• Published 30th Nov 2019
  • 3,372 Views, 73 Comments

Worthy is the Lamb - Dinomite123



Sunset Shimmer has had enough of people turning against her, including her own friends. But then she meets a one true friend who has given peace, hope, and love. Sunset Shimmer will experience the love of God and will explore Jesus Christ's ministry.

  • ...
60
 73
 3,372

Meeting the Carpenter

Sunset Shimmer walked through the streets of Nazareth. She wanted to find the house Mary lived in. She then turned to see a man with long brown hair and short beard building something out of wood.

“Excuse me, Sir. Do you know a woman named Mary?” She asked.

The man turned to Sunset with a smile.

“Are you talking about my mother?” The man asked.

“Maybe. When exactly were you given birth?”

“30 years ago in a manger.”

Sunset thought about what he just said. Could that man be the baby she held in her arms? But Sunset decided to keep it cool and not say anything about it.

“So, what are you working on?” She asked.

“I’m building a table, it’s worth selling for in the workshop.” The man said. “Would you like to help?”

“Well...I don’t see why not.”

Sunset came over and looked at the tool stack.

“What tools should I use?”

“Why don’t you take that mallet. I can teach you how to pierce the wood with that chisel.” The man said.

Sunset picked up the mallet and the chisel.

“Wait I didn't get your name.” Sunset said

“It’s Jesus.”

Sunset froze there, she realized that was transferred to 30 years later after the baby’s birth that she experienced. But she snapped out of it.

“Oh um...I’m Sunset Shimmer.”

They worked together with the pieces of wood. They glued together all of them and formed it into a table.

“This table should be successful.” Jesus said as he placed a jar full of water on complete table to test it’s weight.

“Jesus!” Called the voice of a woman who entered the work area.

“I fixed supper, are you hungry?” She asked.

“Yes, I am.”

“And who is this girl you?”

“This is Sunset Shimmer, Mother.” Jesus said. “She appeared and I offered for her to help me out with this table.”

“Um...Hello.” Sunset nervously said.

“There’s no need to be nervous, dear.” The woman said. “You are most welcome to help my son with his hard carpeting work. I’m Mary by the way.”

She looked at the table.

“This is a tall table. It should be worth for a rich man to buy this thing.”

“The rich person would prefer to eat sitting up instead of sitting down.” Jesus laughed

Mary did the same thing Jesus did, test out the weight of the table.

“This will never catch on.” She said. “Now, take of that dirty apron before you come inside. And wash your hands.”

Jesus took off his apron and let his mother pour water onto his hands.

Inside the house, Mary fixed up some stew with bread loafs. He served the bowls and plates to Jesus and Sunset.

“Thanks. I needed to eat anyway.” Sunset said.

“Why, you're welcome.” Mary said. “Anyway Jesus, you’ve been working by helping the people with building the new synagogue. What did you say?”

“Well, I said I had other work.” Jesus said.

“Your father’s work?”

“Yes.”

“You’ve said that before once a long time ago.” Mary said.

“You still remember don’t you?” Jesus asked.

“I remember everything.”

“Who exactly was your father?” Sunset asked.

“His name was Joseph, he was carpenter before my son. He trained him into carpeting for years until he died in some illness.”

“Whoa, I’m sorry.”

“Thanks for your support.”

“But he was my earthly father.” Jesus told Sunset. “My real father is my Heavenly Father.”

“Okay, but kind of work does he want you to do?” Sunset asked again.

“I’m hear to preach his word. Some people may see me as a prophet, but they will soon see me as what I’m meant to be.”

“All these things about you saying words of those prophecies remind of that time all those years ago.” Mary said as she began her story with a flashback.

“You, Me, and your father traveled all the way down to Jerusalem for the passover. And then the crowds were back. After the celebration we left the city for home. But then we realized you weren’t with us, I started to get really worried. We searched all over Jerusalem for three days and nights. At last, we arrived at the temple and there you were. With teachers of the synagogue.

“Son, why have you done this to us? Your father and I were very worried.”

“We were you searching for me? Shouldn’t you know I’ve been doing my father’s business?”

As the flashback ended, Mary said this...

“Those words you’ve said always wondered me. So, I stayed awake for so many night wondering what your future be like.”

“When did this happen again?” Sunset asked.

“When Jesus was twelve years old.” Mary answered. “Jesus, when will you be leaving?”

“At first light.” Jesus answered. “First I must go see my cousin, John, to be baptized by him. He has prepared many for the day of regeneration.”

“Will you ever come back to see me?”

“Of course, Mother. You know I would never leave you, But you must stay strong. Things will come upon me that will not be easy for you.”

Mary began to feel great pain in her soul.

“The angel Gabriel told me that I would experience great sorrow. And now this day has finally come.” Mary said, feeling sad.

“Mother, you will experience pain, but you will see it become joy.” Jesus said.

“Let’s not talk about that right now and just finish supper. I’ve said enough about sorrow.”

Sunset felt bad for Mary and wondered what Jesus would do tomorrow that would make her that sorrowful. Later that night, Sunset was tucked into bed.

“Thanks for letting me stay in your home tonight, Mary.” She yawned.

“Your are certainly welcome to stay anytime, Sunset Shimmer.” Mary said. “Now you must get some rest now. It will another bright day tomorrow ”

“Okay, good night,”

Sunset fell asleep. Mary then turned to his Son, Jesus, who was fast asleep too. She felt even more sorrow because of the feeling that will be leaving in the morning.

The next morning, Jesus was packed and was ready to leave this hometown.

“I guess this is time to say goodbye for now.” Mary said.

“Stay strong, Mother, this is the task my father has given me.” Jesus comforted.

“Wait! Can I come with you?” Sunset asked.

“I’m sorry, Sunset, this is my son’s journey too...”

“No, Mother, it’s okay. She is welcome to join me.”

Sunset cheered quietly. Jesus gave his mother a hug and know that one day he will see her again.

“I will miss you my son.” Mary said, tears forming her eyes.

“We will see each other again, Mother. I promise.”

Then Jesus and Sunset began to walk the trail, leaving Mary feeling sorrow with tears in her eyes.

“I have extreme hopes that I would see my son’s face again one day.” She thought as she cried as she watch her son leave.

And the person who Sunset is about to meet, would help her experience enough salvation for her to understand.