• Published 31st Mar 2020
  • 3,836 Views, 15 Comments

Dancing With The Shadows - Vocal Sweets



What happens when Princess Twilight Sparkle marries The Lord of Chaos? Happily Ever Afters are for everypony right? Or maybe not all fairytales are meant to have a happy ending.

  • ...
6
 15
 3,836

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 29: The Next Saviors Of Equestria

“I… I can’t believe the Elements are gone… we… we lost.” Harmonia mutters, looking down at the smashed Elements of Harmony.

“First the Tree of Harmony is smashed and now the Elements are smashed…. Face it! There is no way we are going to beat both Sombra and my mother.” She mutters.

“Now’s not a time to lose hope darling.” Rarity said, rubbing her back.

“Are you kidding?! The Tree Of Harmony is gone because of Sombra, both of them have taken over the Crystal Empire and Canterlot!” Harmonia said, slowly accepting the defeat.

"Everyone quit your bickering! Can't you see Equestria needs us, It needs you Harmonia!" HoneyCrisp snaps in anger, she looks at the deadly couple distant to them, Twilight's longsword brandished and sharp, Sombra's scythe curved and sharpened.

"She's right, if there's one thing I learned all throughout my quiet life, It's to be expendable!" Meadow Bliss replies, standing his ground, Celestia and Luna winced from their injuries yet stood up to look at the couple distant to them.

"Stopping here won't be the answer, we just gotta look forward and beat their flanks!" Prism states, lifting a broadsword on his wing, he then stares at the two menacingly.

"We may be party animals, but we can learn a thing or two!" Confetti Pop interjects, Cotton Berry goes ahead of his sister standing alongside Prism.

"And we learned how to care for each other through thick and thin!" Cotton Berry smirks at Confetti Pop who giggles.

"We're doing this aren't we?" Ophelia questions the group, she sighs as nobody answers her.

"I learned that even in the most dangerous of scenarios, It's best that we have each other." Ophelia brings out her claws and stares at the couple in front of them.

Harmonia looks around her, seeing friends stood side by side, Discord and Starlight stood together, their magic charged up, Celestia and Luna stood together with their longsword and halberd carried by magic, she then looks at her mother, whose eyes are narrowed at everyone.

"Im lucky to have you guys…" Harmonia mutters quietly, a tear falls down from her face, Discord goes to her daughter, and strokes her mane.

"Let's end this." Discord looks at Twilight, and back to everyone.

"Once and for all!" Discord states, Sombra summons Darklings all around them, changelings break into the windows and swarms them.

"Are we gonna do this!?" Confetti gets pumped from all the action around them, one Changeling charged at Prism, Prism smirks as he then slashes the changeling that went towards him, crashing to the ground and sliding onto Confetti Pop, she then knocks the changeling out with a 2x4 piñata stick.

"It's party time!" Cotton Berry yells as he then brings out a confetti tube and aims for the darkling going towards him, blinding the darkling with confetti he then pushes the darkling towards Harmonia who instantly disintegrates it.

"Sister watch out!" Luna pushes Celestia away as a darkling pounces its way towards her, Luna thrusts the sword into the darkling then blasting it into smoke with her magic.

"Thanks!" Celestia knocks a changeling with the blunt end of the halberd, making it dazed, he then shoves the changeling and blasts it with magic, sending it to the wall.

"Sombra, go after Discord, Celestia is mine!" Twilight waits no longer as she teleports away, Sombra smiles as he turns into black mist and goes after Discord.

"Now this is what I call, a party!" Confetti Pop laughs maniacally as she brings out the party cannon, blasting a group of changelings headed for them.

"She sure is pumped for this!" HoneyCrisp bucks a changeling on the face, dazing it, Discord comes in to carry the changeling by the neck, throwing it to the pillar.

"She's Pinkie Pie's daughter what do you expe-" Discord stops as Sombra appeared beside them, with the scythe at the ready to slash, HoneyCrisp screams as Sombra goes for a side hit, Discord grabs the scythes handle and punched Sombra's face, denting the armor.

"So we meet again." Discord replies, his tone mocking, Sombra growls in anger as he shoves Discord away and goes for an overhead strike, Discord blasts magic at him, following up with a slash with his claw towards Sombra's chest armor.

"You'll pay for that!" Sombra snaps as he blasts magic at Discord.

"How much?" Discord mocks as he disappears out of Sombra's sight, he reappears from above dropping rubble on Sombra, Sombra casts a forcefield to shield him from the rubble falling.

"Get out of here! Now!" Discord yells at HoneyCrisp who nods and runs to tend to Prism and Meadow Bliss, Sombra breaks out of the rubble and blasts magic at Discord.

"Can't you see Discord? She loves me more than you, I provided everything for her, I even cared for h-" Sombra was stopped as Discord teleported down instantly and whipped Sombra using his tail to the face, instantly removing the helmet.

"I love her more than life itself Sombra!" Discord interjects in anger as he tries to grab Sombra by the neck, Sombra disperses in dark mist and circles around Discord.

"Love her? You left her to suffer and break!" Sombra chuckles, Discord grits his teeth in anger.

"You treated her like a pet!" Discord replies as he snaps his finger, a bright flash of light blinds Sombra and stops circling around Discord.

"And you disgust me for it!" Discord states menacingly, Sombra's eyes open only to meet a punch from Discord once more, Sombra hits his head on the pillar making him lay on the ground, dazed and limp.

"It's time I end this feud!" Discord grabbed Sombra by the neck and slammed him on the pillar behind him once more.

"I don't think so, Romeo!" Discord's eyes widened, Twilight mocks Discord and blasts him out of the way.

"Keep your paws off my stallion, he's a better gentleman than you could ever be!" Twilight spats out in anger as she rushes towards Discord.

Discord stands up only to meet an incoming blade going for him, Discord snaps his fingers, disappearing as the blade hits the marble wall.

"That's right, run away like you used to do." Twilight pulls the sword out with her magic, and it reappears inside its holster.

"I'm not going anywhere!" Discord replies beside Twilight as he blasts her away from Sombra, he looks Twilight dead in the eyes as she ignites her horn.

"So brave, yet so dumb!" Twilight blasts two magic orbs at Discord as she ran towards him, Discord manages to block the first orb but the second one hits him making him stumble back a little, he looked in front to see Twilight going for an overhead strike, he instantly grabs the blade with his paw and talon, Twilight brings the blade down with force as Discord pushes the blade back up, blood dripping from his hands.

"Twilight, I need you to think! Harmonia needs you!" Discord begins to reason with the angry alicorn.

"Harmonia needed both of us, until you bolted and cheated on us like we were cards on your deck!" Twilight snaps as she shoves Discord away and goes for a thrust to the chest, Discord dodges to the left and whips the sword away with his tail, he gets up to look at Twilight, dark magenta aura encloses Twilight as she ignites her horn.

"I made many mistakes! A lot that gave harm to everypony, even to you! But at least let me make it right!" Discord yells at Twilight, tears streaming down his face, Twilight scoffs as she charged her magic.

"You left me alone to be broken into pieces! You hurt me so much…" Twilight starts sobbing as her magic grows bigger, Discord trembles before the amount of magic that emitted from the alicorn, but he steps forward little by little.

"Dad!" Harmonia calls out as she blasts more magic at the changelings surrounding her, Prism rushed in to fend off the remaining changelings.

"I got this! Go!" Prism headbutts the changeling, following up with a slash of his sword from the bottom, sending the changeling up in the air, a party cannon blasts the changeling away from Harmonia.

"What are you waiting for!? GO!" Confetti Pop yells as she grabbed her two by four stick with her mouth and whacked a changeling on the head, knocking it out.

Harmonia had no time to waste, she immediately rushed to her father, who was getting closer to Twilight, Harmonia saw Sombra get up slowly.

"Dad! Behind you!" Harmonia yells frantically, Discord heard the words of his daughter and immediately looked, Sombra swung his scythe towards Discord, Discord managed to grab the handle and tried to push it back.

"Twilight! Please listen, I…" Discord looks back at Twilight, her anger is as high as the mountain, Discord then looks at Sombra, his teeth bared in anger as he stared deep into his soul.

"Go on, say it…" Sombra mocks Discord as he pushes the scythe towards Discord with more force, Harmonia can't move or know what to do at this point, she's frozen, shocked at the sight.

"Discord!" Celestia heads in and impales Sombra with the spear end of the halberd, pushing him out of the way, Sombra loses his grip on the scythe, making Discord wield the weapon.

Twilight's eyes soften a little as her magic begins to lower down a little, she then brings out her longsword and begins to hit from the top, Discord parries the incoming attack, pinning Twilight down to the ground and restraining her.

"Look around you Twilight! The ponies you care about are hurting and are fighting for their lives, you need to stop this, let's talk, please…" Discord pleads, Twilight yells in anger as she blasts Discord out of her way, she then grabs her Longsword and begins to swing from the side this time, grazing Discord's lion fur, he winces and blocks the second incoming attack.

"Tempest! Where's Starlight!" Luna asks the royal guard, Tempest hits the changeling with her staff, following up with a hit from below to overthrow the darkling who lunged at her, she went for a side hit as a changeling rushed for her, hitting the changeling's face and sending it to a wall.

"I do not know Princess Luna!" Tempest replies back as she blasts electricity at the horde of darklings, disintegrating them.

***

Outside the garden, rays of light blue and lime green streams of magic lazer beams shine through the night, Chrysalis wouldn't go down without a proper fight, Starlight dodged the incoming beam and she fired back, Chrysalis raises a force field around her and fired two orbs of green plasma magic at her, Starlight teleported beside Chrysalis to dodge the incoming orbs, Chrysalis uses her magic to raise to two large chunks of rubble around Starlight.

"Our game ends here little pony!" Chrysalis states in a rather angry tone, Starlight smirks at that statement and blew a strand of her hair away off her face.

"I'm just getting warmed up Chrysalis!" Starlight mocks back, Chrysalis grunts in anger and immediately uses her magic to crush Starlight with the rubble, she teleports out of the way, smoke engulfing Chrysalis's sight, she looks again and Starlight was not there.

"Right behind you!" Starlight speaks, Chrysalis looks behind only to receive a magical whip to the face with Starlight's magic, the changeling backed off and shook her head from the stinging hit.

"STOP THIS!" Chrysalis yells as she summons aura like spears, each of them fires upon Starlight.

"I'll protect the ponies I love! You won't lay a hoof on a single one... " Starlight creates a force field around her, with some of the spears breaking through her magic she teleports out of the way.

"Oh really now? I have a legion of changelings inside that castle, and everyone's in danger! I don't need to lay a hoof on anypony!" Chrysalis mocks back, Starlight looks at the castle seeing a legion of changelings break into the windows of the throne room, her eyes widened.

"And our plan is going according to plan…" Chrysalis then summons her war spear, with green aura tipped to the blade, Starlight then goes into battle stance.

"Too bad that plan's about to fall into pieces!" Starlight fires three orbs at Chrysalis, she manages to deflect the two incoming orbs but the third hits her face, yelping in pain Starlight rushed towards her.

"And you'll be the first one to fall into pieces!" Starlight yells in anger as she fires a beam at Chrysalis, she blocks the beam but it pushes her back slowly, Starlight concentrates her gaze and magic at Chrysalis in anger.

"You got some guts! I'll make sure to spill it all out!" Chrysalis teleports behind Starlight then thrusts the spear towards the back of her neck, Starlight tilts her head to the side, immediately facing Chrysalis she then fires a beam at Chrysalis, she blocks the beam yet again, slowly pushing her back.

"It's time we end this, Chrysalis!" Starlight yells at her, she then stops firing the beam and fires an orb at Chrysalis, the orb hits her face and the horn, making Chrysalis drop the war spear, she then levitates herself and Chrysalis, making her stop in place, she looks Chrysalis dead in the eyes.

"Let's go for a fly, shall we?" Starlight mocks as Chrysalis struggles very hard, she then charges her magic, Chrysalis feels the grip of the aura around her tightened, she looks at Starlight, a look of fear in her eyes.

"So long!" Starlight then throws Chrysalis towards the castle window, Chrysalis screams distantly, Starlight follows Chrysalis as the changeling slammed herself to the glass window with brute force, Chrysalis lands with a hard thud on the marble floor of the throne room, everyone looks at Chrysalis in shock.

"Chrysalis!?" Fluttershy was shocked, she backed away from her slowly.

"Why you little-" Chrysalis was stopped by Starlight as she pinned Chrysalis down to the ground.

"There she is!" Tempest exclaims as she thrusts the spear within the darkling, she throws the darkling immediately to the wall, making it disperse into black smoke.

"Thank goodness you came back dear!" Rarity exclaims out of relief.

***

Celestia pins Sombra to the wall with the halberd, he yells in pain as he struggles, Celestia begins to charge her magic, her eyes glowing white as the sun's light.

"Your tyranny ends here you cretin!" Celestia yells at Sombra, he looks at Celestia with a grin.

"Tonight will be the end of you!" Sombra summons the scythe that Discord had, leaving him defenseless, Twilight shoves Discord off and blasts him towards Harmonia, he hits the floor with a hard thud, his vision hazy, Harmonia runs to her dad.

"Dad!" Harmonia hugs Discord tightly, he embraced his daughter weakly.

"I'm so sorry, my fuzzball, i'm sorry for everything…" Discord managed to speak out, Harmonia shook her head as tears fell down like a waterfall.

Sombra then swings the scythe's blade towards Celestia's side, the blade pierced the fur and coat to the flesh, she screams in pain as the blade digs in, Sombra yells as he pulls the halberd blade out in pain, he frees himself and threw the halberd to the side, he blasts Celestia out of the way, she hits the broken pillar and hits the floor with a hard thud.

"Sister!" Luna yells, Twilight approaches Sombra and looks at Luna, she then turns her gaze on the injured Celestia, she smirks.

"Poor Celestia, she won't be getting up after that!" She laughs at the sight, she then uses her magic dark magenta aura surrounding both Sombra and Twilight.

"It's been nice chatting, but i have a task to complete!" Twilight mocks, as the two disappeared, Luna turns her attention to Celestia and tends to her.

"Sister! Your wound!" Luna was frantic, she didn't know what to do, Fluttershy ran towards them, seeing Celestia wounded she kept pressure on the punctured side.

"What are you doing?" Luna asks frantically, Fluttershy then looks at Luna.

"Go get me some cloth! I'm gonna make a bandage around the wound!" Fluttershy demanded Luna immediately teleported away to find something to cover the wound.

***

Starlight charges her magic once again, aiming her horn at Chrysalis, she struggles to keep the changeling pinned with her magic while summoning another magic.

"What are you doing darling!" Rarity questions the unicorn who was reciting spells.

"What I should've done long ago!" Starlight answers back, a few seconds later she finishes the spell, she then blasts Chrysalis with the magic.

Nothing happened, Chrysalis laughed and shoved Starlight away, everyone backed away from her, Starlight slams on the wall and when she was about to stand up Chrysalis summoned a war spear and aimed at her.

"Foolish pony, when will you-" Chrysalis stopped as she felt heavy, she looked down to see her hooves turn into stone, she started to breathe heavily.

"What have you done to me!" Chrysalis yells as she struggles, Starlight smirks.

"Goodbye Chrysalis!" She mocks the changeling, the concrete made its way to Chrysalis's head and horn, making her drop the war spear, Chrysalis was now a statue.

"I did it…" Starlight pants from exhaustion, she then looks around.

"Where's Harmonia?" She asks Rarity, her eyes widened as she turns her gaze to see Discord on the ground next to Harmonia who hugged him tightly.

Starlight made her way to Harmonia quickly, but stopped as she saw Discord dazed and weak.

"What happened here!?" Starlight asks in shock, Harmonia immediately hugs Starlight, sobbing louder on her, Starlight embraced her tightly, calming her down.

"It's ok! He's gonna be fine, trust me." Starlight said to Harmonia, she nuzzles Starlight out of fright, this only made Starlight brush Harmonia's mane and kissed her forehead.

"Discord will be fine, he's just exhausted." Tempest approached Discord and her horn casted a yellow beam of magic at Discord, slowly healing him.

"M-Mom got away…" Harmonia chokes out, Starlight looks at the giant door to the foyer of the castle, seeing a blood trail.

"Whatever you guys did, it didn't end well for one of them." She narrows her eyes at the trail, AppleJack follows the trail along with Rarity and Rainbow Dash.

"It's ok kiddo, let's go after them!" Starlight convinces Harmonia, she nods weakly, Starlight let's go and follows Rarity and the rest.

"WE DID IT!" Confetti Pop screams out loud.

"It's not over yet Confetti!" Ophelia snaps, Prism smacks his head out of annoyance, Meadow Bliss shakes his head in annoyance.

"WHAT!? WE DID IT!" Confetti swings the stick to the statue by accident, the statue tilts to the side slowly.

"CONFETTI POP!" Everypony yells at her, as the statue slams on the ground with hard impact, the statue of Chrysalis is now on the ground, shattered into medium pieces.

"Oops…" Confetti Pop giggles nervously, everyone groans in anger and disappointment.

“I’ll go get the broom.” Luna mutters.

“I’ll go get the ash jar...” Celestia explains.

“What’s an ash jar...” Starlight asked.

“Oh nothing....” Celestia mutters.

“It’s about time she got what she deserves!” Rainbow Dash chants.

“Darling, this is a brutal sight for this kids.” Rarity scolds.

Rainbow Dash scoffs. “Brutal?! They’ve seen far worse than this Rarity!”

“Yeah, besides I got to play for honor.” Prism smiles.

“What’s for honor?” HoneyCrisp asked, slightly confused.

“Uh you guys, maybe later that can be explained. We still have two main villains to battle, you know?” Harmonia said, her eyebrow arched.

"She’s right, we have to move!" Starlight orders everyone, as they rush to the foyer.

"Nice going sis…" Cotton Berry adds up to the injury to insult.

"What!? She's a villain! You know what, let's just go!" Confetti grabbed the stick with her mouth and went after the rest.

***.

The kids peek around the corner of the destroyed throne room, Twilight and Sombra both celebrating that they are finally victorious not just of the Crystal Empire, Ponyville and Canterlot, but all of Equestria.

Harmonia watches from afar, eavesdropping and watching her mother and KIng Sombra’s moves carefully.

Twilight sat upon Celestia’s throne, as she grinned wickedly at her success and that her plan had finally fallen into place and that she had won.

“That throne truly does suit you, My Queen.” Sombra said, he had a grin plastered on his face.

“You look like a pretty queen on that throne mother.” Stormy said, smiling at her.

“That throne doesn’t even belong to you!” Confetti Pop yells, her tone rather angry.

Sombra, Twilight and Stormy look around the throne room. Twilight’s eyes narrowed, Sombra blasted a hole in the wall where the sound was coming from. “Confetti Pop!” The group scolds.

Harmonia sighs, knowing that the jig was up. She and the others stepped through the hole that Sombra had created for them.

“You won’t be fitting that throne for too long mother.” Harmonia sneeres.

“Want to bet?” Twilight sneers, her eyes narrowed at her daughter.

“You wanna bet? Cavalry's here now!” Prism said.

“Ha! What cavalry?” Sombra asked, he fired a spell at Harmonia and her friends, trapping them within the crystal walls.

“Hey let us out of here!” Ophelia hisses, firing her horn. However, the spell backfired on them.

“You know for a feline, it's adorable that you think that measly spell of yours will do anything.” Sombra coos at her.

As Harmonia’s friends glared at him, she then tried her paw at magic this time around, Harmonia snapped her paw and summoned a boxing glove, however instead of it being on the outside of the crystal cage it was on the inside with them.

“Duck!” Opheliah screams.

“Oh, I like ducks, and geese and birds.” HoneyCrisp said.

Ophelia grabs HoneyCrisps mane and pulls it down.

“Thanks…” HoneyCrisp mutters.

Sombra laughs. “Besides, Why should I be scared of a bunch of children when I can show you your greatest fear.” Sombra sneers as he ignites his horn, causing shadow tendrils to levitate Harmonia and her friends into mid-air.

He fires another spell, causing him to fire a spell and hypnotizing them causing them to go into fear status.

Harmonia squeezes her eyes shut, trying to fight the battle to let Sombra have control over her, but once she opens them they are shown dark green.

***

Harmonia fear:

“You really think you’re worthy? Worthy of being the next pony crown?” Ophelia sasses.

“Why so you can steal it?” Harmonia asked.

“You are nothing and you always deserve to be nothing. No wonder your dad left.” Prism said.

“Maybe he was ashamed of you.” HoneyCrisp sassed.

“HoneyCrisp!” Harmonia snaps.

She saw that her other friends and family were under Sombra’s control.

“No…” Harmonia wimped. “Meadow Bliss, Confetti Pop, Aunt Starlight, Flurry, Trixie…”

“This can’t be happening…” Harmonia thought.

She rubs her eyes and is now founded back in the presence of Celestia, Discord and Luna.

“W-what?” Hamonia asked, slightly speechless by what was happening.

“Oh, Harmony would you like to know the real reason why I married Celestia?” Discord asked.

“D-Dad?!” Harmonia asked.

“You know now that you mention it… not really.” Harmonia mutters.

“Ever heard of a sanctioned affair?” Celestia asked.

“B-but mom would never agree to have that with you!” Harmonia shouts.

“Who says anything about not telling her? You know that night that your father never returned?” Celestia asked.

Harmonia furrowed her eyebrows. “H-he’s never returned a good bit of times.” she mutters.

“And where do you think he was all this time….” Celestia said, her voice sly.

“Y… you lied to me… that time you stayed gone for an hour, you were really with her?!” Harmonia asked, tears aligned in her eyes.

“This has got to be some type of nightmare….” Harmonia said.

“Oh hun, this isn’t a nightmare this is reality.” Luna said.

***

Harmonia's eyes glowed as she snapped out of her dazed state, her eyes filled with tears as well as her friends, she would really hate to know what their fears were.

“How did you manage to break my spell?” Sombra asked.

“It’s called the magic of friendship or whatnot.” Confetti Pop said.

“It doesn’t matter, while you were still in your state of fear if you forgot then here’s a friendly reminder: You’re still trapped.” Stormy said, smirking at them.

“Are they now?” Phoenix said, her tone confident as Kunzite set fire to the dark crystals breaking them.

“You!” Twilight said, firing her horn at Phoenix, knocking her off balance.

“Oh no you don’t!” Sunset said, firing her magic at Twilight.

Twilight sneers, as she watches Sunset pull her daughter closer to her.

Twilight then looks at her daughter and her friends who were now free from their Crystal imprisonment. “How do you exactly plan to win? You don’t exactly have the Elements you know.” Twilight mocks, giving a sly smile to them.

Harmonia looks at herself, slightly doubting if what she has planned will actually work, but she smiles to herself once she feels her friend’s presence within the room and is joined by her side.

“Yeah because you destroyed them!” Confetti Pop said.

“But what we know is this! You three can try to knock us down as many times as you want, even without the Elements of Harmony our friendship still remains strong, maybe even stronger than before!” HoneyCrisp said.

“She’s right! No matter how many towns, cities, or heck even if you rule over all of Equestria… which you have… nothing conquers evil and tyranny reign overall than the love and light of friendship.” Ophelia said, standing beside Harmonia.

Harmonia then realizes something.

“After everything that’s happened, after everything we’ve been through... that I’ve been through I know that with these guys by my side, I’m not afraid of you! Or how much power you hold!” Harmonia said.

Sombra and Twilight smirked at her.

“You should be.” Sombra said, firing a blast, which sends Harmonia halfway across the throne room.

Harmonia screams.

“Harmonia!” They shouted.

Harmonia stood up slowly, standing her ground, her magic charged.

“Nice to see you finally have some confidence took you long enough. However, you should save that sentimental speech of yours. You're just stalling and wasting time.” Twilight muses, her eyes narrowed at them.

"Have you forgotten who's domain you are in!" Sombra stares at Harmonia, his stare deadly and his smirk mocking.

Harmonia stood with pride, walking towards her friends slowly. "Harmonia come with us!" Sunset calls out, looking down at Harmonia with worry.

"You'll never take away my friends…" Harmonia speaks out, going to her friends in pain from the blast.

Sombra fires magic at Harmonia once again, Harmonia screams in pain as she falls down back to the ground with force.

"Persistent now aren't we?" Sombra mocked back at her as he stood up from the throne seat.

Harmonia gets up weakly, her hooves shaking.

"Sweet Celestia, Harmonia!" HoneyCrisp rammed herself on the crystal wall, trying to get out, the rest did the same.

"You'll never take away the family I cherish!" Harmonia yells out this time, charging up her magic.

"Put her down for me Sombra." Twilight commands Sombra, her tone nonchalant about it.

"Don't tell me twice!" Sombra fires magic at Harmonia, she only stands there as the magic blast hits her, sending her back to the ground.

"No! Harmonia!" Prism yells in despair as he rammed the crystal cage, to no avail.

She tries to get up, her arms shaking and weak from the hits she took.

"You'll never take away friendship…" Harmonia speaks out, as she charges her horn and aims for the crystal cage.

"Besides, we're about to kick your flank…" Harmonia smirks at them, the couple's eyes widened from the amount of strength she has.

"How is she not down Sombra!" Twilight snaps.

"Persistent little pony…" Sombra mutters to himself.

Harmonia fires magic at the cage, turning it into flowers as it falls into pieces.

"Really?" HoneyCrisp looks with a disappointed look.

"Do you want to go back in there?" Harmonia said sarcastically.

"You know what, let's do this." HoneyCrisp looks at the couple, her glare menacing.

“Now where was we in our speech before we were so rudely interrupted.” Harmonia asked.

“Who cares?! We’ve done enough sappy speeches! Let’s light them up ladies!!!... a-and gentlemen!” Confetti shouts.

Sombra summons his scythe at the ready, his horn charging up magic at the same time, Twilight stood up from her seat and drew out her longsword, glaring at them, Stormy charged her magic, aiming it at the group.

"A powerful force to be reckoned with, a storm that provides death!" Sombra stated, his tone now angry.

"Enough with your edgy gothic statements and let’s fight!" Prism yells at Sombra as he charges forward with the broadsword on his wing.

Sombra turns into mist as he charges forward towards Prism, his scythe at the ready.

"You're the first one to taste my wrath!" Sombra appeared quickly, the scythe was about to strike from above.

"Try me!" Prism deflected the incoming strike, he grabbed the broadsword with his mouth, flying quickly towards Sombra, the blade hit the ground in time of the deflect and Prism delivered a slash to the chest.

Sombra yelled in pain as he saw Prism behind him, looking back at Sombra.

"What are you guys waiting for? Have at them!" Sombra swings his scythe around to hit Prism, he parries the attack and riposted with a slash.

"You heard him, have at them!" Cotton Berry charged in with his horn a glow, following Harmonia and the rest.

"Mom, what do we do!?" Stormy asks.

"Simple, we kill them!" Twilight rushed towards the incoming group.

Harmonia fires a blast at Twilight and Stormy that knocks them off balance. Magic surges within her.

“Enough is enough! We don’t need the Elements or even help from our parents to take you down! You can knock us down time and time again, but we will get back up and again until we finish this and you! You will fall and your reign will end today!” Harmonia said, firing a blast.

Twilight moves out of the way, she charges her own magic at her daughter firing it, a battle between good and evil is happening at this very moment. “What’s the problem dear, too scared to fight back?” Twilight said, giving her a sly smile.

“I don’t want to hurt you!” Harmonia said, her teeth bared.

“I don’t think she has a problem with that!” Cotton Berry replied as he blasts magic back at Twilight and Stormy.

"But she's my mom!" Harmonia looks at Twilight.

"There are two ways out of this dear, either stop your mother from world domination, or suffer its consequences!" Ophelia said as she stood beside Meadow Bliss.

"I'm no longer your mother!" Twilight yells as she blasts magic at them, Cotton Berry moves back as the impact makes an explosion on the ground.

"Anymore bright ideas?" HoneyCrisp asks.

"Yeah, i got a few!" Harmonia said nervously.

"Well if you got one, now's the time to use one!" Prism yells back at them as he fended off Sombra.

"Alright! Cotton Berry, HoneyCrisp, take care of little Miss. Independent over there!" Harmonia points at Stormy who was firing magic at Confetti Pop, she fires back with her party cannon.

"Me and Ophelia will try to stop mom!" Ophelia nods at the plan.

"But the problem is dear, I don't have magic." Ophelia giggles nervously.

"You got nine lives right?" Harmonia smirks at Ophelia, making her blush.

"Oh stop it you…" Ophelia coos.

"Guys, plan!" HoneyCrisp calls out again, making Ophelia snap out of it.

"Right, the plan!" She says to herself.

"Anytime now girls, I'm getting bored!" Twilight mocks as she rushed at the four.

"Guys, now!" Harmonia uses magic to disappear out of Twilight's sight, making her stop in her tracks.

"There's no point in hiding!" Twilight calls out.

Cotton Berry and HoneyCrisp rushed for Stormy who was oblivious to their presence.

"Hey!" Cotton Berry called, Stormy looks at him with a glare, she then blasts magic at Cotton Berry who sets up a forcefield around himself.

"Now Honey!" Cotton Berry calls out.

HoneyCrisp comes out from the side, tackling Stormy as they rolled down the throne seat staircase.

"You good for nothing farm pony!" Stormy snaps as she blasts HoneyCrisp away, HoneyCrisp rolls away from Stormy, she gets up quickly glaring at Stormy.

"I get that a lot!" HoneyCrisp smirks at her.

"Oh you're gonna get more than just a blast!" Stormy mocks back as she fires a beam at HoneyCrisp, she rolls away quickly and runs up to Stormy.

"You just don't have the muscle to stand up against me, in a physical fight!" HoneyCrisp turns around and bucks Stormy on the face.

"Now that's gotta hurt!" Cotton Berry looks away from the hit he saw.

Stormy stumbles around, feeling dazed and her vision blurry.

"What kind of horsepower is this!?" Stormy asks, her tone surprised.

"It's called hard work, and let me tell you something but hard work!" She then hovers above Stormy.

"It's about getting your hooves dirty!" She delivers a kick right onto Stormy's face, she falls down to the ground hard, knocking her out.

"And by your standards, you got none." She blew her bangs away from her eyes.

"I never knew you were-" Cotton Berry was silenced by HoneyCrisp.

"Save it for apple bucking season." HoneyCrisp smirks at Cotton Berry.

"Behind you!" Cotton Berry yells as Stormy blasts HoneyCrisp away, she then glares at Cotton Berry.

"Don't lecture me about hard work! We've done enough to take this castle!" She snaps at HoneyCrisp who winced in pain from the blast.

"Now, where were we?" Stormy charged up her horn, smirking at Cotton Berry.

"I'm gonna have to say hard pass!" He blasts magic at Stormy who created a forcefield.

"You got it!" HoneyCrisp replies back as she flies in and grabs Stormy, they both fly in the air as Stormy struggles.

"It's nice to feel the breeze, that I can tell you, especially when you're about to do a free fall!" HoneyCrisp mocks Stormy as she throws her back to the ground with brute force, Cotton Berry follows up with two magic blasts, sending Stormy to a pillar nearby.

Stormy's eyes narrowed at the two who approached her.

"I'm done playing games!" Stormy gets up quickly, blasting Cotton Berry away, she then flew towards HoneyCrisp and grabs her, she then rams HoneyCrisp to some broken window panes and hurls her down at the broken pieces, she yells in pain.

"You're not the only mare who can sweep me off my hooves!" Stormy charges her magic, aiming her horn at HoneyCrisp, Cotton Berry blasts Stormy from behind, she turns around and fires a beam at him.

"Oh no you don't!" She then gets up and flies towards Stormy tackling her, Stormy disappears as they flew halfway across the room.

"Where is she!?" HoneyCrisp asks.

"Behind you!" Cotton Berry yells as Stormy was about to fire her magic at her.

HoneyCrisp turned around quickly, delivering a quick buck to the stomach, Stormy curled up as she felt a very heavy amount of pain wave through her stomach.

"My turn…" HoneyCrisp glares at Stormy, she tackles Stormy and flies to a broken pillar, as Stormy growls at her.

“You're not winning that easily, farm girl. Now time to finish you both.” Stormy said, igniting her horn.

***

Harmonia and Ophelia hid behind a broken pillar, they observed the area they were in as Twilight circled around.

"So, what's the plan?" Ophelia whispers, Harmonia looks around for anything to use to their favor.

"The area is open, we won't have any cover whatsoever, we can try to tire her out?" Harmonia figures, Ophelia nods.

"And how do we do that?" Ophelia questions.

"Oh I don't know Ophelia! I'm under pressure as it is!" Harmonia snaps, Twilight sliced the base of the broken pillar in-between them, both had their eyes widened at that.

"Found you!" Twilight laughs as she fires magic at them.

"Run!" Harmonia disappears and Ophelia bolts out of the way, Twilight had her eyes on Ophelia.

"You can't run forever, you'll get tired either way!" Twilight sneers at Ophelia.

"That's it!" Ophelia figured out a plan.

"Catch me if you can!" Ophelia mocks Twilight as she pounces on platform to platform.

"Oh when I do, I'll make you suffer!" Twilight teleports after Ophelia.

“That’s if you can catch me first.” Ophelia said, blowing a raspberry.

She gets on all fours and legit begins to run like a cat, using her horn to make the coliseums crumble behind her.

“You won’t have nine lives left once I’m done with you!” Twilight said, lifting the fallen coliseums.

“Are you sure it’s nine? I mean I am half pony after all.” Ophelia smirks.

“If this is your way of distracting her then keep it up.” Harmonia said.

“You know Princess, we are very thankful for you to be taking over Celestia and Luna’s ruling! Those two did absolutely nothing since they’ve ruled, but with you… you’ve changed the way Equestria thinks.” Ophelia said.

“Flattery won’t get you anywhere dear.” Twilight sneers.

“Oh it’s not flattery it’s simply the truth.” Ophelia said.

Twilight narrows her eyes at her. “....okay it is flattery, but you really should take it as a compliment.” Ophelia said.

“The last time someone else did that it was your father, let’s just say things didn’t end too great for him… so flirty isn’t very much of an option for you darling.” Twilight muses.

Ophelia drops her guard. “What did you do to him…” She asked.

“Wouldn’t you like to know….” Twilight sneers, charging her horn.

“Ophelia! Watch out!” Harmonia shouts, holding up a force field around her friend.

“I’m sure your dad is alright! She’s just using that as a distraction to take you down!” Harmonia said.

Twilight fires a beam, it hits through the forcefield, Ophelia runs out of it as the forcefield and pounces from platform to platform.

"Come on! It's gonna be a quick talk!" Twilight fires a beam at the platform, as Ophelia landed on one of the broken platforms she had enough force to jump towards Twilight, her claws ready to slash her.

"Poor choice of action!" Twilight grabs Ophelia with her magic and slams her on the ground, creating a small crater.

"Ophelia!" Harmonia yells as she teleports down.

"Your father might have lived, but I'll make sure you don't!" Twilight raises the longsword, Ophelia opens her eyes slowly, seeing a blade on top of her.

"Don't hurt her!" Harmonia teleports in front of Ophelia, creating a forcefield around them, Twilight thrusts the sword in the forcefield, Harmonia smirks.

"Face it mom, It's over!" Harmonia stood in front of Ophelia, she got up slowly and looked at Harmonia.

"Thank you…" Ophelia groans as she stands up, Harmonia smiles at her.

"We've got unfinished business!" Harmonia turns around to Twilight, her eyes glaring at her.

"Take the hint sweetie, your world's falling apart!" Twilight mocks as she fires a beam at the forcefield, Harmonia holds onto Ophelia and they both teleport away from the blast.

“Not if I have anything to say about it.” Harmonia said, reappearing in front of her and blasting magic at her but Twilight blocks it as Harmonia magic blasts a nearby window.

“Hey! That was Flurry’s stained glass window from her Crystalling.” Harmonia said.

Ophelia joins her. “We have to get out of here. So we can finally stop your mother and Sombra for good.” Ophelia whispers to her.

Harmonia looks at Ophelia with another plan of her own, she then looks around the open area seeing free space all around them.

"Follow me!" Harmonia shoots down a pillar with her magic, creating a big wall of smoke from the impact, Twilight coughed and waved the smoke away.

"Oh that wasn't nice! You're ruining the decor!" Twilight calls out, as the smoke cleared, Twilight couldn't believe what she saw, multiple Harmonia's pleading and crying all around her, she groaned in annoyance.

"This won't stop me Harmonia! Come out!" She blasts the clones around one by one, Harmonia and Ophelia were hidden behind the broken down pillar.

"Here's the plan, and don't mess this up! If this plan blows were out of options! Got it?" Harmonia looks at Ophelia, Ophelia nodded rapidly.

"Alright, we need to fake my surrender!" Harmonia states, Ophelia looks at confusion.

"Fake what now?" She asks.

"What I mean is, we make Sombra and my mom think that I already lost!" Harmonia says as she looks up, still seeing Twilight shoot the clones with her magic.

"We need Aunt Starlight's help so she can make a clone of me with my mom when "me" and her enter the throne room!" She states, Ophelia nods.

"And when "I" and my mom go inside, my clone will say all this lovey dovey farewell stuff, and that's where we move, we need to tell the others! Once we tell the others I'll distract my mom with my last clone!" Ophelia nods rapidly, trying to remember everything she said, but a slight red blush crosses her face.

"Is everything ok?" Harmonia asks.

"Nothing, lets go…" Ophelia and Harmonia teleport away from the area, letting Twilight blast never ending clones of Harmonia.

***

Harmonia's friends were gathered in one area as the mane 5 fended Sombra off, HoneyCrisp looked at Stormy who was out cold.

"Sure showed her." HoneyCrisp mocked, Cotton Berry chuckles.

Distant to them was Starlight and Rarity fending off the shadows around them, they both blast away the shadows with their magic as the horde continue to flood.

"Miss Glimmer!" Ophelia yelled at Starlight who was still firing magic at the shadow horde, she groans.

"Miss Glimmer! I have something to tell you!" Starlight looked around, her glare deadly and her horn charged with magic, but softened as she saw Ophelia in front of her.

"Oh, Ophelia! I almost shot you!" Starlight said, giggling nervously, Ophelia smiled nervously but brushed it off.

"Harmonia has a plan to end this nightmare!" Ophelia whispers the rest to Starlight as she made a forcefield around them both.

***

Harmonia thinks for a moment. “...... okay I give up.” Harmonia said.

“Wait… what?!” Ophelia asked, looking at her friend.

“I said, I give up.” Harmonia looks at her mother, who held a satisfied smirk on her face.

“You win mom… yo- you and Sombra win.” Harmonia said, hanging her head low in defeat.

“It’s about time you see things my way! Took you long enough too. Now say goodbye to your little friend. You won’t be seeing Equestria the same after tonight.” Twilight said.

Ophelia looks at her friend in confusion as Harmonia goes up and hugs her. She then whispers something into the feline’s ear before Twilight interrupts the hug. “Let’s go.” she said, before walking out of the foyer to go find Sombra and Stormy.

***

Twilight and Harmonia walk down the long hallway, avoiding falling debris and shattered glass from the stained glass windows that were already broken.

They stayed silent for a good ten minutes. “..... why are you doing this?” Harmonia asked, her voice was slightly inaudible, but Twilight still overheard.

“When you're hurt, broken down and in pain. Heartache leads you to do the unimaginable things.” Twilight said, her tone monotones.

“.... and I think I found out why dad did… what he did.” Harmonia mutters.

Twilight sighs and rolls her eyes. “You’re still hung up on that?” Her tone filled with distaste.

“You really should let go of that. I have.” Twilight muses.

“That’s because you were forced to!” Harmonia shouts.

Twilight stops in her tracks, and quickly turns to face her daughter.

Before Harmonia had a chance to react, Twilight already struck a hoof against her daughter’s cheek. She felt like she got a fast whiplash from a magical blast, she dared cry in front of her though.

“Great, now I’m the bad guy here… Just fantastic.” Twilight said, her voice full of sarcasm.

“Now let’s go before one of us says something she’ll regret!” Twilight said, her teeth bared.

***

Twilight and Harmonia made their way into the foyer, Harmonia notices Celestia and Luna broken thrones which were replaced by dark crystals. The atmosphere felt damp, moody and egotistical.

“And who do we have here?” Sombra asked, he lifts Harmonia chin up but she seats him away.

“Stubborn like your mother I see? Don’t worry in due time you will break.” Sombra said.

“That’s what you think! You will not lay a hair on her head!” Discord said.

“Dad it’s okay… I decided to go with them.” Harmonia mutters.

“You what?!” Starlight shrieks.

“Harmonia sweetie, there is another way. There has to be…” Starlight mutters.

“No, it’s okay…” Harmonia said, giving her a light smile.

“Can we at least say goodbye to Harmonia?” Meadow Bliss asked.

“Yes, but make it quick or we shall take lethal measures.” Twilight said, watching her daughter.

Prism approached first, trying to fight off tears, he stared at Harmonia as she went closer.

"Now before, b-before we…" Prism couldn't finish his sentence, he already began crying in front of Harmonia, she went near him and hugged him tightly, Harmonia nuzzled him, and this made Prism wail like a little colt.

"It's ok, it's ok…" Harmonia whispered to his ear as she brushed his mane.

"But why!?" HoneyCrisp whimpers.

“Guys I’ll be okay! Equestria will survive without me.” Harmonia assures them.

“Equestria maybe can survive without their upcoming Princess, but we can’t survive without our friend!” Confetti Pop whimpers.

Harmonia tears up from that, and hugs Confetti Pop tightly, Confetti sobs silently on her shoulders, feeling her friends embrace for the last time, as Harmonia was about to let go Confetti hugged her tightly.

"Don't go, please…" Confetti sniffles, HoneyCrisp grabs Confetti Pop and pries her off of Harmonia who nodded at HoneyCrisp, she fought her tears back and nodded back at Harmonia, Confetti Pop struggles as HoneyCrisp held her tightly, Confetti couldn't hold it in, she wailed, reaching out for Harmonia.

"It's ok sugar cube, it's gonna be ok…" HoneyCrisp embraces Confetti Pop, who hugged back tightly.

"Aunt Starlight…" Harmonia faces Starlight, her tears rapidly falling as she looked at Harmonia one last time.

"I love you sweet heart…" Starlight sniffles at that, Harmonia hugs Starlight tightly, she neared Starlight's ear and whispered.

"Now…" She smirks, Harmonia dispersed into a giant cloud of smoke, everyone was in shock as the smoke settled in, everyone was confused, including Twilight who growled in anger.

"Of course, another trick!" Twilight said to herself in disappointment.

"Come out!" Twilight yelled at the smoke filled air.

HoneyCrisp looked around to find somepony nearby, but she was instantly tugged by something, as she was tugged she bumps onto Cotton Berry beside her and the rest bumped into each other.

"What the!?" HoneyCrisp looked around her, seeing all of her friends together, as the smoke cleared, everypony couldn't believe who they just saw in front of them, Starlight stood in front of them.

"Harmonia!?" Everyone said in unison as they saw Harmonia standing tall and proud, Confetti Pop smiled.

"You're alive!" Confetti Pop embraced Harmonia tightly, Harmonia giggles and nuzzles her.

"How? You were-" Sombra didn't get a chance to finish as Starlight glared at him.

"Distraction." Harmonia said, her tone nonchalant.

"Everypony, stand together!" Harmonia ordered, she glares at Twilight who brought out her longsword out of its holster.

"In the midst of any tyranny, I learned something today!" Harmonia charges her magic to the fullest, bright magenta aura emitted from her in the process.

"What is this?" Sombra looked at them, and his eyes widened.

"The magic of friendship lives deep inside of us! And with the help of my friends, they made me see the mare who I am today!" Harmonia says proudly, her friends smiled.

"The feeling of generosity!" Ophelia started emitting a light blue aura.

"The care of kindness!" Meadow Bliss emitted yellow aura.

"The joy of laughter!" Confetti and Cotton emits light pink aura.

"The words of honesty!" HoneyCrisp emits light orange aura.

"The heart of loyalty!" Prism emits ocean blue aura.

She looks behind her, seeing her friends channeling the magic they have within them.

"But most importantly, the loving embrace of friendship!" Harmonia channeled everyone's magic into her horn, and aimed it at Twilight who pointed the sword at her.

"Twilight don't!" Sombra yells at Twilight, but she didn't listen.

"We don't need the elements, because friendship, Is magic!" Harmonia smiles at Sombra and Twilight.

"Not this time! You hear me! Not this time!" Twilight yelled at everypony in front of her.

"Now!" Starlight yells, Harmonia releases a colorful beam of magic towards Twilight, she blocks the beam with her sword, but the force of the beam pushes her back a little.

"It's not enough!" HoneyCrisp yells, Starlight fires a beam of magic at Twilight, supporting the first beam.

"I love you mom!" Harmonia yells, as she delivers the final blast, sending Twilight back to the staircase of the throne seats, the blast knocks Twilight out.

"NO!" Sombra yells, he got up and summoned his scythe.

Sombra then gets caught within the magical blast designating him into smoke.

A bright aura illuminates the entire room. Casting the throne room into a blindingly bright white light.

The children lay on the floor, exhausted and tired, but still breathing and alive.

HoneyCrisp was the first to awaken. “Is everypony okay?” She calls out.

“Yeah, we’re fine.” Cotton Berry said, signaling that both him and Prism were okay.

“Us too, darling.” Ophelia said, calling out for both her and Confetti Pop.

Harmonia groans, slowly awaking. She rubs her head. “Did it work?” Harmonia groans.

Confetti bounces over to her friend, with giddy she hugs the draconequus. “Yay! Harmonia you did.” She beams.

Harmonia softly shakes her head. “No we did it.” Harmonia said, giving her friends a soft smile.

Twilight groans, awaking from her daze. “W- what happened? Harmonia?” Twilight said, looking at her daughter and friends.

Harmonia looked over to the pony who was calling her name, tears filled her eyes. “Mom? Mom!” She said, she lunged herself at her mother- her real mother.

“Can somepony please explain what the hay is going on?!” Twilight asked, slightly confused still.

“You don’t remember anything?” Sunset questions.

"The spell she's inflicted with must've triggered a second persona in her, which is harsh for mental stability, but she'll recover." Starlight smiled at Twilight, she then looked at the area, trying to feel the atmosphere.

"Do you think they'll come back?" Tempest questions as they gaze at the swarm of changelings flying away and shadows disappearing.

"From what you just saw, I think not dear." Rarity says, Ophelia rushed to her mother and hugged her tightly.

"Thank goodness it's over!" Fluttershy said as she walked to Rarity with Meadow Bliss beside her.

"Did you see what happened! Everything went to shambles and-" Pinkie Pie was stopped by Rainbow Dash who chuckled.

"Yeah, we saw what happened, our kiddo's got the magic." Rainbow Dash ruffled his son’s mane, Prism giggles.

"I'm just glad my babies are safe!" Pinkie Pie hugged both Confetti Pop and Cotton Berry tightly.

"So sugar cube, hard work paid off?" Applejack went to her daughter and helped her clear her wings of the small shards that HoneyCrisp crashed into.

"You bet mom, you bet." HoneyCrisp hugged her mother tightly.

"I know it did baby girl." Applejack embraces her daughter.

Twilight looked at them, a sense of longing seemed to pass over her for just a while, she looked down at her daughter, who sobbed to no end, tears filled Twilight's eyes as she placed her hoof on her daughter's chin and raised it up to meet her daughter's gaze.

"I-i missed you, mom!" Harmonia managed to speak out, Twilight pulled her daughter into a hug, they both embraced each other, letting all their sorrows out.

"It's ok sweetie, it's ok, mommy's here." Twilight rocked her daughter slowly, Harmonia wails, hiding her face in between her mother's neck, Twilight did nothing and let her release every longing she kept.

Everypony looked at them both, smiling at the fact that Harmonia, at long last, to be with the family she belonged to.

"D-don't leave me, ever a-again!" Harmonia managed to speak out, Twilight pulled away from the embrace and kissed her daughter's forehead, tears falling down Twilight's face as she saw her daughter all grown up.

"I'll never leave you, never again sweetheart!" Twilight embraced her daughter once more, this time crying.

"I'm so sorry, Harmonia…" Twilight wrapped her wings around her daughter, to make her feel comfort and secure, Harmonia wails, embracing her mother tightly.

Twilight looks at her friends, ashamed of what she has done to them, she can't bear to think of the horrors she's done to them.

"It's alright Twilight, we know it wasn't you." Starlight said as she sat down beside Twilight, rubbing her back.

"I'm sorry Starlight…" Twilight pulled Starlight in for the hug using her wing, and hugged both Harmonia and Starlight together.

"It's okay, Twilight." Starlight hugs back, embracing Harmonia as well.

I'm sorry, everypony!" Twilight cried out, the mane 5 approached her and gave her a special group hug.

"It's all over dear, no more pain." Rarity said in a comforting voice, rubbing Twilight's back.

"Well, at least the gang's back together." Sunset smiles at the sight, Spike nodded and went up to Twilight.

"Hey Twi, it's been awhile." Spike said, as he kneeled down at them.

"Sunset's over there, she and Starlight looked out for your daughter, the best aunts Harmonia could ever ask for." With that said, Sunset felt a tear stream down her face, Phoenix wiped it away, Sunset smiles.

"Hey you know what this calls for!?" Pinkie Pie asks, Confetti Pop immediately interrupts.

"A party!?" Confetti beams.

"That's what i was gonna say!" Pinkie and Confetti laughed, the rest of the group of friends laughed, everything seemed to look right, in fact everything seems back to normal.

***

Pinkie Pie’s “Welcome Back” party was a hit almost everypony was there, of course the party had to be hosted within the castle walls.

“Twilight! It's so great to have you back!” Cadence beams.

“Indeed!” Luna said, smiling.

Cadence receives a hug from the two Alicorns, and her nieces. She smiles warmly at them, but she was also missing one very important pony.

Celestia.

“Would you guys excuse me for a second?” Twilight asks.

***

Twilight wanders the castle looking for the pony who she definitely owes an apology too.

She notices her mentor, who was sitting out on Twilight’s balcony, looking up at the sky basking in the glow of her afternoon sun.

“.... I thought I might find you here.” Twilight said, softly smiling.

Celestia ears perked up at the sound of Twilight’s voice. “Twilight? Why aren’t you enjoying your party?” Celestia asked.

“I just thought of something to do that is far more important.” Twilight said.

Celestia smiles at Twilight, she turned to face her former equal, Twilight noticed that her front hoof was sprained. “.... What… what happened to your hoof?” Twilight questions.

“Oh… it doesn’t matter.” Celestia mutters. “I’ll be fine, trust me I’ve endured far worse in my time of ruling.”

Silence befallen between Celestia and Twilight for the next thirty minutes.

Twilight couldn't bear to look at her mentor in the eyes. She felt awful for what happened between the two.

“I know it was my fault…” Twilight mutters.

“Twilight,” Celestia began, but Twilight cut her off.

“I'm sorry for everything that has happened… I-” Twilight was about to begin to apologise, but her mentor cut her off.

“Twilight, none of this is your fault. I'm the one who should be apologizing. I know my sorry will not cut for the actions I have caused and the pain I have inflicted upon you. I never meant for any of this to hurt you.” Celestia explains.

“Well at least you didn't try to take over Equestria.” Twilight smirks.

Her smirk faulted into a frown. “I gave into my own insecurities and anger. I let my emotions get the best of me and it fueled me into wanting to take over Equestria.”

“You couldn't have known.” Celestia mutters.

“And you wouldn't have turned on Equestria if it wasn't for us.” Came another voice.

It was Discord.

Discord came over to Celestia and looked back at Twilight. “Twilight we didn't mean any of this to happen.” Discord explains, his tone full of sorrow.

“Discord, why couldn't you just tell me the truth?” Twilight asks.

Discord sighes. “I am not sure what came over me, I was a coward in doing so. None of this shouldn't have happened. I hurt the two most important ponies in my life. I don't expect you to forgive me right off the bat, but I hope that you know that I still care about you and Harmonia so very much.” Discord explains.

Twilight remains quiet, listening to what else the two had to say. “Even though I am married to Celestia now I hope you can still let Harmonia be a part of our lives as much as she is of yours.” Discord said.

“Discord, after everything that has happened only time will tell what will happen next. Harmonia is now old enough to make her own decisions. I want the bond between you two to remain, but that's up to her.” Twilight said, she looked over to her daughter who was idly talking with her friends.

“I know you will not forgive us right on the spot, but in no way did we mean for any of this to happen.” Celestia explains.

“Your trust and friendship will take awhile for you to ever gain back from me, especially you Princess,” Twilight said looking at Celestia.

“But for now let's leave it at aquanauts.” Twilight said, reasoning with the two.

They nod and give Twilight a hug. Celestia moves away going back inside to enjoy the party. Leaving Twilight and Discord alone.

Twilight sighs before turning in to head back to her party. “Twilight wait…” Discord said.

Twilight stops in the doorway of her room. “Yes?” Twilight asked, her tone soft.

Discord gives a small smile at Twilight, before leaning into Twilight's ear whispering: “No matter who I choose and even though I have moved on my heart will forever belong to you.” He said, softly smiling at her.

“But you broke it.” Mutters Twilight, only loud enough to let Discord hear.

Discord looks back down, unable to know what to say next.

“Mother?” Stormy asked.

“Stormy, what’s going on?” Twilight asked.

“Everyone is wondering where you went.” Stormy said.

“Tell them that I’ll be there in a few, okay?” Twilight said.

Stormy nods and walks off, this isn’t the life she wished to have or hoped to have, but she hid her feelings well from her mother.

“So, that’s your other daughter, Stormy by him.” Discord said, not daring to bring up Sombra’s name in this conversation.

Twilight sighs. “..... yes.” She mutters.

“.... Twilight, everything that’s happened between us and with our daughter…” Discord stated.

But Twilight couldn’t help but think of one pony in the process… Sombra, memories of what she really did started to slowly fill her head.

She muted out Discord’s apology for a minute. “.... none of that matters now, really. It’s done and over with and it’s in the past for a reason.” Her voice was slightly inaudible as tears started to fill her eyes.

She intakes a sharp breath, holding back her tears. Sombra really made her life sometimes a living nightmare and sometimes he was the best thing that’s ever happened to her and now he is gone.

“..... Let’s just go back and enjoy the party. I’m sure Harmonia is looking for us.” Twilight said, giving a soft smile.

***

“So when is the new coronation date?” Confetti asked, slightly excited, ready for another party.

“As the next crowned Princess I think we should hold off on the crowning for a little while longer.” Harmonia mutters.

"And that, we will talk about that with your mother right now." Luna surprises Harmonia from behind, Harmonia's eyes widened from the statement.

"But where will we do it?" Harmonia asks the alicorn princess.

"As i said, we will discuss it with your mother." Luna says as she guides Harmonia to the room where her mother is, with another alicorn princess.

"Princess Celestia?" Harmonia exclaims, she then looks beside to see her mother smiling back at her.

"Is everything ok?" Harmonia asked, her tone worried.

"Yes dear, we were just discussing your coronation." Twilight wraps her daughter in a hug, Harmonia hugs back.

"The Canterlot castle is, not in good shape, but in due time, once it is finished, we will commence it there." Celestia states as she looks at the friendship map, eyeing the castle that was highlighted red.

"It will take awhile, but we have other matters to explain to you." Luna states, her tone saddened by the thought of it.

"What is it Princess Luna?" Twilight asks, her tone confused.

"We are…" Luna wasn't able to finish her statement, Celestia finishes it with a saddened tone.

"We are retiring." Celestia said, her tone mixed with sadness and relief.

"Retiring? But without you Equestria won't be the same!" Twilight exclaims, her tone frantic as she looked at the two with saddened looks.

"Oh that's where you are wrong! Equestria has you two." Celestia says in a comforting tone, Luna nods as she looks at the two who were in shock.

"Is it us, who's gonna take your places!?" Harmonia said in shock, sweating a little.

"You heard her." Luna laughed.

"It's a big honor Princess Celestia, but after what I've done…" Twilight trails off, Harmonia hugs Twilight, nuzzling her.

"Thank you baby." Twilight smiled at her daughter.

"What's in the past is in the past." Luna said, going beside Twilight, giving her a reassuring wing.

"And we know you'll do great, after all, you're my student with the skills of a Princess." Celestia smiles at Twilight, she smiles back.

"Mom, should we?" Harmonia said, looking up at her mother.

"First we need to fix your coronation." Twilight laughs as her daughter sighed.

"I will order the guards to gather some of the finest builders of Ponyville, the castle renovations and the entire rebuild will, painful." Luna shrugs as she imagines the cost of the entire pay of the build.

"Well, no time to waste, we get to it." Celestia says as she opens the balcony doors and spreads her wings.

"Where are you going sister?" Luna asks.

"To inform the guards about our plans for builders, the early we begin, the better." Celestia smiles at her sister and flies out of the room.

"I guess i'll be explaining your coronation sequence." Luna goes in front of them then explains how the coronation works from start to the end.

PreviousChapters Next