• Published 11th Dec 2019
  • 9,790 Views, 672 Comments

Equestria: The Afterlife - Timzocker201



What would you do, if you found yourself in an unknown location and couldn't move? That's the situation Markus finds himself in, after suffering a horrible fate.

  • ...
56
 672
 9,790

PreviousChapters Next
Ch55: May God have Mercy upon my Enemies...

“A toast to our new governor!” The Chancellor called with her glass held high. The other Gryphon nobles followed reluctantly, as they were to welcome someone or, more precisely, somepony whom they rather wouldn’t have to deal with at all.

Markus, meanwhile, sat in his chair at the large banquet table a little awkwardly. It wasn’t that the chair was uncomfortable in any way, nor was it that he couldn’t stand the meat that was served at the banquet. Actually, he felt the idea quite appealing to just take one of the steaks served there and take a big bite out of it, the strange looks he’d be getting be damned.

However, therein lay the problem. Not in the looks, mind you, but in the eating itself. When Markus took on his disguise, he only made an empty hull. Since he didn’t need to eat or drink or, if he wanted, sleep anymore, he found that adding a digestive tract would just be unnecessary details. He, of course, could change that on a moment’s notice if he wanted. However, there was a slight problem with that.

The nobles of the Gryphon Republic and Gryphons in general were very twitchy around magic, which was only natural, given that they themselves didn’t normally possess magic and in order to add a digestive tract to his disguise, he would have to rework the whole thing, which would mean that they would see him getting devoured by black fog for a moment.

And so, he just sat there, staring at an empty plate. The nobles were probably thinking that he was just awkward because of all the meat that was served and he did not intend to change that. Though, that didn’t mean that he felt any less annoyed by the stares.

Then, suddenly someone knocked on the door, promising salvation, as Bloodfeather entered the room and gave a salute.

“I greet you, great chancellor! I came to discuss urgent matters with my charge, the governor.”

Markus immediately jumped up from his seat, thankful for the opportunity to leave.

“In that case, there is no time to be wasted.” He said, looking and bowing respectfully to the chancellor. “Chancellor, I am very sorry, but it seems I will have to take my leave a bit earlier than expected.”

Before the Chancellor could reply in any way, Markus and Bloodfeather already left the room and were walking down the hallways.

“I am very sorry, if I have sought you out at an unfavorable moment, my lord.” The Gryphoness apologized.

“Oh, don’t worry, sergeant, there isn’t much I’m going to miss out on and I was already feeling bored anyways.” Markus assured. “Now, what have you found?”


Markus was flipping through page after page in the book he held in his hands. He had to have missed something somewhere, but he couldn’t find out where it was!

The information he got from Bloodfeather was unsettling, yet sadly yielded no good clues. The one who gave the kill order on the old governor and him was indeed not a Gryphon, but a pony. Though, who exactly, or at least what he or she looked like was not part of the info. The only thing that was certain was that there was some reason for that pony to hate Equestria.

A sudden knock on the door to the library derailed his train of thought. Markus closed the tome he held in his hands and looked towards the door with a polite smile.

“Come on in, Luna.”

The Princess of the Night entered the Library and strode towards the human sitting in the small reading area right in front of her.

“I must say, I know you for almost a year now and yet, your dreamscape continues to amaze me.” She complimented him, as Markus offered her a seat.

“Thank you for the compliments.” He answered. “However, not to appear rude, but I doubt that you’ve contacted me in such a private manner, just to compliment me.”

Luna’s smile fell and morphed into a concerned expression. “Yes, you are indeed correct. Something… has happened.” She said cryptically.

Markus waited a few moments and when she didn’t continue, Markus spoke up. “Care to elaborate?”

“Oh, of course, I am sorry, I just… I was lost in thought for a moment. Anyways, it seems somepony has appeared, or rather someone has appeared who shouldn’t be there at this moment.”

“And… who would that be?” Markus asked.

“You.” Came Luna’s answer.

“What?” Markus asked again, raising an eyebrow.

“Today, a letter reached us, in which Twilight invited us to your wedding, but we knew that it wasn’t you, who revealed himself to her, because Tia… euh… well, she… may have put a tracking spell on you?” Luna looked over to Markus apologetically, waiting for him to lose his temper, over the impostor, as well as over the tracking spell. However, he just sat there neutrally.

“Oh, I already knew that. The tracking spell I mean. Honestly, Celestia wasn’t all that subtle when casting it, wasn’t she?” Markus said. “And as for the impostor…“ Markus got up out of his seat and walked over to a section in the bookshelves with books that looked relatively new, at least compared to the rest. He pulled one out and opened it, revealing memories of his time with Twilight and Rainbow within. “… It is a shame that it won’t be me, whom they’re wed to, but as long as they’re happy, so am I… and besides, I am sure that Mystic already knows about the impostor and that she will do everything to keep Twilight and Rainbow safe.”

Luna felt like she should add that Rainbow wouldn’t be included in the marriage, but she just could bring herself to say it. Not when she saw Markus like this, obviously missing the two, but still pushing on and wishing for them to be happy, even if it’s at his own loss.

Instead, she chose to make a different remark that had been sitting on her mind. “You seem to think an awful lot of her.”

“Indeed. After all, there is a reason why I’ve promoted her to take my place.”

Luna took a hoof up to her chin, mimicking Markus’s signature thinking pose. “Oh really? I thought it was because she is such a pretty mare.” She joked.

“Pfff, yeah, sure, as if I’d ever cheat on my two wonderful mares.” Markus said. “But as far as I know she’s still single, if you’re interested.”


“Achoo!” Mystic sneezed, as she and Bulkhead sat together in the park close to the hospital.

“Bless you. I hope you aren’t getting a cold, are you?” Bulkhead asked her, as she took a hoofkerchief and wiped her nose.

“Oh, no, I’m okay. It’s just a little chilly, that’s all.” She answered.

“Ah, that’s a relief. Anyways, what was it that you wanted to talk about?”

Mystic suddenly found that the temperature around her was rising and she couldn’t hold her legs still anymore. She shifted a little awkwardly in place, trying to find a more comfortable position.

It was true that she had come to Bulkhead to tell him something, but now that the moment was there, she found it immensely more difficult than she had imagined.

“Euh, yeah, there was something I wanted to talk about.” She took a deep breath, trying to steel her nerves. Honestly, Bulkhead was the one who brought it up first, so why was she so nervous about it?

“A-about your confession, I…” She stammered. As soon as she mentioned his confession, Bulkhead turned round and looked at her, waiting for her answer.

“I… I… I think, I accept…” Mystic said quickly.

“Wohooo!!!” Bulkhead cheered, jumping out of his Wheelchair to dance a polka, though he was quickly reminded, why he had that Wheelchair in the first place. He landed in a heap on the ground, unable to lift himself up. He looked up at Mystic, who had both her hooves before her mouth in shock. “Euh… help?” He asked sheepishly.

Mystic couldn’t hold her laughter anymore. She started laughing loudly and Bulkhead joined in. The two laughed for a good while, before Mystic then gently lifted him back into his Wheelchair with her magic.

“Though… none of this lovey-dovey nickname stuff yet, okay? I’m just not ready for that yet.” Mystic determined. “A-and speaking of… ready…”

She blushed and quickly looked away. Bulkhead sighed and looked down to his hind legs. “Yeah, I can guess what you want to say. Honestly, given my situation, you’d probably have to do all the work by yourself anyways, so…”

“Y-yeah…” Mystic blushed even harder, though it wasn’t because of what Bulkhead had said. “B-but there is one thing, that I’d be ready for…”

“And that would be?” Bulkhead asked hopefully.

“Maybe… maybe you could… kiss me?”

“What?” Bulkhead asked out of surprise. Was she really already willing to kiss him? After all, that was a major step in a relationship!

“A… a kiss. Like… Like this.” She looked Bulkhead deep into the eyes and slowly began inching closer and Bulkhead did the same.

Their lips met in the middle and thus they shared the first kiss of their blooming love. They held it for a long while, both savoring the moment, before departing again. Mystic’s face was bright-red by now, but Bulkhead didn’t mind one bit. He found that she looked even prettier like that.

In content silence, Mystic and Bulkhead returned to his hospital room. Mystic bid her farewell and soon left, leaving Bulkhead alone. He wasn’t sad that he was alone again, though. After all, he now had even more of a reason to look forward to her next visit…

Author's Note:

New chapterrrrrrrrr, YEAH!

And no new chapter next week......... yeah... the second dreaded week has come... welp, the chapter after that wll be fun, though, so look forward to that ^^

PreviousChapters Next