! Why wouldn’t it be?” Harmonia said she didn’t realize how bad her paws were shaking.

Why was she so nervous? Like her anxiety shifted from zero to a hundred real quick.

“Here, come sit down.” Fleur instructed.

Harmonia did what she was told and sat on the soft velvet couch. This was something her mother definitely didn’t have back at the castle.

“I’ll go get you some water.” Fancy Pants said.

Harmonia nodded and was left alone with Jewel and Fleur for a couple of minutes. “Maybe we should call your mother?” Fleur suggested.

“No! I… I mean no thank you. I’ll be fine.” Harmonia said.

“Are you sure you’re okay Harmonia?” Jewel asked.

“I will be, once I have some-” Harmonia said, but Fancy Pants cuts her off.

“Here you go dear.” Fancy Pants, offers her the glass of water.

Harmonia takes a few sips before sitting the cup down. “Better?” Fleur asked.

“Much.” Harmonia smiles.

“Well we were just about to eat. Care to join us?” Fancy Pants asked.

Harmonia thought for a moment before coming up with her question. “ I ... would love to.” Harmonia said.

***

Harmonia joins Jewel and her family around the dining table. She took in the sights and delightful conversation she was hearing.

It was nothing like she had back at home, normally she would just sit in her room alone and eat or sometimes sit at the dining room table until Starlight comes and joins her, which was on occasion or Tempest, which was extremely rare.

“So my little Jewel, how was school today? Learn anything new?” Fleur asked.

“.... well we learned a transfiguration spell.” Jewel explains.

“So this is what having a family again feels like.” Harmonia thought to herself.

“What about you Harmonia did you learn the same spell work as Jewel did?” Fancy asked.

“Oh um I don’t exactly go there anymore. I go to my mother's school: The School of Friendship.” Harmonia explains.

“So is that why I haven’t seen you around campus? Because you transferred schools?” Jewel questioned.

“Yep.” Harmonia said, taking a bite of her food.

“That’s interesting! You know I used to go to Celestia school as well when I was around your age.” Fleur said.

“Really?” Jewel asked.

“Yes, I knew Princess Mi Amore Cadenza back when Princess Celestia took her under her wing as her niece. However, she also studied under the Princess even though she was a Princess herself.” Fleur explains.

“.... you knew my aunt?” Harmonia asked.

“Of course, dear.” Fleur said.

“...wait so if you were friends with the Princess of The Crystal Empire then how in Equestria did you meet father? No offense.” Jewel questions.

“I’ll let that offense slide, and to answer your question I was actually great friends with Shining Armor.” Fancy Pants explains.

“Shining Armor is actually the one who got your mother and I together in the first place.” Fancy said.

“But I thought Cadence was the Princess of Love?” Harmonia question.

“She is dear, but back then you’re uncle Shining Armor was a pretty great matchmaker himself.” Fleur said.

“Thanks to him we are now married with a beautiful daughter. And we couldn’t be happier.” Fancy Pants said, smiling at his wife and daughter.

“.... awe that’s such a sweet story.” Jewel said.

“It was a tad sappy for my taste but still sweet.” Harmonia said.

Fancy gave a slight chuckle.“You should see how your uncle was when we tried to set him up with a date with your Aunt Cadence. Now that is a fairy tale.” He says.

“But also a story for another time dear. It’s already 10:37 pm the girls should be in bed by now.” Fleur said.

“Right, well you girls head on to bed. We will finish up down here.” Fancy said.

“Goodnight!” Harmonia and Jewel both shout in unison before heading up to Jewel’s bedroom.

***

“You have a lovely room.” Harmonia said.

“Well thank you, but I bet it’s nothing compared to your room at Princess Twilight’s castle! I bet she has over a million rooms there.” Jewel said lightly giggling.

“You have no idea! This one time Aunt Starlight told me she got lost trying to look for my mom’s throne room and instead ended up in the supply room.” Harmonia giggles.

Jewel giggled as well.

“Hey Jewel? Can I ask you something?” Harmonia asked.

“Of course.” Jewel beams.

“Did you only invite me here out of self pity?” Harmonia asked.

“Self pity? Harmonia what are you talking about?” Jewel questions.

“You haven’t heard the rumors?” Harmonia questioned.

“No…. what rumors? Harmonia you’re starting to scare me? What rumors? What’s going on?” Jewel questions.

“She doesn’t know about what happened between my parents.” Harmonia thought.

“..... wait! quick question when we first meet back at Celestia’s school, but you didn’t bother to show back up… where did you go? Was it because of me?” Harmonia questions.

“Not exactly, our family got offered a last minute job relocation at the time. It was in Ponyaris, Prance we stayed there for almost five years, until my parents decided to finish the jobs they had there a year earlier than originally planned. They decided to move back here because the education system was spectacular at Princess Celestia school. Sad to hear that you’re not going there anymore however.” Jewel said.

“.... yeah.” Harmonia mutters.

“Now that I explained my reason-” Jewel said.

“But what kind of jobs did your parents have?” Harmonia asked, but Jewel cut her off.

“No, we are not changing the subject again. Now what rumors?” Jewel asked.

“It’s nothing.” Harmonia mutters.

“Well it’s obviously something or you would not have brought it up.” Jewel said.

“Like I said it’s nothing. Let’s just forget about it.” Harmonia mutters.

“We are not going to bed until you tell me what’s going on with you. Harmonia, we may not have been great friends back then but everypony makes bad choices. However, we live, learn from them and if it’s not too late then we fix them.” Jewel said, her tone slightly hardened.

“Then I guess we will pull an all-nighter.” Harmonia said, her tone nonchalant.

“... And to be completely honest, I want to fix my friendship with you.” Jewel said, offering her hoof.

Harmonia gazes down at Jewel hoof before looking at her. “Trying to fix a long forgotten friendship after five years sounds pretty too late to fix to me. Don’t you think?” Her gazes harden slightly.

Jewel looked at her. “Fine, I’ll let it go, but just know I was trying to be your friend.” Jewel said, before turning over and going to bed.

***

Harmonia tossed and turned, she was restless and couldn’t sleep.

She looked at the clock. It was 1:43 am and she just couldn’t shut her running thoughts off.

Harmonia easies off the bed, making her way over to Jewel’s drawer, searching for paper, quill and a spare bottle of ink.

She found what she was looking for and sits down at the desk, writing:

“I don't want to be left behind yet being distance quickly became a friend of mine. Yet I find myself catching breath in a web of lies. Here I've spent most of my life obeying rules and playing games. And I find myself shadow boxing the other half. And I'm looking for a place yet I find myself searching for a face. Is anypony here I know. Cause nothing is going right And everything's a mess. And no pony likes to be alone. And all I remember is your back
Walking towards somepony,- who if you ask me was worth leaving me & mom all in your past. I remember begging to see you and I also begged you to want me, but you didn't want to. And all of your promises fall flat. And I plan on making something of myself and I can see you wanting to come back in my life. However, your love, it isn't free, it has to be earned. When I was little we both knew I didn't have anything you needed so I was worthless. Sad to say I’m glad to hear that you moved on and it clearly shows how much you cared for us, shows how much you needed us. Which seems to be not at all so good for you! I hope you're happy…

Harmonia pauses for a moment looking at the clock. It was already 3:16 am. She was hoping writing would take everything off her mind, yet she still felt something gnawing at the back of her mind. She didn’t realize she already used 4 sheets of paper and that she was now pulling out her fifth sheet from the drawer. She dips her quill back into the pot before pulling it back out.

She bares back down on the parchment.

You know? It sucks I wish I could figure out who you left us for. It’s funny however, a mare looks up to her father? So you’re saying that it’s okay to use ponies for their own selflessness? I mean I know I’m you made over but COME ON I don’t think I’d use a pony out of selfishness. Now unless I have a very good reason to and in this situation I am in right now, I do.

As you can see I don’t have a family anymore, it’s broken I’ve tried to rebuild it with the ponies I still have left in my life, but we became so distant ... who else was I supposed to turn too? My friends all have their personal lives with their families, besides they already know of the situation. So I had to go to the pony I least expected to know.

Thankfully she hasn’t questioned it, but I’m starting to feel like she is becoming slightly suspicious of it. Is it wrong of me to use somepony else as my family? Because right now mine is so lost in the dark they can’t seem to find the light no matter how hard you try! So can you blame the universe for trying to be happy for once?!

Harmonia yawns, as she looks at the clock one last time-5:15 am. It was still dark outside, as she put the quill back in its holder. She yawned as her eyes grew heavy and before she knew it she was out like a light on at Jewel’s desk.

Sleeping away, without noticing the letter she wrote to herself all five pages gently falling to the floor.

***

“Harmonia. Harmonia! Wake up!” Jewel said, gently shaking her friend awake.

“Huh?” Harmonia asked, her voice slightly groggy from sleep.

“W-what time is it?” Harmonia looks out the window of Jewel’s house. She could hear the birds chirping and Celestia’s sun streamed through the window and curtains.

“It’s 6:38 am why?” Jewel asked.

“I’ve got to get home!” Harmonia said.

“... but what about breakfast?” Jewel asked.

“I can easily poof me a muffin or even some milk. See?” Harmonia poofs in the two existing items‍.

“And what about the rumors?” Jewel questions again.

“...Sorry to leave so suddenly, but I really should be getting home.” Harmonia said, looking at Jewel in an apologetic way.

“It’s fine. Go on ahead, I’ll tell mother and father you just went home early.” Jewel explains.

“Thank you! And you know for once in my life I actually had fun. I really enjoyed myself. Hope we can do this again soon!” Harmonia said.

Jewel looks at the grounding noticing that Harmonia must have dropped something. “Harmonia! Wait I think you-” Jewel shouts but before she could finish she was already gone.

“.... dropped something.” Jewel mutters this last bit to herself.

Jewel picks up the five page parchment which was scattered about. She was unsure of which order they went in for she just gathered them randomly.

She happened to catch sight of a few words or sentences that either made her question her friend or made her finally understand why she did not wish to tell her.

A faint voice called from downstairs. “Harmonia, Jewel! Breakfast!” Called her mother.

“Be down in a minute, mother.” Jewel calls back. She decided to organize the papers in the order Harmonia thinks she would have had them and began to scan the papers. “..... So Harmonia's father left Princess Twilight for who?! But why? Whoever it was…. this sounds messed up on so many levels.” Jewel mutters to herself.

Jewel continues to read, getting so immersed and lost in the letter, she forgot her mother called their name a second time.

“Jewel Bliss! Harmonia Spark- where’s Harmonia?” Fancy Pants asked.

“She had to go home.” Jewel mutters absentmindedly, still staring at the letter.

“.... what do you have there.” Fancy Pants asked.

“.... A letter.” She said, still reading it.

“Alright! Well once you finish please come down stairs so you can eat your breakfast before it gets cold. I’ll tell your mother that Harmonia went home.” Fancy explains.

Fancy Pants left the room, leaving the door shut behind him.

As Jewel got to the last page, she slowed down reading it, taking and processing the upsetting, but shocking information. “..... wait so Harmonia was using me?!” Jewel screeched.

***

Luna paced up and down the hallway, waiting for her sister to step out. Luna’s galaxy dress swirled as she turned in frustration. Luna still couldn’t believe that her sister and Discord were getting married. She wanted to tell her sister this but she also wanted to support her sister so Luna was torn. Luna growled as she knocked on the door.

“Celestia! Would you hurry up?! You have been in that room for 20 minutes! You are going to miss your own wedding if you don’t hurry up!” Luna yelled.

Celestia looks at herself in the elongated mirror, admiring her wedding dress. “When did you become impatient?” Celestia said, she was still fawning over her dress.

“Oh I don’t know! You have been in that room for ages and nearly everypony in Equestria is waiting for you to get married! Now, would you be so kind and open the door so we can get going?” Luna said sarcastically. Celestia rolled her eyes and opened the door. Luna burst into the room, stressed.

“Finally!! Now, get your flank out of this room right now!” Luna said, pushing her head against Celestia’s wedding dress, signaling Celestia to move. Celestia didn’t and turned her head towards Luna.

“Luna, do you think Discord and I should get married?” Luna stopped pushing Celestia’s dress. She turned around, her head looking down.

“Let’s see…. You already accepted the ring and you broke Twilight’s heart. What else do you want?” Luna asked, her tone slightly bitter. Celestia’s eyes widen. She knew what she had done but she did want to be with Discord. Celestia sighed.

“Look Luna. I know what you are saying. I know what I did was terrible but-" Celestia said, however her sister cut her off.

“But I didn’t expect you two to do this!” Luna snaps. Celestia gasped and took a step back. Celestia didn’t understand why Luna wouldn’t support her. Celestia’s eyes narrowed.

"If he loved me so much, then why did he choose me instead of Twilight?!” Celestia asks, her voice getting an octave higher than normal.

“He did choose her for nine years! But you just could not get over yourself- or him in this case!” She snaps.

Celestia said nothing at first until she looks at Luna for a minute before saying.

“This was mine and Discord’s choice. I don’t understand why you wouldn’t support me in one of the biggest moments of my life! Discord loves me and I love him!" Celestia said.

“I can’t believe you.” Luna mutters, her tone remaining low and harsh. Luna brushes past Celestia, walking out the door and down the hallway. Luna’s eyes filled with tears as her hoofsteps made contact with the floor.

Luna shook her head angrily.

***

Harmonia lifts herself into the window sill of her bedroom.

For the past few weeks she has been afraid to return home, ever since her dad left. Her mother has been nothing but an emotional wreck.

Harmonia mostly spent her nights over at one of the girls houses, but tonight she felt like going somewhere different, luckily she has yet to be caught for sneaking out late at night only to return at the crack of dawn.

Her bag made a thump on the crystal tiled flooring of her bedroom, she let out a soft sigh as she made her way to her bed. She sinks herself into her covers.

Twilight watches from the hallway, peering in on her daughter. She carefully made her way to her daughter’s room, she wanted to wake her up, but decided that it was too early to even be bothered.

“We will have this discussion later missy.” Twilight mutters, before turning back and heading back to bed.

***

Twilight looks down at her book, reading, but trying her best to keep her mind occupied, distracted from what she was wanting to talk to her daughter about.

“Do you have any idea how mortifying it is to find out that your daughter has been spending every night in somepony else’s home and they did bother to tell me?” Twilight said, her tone was nonchalant.

Harmonia stood frozen. “W-what?” She asks, her tone slightly heard.

Twilight looks up from her book, staring at her daughter.

Harmonia didn’t know rather to be mortified by her mother’s response or say something. Twilight walks over to her. “You told me that you were at Applejack’s.”

“Well you never pay much attention to me anyways. So why does it matter where I am?” Harmonia asks.

“Uh, they think you’re their daughter!” Twilight explains.

Harmonia sighs, slightly annoyed by her mother’s overreaction. “These-These- These ponies.” Twilight said, further lecturing her daughter.

Harmonia pulls at her hair a bit. “They’re not just some random group of ponies, mom. They are-” Harmonia mutters, but Twilight cut her off with her sudden shouting.

“What?! What?! What are they?!” Twilight asks, her tone becoming impatient and upsetting.

Harmonia furrows her tiny eyebrows, equally getting frustrated. “I don’t know!” she yells back.

Starlight and Tempest walk into the living room, but neither of them acknowledged the pair.

“Because they act like you’re their- like they’ve adopted you!” Twilight said, continuing to rant. “Like I’m just some-- like I don’t even exist!” Twilight said, her tone rather heated.

Harmonia furrowed her eyebrows. “They take care of me!” she shouts.

“They’re not your parents! Hey, that’s not even your real family, Harmony!” Said Twilight.

“They’re nice to me! They actually pay attention to me!” Harmonia shouts back, tears aligned in her eyes.

Twilight’s sighs. “Well, they’re lovely, lovely ponies.”

Harmonia voice softens a bit. “Yeah.”

“But they don’t know you!” Twilight’s shouts.

“What?! And you do?!” Harmonia shot back.

Twilight laughs, one full of hurt and sarcasm. “I thought I did.” she said.

“What?! What do you even know about me?!” Harmonia asks.

“Because you hardly spend time with me anymore! Ever since Dad left, you shut yourself away from everypony! Because you don’t know anything about me!” Harmonia said, continuing.

Twilight’s eyes burned with hot tears. “Hey! I am trying my best!” she shouts.

“They like me! Because they accept me for who I am, they- they pay attention to me! Something that you have hardly done! Why do you think I don’t want to be here mom?! Huh?” Harmonia questions her mother.

Twilight corals back a bit. “Okay wait.”

“No-- they don’t believe in ignoring me and actually want to spend it with me, instead of closing themselves off!” Harmonia said.

“I’m your mother, my job is to take care of you!” Twilight said.

“No! I know I’m such a mistake, a disaster and that I am the worst thing that’s ever happened to you!” Harmonia explains.

“You!! Are the only--” Twilight paused hot, burning tears fell down her face as she still spoke. “The one good thing that has ever happened to me, Harmony! Sorry I can’t give you anything more than that!”

Twilight gave a sarcastic laugh. “Taturus!”

“Well, it’s not my fault other ponies can.” Harmonia mumbles.

***

Starlight sighed as she planted her face into her pillow. She didn’t know what to think. She stood up another stallion. She knew that she didn’t want to be alone for the rest of her life but she didn’t know who to spend it with. A knock at the door was heard. Starlight groaned and ignited her horn and opened the door.

“Starlight? What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be meeting with that stallion?” Tempest asked as she closed the door.

“I stood him up ...again.” Starlight groaned. Tempest shook her head slightly and walked towards her.

“You know you can’t do this. I know that you want to find somepony special but you can’t keep rejecting every stallion you see.” Tempest said.

“I know. I don’t know what to do! I don’t want to be alone but I just can’t seem to find the perfect stallion! Urghhhh!” Starlight grumbled.

“Well, these things take time Starlight. I know that you are going to find somepony that you want to spend the rest of your life with.” Tempest said, sitting next to Starlight on the bed.

“Like who?” Starlight asked. Tempest blushed and was about to respond when the door flung open and there stood Trixie. Her mane was tangled and her eyes were bloodshot and watery.

“Trixie? What are you doing here?” Starlight said, turning over on her bed to see the unicorn. Trixie whimpered as she ran up to Starlight, tackling her in a hug.

“I caught Blueblood cheating on me!” Trixie cried into Starlight’s shoulder. Starlight’s eyes widen. She could feel Trixie shiver. Starlight wrapped her hooves around Trixie.

“What? How?” Starlight asked. Trixie took a step back and wiped her nose on Tempest’s mane. Tempest groaned in disgust and gently pushed the unicorn away. Trixie wiped her eyes and sighed.

“I saw him at a cafe in Canterlot. I was out shopping with Mystic and then my friend came up to me and said that she saw Blueblood with another mare. I was suspicious so I asked Mystic to stay with my friend as I went to find him. When I got to the cafe, I saw that he was flirting and kissing another mare! IN PUBLIC!” Trixie broke down in tears as she sulked to the ground. Starlight’s heart broke as she saw the state of her friend. Starlight then noticed something. She looked at her mane and it suddenly reminded her of snow and she saw that her coat was as blue as water. Something inside Starlight sparked. Starlight shook her head and put a hoof around Trixie.

“Sssh. How about you stay at the castle for a couple of days? There are plenty of rooms and I can cook you breakfast. Your kids can come along with you if you want them to.” Starlight suggested. Trixie looked up at Starlight. Trixie gave a small smile to her and hugged her tightly. Starlight’s heart thumped in her chest. She hugged back warmly. Tempest rolled her eyes and began to walk out the door. Starlight noticed Tempest walking out the door, blushed and pulled away from Trixie.

“I can show you out the door Trixie.” Tempest said. Trixie and Starlight departed from their hug. When Trixie was gone, Starlight rushed out the door to give Twilight the news…..and to get her something to eat.

***

Twilight covers her head, shielding herself away in her pillow fort. It’s been five weeks since Discord has left her and Harmonia, and at the state she was in, she wasn’t doing well. Twilight, ate, but barely. Her friends were concerned for her well being, even her own daughter. She barely spoke to them, the only thing she did was stay in her room, surrounded by darkness and her books.

She remained in her pillow fort, surrounded by wads of tissue paper. She just shields herself away from everypony. Starlight and Tempest came to check on her a few times, but they were scared to even try talking to her, in fear that they would get yelled at.

The swarm of news about Celestia and Discord’s wedding was all over the small town of Ponyville and in the big city of Canterlot.

Twilight has heard about the news a week ago, and has shut herself in her room ever since then. She has even received an invitation from the “lovely couple”. She didn’t throw it away, she just simply laid it on her dresser, the envelope remained torn, the invitation peeking out of it.

Twilight sighs as she gets out of her pillow fort. Her eyes were red from crying, she remained unsmiling, not even Pinkie Pie could make her smile. She began to walk in the darkness. She came across a photo of herself, Discord and Harmonia. Twilight sighs and tears begin to fill her eyes. Twilight’s ears perked up at the sound of knocking at her door.

“Twilight? It’s me Starlight. Look, I know you don’t wanna talk but I know you haven’t eaten anything for the past couple days. I baked you something.” Starlight said.

Twilight sighs, not really wanting to talk to anypony at the moment, but opens the door instead. “Thanks Starlight, but I’m not hungry.” She mutters to the unicorn.

“Twilight, you have to eat something. You have us really worried about you. Not only me and your friends, but Harmonia as well.” Starlight explains as she levitates a bowl of warm soup.

“I said, I’m not hungry.” repeats Twilight, her teeth slightly bared.

“Twilight. You need to eat. I know you say that you are not hungry but you need to.” Starlight teleported herself into Twilight’s room and placed the bowl of soup down on Twilight’s bedside table.

“There! Now, I also have something to tell you. Trixie is going to be staying here for a couple of days with her kids. Unfortunately, something has happened and Trixie needs some time away from Blueblood.” Starlight said, cleaning up the dirty tissues and opening the curtains to let light in.

Twilight watches Starlight in annoyance, not really wanting to be bothered. Starlight looks at Twilight's dresser and notices the wedding invitation.

“Oh. um…. You got an invitation? I got one as well. I was thinking of maybe going to it.” Starlight said.

Twilight scoffs. “Go right ahead, but you won’t be seeing me there.” Twilight said, her tone bitter.

“Well, I’m not sure. I was going to ask you if you were going, but I wasn’t sure if you had received an invitation or not.” Starlight said, making a duster appear and brushing off the dust off the dresser.

Twilight carefully watches as Starlight cleans her room, again she really didn’t feel like being pestered with at the moment.

“You know, Harmonia is worried about you. She notices that you have been distant towards her. In fact, you have been distant to all of us. Me, your friends, Tempest, Cadence and Shining Armor, Flurry Heart. You know that we are trying to help and comfort you ever since what happened with Celestia and Discord.” Starlight explained, wiping a piece of cloth onto a picture of Discord and Twilight.

Twilight sighs. “I know that, Starlight.” she mutters. Starlight continues cleaning her room until she spots a fancy wooden box underneath Twilight’s bed. Starlight ignited her horn and levitated the box out from under the bed with her magic.

“Hey Twilight? What’s this box doing under your bed?” Starlight asked, twirling it around the room.

Twilight looks at her friend, slightly confused by what she was talking about. Her eyes widened, at what Starlight had. It was all the letters that Twilight has kept over the past 4 ½ years that Discord has written to her every year on their anniversary, except this year.

“What are you doing?! Don’t touch that!” Twilight yelled, lighting her horn and grabbing the wooden box of Starlight. Starlight gasps at what she just witnessed.

“I’m sorry Twilight. I didn’t know what it was. It was under your bed and I wanted to see what it was” Starlight explained nervously.

Nopony touches this!” Twilight yells, she quickly puts the box back where it belongs. She looks at Starlight, the tone in her voice changed.

“I think you should leave.” Twilight said, she looked at her friend. Her expression was unwavering.

“Twilight?” Starlight began.

Twilight levitates the bowl of soup, which is now cold. “I said, get out!” Twilight yells. She throws the soup, hurling it at Starlight.

Starlight ducks, she looks up and her eyes widened. “Twilight, I- '' Starlight started, but Twilight poofs into the hallway before she knew it.

Twilight then slams the door, in Starlight's face.

***

Celestia looked slightly concerned, but she shook the feeling off, feeling happy for herself as she was about to marry the love of her life.

Celestia looks out the small window, awaiting to walk through, her white wedding gown flowing softly behind her.

“Nothing to worry about, nothing to worry about Tia…” She said as she exhales deeply, she now gets ready for her wedding as a bridal maid knocks on her door. Everypony outside was happy for the two, cheering and clapping their hooves together.

At the end of the carpet, Discord, Celestia walks down the aisle, smiling at Discord. Discord lets out a small smile, his guilt still hitting him, but he kept on shaking the feeling off.

Starlight and the ones who decided to watch the wedding happen watched as Celestia walked down the aisle, Starlight frowned as she saw the sight of the two, feeling disgusted and a repulsive feeling hit her stomach.

Celestia slowly makes her way down the long aisle.

Celestia finally made her way down the aisle, looking lovingly at Discord. Starlight carefully watches the pair, as they each say their vows. Luna- as much as she despised it- had to be the one to marry them.

Luna puts on a fake front, so she wouldn't be seen as a bad role model, or worst princess.

“Fillies and gentlecolts, we are gathered here today to witness the wedding of both my sister, Princess Celestia and Discord. If anypony here objects to why these two should not be-” Luna said.

“I object!” Shouts a voice from the crowd.

The crowd of ponies gasped.

“Who said that?” Discord asks, looking out of the sea of ponies. He then looks at Celestia who just shrugged in response.

“I did!” From the crowd, stood Starlight.

The ponies gasped. Celestia's eyes narrowed at Starlight, awaiting for her to speak.

“I know the real reason why you wanted to marry Discord!! When Harmonia was crowned Princess, you knew that Twilight was going to stop ruling for a bit then you were going to scheme some sort of plan to get Discord to love you!” Starlight shouted. Everypony gasped and looked around, shocked and confused. Discord turned to Celestia, confused.

“Tia, is this true? Were you going to do that?” Discord asked.

Celestia looks out at the ponies then at Starlight before turning to Discord. “.... No, I could never do that!” Celestia said.

“LIAR!” Starlight shouted. Everypony gasped in shock. Celestia narrowed her eyes at Starlight.

“I think it's time for you to leave.” Celestia said, her tone harsh.

“I am not going to leave until you tell the truth!” Starlight dared.

“Guards!” Celestia commended.

Guards began to surround Starlight as she glared. Starlight ignited her horn and teleported to Celestia and Discord.

“This is not right Celestia! You can’t do this! You can’t destroy Twilight’s relationship with Discord!” Starlight pointed a hoof at Celestia. Guards grabbed Starlight and pinned her to the ground.

“Guards, I would like you to escort Starlight out of Canterlot.” Celestia said, her tone serious. The guards nodded and dragged Starlight out of the room by the tail. Starlight squirmed to get out the grasp but it was no use.

“You won’t get away with this Celestia!” Starlight yelled as the doors closed. Luna cleared her throat.

“So, may we continue on with the ceremony?” Luna asks, she was just going to pretend that she did not just witness what happened.

Celestia looks to her sister and nods. “Do you Celestia take Discord to be your lawfully wedded husband?” Luna asks.

Celestia smiles. “I do.”

Luna turns to Discord. “Do you Discord take Celestia to be your lawfully wedded wife?” She asks.

“I do!” Discord said.

“Then by the power vested in me and the city of Canterlot. I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.” Luna announces.

She then closes the book, walking off the stage, not wanting to witness anymore of this distasteful scene.

***

Celestia throws the bouquet of flowers over her, awaiting for one lucky mare to catch it.

The single mares gasped once they realized who caught the bouquet.

Luna.

Luna gazes at the flowers, sheepishly. As she holds them in her aura.

As the small crowd of single mares dismissed, Celestia walked up to her sister and a wide grin plastered on her face, but faults once she realized what her sister was doing.

“Luna, what do you think you're doing?” She questions the blue Alicorn.

Luna didn't say anything, but disposed of the flowers. “I don't do relationships or weddings for that matter.” She said, her tone blunt before walking off.

PreviousChapters Next