• Published 28th Apr 2020
  • 815 Views, 29 Comments

"Bring Trixie the Blue Pages!" - shortskirtsandexplosions



It's a just a simple favor. Surely Starlight is more than capable of doing it. Especially if she's rewarded with Great and Powerful Cuddles.

  • ...
6
 29
 815

02

Stars.

Stars against a black expanse.

Suddenly...

A crescent moon.

An eclipse.

And then... … …

… … ...the silhouette of an equine figure grasping a book falls from a momentary crack of atmospheric daylight and plunges into the abyss.

I realized, the moment I fell into the fissure, that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.

“Uhhhh...” Starlight manages to speak while in free-fall, surrounded by stars. “...hello?!?”

It continued falling into that starry expanse of which I had only a fleeting glimpse. I have tried to speculate where it might have landed, but I must admit, however— such conjecture is futile.

“Yeah... uh huh... look, loud booming voice, I get it. I touched a magical book and now it's whisking me away to an otherworldly dimension. That's cool and all... but—”

Still, the question of whose hands might someday hold my—

“Really, though, can I skip this? Please?? I've got a friend to find blue pages for and I'm in no mood for—”

Starlight's body strikes an obsidian black surface below, forming bright white cracks against the nothingness.

THUDDD!

“Ooof!”