• Published 27th Nov 2019
  • 4,491 Views, 416 Comments

Domestic Drabbles of Discord's Dimension - GeekCat



The domestic life of Fluttershy and Discord...who knows what could happen?

  • ...
12
 416
 4,491

PreviousChapters Next
Birthday Bash

Fluttershy yawned, stretching out her forelegs. With a sleepy mumble, she shifted closer to her husband's side of the bed. All she found were cold sheets. She frowned, reaching forward with a hoof to search for Discord's warm fur. She found nothing.

With a sigh, she sat up and stretched, climbing out of bed and walking into the hallway. She went towards the "random" closet, where Discord shoved odds and ends that he didn't feel like putting anywhere else. She heard a rustling sound behind the door.

She opened it, and Discord froze, hands deep in a pile of scarves and paper, staring at her with wide eyes. "Are you still searching?" she said with a smile, leaning against the doorframe.

Discord stood up, shaking some clinging fabric off of his hand. "Of course not," he huffed. "I will have you know I am the pinnacle of patience. I can stand to wait a few more days before finding out what my birthday gifts are."

She rose an eyebrow, and he rubbed at the back of his head. "...was I close?" he said with a sheepish grin.

She giggled, bringing a hoof to her mouth. "Oh, Discord," she said. "I can't tell you. You're just going to have to wait a few more days."

He groaned, plopping his head on her shoulder. "Can't you give it to me early?" he said. "I mean, the others will give me gifts on my birthday, right? What's wrong with getting one little present early?"

She brushed her hoof through his mane. "Discord, you'll get it in three days, along with whatever the others get you."

He grunted, burying his muzzle into the crook of her neck. "It seems like a long time to wait...can't I just pick an earlier day to celebrate?"

She kissed his head. "You know you can't just pick and choose when your birthday is each year. And you seemed very adamant that the day you picked was your birthday."

"Of course!" he said, pulling away and standing up on his feet. "That was the day you befriended me and changed me for the better. If you think about it, it is my birthday." He shrugged. "I mean, I can't remember the actual date I was born, and I'm pretty sure no one else does, either."

She leaned against his side. "It's a bit sad you don't remember the real date...but I'm glad you still get to celebrate your birthday."

He scratched behind her ear. "And I'm sure you're planning something with the rest of our friends, aren't you?"

"Maybe," she said, avoiding his eyes.

"Don't worry," he said. "There's some sandstorms near Saddle Arabia that I'm going to check out." He snapped his fingers and made a surfboard under his arm. He winked. "So you can plan all you want—I won't snoop, crusader's honor!"

She smiled. "Alright. But before you head off, let's eat some breakfast." He nodded, tossing the surfboard aside and snapping his fingers, teleporting them both to the kitchen.


"You can still come, right?" Fluttershy asked Twilight anxiously through the mirror. It was a special mirror in a set of two designed by Discord. The one she was using, the one in their bedroom, had an amethyst sparkle at the top, matching Twilight's cutie mark. The other, which was in Twilight's room the last time she checked, had a butterfly inside of a spiral at the top.

Twilight smiled softly. "Of course. I wouldn't want to miss the birthday party of one of my best friends...even if he is the most frustrating being in the universe."

"That's good," Fluttershy said. "And you remember the plan, right? The time and place we're meeting?"

Twilight nodded. "I wouldn't forget a schedule."

"Oh, r-right," Fluttershy said, glancing away with a blush. "Sorry. I just...really want this to go well."

"It will," Twilight said. "Just like last year, and the year before that. Everything will be fine, Fluttershy."

Fluttershy took a deep breath, then looked up with a smile. "You're right!" she said. "I'd love to chat more, but I need to go talk to everyone else. I'll see you in a few days."

"I should get back to work, too," Twilight said. "I'll see you then. Goodbye, Fluttershy!" They both waved to each other, and the image of Twilight faded back into Fluttershy's reflection.

"Alright," Fluttershy said to herself. "Twilight's right. This is going to be fine." She headed out the door and flew out of the house, going through one of the sanctuary portals and flying towards Sweet Apple Acres.


Fluttershy entered the barn and found Applejack hard at work, rolling barrels of cider to a wagon. "Applejack?" she said. "Is this a bad time?"

Applejack looked up. "Nah. Just getting some cider ready to ship out. Anything I can help you with?"

"I was hoping to ask you for a little help setting up Discord's birthday party," Fluttershy said. "Can we use one of the cider barrels?"

"Sure thing, sugarcube," Applejack said. "I'll put it on your tab—with the friends and family discount, of course. Is there anything else I can help out with?"

Fluttershy rubbed her forehooves together. "Applejack, I know this is a weird question, but...do you have any bruised apples?" she asked.

Applejack looked up from the barrel of cider she was rolling. "Those are his favorite, aren't they?" she said. "I don't have any right now, but I'll try to remember to save some. Okay, sugarcube?"

Fluttershy nodded. "I'm sure he'd be very happy if they were one of the snacks at his party."

Applejack nodded. "You can count on me, Fluttershy. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to finish getting these barrels ready for moving. Don't worry. I'll save one for his party."

"Thank you, Applejack," Fluttershy said, turning and heading out of the barn.


At the entrance of Sweet Apple Acres, Rainbow Dash landed in front of her, blocking her path. "Fluttershy!" she said. "I can't figure out what to get Discord!"

Fluttershy tilted her head. "I thought you said you had some ideas already."

"Yeah, but...they're not Discord-y enough," she groaned. "And I need to bring a really good gift! I can't do anything for the party preparations except help put everything up, so I need to make it up to Discord by bringing an awesome gift!"

"Oh, I'm sure he'll like whatever you get him," Fluttershy said. "I see him using those novelty mugs you give him a lot...and he stored your scented candles in the memory museum, so they must be important to him."

Rainbow groaned, dragging her hooves down her face. "I can't just keep giving him 'cool stuff'," she said. "I need to get something that's perfect for Discord. But how am I supposed to get something perfect for someone who can make anything they want?"

Fluttershy stepped forward, leaning in close. "Actually, he's very sentimental," she said quietly. "If you get something that connects the two of you, he'll adore it. So think—what do you both have in common?"

Rainbow tapped a hoof to her chin. "Well...I know I've made tornados before for him to wrangle when we hang out, and he's enjoyed that," she said. "But we'd have to be pretty distant from a lot of places for me to feel safe letting him play with a tornado. And it doesn't make the best surprise gift since it takes time to whip up. I know he hates waiting."

"What about Ogres and Obletties?" Fluttershy said.

Rainbow frowned. "It's a fun game, but he knows and plays more than me. Anything I get is probably something he already has." She scuffed her hoof on the ground. "And Spike's probably going to get him something for the game anyway. I don't want to step on his claws."

She frowned. "We've both played buckball...but he was clearly just doing it for you. I don't think he's that into the game."

Rainbow's brow was furrowed, and she seemed quite stumped. "You both like pranking, right?" Fluttershy said. "I'm not suggesting that you prank him on his birthday, but..."

Rainbow's eyes light up. "That's actually a good idea!" She hovered into the air. "I've gotta get some stuff together!" She turned, and was about to fly off, but glanced back over her shoulder at Fluttershy. "Do you really think he'll like whatever I get him?" she said.

Fluttershy nodded. "I'm sure of it." Rainbow grinned and took off. Fluttershy smiled and continued down the path into town.


Fluttershy stepped into Sugarcube Corner. Pound Cake called out from behind the counter, "Mrs. Fluttershy! Are you here to see Pinkie Pie? She's in the kitchen." He opened the side door beside the counter for her, and Fluttershy thanked him and walked inside, quickly ducking into the kitchen.

Pinkie Pie was busy mixing something in a bowl. "Hi Fluttershy!" she said, pouring the contents into a pan and shoving it into the oven with one quick motion. "Are you here to talk about the p-a-r-t-y?"

Fluttershy smiled and nodded. "Don't worry, Pinkie. He said he was busy today, so he's not going to be listening."

"Phew!" Pinkie said, leaning against the counter and wiping her forehead. "Good, because it's hard to get things ready while hiding what the things are getting ready for!" She pulled out a paper list from her mane. "Okay, so we've decided on the decorations, the party games, and the location. All that's left is the food!"

Fluttershy brought out a paper with a drawing on it. "I already put some thought into what kind of cake Discord would like," she said.

"I thought last year's worked fine," Pinkie said. "Mint ice cream cake with rainbow frosting and chocolate sprinkles!" She licked her lips.

"Well, I think it'll be better if we don't repeat it," Fluttershy said, flattening the paper out. "He's not a big fan of repetition."

The drawing was of a three-tier cake, each tier a different pattern. Arrows pointed from the writing in the margins to the drawing itself. "If it's not too much trouble, I thought three tiers with different flavors and patterns might be good."

She pointed to each tier, starting with the one on the bottom. "Chocolate, coconut, and cotton candy all sounded like nice flavors," she said. "The patterns were just a few of my ideas. You can go with something else if you want, but I still think they should all be different."

Pinkie grabbed the paper and held it close to her face, eyes darting across it. "Tie-dye, plaid, and polka dot frosting?" she said. "I can pull all those off, no sweat! And those flavors? A piece of cake!"

She held up a slice of chocolate cake and shoved it into her mouth, swallowing it in one gulp. Fluttershy giggled. "I'm glad it's not a problem. Applejack's already providing some cider to drink and bruised apples for snacks." She rubbed her forehooves together. "You wouldn't mind making some snacks for everyone else, would you?"

"Of course not!" Pinkie said. "I'll make sure that Discord will still like them, though."

"And...do you need any more help making the decorations? Or the party games?" Fluttershy said.

Pinkie shook her head. "They're all done! Cheese and I finished the banner last night. Thanks again for all of the ideas, and for lending a hoof when you could!"

Fluttershy smiled and blushed. "I really do appreciate all your help, Pinkie. And I'm sure Discord will love what you've made." She waved goodbye as Pinkie started grabbing bowls, and walked down the path to Carousel Boutique.


"Thank you again for helping me, Rarity," Fluttershy said as Rarity put a few more pins in the outfit she was wearing. "I think if I had done this at home, he would have found it already."

Rarity hummed, narrowing her eyes and inspecting the cloth. "Yes, well. I can't promise that he won't find it if he comes here, but I'm more than willing to hold onto it until you've finished." She set down her pincushion. "How is it going, by the way?"

"I'm almost done," Fluttershy said as Rarity helped her take off the outfit. "I just have to finish a few small things. What about you?"

Rarity carefully folded the outfit and set it in a box. "Oh, I just need to make some small adjustments before it's finished," she said. "I just hope it's okay that the gift isn't only for him."

"I'm sure he'll love it," Fluttershy said. "If you don't need me for anything else, I'll just go into the back room."

"Of course, darling," Rarity said. "Good luck!"

Fluttershy smiled and entered the room, turning on the light as she did so. In front of her was a canvas, with a nearly-finished painting. She picked up her brush and paint and began to add the finishing touches to the picture.


Fluttershy was nudged awake by something. She slowly opened her eyes and saw the fluttering calendar above her. It used one of its flaps to point at the current date, where a colorful cake had been drawn, with Discord's face beside it.

"Thank you," she whispered to it. It gave her a salute and flew away. She moved to crawl out of bed.

Before she could get far, a paw wrapped around her waist. "Fluttershy..." Discord mumbled.

She turned back and kissed him on the cheek, peeling his paw away from her. "I'll be back," she said. "Just rest." He grumbled sleepily.

She crawled out of bed, rushing to the door that led to her cottage. She opened it and stepped into her living room, which was quite dark, with only the barest amount of sunlight illuminating it. Rarity, Pinkie, Applejack, Rainbow, Starlight, and even Spike and Twilight were there. All but Applejack and Pinkie were yawning and looking at her with sleepy eyes.

"He's still asleep," she said. "Quickly!" She held the door open and let them through. She led them down the hallway to a room that was filled with sofas and small tables of different colors and styles.

"He's saved the furniture from our tea parties... or copies of them," Fluttershy told them. "I think it's a good place to set up."

Pinkie had already moved forward and plopped a large cake on one of the tables. "I think it's great!" she said, pulling a present out of her mane and tossing it onto another table. "It just needs a little more decoration!"

She rushed around the room in a pink blur, hanging up a banner and tying balloons on the sofas. "I'll bring Discord here as soon as I can," Fluttershy said. "I'm going to make him breakfast. Are you all good until then?"

They all nodded, and Applejack brought out apple strudels and handed them to everyone. Pinkie tossed breakfast bars in their direction. Fluttershy smiled and walked out the door, heading towards the kitchen.


Fluttershy carefully opened the bedroom door and peeked inside. Discord was lying on his side, holding one of her pillows against his chest. She smiled and stepped inside, sitting down on the bed next to him and stroking his cheek with a hoof.

His eyelids fluttered, then slowly opened. "Good morning," she said. "Happy birthday."

He smiled, then sat up and stretched with a yawn. "Good morning," he said. "I see you're carrying a tray. Is that for me, or are you just going to eat it all yourself?"

She giggled and set the tray on his lap. It had a pile of chocolate chip pancakes with a sparkler stuck on top and a tall glass of chocolate milk with a paper umbrella.

"I thought it would be nice to make you breakfast in bed," she said. "Sorry it's a little light. I thought it might be nice to have some tea together this morning."

"That sounds positively lovely," Discord said, tucking into his pancakes. He glanced over at her and snapped his fingers, creating a similar tray of food for her, minus the sparkler in the pancakes.

"Oh, thank you," she said, digging into her own pancakes. They soon finished both of their breakfasts, and Discord leaned back against the headboard, licking his lips.

"That was delightful, my dear," he said. "I'm not sure if I can think of a better way to start the day." He smirked, glancing at her. "Well...maybe there's one way."

He stroked his talons through her mane, using his lion arm to pull her closer to him. He pressed his lips against hers with a moan, wrapping his tail around her waist. She moaned and closed her eyes, wrapping her forehooves around his neck as he rolled over, pinning her to the bed.

Time blurred past as they shared the passionate kiss, which soon turned into smaller kisses trailing down each other's faces and necks, and then small nips that Discord gave her neck and ears, making her giggle and flush bright red.

He purred, planting a kiss on her neck. "I know it's early in the morning," he purred, "But when has that ever stopped us?" He lifted his eyes to peer up at her, a bright red blush on his face.

With a deep breath, she lifted his head with a hoof and pressed her lips against his, moaning against his mouth. He groaned and deepened the kiss, and she ran her hooves through his mane.

"Fluttershy..." he groaned, pulling away. She started trailing kisses across his face, as he gently caressed her wings, his hands shifting downwards.


Fluttershy sighed, nuzzling into Discord's chest fur, while he tangled his fingers in her mane, his warm breath caressing the top of her head.

Discord kissed the top of her head. "Thank you, Fluttershy," he whispered into her ear.

"Of course," she said back quietly. "I-I-I enjoyed it too, you know." A bright red blush spread across her cheeks and down her neck.

He chuckled. "Well, I believe you mentioned having tea together, did you not?" She nodded. "Well, as much as I would like to have a full tea party in bed...staying in bed the whole day sounds rather dull, even if there's fun to be had." Her blush grew a little deeper, and she noticed a slight pink tinge at the tips of his ears.

"I thought it would be nice to have a tea party with the furniture from our first tea party," she said. "We could go to the furniture storage room."

"Hmm. Well, I suppose my birthday is a special occasion. I suppose I can remove the protective glass cover on that furniture for today," he said. "We should probably freshen up first, though."

He snapped his fingers, and a waterfall of warm water poured over them from the ceiling, smelling faintly of lemons. A few seconds later, he snapped again, and the waterfall was replaced by a gust of warm air from below. He snapped again, and the wind stopped, leaving both of them dry, though with mussed fur.

He shook himself, flattening his fur out, then carefully stroked her coat, flattening out any rogue spikes. "Thank you," she said, hopping out of bed. "Now, about that tea party..."

He nodded and snapped his fingers, teleporting the two of them to the furniture room. It was completely dark, and the only reason she could tell it was the furniture room was because of the dark lumps hidden in the shadows, shaped like couches. "Now, where's the light switch?" she heard him say, along with some fumbling sounds near the wall.

He flicked the lights on, showing a transformed room. Two tables were pressed together and stuffed with various snack items, including bruised apples. A barrel of cider was on one end, while the other held a three-tiered cake with crazy patterns and colors on it. Another table held a pile of gifts. Balloons of every color of the rainbow were tied to almost every surface, and a banner reading "Happy Birthday, Discord!" in rainbow letters was hanging on the far wall. Various games were set up around the room, and all of their friends were standing in the center of the room, grinning widely.

"SURPRISE!" they shouted, confetti spraying from nowhere.

Pinkie bounced forward. "Did we surprise you, Discord? Huh? Huh?"

He chuckled and pat the top of her head. "I'm not that bad at remembering dates," he said. "I knew you guys would be up to something, but..." he glanced around the room. "You certainly went all out for this. In my house, no less."

"It's all thanks to Fluttershy!" Pinkie said, jumping up and dropping party hats on top of his horns. "She designed and prepared the decorations with me! She knew what cake you would want! She helped us get here early enough to set everything up!"

Fluttershy blushed and rubbed at her foreleg. "Well...Pinkie's the one who actually made the cake. And she helped out with the decorations and everyone helped set them up..."

"Oh, don't be modest, dear Fluttershy!" Discord said, picking her up and putting her on his shoulders. "I know this party will be perfect for me because you know me better than anyone. Take a little credit for it!"

She blushed. "O-okay. I hope you enjoy it..."

"I'm sure I will," Discord said. "Now, do my eyes deceive, or it that bobbing for oranges over there?"

Time passed as they played games, including bobbing for oranges and Twister. Discord seemed to be having fun, and was helping himself every so often to one of the bruised apples on the table. The rest of their friends joined in on the fun, helping themselves to the chocolate cupcakes with rainbow frosting that Pinkie had made.

After thirty minutes or so, he floated over to her and leaned over to whisper into her ear. "Have I waited long enough, or would it be rude to start opening presents?" he asked.

She giggled and nuzzled his cheek. "I think you can open them now if you want," she said, kissing his cheek before pulling away.

Discord cheered and leapt into the pile of presents from a diving board, swimming about and holding one up after the other. "Which one is yours, Fluttershy? This one? Or maybe this one?"

Fluttershy giggled. "Mine isn't in there. I'll give it to you once you've opened everyone else's," she said.

"Boooo," Discord groaned. "Booo—oh, fine." He flopped out of the pile and grabbed a colorful bag, grabbing and flinging away the tissue paper inside.

He carefully pulled out a glass orb with swirling colors inside. "What's this?" he said, turning it over in his hands.

"It's a magic orb," Starlight said. "If you use your magic, you can arrange the colors inside into different shapes!" Discord narrowed his eyes and raised a hand, a yellow glow forming around it. He twisted his fingers around, and the colors inside spiraled into a tornado.

"And I'm guessing you're the one who made this?" Discord said, shaping the colors into Starlight's cutie mark. She nodded and pulled a piece of paper out of the bag.

"Here are some instructions on how to change colors, and how to solidify an image if you want." Discord eyes flicked over the paper, and he held the orb up to his eye. With a few seconds of swirling color, an image formed inside: the group of them, looking at him and smiling.

"Very interesting," he said, setting the orb carefully to the side. "I can see myself using this a lot."

He grabbed another present: a neatly-wrapped rectangle. He ripped the pink and purple wrapping paper to shreds, revealing a book underneath. "Oh, wow. I wonder who this is from," he said, glancing over at Twilight and rolling his eyes.

The others chuckled, and Twilight rolled her eyes. "At least see what it is, first," she said, using her magic to open the cover of the book.

Discord stared down at the first page for a long time. Fluttershy leaned over to peek over his shoulder. On the first page was an image of her reaching out to hold Discord's paw—on the day they had first become friends.

Discord flipped through the rest of the pages, each showing an image of him interacting with the group, and with clear writing detailing the date and the story behind each of the events.

He kept flipping until he reached a blank page. "I thought you'd like to add memories to come later," Twilight said.

"Thank you, Twilight," Discord said. "This was...very kind of you." He carefully closed the book, tracing a finger over the gold letters on the cover. "This is...thank you." After a few more seconds, he set the book to the side.

He snagged another gift bag with his tail. He stuck his muzzle into the tissue paper and rooted through it, unearthing several small cloth bags. With his tail, he shook the bags, spilling colorful, sparkling dice onto the floor.

A rainbow of dice, all different shapes, covered the floor. He scooped up a handful, holding them up to the light and showing how the dice sparkled under it. "Spike, I'm guessing that these are from you?"

The dragon nodded. "Yeah. I thought you'd appreciate a nice variety of dice. But that's not the only thing I got you."

"Oooh!" Discord said, dropping the dice and sticking his muzzle back into the bag. After more rifling, he pulled out a hardcover book with a picture of a dark, looming tower on the front, and large ogre at the top, taunting a group of ponies below him.

"Is this that newest expansion?" he said, opening it and flipping through the pages. "I wonder if they've added 'draconequus' as a race yet. They haven't replied to any of my letters."

Spike chuckled, shaking his head. "Well, Discord, if anyone can build that as a custom class, it'd be you."

"Hmmm. True," Discord said, placing bookmarks in the book. "Besides, I doubt they would be able to capture that true glory that is my species, anyway." He set the book down, snapping his fingers and making the dice jump on top of it in tall piles. He grabbed the next gift, carefully wrapped in rainbow paper and tied with a sparkly ribbon, and carefully peeled it open.

"Another book?" he said, holding up the thin book. "Twilight, did you get me another present? What a surprise." Twilight rolled her eyes with a scoff, though she was smiling.

"Oh, that's actually mine!" Pinkie said, bouncing up and down. "I made it myself! Open it!"

Discord flipped the book open to the first page. Fluttershy peered over his shoulder again to look. The first page was filled with several pictures, each of them numbered. Most of them were of a mixing bowl and its contents, while the final one was of a finished chocolate cake. There was also a list of step-by-step instructions.

Discord flipped through the pages. Each one was a different dessert recipe, styled in the same way—a list of instructions, plus pictures of each step.

"I snuck a tiny bite out of that cake you made for the Friendship Baking Tournament!" Pinkie said cheerfully. "Actually, I snuck bites out of all of your desserts!"

"Pinkie!" Twilight said. "When did you—" She shook her head with a sigh.

"And I noticed that the cake was awfully salty," Pinkie continued. "And then I thought you didn't know how to make a cake without magic, and that made me sad because baking is one of the bestest funnest things in the world, and then I was sad even when I was making a cake for myself—"

Discord held up a hand. "Can I get the Cliffsnotes version, please?" he said.

"Oki doki loki!" Pinkie chirped. "I felt bad that you didn't know how to bake, so I put together a book that shows you how to bake!" She pointed at the cover. "I even named it 'EZ Baking'! Get it?"

Discord chuckled, closing the book. "I think you're the only group who'd try and teach me some new lesson or skill with my presents," he said. "I do appreciate this, though. If I can get better at baking, maybe I'll even rival your desserts, Pinkie."

"Heh. Don't count on it, buster," she said with a smirk.

He grinned, then reached out to grab the next present—and ended up overbalancing, pulling off the sheet with a ribbon taped onto it. Underneath was a beautiful, square wooden chest, with a carving of Discord and Fluttershy on its lid. "Made it myself," Applejack said. "Each one of the Apple family gets one of these at some point. They're great for storing things, and its made of genuine applewood."

Discord traced a claw over the design on top, then opened the chest to put his head inside. "Thank you, Applejack," he said, gathering the other opened presents in his tail and sliding them carefully into the chest. He carefully placed the chest to the side, the lid still open, as he snagged another gift bag with his tail.

He flung the tissue paper away with wild abandon, carefully lifting out the other items inside—a dribble glass, joy buzzer, and a jar that read 'peanut brittle'. "Let me guess, this is from Rainbow," he said, pulling out a fake flower.

Rainbow nodded and grinned. "That's some of my old pranking stuff! I figured that you'd find something to do with them." She narrowed her eyes. "But maybe at least use them for pranking once before eating them?"

He chuckled. "Sorry about that. No hard feelings, right?" He held out his paw. Rainbow glanced at him, then rolled her eyes and grabbed it.

A spray of water hit her from behind, making her jump and whirl around. The fake flower was there, floating in midair, before floating back into Discord's paw. "Gotcha," he said with a grin. He, Rainbow, and Pinkie started laughing, and the rest of them joined in.

The next gift was a white dress box with a sheer purple ribbon. "Let me guess...Rarity's gift," he said, flicking the knot of the ribbon, which untied itself and fell away, the top floating off. He rose an eyebrow and pulled out a white dress, with a hem decorated in glittering vines and roses. "Um, Rarity," he said. "Did you mix up my gift with someone's order?"

Fluttershy smiled and pulled out the rest of the dress. While it did have the vines and roses, which reminded her of her wedding dress, the sequins were a vast array of different colors, and the skirt was dyed a rainbow of colors. And on the chest, there was an eight-pointed arrow, surrounded by orange, frilled fabric. And the dress itself was long enough to fit him.

Fluttershy pulled out the second item in the box—a teal suit, with a rose emblazoned on the label, and a pink tie. "I shared the original designs you made for our wedding outfits with Rarity," she said. "I thought...they might be nice to have? You seemed to like these..."

He stared for a second at the dress in his hands, then snapped his tail feathers. In a flash of light, the dress and suit appeared on both of them, and he summoned a full-length mirror to look at the dress from all angles. "I do treasure the original suit you made, Rarity," he said. "But I think I will definitely treasure this, as well!" He twirled.

Rarity grinned, though Fluttershy remembered everything she had muttered about crimes against fashion while making the dress. While it was beautiful, it was very chaotic...which suited him well. Discord floated over, staring at her expectantly.

"That's all the gifts but yours, Flutters dear," he said. "Now, where did you hide that? I'm anxious to see what it is!"

She smiled. "I'll go fetch it." She flew out of the room and to the closet he had searched the other day. To her relief, her present was still there, untouched. She grabbed it and flew back, placing it carefully in Discord's hands.

He tore the wrapping paper to shreds in a frenzy, stopping short when the present was revealed. She bit her lip, watching and waiting for his reaction. She stole a glance at the painting.

She had used one of their wedding photos as a reference—the one where they had fed each other a bite of cake, and Discord had "accidentally" smeared frosting all over her cheek. The painting wasn't perfect, and some parts were too angular or too large, but she thought it was recognizable enough. But Discord hadn't said anything yet.

She was starting to grow worried that he didn't like it. All of a sudden, he placed it on the floor...then scooped her into his arms and began to pepper her face with kisses. "You wonderful, wonderful mare!" he said. "It's perfect! It's amazing! It's the best gift so far!" He kissed her on the lips.

"You...like it?" she said when he pulled away. A smile spread across her face.

"I love it!" he said. "Oh, that's going in our bedroom, right away!" He snapped his fingers, and it disappeared in a flash of light. He kissed her on the cheek again, then pressed her against his side. "Now, I have my eyes on a chaotically delicious cake!"


The day passed in a flurry of games, snacks, and Discord trying out his new presents. The crusaders, Big Mac, Celestia, and Luna all came by at different times, staying for a few minutes and giving their presents before leaving. One by one, all the guests had to leave and head back to their homes and jobs.

Fluttershy and Discord were left alone, laying on the couch, with her snuggling against his chest. They had taken off their dress and suit, hanging them up carefully next to the other presents he had gotten. He was running his fingers through her mane, while she lightly kissed the knuckles of his paw.

"That," he said, "was a perfect birthday. You did a wonderful job, my dear." He kissed the top of her head. "In fact, I can think of only one thing that would make this even better."

"What?" she asked, lifting her head. He grinned and snapped his fingers, and a whistling teapot appeared in his hand. She slowly smiled. "Oh...I suppose I did say we should do that." He nodded and slowly sat up, still keeping her pressed close to him and pouring them both cups of tea.

"Happy birthday, Discord," she said, holding her teacup to him.

"And I hope to have many more...with you," he said, clinking his cup to hers. They smiled and leaned against each other, slowly sipping their tea.

PreviousChapters Next