• Published 11th Dec 2019
  • 9,787 Views, 672 Comments

Equestria: The Afterlife - Timzocker201



What would you do, if you found yourself in an unknown location and couldn't move? That's the situation Markus finds himself in, after suffering a horrible fate.

  • ...
56
 672
 9,787

PreviousChapters Next
Bi-weekly Report to the Crown #4

The General was given a respectful parting ceremony as his corpse – or what was left of it – was taken back to Canterlot by cart. While he was transported back home, we made further advances into the enemy lines. The first step to that was the capture of the camp we had attempted on earlier – the last order of the General.

This time, however, there were far fewer Gryphons present, as we had slain all the others that had sallied out a few days prior. The rest was eliminated before they had time to respond and the camp was taken without casualties on our side.

The camp was thoroughly searched for valuable information, though none was found. What was found, however, were our four missing soldiers. Three of them were immediately ready for re-deployment, while the fourth, Private Lightning Rod, had been tortured for information. Apparently, the Gryphons were torturing him up until the day they sallied out. Even during our initial assault on the camp, he was already being tortured. According to his testimony, as well as the lack of a protocol, he held tight until we rescued him.

Due to heavy injury as well as possibly mental damage, I have sent him to a medical ward near Ponyville and I recommend an honourable discharge with a double Pension’s pay for his services to the crown.

After General Armor had taken direct command over our regiment, I’ve been given free hand in my operations for the most part. I used said freedom to make multiple smaller strikes along the front line in order to weaken the enemy for our other units to push through.

The enemy front lines collapsed partially, allowing us to make fast progress further northward. The City of Stalliongrad was retaken without a fight, as the enemy had chosen to abandon it.

However, said progress slowed drastically soon enough. The Gryphons had set up a retreat line along the Northern Stalliongrad Mountains, where they have set up defensive positions and light siege machinery, like ballistae. We have reached said line one day prior to writing this report and by the time I am writing this, we have made two attempts on breaking through, both of which ended in critical failure.

Total losses on our side: 1000+ lightly wounded, 58 heavily wounded, ~200 KIA
Losses in my company: 2 lightly wounded, 1 heavily wounded, 0 KIA

Enemy losses could not be determined.

Note: Due to our specialization on swift strikes, our company has not directly partaken in either of the attacks, instead giving fire support from further back. The three wounded were due to a stray ballista shot that hit close to our formation.

PreviousChapters Next