• Published 28th Apr 2020
  • 811 Views, 29 Comments

"Bring Trixie the Blue Pages!" - shortskirtsandexplosions



It's a just a simple favor. Surely Starlight is more than capable of doing it. Especially if she's rewarded with Great and Powerful Cuddles.

  • ...
6
 29
 811

04

Starlight touches the painting.

The image of a corridor entrance swirls in on itself and returns to a solid canvas.

The unicorn isn't finished blinking when she hears a mechanical clatter to her right. She looks to see a previously innocuous bookcase slowly collapsing into a short set of stairs leading into a familiar corridor.

That's when she notices that the room is no longer billowing with salt air.

Starlight looks to her left to see that the door that leads into the antique library has shut completely.

“... … ...”

Starlight turns about and trots up towards the painting of an open doorway.

She touches it.

This image also swirls.

Another mechanical noise.

She pivots about to see that the corridor has closed up and the library entrance has reopened to daylight and ocean breeze.

“... … ...”

She trots back to the painting of the corridor, touches it, and summons the corridor entrance once again.

Then she strolls over to a topographical map of the island. As she places her hoof against it, she sees the words “Tower Rotation appearing at the bottom of the canvas. A red line spins around... and she releases it while it is aimed at the white silhouette of a large rocket

The entire library shakes from the sound of grinding gears and hissing hydraulics somewhere deep in the building.

Then, after a while, the noise stops completely.

Blinking multiple times, the mare slumps back on her little lilac rump.

“... … ...what the buck?