• Published 19th Feb 2020
  • 9,058 Views, 105 Comments

Daybreaker vs Chrysalis - SamSwordsman123



After Twilight is wounded fighting Chrysalis, Celestia turns into Daybreaker to fight the Queen and save Twilight.

  • ...
19
 105
 9,058

Chapter Three Aftermath

With a gasp, Luna flew off of her tower. What in her sister’s name had been going on since she’d gone to sleep at 8 in the morning? She’d expected to arrive late at her adoptive nieces wedding celebration and party with them before having to do her duty of protecting ponies in their dreams once again. Apparently something very bad had happened in the last few minutes. So many buildings were on fire! Smoke was covering the sky. Ponies everywhere were running in the streets, and there were also strange buglike creatures attacking all of ponykind.

Seeing a family consisting of a stallion, mare, and their young filly being cornered in an alleyway caused Luna to soar down. She shot a beam of blue magic at one of the bug like creatures as they looked ready to pounce on the family of ponies. The other bugs looked up and saw the princess of the night coming down on them. She managed to hit another one while the remaining three flew up at her. Luna surrounded herself in a sphere of magic in the same shape of her moon. The bug creatures hit her shield, hissing and snarling at her as they attempted to bash it in. Luna simply smirked at them and flapped her wings as she directed it so that her assailants backs were to the ground. She pinned the bugs to the ground, she could have squashed them then and there but didn’t. Instead she backed off, lowering her shield and flying backwards before using another of her dream magic. The magic to put others to sleep.

A mist traveled from her horn toward the bugs who took one breath of it and immediately fell asleep. Luna then turned her attention to the family that had almost been attacked.

“Is everypony alright?” Luna asked.

“Yes, thank you princess,” the father said.

The young filly meanwhile, sobbed. “I was so scared! I thought we were all going to die!”

Luna approached the filly and put a hoof around her. “There there little one, its going to be alright. Come, follow me. I will lead you to safety.”

She lead the family back out of the alley and among the streets, looking around. Where was a safe place? Where had this attack come from? Luna needed answers.

“Can you tell me what happened?” she asked the family as she lead them along the streets.

The mother shook her head. “We were just out for a walk and then suddenly were two ponies in the sky battling with magic.”

“Two ponies in the sky battling with magic?” Luna repeated. “You mean to say two… alicorns?”

“I think so.”

Luna couldn’t believe it. The only two alicorns besides herself in all of Equestria were her own sister and their niece Princess Cadence. The thought of the two of them ever fighting seemed inconceivable. But then, she herself had once turned against Celestia. Had Princess Cadence done the same?

“Was it Princess Cadence and my sister?”

The father shook his head. “No, it wasn’t either of them. They were both really high so we didn’t get a good look at them, but we could see one was black and the other seemed to be covered in flames.”

A black alicorn and a flaming alicorn battling. That was something Luna had never heard of before. Or was one of them an alicorn at all? All of the invading creatures were black and seemed to be able to fly as well as well as use magic, which among ponykind was a trait only alicorns possessed.

“Was the black one one of the creatures that are attacking?” Luna asked.

“It could have been,” the father admitted. “Though it looked larger than the others. There was no mistaking the fiery one though I think. I got a good look at it, definitely pony.”

Things were looking mysterious. Even if Luna’s theory about the black alicorn being a larger bug creature was correct there was still a flaming alicorn somewhere. And Canterlot was in flames. Luna had to get this family somewhere safe quickly. But where?

“Princess Luna!” a voice called.

Luna looked and saw a pegasus member of the royal guard approaching her.

“What is going on? What happened while I was asleep?” Luna asked.

“Canterlot is being invaded Princess!” The guard informed her.

“I can see that!” she shouted, annoyed at the obvious. “How did this happen? And where is my sister?”

“It… it all started in the wedding hall Princess!” The guard said. “A young mare burst into the wedding hall as your sister was about to finish the wedding. Then another Princess Cadence entered the room. The one Captain Shining Armor was about to marry… she was an imposter! The queen of creatures called changelings… that’s what these things attacking are! The mare, Twilight Sparkle, she attacked the Queen and got bitten!”

Luna gasped, remembering how Twilight Sparkle had helped her win the love of the ponies in Ponyville. After Celestia, Twilight was the closest friend Luna had. “Is Twilight alright?”

The guard looked down. “She was poisoned, there was venom in the Queen’s bite. She’s probably at the hospital now. I suggest you get there. Its being set as one of the defended grounds against the changelings!”

Luna nodded and looked at the family. “I will teleport all of you there with me,” she then looked back at the guard. “But what of my sister?”

The guard sighed. “After Twilight Sparkle was poisoned, Princess Celestia… she… transformed into a dark alicorn… engulfed in fire… called herself Daybreaker”

Luna gasped. Her sister had suffered the same fate as she had! That flaming pony… it was her own sister!

“I must help her!” Luna exclaimed.

Looking at the family again, Luna quickly lit up her horn and teleported herself, the Pegasus guard and them to the Canterlot Hospital where a large number of Royal Guards had gathered. Injured citizens were being brought in as the fighting continued across all of Canterlot. Luna couldn’t believe the devastation as she looked at the wounded. Some ponies were burned, likely because of Celestia’s new form. All that fire in Canterlot… was Celestia… or Daybreaker’s doing.

“Get inside!” Luna told the family.

They did as they were told.

“What do you want me to do, Princess?” the guard that she had teleported with her asked.

Looking at the burning city, Luna gave a determined look.

“We need to put out the fires across Canterlot. I want you to gather as many Pegasi as possible and get them to form a rain cloud to cover the entire city!”

“At once!” he saluted and flew off to perform his task while Luna looked on.

“My sister’s rage is a terrible thing to behold,” she said as tears escaped her eyes. Memories of how she had been envious of her sister and turned into Nightmare Moon flowed into her. Now Celestia had turned into Daybreaker, and when she was free she would no doubt feel great regret at what she had done to her own city. Luna would need to there for her, help her sister through her regret.

But first, she needed to free her sister from Daybreaker’s influence. But how? It had taken the elements of harmony to transform Luna back into herself. Perhaps those would work the same way for Celestia.

No, Luna thought. Twilight Sparkle was in the hospital right now, possibly dying. Luna couldn’t rely on the bearers of the elements to save her sister right now. Therefore, she would have to save Celestia herself. Use her love for her sister and hope it would be enough.

She flapped her wings, ready to begin her search for her sister. But before she could take off, Luna saw her. A alicorn with a flaming mane flew towards her.

“Hello, my traitor of a sister.”