• Published 6th Mar 2020
  • 2,099 Views, 36 Comments

Let Rainbow Show You the Way - Mister E-Nonymous



Rainbow Dash comes to the real world, where MLP hasn't happened, she helps a teenage boy when he is having trouble at his school by bullies and a principal that thinks he is nothing but trouble.

  • ...
6
 36
 2,099

Chapter 2: Rainbow's School Days

Chapter 2: Rainbow's School Days


(Rainbow Dash's Point of View)

Well, it's been one week, and I'm still stuck here. Being here in this body is really taking a toll on me. Sharon took me clothes shopping for my own clothes as long as I'm here. I got my own outfit. A bunch of white shirts, dark blue running pants, a blue jacket with a yellow stripe. Sharon also took me to a place to get me a social security number. I got back to Rick's home to see Rick exhausted.

It turns out, his school principal thinks it was a good idea to let all students push their limits and tire them out. Along with cutting funding for the showers in their locker room, all the art and music programs. According to Rick, the principal won't allow any social contact. He really is strict. I really hate how he treats his students.

Just then a knocking came on the door. I called out, "Yeah?"

"Alright, Rainbow, it's time for you and Rick to go to school," came Sharon's voice.

"Oh, right," I responded. Did I mention that since I was fifteen, I have to attend school? Sharon told me that I had to blend in and go to school with Rick. I have been taught how to write in this world. It wasn't easy, but I learned that it was all in the wrist, and three of the fingers I had. And yesterday, Sharon took me to a place to get some school supplies. I can't believe that I have to go to school here. What am I, an egghead?

I got dressed, grabbed my school supplies, and followed Rick to school. I was not looking forward to going here. On two reasons. 1: I already have done my time in school. And 2: Hearing all of the bad things from Rick about the school he goes to, I would want to avoid the principal at all times. That's not going to be easy.


Rick and I went into the school, where a bunch of other teenagers here were grabbing books from some metal containers on the walls, and heading off to their class. I could see that not one of them were interacting with each other. Since I was assigned the exact same classes as Rick, I had to stick with Rick for all of his classes.

"You there! Girl!" came a voice. Rick and I turned around and saw a bald man in a suit. I was confused at first.

"Oh, boy," said Rick. "That's Principal Rogers. He hates all form of individuality. He won't let anyone express his or her individuality. No printed shirts, and no hair dye of any kind."

"I don't dye my mane," I said. "Why would he think...?"

"Your hair isn't really a normal color here," Rick responded.

Then the principal walked up to us, and he was looking angrily at me. He said, "How dare you not oblige by my rules. No printed shirts. No hair dye of any kind."

"Uhhh..." I responded.

"Tomorrow, remove all of that hair dye removed," the principal shouted at me. "You want every student here to get distracted?"

"Uhhh... I... It's just that..." I stammered, but Rick cut me off.

"The thing is, Rachel was pranked by a friend of hers before she got transferred here. She thought it was just a bother at first, but she thought it made her look awesome. I don't know how her friend did it, but her hair is dyed down to the roots, and so far, no matter how long it grows out, the new hair comes out the same color as the dye."

"Really?" Principal Rogers asked. He then looked at me angrily. "Alright. I'll allow this just once. But if any of you two cause trouble, I will give you a month of detention. So follow my rules."

"Yes, sir," Rick and I said in unison. We then headed towards our class. I just hope that not all of the teachers are like that. I want to get home. Hopefully when Twilight finds me, I might get an explanation of how I ended up here in the first place.


I stood in the front of the class while the teacher, Mr. Philips, introduced me to the fellow students.

"Good morning, class," Mr. Philips said. "I would like to introduce to you a new student here. Miss Rachel Dash." He then turned his head towards me and asked, "Now, I assume that you know the rule about expressing your individuality, right? Well, I assume that your hair might be a distraction to the class. But, for some reason, your hair reminds me of a rainbow, and every time I see one, I feel pretty good."

"Yeah," I said. "I'm pretty much use to it when I speed through my old town. Every time I do, I leave a bit of a rainbow trail."

"Well, I would love to see that sometime," said Mr. Philips. "Now, why don't you take a seat next to our previously new student, Rick Murphy."

I nodded and headed straight towards Rick. I sat down and, immediately, I had one shoulder on the desk, and I rested my head on my hand. I was already going to be bored here. Whatever I can get through here, it'll only be temporary.

"Now, today here in science class, we are going to be learning about a universal law called gravity," said Mr. Philips. "Now, can anyone tell me how gravity works to their knowledge?"

It seems that most of the students in here didn't want to raise a hand. I didn't want to answer it, but then Rick raised his left hand.

"Yes, Mr. Murphy," said Mr. Philips. "How would you like to explain how gravity works."

"Call me Rick," Rick responded. "It makes me feel like I'm as old as my father was." He then got up from his seat and headed straight for the front of the class. I wonder how Rick is going to explain this.


(Rick's Point of View)

I headed up to the whiteboard and I grabbed a marker. I said to the class, "This is how I believe gravity works." I then started drawing. I felt like my drawings were alive. "Gravity is what makes us stay grounded. Gravity is basically everywhere on a large body of mass. Like on other planets. Take Jupiter for example. The gravity on Jupiter is over twice as much gravity there is there than there is here. And like when Neil Armstrong landed on the moon. There, gravity was one-sixth as strong as there is here. Gravity is also what's keeping our planets in orbit. Gravity is what's making our planet rotate around the sun and the moon rotate around our planet. If we didn't have gravity, everything would be floating which might make everybody feel like they're flying, but it might also cause problems. And if we had too much gravity, everyone would be a human pancake."

"Thanks for the explanation, Rick," said Mr. Philips. "You may go ahead and take your seat."

I nodded and headed towards my seat.


(Rainbow Dash's Point of View)

I was bored listening on how gravity works. But when I heard that gravity makes the planet rotate around the sun and the moon rotate around the planet, I was dumbstruck. I bet if Twilight were here, she would have her mind blown. So, I would write down what I could learn about this place. Twilight is going to freak out with how things work here. And, I'm guessing that, since there aren't any pegasi here, the weather must work by itself. So, I might as well learn about how things work in this world as much as I can.

Basically I had to take a lot of notes. I don't want anypony at home think I'm an egghead, but I might as well share with my best friends what I learned here. Hopefully, they won't tell anypony else, except maybe Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.


Basically I had a lot of work to do here. Basically, the principal is out to get me and Rick, personally. It basically sucks being in a school where we're forced to be miserable. i think that every intelligent creature deserves a little bit of fun, don'tcha think? I wonder how Twilight would react to this guy's behavior. Anyway, all of the teachers and the school janitor haven't been getting a fair enough pay from what Rick and I found out. It turns out, the janitor has been working here for fifteen years; and two years ago, Principal Rogers took over the school, and basically cut everyone's pay. He cut their work from $30 to $5. At least their families have been helping a lot with paying their taxes.

And the janitor usually gets fourteen dollars and thirty-six cents an hour. What is Principal Rogers hiding? Right now I can't focus on that now. Rick starts work at Big 5 Sporting Goods. Basically, it's the same shop where I got my shoes. I can't believe I'm coming back to the place where I got the shoes.

I just hope that Rick will be okay until his shift ends at 6:30. Rick wants to get a good pay as long as he works here. I don't want to get in the way of him working.

"Hello," said a man in a uniform. "You must be Richard Murphy."

"Call me Rick," Rick responded to the man. "I rather go by Rick. Nice to meet you, Joe."

"Good to finally meet you," said Joe. "Oh, and I see you're not alone. Wait a minute." He saw me and recognized me. "Aren't you the girl who came here looking for some running shoes?"

"Joe, this is Rachel," said Rick, introducing me with my cover name. "She's a transfer student living with us for now. As you can see, she's very athletic."

"I can see that," said Joe. "What is she doing here?"

"My mom doesn't really want her home all by herself, so she came with me until my mom comes to pick us both up," said Rick. "You don't mind, do you?"

"Well, she is a beautiful girl," said Joe. "And, I think she might make a pretty awesome girlfriend for you, Rick."

That last comment made both Rick and me blush. Rick then broke the silence, saying, "I... don't really think it's going to really work out. She came from Maine, and she really need is a bit... competitive."

"I'll try not to cause too much trouble," I said.

"Well," said Joe. "Rick, let's get you working on stocking and loading heavy items into a customer's car. You think you can do that?"

"I can try as best I can do," Rick said.


It has been a long day. Rick has stocked up a lot of things. And when one man purchased a trampoline for his son's birthday, I had to help Rick load it onto his truck. Rick sure needed the help. Then, Sharon came here to pick us up. But before I left, Joe asked me if I wanted to work here at the same hours as Rick. Well, it would at least get me something to do besides school work and waiting for Rick to finish up. He said that I would be able to start tomorrow with Rick.

Rick said I should help out around here. And I might as well get some currency here to help out around Rick's house. Rick said that I would be able to get a good enough pay here. Then, Rick and I left, and we headed on back to his place. I just hope I wouldn't have to worry about the long wait that probably come. If it takes so long, I might as well be patient. Although, patience isn't my strong suit.