• Published 28th Apr 2020
  • 815 Views, 29 Comments

"Bring Trixie the Blue Pages!" - shortskirtsandexplosions



It's a just a simple favor. Surely Starlight is more than capable of doing it. Especially if she's rewarded with Great and Powerful Cuddles.

  • ...
6
 29
 815

06

“Okay...”

Starlight stammers.

“Okay okay okay...”

Starlight rambles.

She squats—hunched over—beside a bird bath with a sunken model of a tiny sailing ship. Random insignias loom all around her on tall pedestals.

Meanwhile, she's busying herself with a haphazard smattering of notepads, upon which she has scribbled countless numbers, figures, illustrations, diagrams, and constellations.

“Okay... okay so...” There are bags under her eyes. Her mane is a frazzled mess. Nevertheless, she floats a pen from paper to paper, frenetically circling and scribbling and underlining bits of data. “October eleventh, nineteen hundred and eighty-four. Ten o'four in the morning. Right. Right right right...” She licks her lips and peruses more notes. “January seventeenth... November twenty-third...” Her eyes reflect starry dots, then a series of cryptographs. “Uh huh. Uh huh. Uh huh. Sooooooo...”

Wincing, she stands up on creaking knees.

The mare hobbles over to three pedestals, one after the other.

“Snake...”

She presses the outline in question.

“...Leaf...”

She presses another button on another pedestal.

Then, at last...

“...Beetle.”

Click.

She stands in place, holding her breath. Her eyes dart left and right. And then...

...the sound of rushing water.

Her breath sucks in. She bites her bottom lip with anticipation.

The rushing water escalates into a deluge. It almost sounds like a whirlpool in reverse. Then—after much liquid cacophony—the phenomenon is over.

“...please... pretty please...!”

She turns to the bird bath.

The model of a sailing ship bobs healthily at the surface, its upper hull completely dry.

“... … ...yes...”

She gallops past the library and planetarium.

Her hooves brake against grass and she slides to a stop just before the wooden dock.

Her muzzle hangs open wide, beaming with a gorgeous smile.

“... … ...yes!!!”

The boat in its entirety is now securely moored to the dock. It is no longer sunken. Not a single droplet of water clings to its mast or sail.

“I raised the boat!” she squeals.

Starlight Glimmer dances in place before hopping around in happy horse circles.

“I raised the boat I raised the boat I raised the boat I raised the boat!!! Eeee-heee-hee-heee!