• Published 14th Sep 2012
  • 1,430 Views, 25 Comments

August - 2012 (T.W.G.) - The Writer's Group



Short stories, a lot of authors, and more 'wut' than you can shake a stick at. Is your body ready?

  • ...
2
 25
 1,430

I always feel like somepony's watching me - overdonefictions

Author: overdonefictions
Prompt: Gummy can write.
Title: I always feel like somepony's watching me.


Fluttershy checked her mailbox like she normally does, at three o' clock sharp. She leafed through a stack of bills and magazines. At the bottom of her pile was an unmarked envelope. Out of curiosity, she opened it. A single page had three big words on it "I'M WATCHING YOU"

Fluttershy squeaked and dove under her table. She peeked out and looked around. Suddenly she didn't feel safe. Even in her own house. Fluttershy climbed out from under the table. She checked outside all her windows. There was nopony.

Fluttershy heard a knock at the door. She opened it cautiously. Nopony was there. She looked down at her doormat. There was Pinkie's alligator, Gummy, sitting there. Fluttershy picked him up. He blinked once.

She figured Pinkie had probably lost him, so she brought him back to Sugarcube Corner. Fluttershy continued her routine day, and then went to bed at sundown.

_______________________

The next day at three o' clock, Fluttershy checked her mail again. There was another unmarked letter. She opened it and flinched. "YOU SHOULD PUT A WINDOW IN YOUR BATHROOM"

Fluttershy blushed slightly and threw away the note. She was beginning to feel more and more creeped out. She heard another knock. This time at her window. She looked and saw Gummy again. She ignored him this time. Pinkie was probably letting him out for a reason, and wouldn't want somepony to bring him back and mess something up. She concluded that wasn't a very good reason for leaving him there, but she didn't want to bother Pinkie again.

Fluttershy once again went through her routine, but this time, she could see Gummy staring at her. Fluttershy had trouble sleeping that night.

_______________________

Fluttershy didn't bother looking at her other mail this time. She searched for the blank envelope and tore it open. "YOU'RE CUTE WHEN YOU SLEEP"

Poor Fluttershy wanted to cry. She was so afraid that there was somepony dangerous around that she couldn't help but always look out her windows. The entire day, she saw Gummy there. She ignored him again. She was too busy being terrified.

Trouble sleeping again. Fluttershy considered boarding up her windows.

_______________________

Fluttershy read the next letter. "I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOU TONIGHT"

Fluttershy did indeed cry this time. She whimpered pitifully under her table. "There's some kind of creeper -snif- or, or, a rapist, or something, -snif- and they're gonna get me!"

Fluttershy stayed there pretty much the whole day, crying and worrying. She saw it get dark outside and figured she might as well face her fate. She was saving herself for somepony special too...

Fluttershy opened her bedroom door. There were candles lit and rose petals covered her bed. She carefully entered the room. Gummy was sitting there on her bed. She suddenly felt extremely silly. "Oh Gummy, you scared the life out of me. Hang on and I'll take you back to Pinkie Pie."

Gummy made a croaking noise. Fluttershy looked back at him and he pounced on top of her.

"NOOOOOOO! PLEASE NO! AHHHHHHHHH!"

The End