• Published 1st Mar 2020
  • 338 Views, 9 Comments

11 Short Dreams About Equestria - FanficReader920



Join Princess Luna as she ventures through the dreams of numerous creatures that live in the magical world of Equestria.

  • ...
 9
 338

Dream #2: Derpy Hooves

"Can we go now?!" An ecstatic Derpy Hooves was practically vibrating as her companion hurriedly checked through his machinery. "You promised!"

"Trust me, my dear, there is no other place I'd rather be right now," her companion reassured her. "However, after my little run-in with the Weeping Alicorns, I have to make sure the TARDIS isn't going to malfunction and leave us stranded in the void of space."

"...oh."

Time Turner—or as Derpy liked to call him, "Doc"—took a calming breath as he went to address his special somepony's impatience. He rounded the TARDIS' circular control panel to put his hoof onto Derpy's cheek, the grey pegasus affectionately leaning into it.

"There isn't a day that goes by where I don’t feel horrible when my duties come in the way of our family, and that was especially true last Hearth's Warming...."


Last Hearth's Warming


"I need you!" Derpy shouted into the communication device Doc had given her. "I'm cooking Hearth's Warming Dinner!"

"I'm being shot at by Cyberponies!" Doc said, proven by the fact that Derpy could hear crashes of the shots hitting the TARDIS in the background.

"Well, can't we do both?!" the grey pegasus pleaded as she burst into the kitchen to transport more food to the table.

"I'm terribly sorry, love, but I'm afraid this isn't just going to resolve itself."

Derpy let out a resigning breath. "Alright, but you owe me, okay?"

"Of course, my dear," Doc replied. "I'll see you at home. Bye!"

The device let out a long drawn out beep as Derpy sighed in defeat.


"... but I assure you that you'll love what I have planned for tonight's date," Doc reassured.

"Well, you already got a sitter for Dinky, so you're off to a good start, but why do you have to be so mysterious about where you're taking me?" Derpy's crossed eyes pleaded for the information she craved, but Doc was far from weak-willed. He removed his hoof from her cheek and walked back around the console to continue the pre-intergalactic travel checklist.

"It's all in the surprise, my dear," Doc said as he made a couple of quick adjustments. "Alright, I think we're good to go."

Derpy's ears perked up in anticipation. "Can I say it this time?!"

Doc gave a smile to his beloved. "It's all yours."

"Allons-y!"

Doc pulled down a lever with his hooves and a sound began to emanate from all around them, indicating the TARDIS was functional.

Derpy was prancing around the control panel, giddy at the destination that awaited them on the other side of the TARDIS' door. As the sound began to fade, Derpy's prancing became faster and faster, to the point that she was going so fast she wasn't paying attention and collided with Doc. As the two tumbled to the floor, the brown earth pony couldn't help but let out a chuckle, which Derpy joined in on.

"Alright, my dear," Doc prepped. "Are you ready to explore the planet Kolac?"

"What's planet Kolac?"

"Well, why don't you see for yourself?" Doc gestured to the silver TARDIS door.

Derpy got up on her hooves before taking flight, bursting out the door and immediately meeting darkness as she crashed into… something. She felt a pull on her tail, undoubtedly Doc trying to get her out. After a couple of heaves, he managed to free Derpy, like pulling a carrot from the ground.

"Are you alright, love?"

"Yeah, Doc, but… what did I hit?" Derpy asked.

"Why don't you take a second and look around, love?"

Heeding her special somepony's advice, Derpy looked to examine the object she collided with further only to find a large light brown structure that had to be so massive it rivaled the size of Sugarcube Corner. When she saw what topped the gargantuan object before her, she found a little bit of yellow liquid seeping from a sliced lemon. Was this what she thought it was?!

The grey pegasus went just to the left of where she flew into the muffin and took a bite, and indeed tasted that combination of sweet and sour that she loved so much. She turned to Doc, befuddled. "Is this a Lemon Muffin Surprise?!"

"I'll admit, this one was an addition I made myself quite recently, but everything else around you is just the way I found it," Doc explained.

Derpy looked behind her special somepony, and she saw them all. Muffins. Giant muffins! Giant muffins everywhere! As far as the eye could see! She looked down to her hooves. Even the soil was made of muffin. The grey pegasus' crossed eyes went wide as she gasped sharply. She rotated her body completely around, and aside from the blue of the TARDIS, her entire surroundings were pretty much muffin brown.

She could see a blueberry muffin about fifty yards to her left. She could see a banana muffin close by the Lemon Muffin Surprise she flew into. It was like she died and went to Muffin Heaven.

She looked back to Doc, a smitten grin adorning his face as he took in his special somepony's reaction. "Do you like it?"

He got his answer when the grey pegasus walked, not flew, walked up to him and took his lips into her own, the kiss expressing everything Derpy felt in that moment: awe, wonder, excitement, a slight bit of hunger, but most of all, appreciation. Finally, when they parted, as if the stallion needed any more confirmation of his successfully planned date, Derpy put it into three simple words.

"I love it."

The two spent the rest of their date exploring the planet, eating every muffin they could along the way. Derpy even got the fine idea to take Doc in her hooves, fly up, and drop him onto one of the large muffins, like dropping a foal on a bed.

Several hours later, nearly every muffin that she could see, and even some parts of the ground, were now marked multiple times by the teeth of the pair of intergalactic travellers. Now, they were taking a quick break, sitting against the Lemon Muffin Surprise that was right next to the TARDIS.

The grey pegasus gazed at their surroundings like she was watching the dragon migration.

"Can we honeymoon here?" She absentmindedly asked, more of a wishful thought than a serious request.

"If it comes to that, I don't see why not," Doc approved.

Derpy took that moment to snuggle closer to her special somepony, thinking of the past, present, and future to come.

The Time Traveler's Wife did have a nice ring to it.

Author's Note:

That flashback was a reference to Doctor Who, specifically this clip.

Also, the name of the muffin planet, Kolac, was named after the Croatian word for "muffin."