• Published 30th Nov 2019
  • 3,372 Views, 73 Comments

Worthy is the Lamb - Dinomite123



Sunset Shimmer has had enough of people turning against her, including her own friends. But then she meets a one true friend who has given peace, hope, and love. Sunset Shimmer will experience the love of God and will explore Jesus Christ's ministry.

  • ...
60
 73
 3,372

Joy to the World

After the birth of a baby boy, John, Mary and Sunset Shimmer went to a workshop which belong to a man who she was engaged.

“Are you sure about this, Mary?” Sunset asked

“I’m sure of it. I don't know how he will react, but we will have to give it a try.” Mary said

They walked in the workshop, seeing a man building a wooden screen. That is the man to who Mary was engaged.

“Joseph!” She called.

“Mary! I didn’t hear you coming.” The man said

“I’m sorry if I’m interrupting your work.”

“Oh no, I’m just finish working on the screen for the synagog. And who are you?”

“I’m Sunset Shimmer.”

“Sunset Shimmer, I like you to meet Joseph,”

“It’s pleasure meeting you.” Joseph smiled

“Oh, Joseph, you know how much I love you more than ever.”

“Of course, Mary, you know how much I love. And no matter what happens, you’ll always stay in my heart.”

Mary wasn’t even afraid to tell Joseph that she was pregnant.

“Joseph, there’s something you must know. I don’t know you will believe me or not, but...”

“Mary, you know you can tell me anything.” Joseph said. “Like I said, no matter what happens you’ll always stay in my heart.”

Mary took a deep breath.

“Joseph...I’m to bear a child.” Mary spoke.

Joseph was shocked to hear this kind of news. He was planning a wedding for her and him, but since Mary is already pregnant he didn’t know what to say.

“I...I...what do you mean?” He asked.

“An angel came to me and told me I am to give to the messiah.”

Joseph was speechless, all he can think of was the impossibility of Mary’s pregnancy.

“The...Messiah? are you sure?” He asked.

“Of course I’m sure.” Mary said

“What about me?”

“Um..I can’t be sure of it. But he did say his name.”

“Mary...this all too much to take in right now.” Joseph said. “I just need time to think things through.”

He stepped into his workshop, looking worried.

“You think he’s upset?” Sunset Shimmer asked.

“I don’t know. I think he’s just too shocked right now.” Mary answered.

Later that night, Joseph was fast asleep, until he suddenly had a dream of an angel visiting.

“Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.” The angel told him.

Joseph then woke up and realized that Mary was telling the truth. She really was giving birth to a savior.

The next day, Sunset was helping Mary get water from a well.

“Has Joseph ever talked to you yet?” Sunset asked

“No, he hasn’t said a word to me since yesterday.” Mary answered

They heard Joseph rushing towards them.

“Mary! Mary!” Joseph called. “You were right. An angel came to me in a dream, he told me everything.”

Mary and Joseph stood to each other. Could their love ever end for doubting?

“Mary, forgive me if I ever doubted you. You still love me don’t you? I want to be with you forever, I want to help you and protect you. Please, forgive me.”

Mary hugged Joseph.

“Oh, Joseph, you maybe stubborn or hard-headed as you work. But I could never stop loving you.” Mary said.

“I can’t believe God’s allowing us to be husband and wife.”

“And he will bless us and our child.”

“And I will treat him as my own son and will teach him to be a carpenter when he grows old.”

Both of them hugged.

“So, what are you both gonna do now?” Sunset asked.

“Gather your things, we have a long journey ahead of us.” Joseph answered.

“Where are we going?” Mary asked.

“To Bethlehem.”

They packed their stuff, settled it on a donkey. Because Mary was pregnant, she sat on the its back while Joseph carries to with rope. Sunset Shimmer came along with them.

It took about five days and 65 miles for them to get there. Finally at the south, they were almost there.

“Hey, Mary, I need to ask you something.” Sunset said. “What is this messiah that you and Joesph been talking about?”

“Well, you see it’s...” Mary was cut off when she felt a little pain in her stomach.

“Mary, what’s wrong?” Joseph asked, sounding worried.

“Joseph, how much longer do we have to travel? I think maybe the baby...”

“Don’t worry, my beloved. We are almost there. Look!” Joseph pointed the a town meters away, Bethlehem.

Later, they look all over the crowded area, finding someplace to stay and where Mary can give birth.

“Excuse me, where can I find an inn?” Joesph asked a citizen.

The citizen pointed out to an inn close by a well. As they arrived, the inn was completely filled up.

“Excuse me, I needed a room to stay in.” Joseph begged

“I’m sorry, but we are completely filled up.” The inn keeper said.

“Please, my wife is about to give birth any time soon. There must be something you can do for us.”

The inn keeper sighed. “Well, I may not have room for you couple. But I do have a stable for you all. Would you mind a stable?”

“I guess it’s worth a try.” Joseph said

The inn keeper lead them to his stable, which happens to be a cave that had hay, cows, sheep, horses, and donkey’s.

“Is this all you have?”

“There are many travelers on the road. My inn is completely full, this is the best I have.” The inn keeper said.

“This shall do.”

Sunset helped Mary off the donkey and led her to find something as a bed. She laid down on the pile of hay, while Sunset laid down the stuff carried on the donkey.

“Thank you, thank you so much.” Joseph thanked the inn keeper.

“Now let me go get my wife. She’ll know exactly what to do.” The inn keeper went to get his wife.

“Mary, I’m sorry. This is the best I can do.”

“No need to apologize, this is perfect.” Mary said.

“Mary, I need to ask this.” Sunset said. “What is this “Messiah”?

“Oh, Sunset, the Messiah is the savior that prophets have prophesied in the scriptures. They say he is the true living king and will come to bring peace and hop to this world.” Mary explained.

“Will he ever solve my problems?” Sunset asked.

“Maybe. What problems do you have?”

“Well, back where the place I live, I use to be a horrible person. Until these girls who became my friends changed me and help me learn the true path of friendship.” A few tears ran through Sunset’s eyes. “But until a few times they turned against me, even everyone I know turned against me because of old me. They used me. They used me as a punishment of something I didn’t deserve. They never cared about me, they were never my friends, Nobody wanted me.”

“Oh, Sunset Shimmer, I’m sure what your saying isn’t true.” Mary comforted. “You know you don’t deserve cruelty or pain.”

“No, but they do. They deserve pain for everything they’ve done to me.”

“Sunset, please don’t your hate enter your heart. Like in the story of Cain and Abel.”

“Where is she? What are you thinking putting a woman in our stable with this condition?” A voice of a woman called out, who happens to be the inn keepers wife. She went over to help, Mary.

“Now, darling, you must not be so sensitive.”

“Is there anything I can do to help?” Sunset asked.

“In fact, yes. Go draw some water from the well and get some fruit for her to ease her pain.” The woman ordered.

Sunset did as she’s ordered and went out of the stable to the well.

“What do you think it will be? A boy or a girl?”

“It’s a boy.”

“Oh, confident aren’t we.”

“His name will be Jesus.”

“We’ll do our best to help you.”

Meanwhile outside the stable, Sunset was pulling the rope of the bucket of water to get the bucket out of the well.

“Want me to help you.” The inn keeper asked.

“Sure.”

They both pulled the top together. At last they got the bucket out.

“Now, I got a basket of fruit with me. I overheard my wife saying the woman needs fruit.”

As Sunset scooped some water out of the bucket, she noticed a bright light at the other side of a hill close to the town. She didn’t know where it was coming from, it didn’t even look like a fire light either.

Meanwhile, on that hill close to Bethlehem, reveals what the Shining light really was. It was an angel appearing in front of shepherds.

“Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” The angel said

Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favour rests.”

The shepherds were shocked and filled with joy hear this kind of news.

“A Savior...finally born.”

“A child...in a manger.”

“We must hurry and find the child.”

They rushed to find the manger where the child is in.

Meanwhile, back at the manger, Sunset was shocked to see a crowd of angels from 2 miles.

“I must be hallucinating.” Sunset thought. “Were those real angels?”

“Oh my dear, get inside. The child has been born.” The inn keeper called.

Sunset and The inn keeper hurried into the cave to see Mary holding her new born child, wrapped in linen clothes.

“Glad you could make it. Come see the child.” The inn keepers Wife said.

Sunset looked closely at the newborn baby.

“He looks beautiful.” Sunset said

“He is, he will bring joy and hope to this world.” Mary said.

The whole group looked at the baby as if he was bright shining star. Suddenly, they heard someone coming in the manger. They were afraid like if might be roman guards were here to arrest them, but it turns out it was just shepherds. The same shepherds that were visited by the angel.

“It’s okay, there’s no need to be afraid. We came to see the child.” One of the shepherds said.

“But how did you know?” Joseph asked.

“An angel appeared to us and told that the child, the “messiah” would be here.”

“It’s okay, Joseph, let them come in.” Mary said.

They entered to see the baby that Mary was holding. They kneeled down, adored the child and worshipped him.

“It is true, we are now truly in the presence of the king of kings.”

“Joy and Hope has finally come.”

“Everyone must rejoice for this wonderful news.”

“What’s his name?” One the shepherds asked.

“Jesus, his name is Jesus.” Mary answered.

Later, they went out onto the streets of Bethlehem to shout out the good new to all the people.

“Rejoice! For the savior has been born!”

“People of Bethlehem, rejoice! He has come!”

“The Messiah has been born, lying in a manger!”

The people of town rejoiced and celebrated, but some would not listen.

Meanwhile in the manger, Sunset Shimmer looked at the baby and felt something that she never felt before.

“Mary, is it okay if I hold him?” She asked.

“You most currently can, Sunset.” Mary granted as she gave Jesus to Sunset to hold.

She held him tight in her arms and close to her chest. Sunset looked at him with wonder in her eyes.

“Hello, Jesus.” Sunset whispered to him.

Then little baby Jesus slowly started smiling at her with a look of love and happiness. Sunset’s eyes began to sparkle as she felt what she felt when she looked at Jesus. She felt Joy, Hope, Grace, and even Salvation. Sunset began to rock him back and forth as if he were her child to hold.

“You like me don’t you.”

“He doesn’t like you, he “loves” you.” A voice then said.

“Who said that?”

“Sunset Shimmer, you are holding, Jesus. Jesus is powerful like a Lion. But made himself venerable as a baby. He come into the world to take on our hurt, sorrow, pain, and fear so that you won’t have to. He is Emmanuel, which means God with us. You are drawn to Jesus.”

Sunset wanted to believe all those words, but there something else she must know.

“Like in the book of John, chapter 1, verse 14. “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”

As Sunset held Jesus, she noticed that she was surrounded on an unfamiliar hill. She looked around and then saw a man hanged on a wooden cross. Nails were driven into his hand and feet, he was all bruised, bleeding and beaten. Twiggy batches use as a crown was around his head and sign was on the top of him. The unfamiliar man looked at Sunset as blood started flowing towards her.

“I did this all...for you.” the man weakly said.

Tears started streaming Sunset’s eyes, watching a man that beaten being hanged like that on wood.

“Sunset Shimmer!”

Sunset vision stopped and back into reality in the manger.

“I must have Jesus now, he needs his rest.” Mary said.

“Sure, thanks for letting me hold him.” Sunset said.

“Your welcome.”

Sunset gave Jesus back to Mary.

“It’s time to move on the next adventure, Sunset Shimmer.” The voice said as everything went black.

“Where to now?” Sunset asked.

“There something else in the story you should know.”

There showed the presence of three wise men.

“Three Magi saw a bright star which leads to Jerusalem. They heard about the scriptures of the Messiah and had a feeling that the star was the sign of the coming of the king. So the Magi head to Jerusalem to receive answers fro King Herod and asked, 'Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him.”

The voice continued on.

“When King Herod heard this he was disturbed, and all Jerusalem with him. When he had called together all the people's chief priests and teachers of the law, he asked them where the Christ was to be born. 'In Bethlehem in Judea,' they replied, 'for this is what the prophet has written: "'But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are by no means least among the rulers of Judah; for out of you will come a ruler who will be the shepherd of my people Israel.'" Then Herod called the Magi secretly and found out from them the exact time the star had appeared. He sent them to Bethlehem and said, 'Go and make a careful search for the child. As soon as you find him, report to me, so that I too may go and worship him.”

“After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen in the east went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. When they saw the star, they were overjoyed.”

“On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh. And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route.”

“Why didn’t they return to him?” Sunset asked.

“You are about to find out.” The voice said as he continued on.

“When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. 'Get up,' he said, 'take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.”

“So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: 'Out of Egypt I called my son.”

“When Herod realized that he had been outwitted by the Magi, he was furious, and he gave orders to kill all the boys in Bethlehem and its vicinity who were two years old and under.”

“Why would give that kind of order to kill children?” Sunset asked, frightened.

“He was evil, he didn’t want anyone to rule over him.” The voice answered. “But after a few years, Herod died. “After Herod died, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt and said, 'Get up, take the child and his mother and go to the land of Israel, for those who were trying to take the child's life are dead.”

“So he got up, took the child and his mother and went to the land of Israel. But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning in Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. Having been warned in a dream, he withdrew to the district of Galilee, and he went and lived in a town called Nazareth. So was fulfilled what was said through the prophets: 'He will be called a Nazarene.”

Then suddenly, Sunset found herself in the same town that she appeared in.

“Great, now what?” She asked herself. “Guess I’m gonna have to search for more directions again.”

She as she wandered off to find Mary’s house. But she isn’t aware of who’s she’s about to meet.

Author's Note:

For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of His government and peace
There will be no end,
Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,
To order it and establish it with judgment and justice
From that time forward, even forever.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Isaiah 9:6-7


Hey, Guys. Sorry I haven’t published any chapters for a while. I was on a long break from Fimfiction, but no need to worry. I’m back and I’ll right back to publishing more chapters.