• Published 27th Nov 2019
  • 4,500 Views, 416 Comments

Domestic Drabbles of Discord's Dimension - GeekCat



The domestic life of Fluttershy and Discord...who knows what could happen?

  • ...
12
 416
 4,500

PreviousChapters Next
I'm Fluffy for You

The train whistled as it pulled into the station. Fluttershy was pressed up against the window, and as soon as the train stopped, she pulled away with a wide grin on her face.

"We're here!" she said happily. Discord chuckled at the sheer enthusiasm on her face.

"And I'm guessing you're just dying to start searching, aren't you?" he said, floating their suitcases above his head and reaching down to wrap a baby blue scarf around her neck.

She giggled, practically skipping past him down the train car. "Well, yes," she said. "I just can't believe there's a subspecies of winterchilla in Yakyakistan!"

Discord wrapped a scarf around his neck, snapping his fingers and creating fluffy white boots on Fluttershy's hooves. "Well, no point in wasting time. We'll drop these off at the inn and start hitting the pavement." He jumped off of the train behind Fluttershy.

She paused, looking up at the sky. "Oh...the sun is setting, though," she said, pointing at the horizon. "I'm not sure it's a good idea to look for the winterchilla when they're in their larger form...they tend to be more aggressive then."

He grumbled, juggling the suitcases in his magic. "I knew I should have teleported us here," he said. "Why did we have to take the train again?"

"Didn't you want to try the new cafe they installed on the train?" she said, glancing at him. Her voice took on a teasing tone as she continued, "I remember you spent a lot of time in that car...they had first-rate hot chocolate, you said?"

"And cinnamon rolls," he said. "Five stars for everything they served there." He licked his lips. "If only I didn't have to ride a boring train to figure out what it tasted like."

She giggled. "Well, it's not much trouble. We can start our search in the morning, after a good night's sleep." She started walking through the snow, Discord following close behind her.

They trudged into the simple inn. "Excuse me," Fluttershy said to the yak inside. "We sent a letter to make a reservation? Mr. and Mrs. Chaos." She pulled out the letter she had gotten back from them.

The yak blinked. "Oh, yes," she said. "Your room is down there, the first one on the right." Fluttershy nodded and walked in that direction. "Bundle up! It's supposed to be chilly tonight," she said as they walked past.

Fluttershy pushed past the curtain and entered the room. It was small and quite simple, with only a thick carpet on the floor, a bed just big enough for the both of them, and a window on the far wall.

Discord dropped the suitcases in a pile by the doorway, looking around the room and clicking his tongue. He snapped his fingers and replaced the curtain with a soundproof door, then snapped again to replace the thin green curtains on the window with thick plaid ones.

He yawned and stretched. "Well, I think that train ride was boring enough to almost put me to sleep," he said. "I'm going to take a bath. What would you like for dinner?"

"A salad sounds nice," Fluttershy said. "Oh, and could I have the cinnamon roll and hot chocolate you tried on the train?"

He nodded and snapped his fingers, and a small table appeared with the meal she wanted on top of it. Another snap, and a comfortable chair appeared next to it.

"What about your dinner?" she said, taking a seat in the chair.

He shrugged. "Oh, I ate plenty on the train. Plus, there's nothing stopping me from eating in the tub, is there?" he said. She giggled.

He strode into the bathroom, twisting his head to look around. Small shower, small toilet, curtain for a door. With a roll of his eyes, he snapped his fingers, creating a golden bathtub filled with boiling water and bubbles.

He sighed, sinking into the boiling water and snapping up a lavender soap bar and cinnamon roll. He took a large bite out of the cinnamon roll and breathed in the scent of the bubblegum bubble bath, closing his eyes.


By the time Discord got out of his hot bath, the wind outside was howling loudly, and the room was freezing. Fluttershy was trying her best to keep the curtains closed, but wind crept through some invisible cracks in the windows and pushed them away.

Discord snapped his fingers, and a pair of red shutters appeared between the window and curtains, slamming shut. Fluttershy jumped and turned around. "Discord!" she said.

"Sorry for startling you," he said, patting her on the head. "Fighting the wind, are we?" The wind howled again, and the room seemed to grow colder. He and Fluttershy both shivered.

"How are we expected to sleep when the room is so cold?" Discord huffed, snapping his fingers and making a brick fireplace on the wall opposite their bed. With another snap, a roaring fire flared up inside, warming the room up just the tiniest bit.

"Well...yaks have thick fur," Fluttershy said. "They can probably handle cold like this a bit better than we can. That might be why they didn't think tonight would be so bad."

"I guess," Discord mumbled, holding a digital thermometer into the air. It beeped, and the small screen flashed blue before lighting up with text: 'Too Cold to Sleep'.

He grunted and crunched angrily down on the thermometer, devouring it in three bites. "I don't know about you, but I'd like to get some comfortable sleep tonight," he said. "So how can we deal with this cold?"

"M-m-maybe more blankets?" Fluttershy said, her teeth chattering as another gust of wind blew.

Discord snapped, and several layers of thick quilts appeared on the bed. A lightbulb appeared above his head, and he twisted his paw in the air, the room heating up as he did so.

He stopped and let his paw drop to his side once he had brought the room to a comfortable temperature. Fluttershy sighed in relief, laying down on the bed and crawling under the covers. "Thank you, Discord," she said.

He smiled and slithered under the covers, cuddling close to her. "With that taken care of, we can get a good night's sleep," he said. She nodded and kissed him on the lips before laying her head down on the pillow and closing her eyes.


The wind howled, and Discord's eyes snapped open as a wave of cold passed over him.

He lifted his head, peering around the room. He shivered, as the room was maybe even colder now. The fire in the fireplace had died down a little, so he snapped his fingers and created another log in the middle of it.

"D-Discord?" Fluttershy said. "I t-thought you heated up the room..."

"It got cold again," he said, twisting his paw and adjusting the temperature back. "The heat must have...seeped out, I guess." He yawned. "I'm too tired to try and break the laws of physics so that doesn't happen."

"So it's just going to keep getting colder?" Fluttershy said.

He bit his lip. "...I'll try to keep that from happening," he said, snapping his fingers. Another quilt tucked itself over them, and hot water bottles were stuffed under the bedsheets.

"You need rest too, Discord," she said, shifting closer to him. "You're not going to stay up tonight just to keep the room warm, are you?"

He pursed his lips. "Weeeell..." She looked at him with pleading eyes. He sighed, kissing her forehead. "Oh, I can't win when you look at me like that. I'm going to do my best to keep you warm, but I promise that I'll try to get some sleep myself."

He made a crossing motion over his heart, marking a golden 'X' there. She smiled and kissed his cheek. "Thank you, Cordy."

"You're welcome," he said, tracing his lips along the edge of her ear. "Now, try to go back to sleep. I'll spend a little more time trying to figure this out." She closed her eyes and buried herself into his fur as much as she could. He could feel her small shivers as the cold seeped in more and more.

He stroked his fingers through her mane—which felt much colder than it should have—and hummed a song, one of the lullabies she sang to foals and her animals. He felt her smile against his chest, and soon, she had drifted off to sleep.

He laid his head down on his pillow, snapping a hot water bottle inside of it, and pulled the quilts over her head. With a sigh, he stared up at the ceiling, trying to think of a way to keep both of them warm.

Time passed, and he almost drifted to sleep himself a few times. But the cold snapped him awake each time, and he quickly brought the temperature up before Fluttershy's sleep was disturbed.

He adjusted the quilts over her and felt that she was still shivering slightly. Discord lifted a hand and snapped his fingers, adding another log to the fireplace and making the blaze grow. A wave of heat passed over them, but it was still nothing compared to the cold air in the room, invisibly seeping in.

He pressed Fluttershy against his chest, racking his brain to see if he could think of something else. A large fire, blankets, and hot water bottles aren't enough, he thought. And directly affecting the temperature will only work for a little while before the cold air comes back in. The wind howled outside, banging on the shutters he had placed over the windows.

Both he and Fluttershy shivered, their fur sticking up as the cold hit them again. Fluttershy shifted closer, burying herself into his fur.

A lightbulb appeared above his head. I hope this works, he thought, rubbing his hands together and making sparks of magic between them. After a few seconds of charging, he tapped himself on the forehead with his talon.

Poof!

His fur expanded to several times its volume, burying Fluttershy inside of it. He then reached through his fur and into his chest, turning a white dial inside of himself that read 'Temperature'. He felt his body heat up, and he stopped moving the dial once he felt comfortably warm.

Fluttershy sighed contentedly, relaxing in his arms and resting her head against his warm chest. He smiled and stroked her mane, kissing her forehead. "Sweet dreams, my love," he whispered before laying his head on his pillow. He soon drifted off, joining his wife in sleep.


When he woke up, he still felt sleepy. But it was the good kind of sleepy, halfway between being awake and sleeping. He was tired enough that he felt light, with the quilts comfortable weighing him down and relaxing him, but awake enough to recognize how good everything was—the tantalizing feeling of cool air against his warm skin, and of his lovely wife snuggling into his chest fur.

She shifted closer to him, snuggling even deeper into his fur and running her hooves through the fur on his back. Eventually, her gentle gestures fully awakened him, and he yawned loudly, stretching his arms up before wrapping them back around her.

He opened his eyes and looked down at her. She was staring at him with wide, shining eyes, peeking through his thick fur. "Good morning," he said, kissing her forehead lightly.

"Good morning," she whispered. "Is there...a reason your fur is puffed up again?" She snuggled deeper into his fur.

He chuckled. "This time, it was intentional." His fur flattened down with the sound of a deflating balloon. "I made it fluffier and increased my own body temperature to keep you warm through the night." He nuzzled the top of her head.

She smiled, leaning into his touch. "Thank you, Discord. That was very kind of you." When he pulled away, she beamed at him, eyes sparkling, and with a light blush on her face. A second later, though, her expression changed.

She pointed to his head, a worried expression on her face. He snapped up a hand mirror and looked at his reflection. Steam was pouring out of his eyes and ears, and small wisps were even pouring from parts of his skin.

"Oh!" he said with a laugh. "Don't worry, sweet Fluttershy. That's just a small side effect of leaving my body temperature higher than normal." He reached into his chest and twisted the dial back to its normal position.

She sighed in relief, placing a hoof against her chest. "O-okay. It's not something I normally see, even with you."

"Well, I don't change my body temperature that often," he said. "It's rarely useful, and it has side effects. Turn it up too long, I start steaming and smoking, down too long, and icicles start forming in my joints." He stretched again, his joints making exaggerated popping and shattering sounds as he did so.

She giggled and shifted off of him. "Well, I'll go see if the inn serves any breakfast." She moved towards the edge of the bed.

He wrapped an arm around her, bringing her back to his side. "Oh no you don't," he said. "It might not feel cold in here, but I think it will be much colder in that hallway." He wrapped his other arm around her, placing his chin on top of her head. "Besides, I know something better than some plain old inn breakfast."

"Breakfast in bed!" he said cheerfully, snapping his fingers and making trays of food appear on both their laps. A bowl of oatmeal, steaming hot, was centered on both their trays, with mugs of hot tea and warm, fresh donuts on the side. He snapped his fingers again, and another tray appeared on Fluttershy's other side, with jars of sugar, milk, honey, and other toppings for their oatmeal.

Discord lifted his head off of her, though he still kept one arm around her, and poured chocolate and caramel syrup into his oatmeal, mixing them in before shoving a large spoonful into his mouth. Fluttershy added just a little honey and cinnamon to hers before topping it with blueberries and strawberries. "Did you get enough sleep last night?" she asked.

"Yes," he said. "I figured out how to keep us warm soon enough...even if I almost drifted off a few times before that."

"That's good," she said. "And everything you did worked, for me at least. I feel very well rested."

"That's wonderful to hear," he said, drinking his oatmeal out of the bowl. "So, where do you want to start searching for the winterchilla?" A map of Yakyakistan appeared at the foot of their bed.

As they ate, she pointed out places the winterchilla was likely or unlikely to be in, which he marked with different colors of stickers. Soon, though, they had finished their meals, and Fluttershy began to crawl out of bed.

Discord rolled out of bed onto the floor, slithering over to the window and throwing the shutters open. The air was calm, though the ground was covered with several feet of new, fluffy white snow.

"That snow looks deep," he said as he quickly slammed the shutters. "You should wear your thickest boots, dear."

"We should wear our thickest boots," she said as she poured a glass of water on the smoldering embers in the fireplace. "And I'll get dressed in a second. I want to freshen up first."

He nodded and started digging through the suitcases while she went into the bathroom. He tossed things from the suitcases all about the room, until he finally found garments he was satisfied with.

A few minutes later, Fluttershy walked out of the bathroom. He floated over to her, holding out the garments he had chosen. "My lady," he said with a bow, suddenly wearing a crisp butler's uniform. "If I may have the honor of preparing you for the harsh winter elements?"

She giggled. "You may," she said with a tiny bow of her own.

First, he snapped his fingers and enchanted her baby blue coat while she was putting it on so that it would always keep her warm. He carefully wriggled long, thick cotton socks onto her hooves, which reached almost up to her body. Then, he helped her put on the thickest boots he could find—mint green ones, with blue fake fur on the inside. Finally, while she was adjusting her white earmuffs, he tied a scarf around her neck, striped navy blue and forest green.

"Alright then!" he said, snapping his fingers and transforming the large Yakyakistan map into a small paper one. "It looks like we're ready to go!"

"Oh, just one second!" Fluttershy said. She became to rummage through the suitcases and pulled out a few items, then carried them over to Discord. "I want to make sure you're bundled up, too."

He looked down at what she was carrying in her front hooves. A long rainbow scarf, hoof-knitted, two mismatched boots, and a patchwork coat. He looked back up at her face, and she gave him a pleading look, holding the items closer to him.

"Hmm," he said, frowning deeply as he stroked at his beard, narrowing his eyes at the garments and glancing over at the window. She frowned slightly, glancing down at the items sadly.

"Oh, I'm just teasing," he said, slinging an arm around her. With a snap of his fingers, everything she had grabbed was teleported onto his body, joined by a pair of gloves on his hands and rainbow legwarmers on his feet. "I may be crazy, but not crazy enough to spend all day outside in the snow without at least a little covering."

She frowned, crossing her forelegs. "W-well, don't tease me like that," she said. "I just want you to be safe, okay?"

"I know," he said, kissing the top of her head. "I just love seeing how much you care about me. It's...touching."

She blushed, glancing up at him. He looked away for a second, lowering his head to try and hide some of his blush behind his scarf. "But I suppose I should make it up to you for worrying you like that..." he said. His head turned into a lightbulb. "And I know how to do that and keep warm at the same time!" He snapped his fingers.

Poof!

His fur fluffed up, bulging against the confines of his coat. She made a happy sound and leaned against him, rubbing her cheek against the fluffy fur on his neck. He smiled and nuzzled her behind her ear.

"Well, if we're all set for an adventure, why don't we set out?" he said. "There's only so much daylight up here, and as you said—'it's not a good idea to look for the winterchilla in their larger form'." For the last part, his mane and voice were perfect imitations of Fluttershy's.

She laughed, leaning against him. "You're right," she said. "Let's go!" He snapped his fingers, and they teleported away, outside of the town.

PreviousChapters Next