• Published 30th Nov 2019
  • 3,372 Views, 73 Comments

Worthy is the Lamb - Dinomite123



Sunset Shimmer has had enough of people turning against her, including her own friends. But then she meets a one true friend who has given peace, hope, and love. Sunset Shimmer will experience the love of God and will explore Jesus Christ's ministry.

  • ...
60
 73
 3,372

John the Baptist

Sunset Shimmer and Jesus walk through out the trail to the Jordan river. Sunset wondered about Jesus and what his mission is about saving people from pain.

“Hey, Jesus. Can I ask you something?” She asked.

“Of course.” Jesus replied.

“Are you some prophet that’s gonna spread love around this world or something?”

“I won’t be just a prophet, I will be a deliver. A deliver to turn suffering into peace.”

“What does that mean?”

“It’s means I have come on earth to restore everything my father once demanded.”

They were getting close to the Jordan river.

“So, you have a cousin, right?” Sunset asked another question.

“Yes, he was born days before I was. And was given a gift to bring a message to people throughout the countries.” Jesus said.

“Something tells me that this whole “salvation” thing is gonna get weirder than ever.”

“Don’t worry, you will understand soon. You’ll see.”

Meanwhile, at the Jordan river, their was a man clothed with camel’s hair and a leather belt around his waist. He was leading people into the river to be plunged which is baptism. And his name is John.

"Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.”

People came close to the water to be baptized. As John dipped a few people in, some pharisee’s who are religious leaders of the temple of mount.

“Do it your way, Prophet. But we follow the laws of Moses and we keep it to our kind.” One of them said.

Then John turned to them and scolded them.

“You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?” He pointed. “Bear fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not think you can say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham.
Even now the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Every tree therefore that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor and gather his wheat into the barn, but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire.”

The Pharisees were confused.

“Tell us, are you the Christ? The Messiah?”

"I am not the Messiah." John answered.

““Then why are you baptizing, if you are neither the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?” They asked

““I baptize with water, but among you stands one you do not know, He is the one who comes after me, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie."

The he turned around to see the man coming towards him, who is non other then, Jesus.

“Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!”

Jesus stepped right into the water, leaving Sunset Shimmer to wait on the edge.

“I have come to be baptized by you.” Jesus said.

John didn’t understand.

“You come to me, Jesus? No, I’m the one who should be baptized by you.” He said

“It is the right thing to do what God always requires. Yet, it is God’s will that must be carried on, not ours.”

John took Jesus aside and dipped him into the water and right back up. Suddenly, a shining light from the sky flashed out with a dove flying by. Then a voice called out...

“This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.”

Everyone was shocked to hear that voice coming from the sky, especially Sunset Shimmer. After his baptism, Jesus and John had a walk together on the trial. Sunset caught up to them, she wanted to know if John knew answers of her problems and depression.

“Hey, Jesus! Is it okay if I talk to John for a minute?” She asked.

“Of course, I have a lot of thinking to do.” Jesus replied.

Sunset and John went aside and walked a little through the trail.

“So, your Jesus’ little friend, aren’t you?” John asked.

“Well, I’m taking time to know him.” Sunset answered. “So, um...when you were dipping those people in the water, what were you doing it for?”

“Baptism is an act of obedience symbolizing faith. I’ve been sent on this journey to preach the words of the coming of salvation.”

“Is salvation even bigger than what other people tired to help with?” Sunset asked, thinking about her problems.

“It could be, but with God nothing is impossible.” John answered.

“I have problems of my own.”

“And what are they?”

“I was once a horrible person, but I’ve changed. And people have given me a second chance, I even had friends. But three times because of the past, they keep turning against me. And this was the final straw.” Sunset replied.

“I see, I completely understand how tough that can be. But the Lord has brought the Lamb to bring comfort in this world.” John advised.

“Is that who Jesus is? Is he what he keeps saying who he is yesterday and all morning?”

“Oh, the messiah is not just a prophet. He is the son of god.”

“John!” Jesus called.

“I must have a word with Jesus.” John ran up to him to encounter him one last time.

“It’s time I start my journey alone.” Jesus said.

“How long it going to take you?” John asked.

“40 Days. This may not be an easy task, but it’s my fathers will that I must experience enough courage for what’s to come.”

“You will provide for others soon. Just know it.”

Jesus and John hugged each other goodbye.

“So long, Cousin.” John said. “You will bring hope to the people who will attend you.”

“They will.” Jesus said. “And they will follow my teachings.”

The two cousins waved goodbye to each other. Sunset followed Jesus through the trail. When they reach the edge which leads to the Judaean Desert, they stopped.

“So, Jesus, where are we going?” Sunset asked.

“Sunset Shimmer, where I am going...you can not come with me.” Jesus replied.

“What? Why?”

“Because this is a journey I must take alone. I must go into the wilderness to be tempted by Satan. And you cannot stand into this in the desert. I must continue my father’s doing.”

“You mean God, right?”

“Yes.”

“Will I ever see you again” Sunset wondered.

“We will see each other again. I promise you.” Jesus said.

Jesus looked at her one last time and turned around and began his journey to the wilderness. Sunset stood there and watched Jesus disappear in the mist. Sunset walked through the plains and found a rock to sit on as she sat on it.

“You better promise it. I want to know you.” Sunset said to herself. “I want you to help you, I want you...to be my friend.

Author's Note:

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

If you want to know what happens when Jesus goes into the wilderness, watch this video.