• Published 2nd Feb 2020
  • 1,158 Views, 18 Comments

Brok - Jhonn



Some legends called him the blacksmith god, others referred to him as the artisan of Faust, but very few mention his name, Brok.

  • ...
0
 18
 1,158

Chapter 12

I usually enjoy a good meal with the family while we talk about new things that have happened or gossip about the town, like that curious rivalry that Smith started with the pears, if I remember correctly it was with the youngest of the family, although he has the same age as Smith, they behave like foals.

But now I would like to be somewhere else.

"Well, Smith, that was delicious, and thanks for inviting me Seed, being out of the castle for a while is what I needed, these last few weeks have been very exhausting" - Celestia said while she had some tea.

"It's the least i could do Tia, right grandpa?" - Seed said as she gave me such a dark look that I thought this was a nightmare, maybe it is, although a sip of my boiling tea tells me that this is very real .

"Of course my dear, it's good to help friends" - I said while trying to avoid looking at the huge princess.

I must admit that I had forgotten how huge alicorns can be, practically half of her leg is taller than me.

Also her magic was incredible, like a lake of light in the middle of the night fed by an almost infinite golden river, perhaps it was because of her connection with the sun.

"I must admit that it is a pleasure to meet the legendary blacksmith of the Apple family, you are a little difficult to contact" - Celestia said while looking at me, god I hate this part.

"Well, princess, my encounters with royalty or any type of government for a change have not been very pleasant" - I said as cordially as possible, but considering that almost everyone at the table was shaken by my voice, I think it did not work.

"Considering what you went through, I'm not surprised, I don't blame you for not trusting me" -she said, surprising me.

Turning my head towards Seed, her embarrassed look only makes me feel less angry at her.

Before politely yelling at him for talking to someone else about other people's personal things, Strong interrupted me by putting his hoof on my shoulder.

"We promised to help you with your mission, but years have passed and we still haven't been able to find anything but stories, the princess is someone you can trust, she helped us when no one else could, just like you" -said Strong as he looked at me to the eyes.

"We trust her grandfather, give her a chance" - said Seed, looking at me with a pleading look, it almost seemed like she was going to burst into tears.

Frankly, I don't know what to think, I could only look at my family.

My family...

I can't make the same mistake.

'you can take a leap of faith, just like you did with me'

After so many years, her words from her still follow me.

"I know you can't trust my Brok, but Seed told me about your story, frankly I was very surprised, I have so many questions that I want to ask you, but I think I can help you with something that may bring you some peace" - said Celestia while she teleported a kind of crystal and the table and chairs disappeared, gently leaving us on the floor.

"To say that I was septic of what Seed was talking about was saying little, but the more he told me, the more things seemed to fit, even details that escape me" - she said as she shot magic at the crystal, causing a kind of white light came out of the crystal tip and drew a crystal city

"The mountains where you left your family were the cradle of a great civilization, the crystal ponies thrived for centuries even before my birth, their last ruler was Princess Amore, but one day he fell under a cruel unicorn called Sombra" - said Celestia while showing images of Sombra and Princess Amore.

Even the image of Sombra did not leave to the imagination how powerful he was, but there was something strange in his magical aura, he was not a pure unicorn, something else was mixed, something familiar.

And Amore, she was beautiful, but what surprised me most was the resemblance to my late wife.

"When Sombra was about to fall, he launched a curse that made the empire disappear along with him, almost 1000 years have passed since then, and maybe he will return in a couple of dozen more years, I believe the royal family of the crystal empire are your descendants "- Celestia finished, leaving the image of Amore.

It makes sense, I gave them what I could to make them prosper, I'm glad that in the end, everything turned out well, or at least until Sombra appeared.

I felt my heart clench, I touched my chest for the pain, a pain that I only experienced twice in my entire life appeared again.

"What happened to Amore?" - I asked fearfully.

"She was killed by Sombra, or so I think, we didn't find her dead or alive" - ​​Celestia said as she left the crystal in my reach.

Grabbing it, hugging it to my chest, I think I have to make a trip to a certain place, or at least until the empire appears again.

"Thank you very much" - I said as I looked at Celestia with tears in my eyes.

"I hope that with this you can trust me a little, if there are so many more dangers, I want to help you contain or destroy them before they cause harm"

"I guess at least I owe you that" - I said with a soft smile, while my family hugged me and the crystal.

Almost 7 years have passed the Apples know me, and they are crying for a family they don't know.

I don't deserve them.

Leaving the hug, I composed myself enough to put the crystal in one of the bags on my belt.

I think Celestia was surprised that it would fit in it, but it was a magic belt.

"As a favor for the crystal, I think I can do something for you, what if I help you with your family problem? I think your sister has been alone for a long time, don't you think?" - I said with a soft smile.

Perhaps I was a bit cocky, although Celestia's look was worth it, it seemed that she had hit her with a fish.

"ho..how do you know?"

"I can see things that others don't, besides, you really thought I wouldn't notice the huge face stuck to the Moon? I can help you free your sister from the madness of a nightmare, it is not the first time that an alicorn falls due to corruption".

And there it is, my ability to render beautiful mares speechless still works.

Although Celestia doesn't compare to my wife.