• Published 11th Dec 2019
  • 9,772 Views, 672 Comments

Equestria: The Afterlife - Timzocker201



What would you do, if you found yourself in an unknown location and couldn't move? That's the situation Markus finds himself in, after suffering a horrible fate.

  • ...
56
 672
 9,772

PreviousChapters Next
Bi-weekly Report to the Crown #3

The Gryphons gave us one week to prepare ourselves, during which I had Bulkhead place recon posts all over the forest so we would know quickly, which path the Gryphons chose.

They chose to attack from the forest to the north-west with an army that numbered at least six hundred. Their advance through the forest meant for them that they had to move in a tight formation, as they apparently chose to not fly, probably for risk of being detected.

I used the forest to my advantage and prepared an ambush along their chosen path. The ensuing battle couldn’t even be called a battle anymore, as the Gryphons didn’t have the chance to attack.

Our losses in this battle numbered none for my company and 2 Officers and General Pillbox over all.

General Pillbox and his two officers died in fulfilment of their duty. After the defeat a week prior, they finally saw reason and chose to re-formulate their plans while I would defend the citizens your royal highness has ordered us to protect.

Unfortunately, I have partially failed in my task, as a small group of Gryphons managed to slip by our sentries and attack the command post that was undefended at the time. Pillbox as well as his two officers were attacked by surprise, none of them having had a chance to draw their swords as their heads were smashed in from behind. The Gryphons then set fire to the command post, which only then made us notice what was happening there.

When I arrived at the scene, the post was burning brightly and I stormed inside only to find the lifeless bodies of the three brave ponies. With a heavy heart, I left their bodies in the flames and chose to save the remains of the momentarily more important tactical and strategical maps and plans that the Gryphons had left behind.

Despite our differences, General Pillbox was an honourable Stallion. His death shall be mourned and his legacy shall be carried forth into distant generations, for his family can truly be proud that a stallion like him has sprung forth from their ranks.

PreviousChapters Next