• Published 14th Sep 2012
  • 1,426 Views, 25 Comments

August - 2012 (T.W.G.) - The Writer's Group



Short stories, a lot of authors, and more 'wut' than you can shake a stick at. Is your body ready?

  • ...
2
 25
 1,426

Bonds - LimeAttack

Author: LimeAttack
Prompt: 3) Gummy can write
Title: Bonds


It is not that I do not care to write for the benefit of the ponies. Rather, I feel that their strange, perceived notions of the intelligence of animals could not possibly be overthrown by my simple musings. I find this to be exceptionally likely, given the disposition of many to believe that my owner possesses an immense mind belied by her normally cheerful and blissfully ignorant exterior. This assertion holds true to some extent, yet her cheerful ignorance is not something conjured to hide brilliance. In fact, that apparent vacancy may be the reason she has learned so much about the world—very few ponies will watch their tongues so carefully when she walks by, humming quietly to herself.

As for myself, Pinkie Pie is a delight. She brightens up my otherwise dull existence, and always has a treat sitting around for when I perform feats befitting grandeur. I love her so. Fortunately, I have no teeth, so my loving bites are fairly harmless. I cannot imagine how I would express my affection if I did have teeth.

Anyway, back to my previous subject. Ponies naturally are very intelligent creatures in their own right, and can often—

“Gummy!” Pinkie called out, balancing a bowl on her head, “I have a dinner for you!” With a warm smile bigger than life, she bounced into the room to find her lovely pet quietly sitting, just like he always did. With a slight clunk, the food bowl settled on the ground. Gummy walked up to Pinkie Pie, and with a leap, clamped his jaw around her hair.

“Oh Gummy,” Pinkie laughed with a snort, “you must really like my hair!” As she glanced about the room, Pinkie Pie caught eye of a small book with a pencil laying beside it.

“Ohoh, what's this, Gummy?”

His eyes blinked thrice in rapid succession. No...

Pinkie stared at the lines in the journal, eyes going over every last mark. “That's really deep, Gummy! But I would work on the writing some.” When she set the book back down, the page stayed open to the most recent, completely unintelligible scribble.

Perhaps it is for the best that I do not show my work to ponies...