• Published 30th Nov 2019
  • 3,372 Views, 73 Comments

Worthy is the Lamb - Dinomite123



Sunset Shimmer has had enough of people turning against her, including her own friends. But then she meets a one true friend who has given peace, hope, and love. Sunset Shimmer will experience the love of God and will explore Jesus Christ's ministry.

  • ...
60
 73
 3,372

The Message/ Birth of a Messenger

Sunset Shimmer walked all the way through the town looking for someone to give her answers.

“Hello, does anyone know where I am?” She tried asking the people.

Until she saw a woman carrying a jar full of water, she was having a tough time carrying it, so Sunset decided to help her.

“Excuse me, ma’m. You want me to help you?” Sunset asked offering her a hand.

“Sure! Your such a kind girl.” The woman answered, accepting the offer.

Sunset helped carry her jar all the way to her house.

“Thank you, I really appreciate the help.” The woman thanked.

“No problem, So what city am I is this that I’m in anyway.” Sunset asked

“Where you are? Why, your in Nazareth. How can you not know where you are?” The woman answer and asked.

“I don’t know It’s just..I’m not from here. I’m from...Oh, you wouldn’t understand.” Sunset replied

“I would if you tell.”

“I’m just from some place where I get cursed.”

“What do you mean?” She asked

“It’s a long story, but I’ll talked about it later. Sunset mumbled “So anyway, what’s your name?”

“I’m Mary, daughter of Joachim.” She answered

“I’m Sunset Shimmer.”

“Daughter of...” Mary wait for answer.

“I’m alone.” Sunset said sadly.

“You poor thing must have no place to live, you can stay in my place.” Mary offered

“Thanks, all I needed was comfort and support.” Sunset thanked

“Now, wait right here. I’ll head to the pantry to get some spices so you can help me cook dinner.”

Mary went into her pantry to grab some spices. As she searched on her shelf, she felt something strange.

“Mary” A voice called

Mary was confused.

“Who’s there?”

“Mary”

A sparkling light appeared in front of her, and an angel appeared to her with garments whit as snow.

“Greetings, you who are highly favoured! The Lord is with you.” The angel said

Mary was speechless, she wondered what kind of message this is.

“Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favour with God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end.”

Mary was confused, she is still a virgin and only engaged with someone she loved.

“How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”

The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be barren is in her sixth month. For nothing is impossible with God.”

“I am the Lord's servant,” Mary answered. “May it be to me as you have said.” Then the angel left her.

Mary ran out of the pantry to tell Sunset Shimmer about what just happened.

“Sunset Shimmer! Sunset Shimmer!” Mary called. “You’ll never believe what just happened!”’

“What is it?”

“An angel appeared fight in front of me, in front of my eyes! His name was Gabriel, and he told me that the messiah will soon be born!”

“Messiah?” Sunset asked in confusion.

“You don’t know? The scriptures say that the a savior would soon be born to save us from suffering.” Mary reasoned.

Sunset thought about what she said, and she thought that, that kind of savior would help her with her problem.

“He also told me that my cousin, Elizabeth will give birth to a son too. And yet she is in her old age.”

“How can a female give birth on her old age?” Sunset asked.

“I don’t know, but it is God’s way for whenever they are ready to give birth.” Mary said. “Oh we must visit Elizabeth, she will be thrilled to hear this kind of news.”

So they rushed all the way to Mary’s cousin’s house. At last they arrived, Mary knocked on the door and a man opened the door.

“Hello?”

“Hello, I’m Mary, Elizabeth’s cousin.”

“Ah, Yes. I’ve heard about you, your cousin’s on her bed. She’s about give birth soon.” The man allowed the two in, as Mary saw her cousin sitting on her bed, praying.

“Elizabeth!”

“Mary!”

Mary ran to hug her cousin, Elizabeth.

“It’s so delightful to see you, my cousin.” Elizabeth said. “And who is this girl with you?”

“Oh, this is Sunset Shimmer. She help me with my Arons. Sunset Shimmer, I like you to meet my old cousin, Elizabeth.”

“It’s nice to meet you.” Sunset greeted.

“Oh Mary, I’m going to have a baby.”

“I know, an angel came to me and told me.”

“An angel? It was angel that cam to Zechariah in the temple.” Elizabeth said. “But Mary, why would an angel come to tell you? And why did my child leap into my womb when you approached?”

“Because I’m to bear a child too.” Mary answered. “The child growing in my womb is the son of god.”

“The Messiah!” Elizabeth gasped. “Oh Mary, how God trust’s us! That such great souls as these should come from our bodies. To be nursed at our breasts, and to be taught their first baby words.”

“But how can you give birth?” Sunset asked “I mean, you like fifty years old.”

“God always gives us a gift, even though it takes us many years. He will always promise us children.” Elizabeth answered. “Do you remember the story about Abraham?”

“Uh, no.”

“Let me tell you about it.”


The Lord came to Abraham and told him that his wife, Sarah, was to bear a child at her old age. But Sarah laughed as she heard the news, because Abraham was one hundred and she was ninety. But the Lord’s proisme was kept, Sarah finally gave birth to a son, and they named him, Issac, which means laughter.

Years later, when he was grown, God told Abraham to offer Issac as a sacrifice. Abraham was confused, but he still trusted God. So him and Isaac when up to the mountains of Moriah. They built an altar made from stones and and branch. He didn’t tell Isaac that he was the sacrifice, so he tided him up and laid him on the altar and told him to sleep. And just as he raised his knife, a voice called saying, “Do not lay a hand on the boy, Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son.” So they sacrificed a ram instead.


“And Isaac lived and married a woman named Rebecca, who gave birth to two twin boys, Jacob and Esau. But that’s another story.” Elizabeth finished.

“That must’ve been something unpersonal that God would do.” Sunset answered

“Tell no one about this.” Mary ordered Elizabeth

“I will tell Zechariah. But no one every heard information about our child from him.”

“Why not?”

“He doubted when the angel came to him, so he was stroked dumb, and he will stay that way until our son is born.” Elizabeth explained. “Our son is to be named, John.”

“And mine will be...Jesus.” Mary said.

“Jesus! Deliver! He will come to deliver us.” Elizabeth rejoiced as the two cousins hugged in joy and Sunset giggled as she saw the two cousins rejoice.

Days after, Elizabeth’s baby was finally born. She held him in her hands as he squirmed. The people who are Elizabeth’s family came to see the baby boy.

“Oh, look at him. He looks just like his father.”

“Hello little Zechariah.”

“Actually, he is name shall be called, John.” Elizabeth corrected

“But not one of your relatives is called by this name.” One of people said.

They decided to ask Zechariah who cannot speak, what should he name his child.

“Zechariah, what will you call your child?”

He took a tablet and wrote his son’s name.

“His name is John.”

They people were shocked, Zechariah finally spoke.

“I can speak! I can speak! Praise be to the Lord!”

Zechariah looked at the baby, picked him up and gave thanks to God, saying these word.

“Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel,
because he has come to his people and redeemed them.
He has raised up a horn of salvation for us
in the house of his servant David
(as he said through his holy prophets of long ago),
salvation from our enemies and from the hand of all who hate us—to show mercy to our ancestors
and to remember his holy covenant,
the oath he swore to our father Abraham:
to rescue us from the hand of our enemies,
and to enable us to serve him without fear
in holiness and righteousness before him all our days.
And you, my child, will be called a prophet of the Most High;
for you will go on before the Lord to prepare the way for him,
to give his people the knowledge of salvation
through the forgiveness of their sins,
because of the tender mercy of our God,
by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven
to shine on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death,
to guide our feet into the path of peace.”
And the child grew and became strong in spirit and he lived in the wilderness until he appeared publicly to Israel.”

“Is it okay is I hold him, please?” Sunset Shimmer asked

“You are most welcome to.” Elizabeth said as Zechariah gave John to her for her to hold.

Sunset looked at John in his cute little eyes, she softly rocked him and looked at him with sparkling eyes.

“Mary, when is your baby gonna be born?” She asked

“I don’t know but it will be happening soon.” Mary answered. “Oh, what am I going to tell Joseph?”

“Who’s Joseph?”

“The man that I’ve been betrothed days ago. I don’t how he will feel when he hears this kind of news.”

“Oh, Mary, I’m sure he’ll just rejoice that the Messiah will be born.” Elizabeth said.

“But I’m not married to him yet. and what if he doesn’t believe me if I tell him?” Mary asked, sounding worried.

“You still love him, there’s no need to be afraid. Have faith, Gabriel gave you the message, you’ll know exactly what to do.”

Soon, things will be right, she will be married to the man he loves and will give birth to the one who is the savior of the world, and who is the perfect gift ever.

Author's Note:

Comfort, comfort my people,

says your God.

Speak tenderly to Jerusalem,

and proclaim to her

that her hard service has been completed,

that her sin has been paid for,

that she has received from the LORD's hand

double for all her sins.

A voice of one calling:

"In the desert prepare

the way for the LORD;

make straight in the wilderness

a highway for our God.

Every valley shall be raised up,

every mountain and hill made low;

the rough ground shall become level,

the rugged places a plain.

And the glory of the LORD will be revealed,

and all mankind together will see it.

For the mouth of the LORD has spoken."

. . . say to the towns of Judah,

"Here is your God!"

Isaiah 40:9