• Published 27th Nov 2019
  • 4,497 Views, 416 Comments

Domestic Drabbles of Discord's Dimension - GeekCat



The domestic life of Fluttershy and Discord...who knows what could happen?

  • ...
12
 416
 4,497

PreviousChapters Next
Catnip Craziness

Fluttershy hummed a merry tune as she unpacked her saddlebags. The sanctuary's pantry had been running low on carrots, so she had decided to restock on a little bit of everything. Discord was kind enough to make some foodstuffs for her, but she knew that some animals could be very picky—most of Angel's kids and grandkids had inherited his fussy appetite, though thankfully not his temper.

Yes, they could be picky about exactly where their carrots and salad ingredients were bought, and other animals needed very specific foods, to ensure they were getting all the vitamins and nutrients they needed. And sometimes, Discord just didn't understand what exactly each animal needed. He fully admitted this, and though he was willing to help with what he understood, as he once said,

"Since you're the expert, I think you know what's best for your little critters." He helped with with her saddlebags and handed her a bulging coin purse. "Just don't let them overcharge you." He kissed her on the forehead and bid her goodbye as she flew through one of the portals.

She smiled at the memory, placing one of the last items on its shelf. The last thing left was a small, white cloth bag. She was about to put it away, but paused, and instead flew out the door with it.

She navigated the maze of hallways, before finally stopping and opening a frosted glass door with a golden cat painted on it. She opened the door and entered, a tiny bell ringing as the door swung shut behind her.

The room was full of kittens. Tiny kittens sleeping in soft cat beds, fluffy kittens eating out of metal bowls (the food slowly regenerating in front of hungry, waiting kittens), striped kittens scratching at wooden posts and patting at hovering toys, and some kittens chasing each other and wrestling on the carpeted floor.

All of their ears perked up as they heard the bell, and they turned to her. They immediately rushed towards her, mewling as they surrounded her hooves. As they cried for her attention, the cat flap in the wooden door on the other wall of the room opened, more kittens, and even some adult cats, pouring in the joining in the meowing chorus.

She smiled and opened the cloth bag. Several of the cats stood on their hind legs, stretching up to sniff at the package. She shook some of the greenish powder inside into her hoof, then scattered it onto the carpet.

The adults cats sniffed at the powder, and quickly began to roll around in the piles. Some of them seemed to become more energized, and chased some of the kittens around before rushing back through the cat flap.

Some of the kittens approached and sniffed at the powder. They wandered away, disinterested, some of them shooting Fluttershy a betrayed look before curling back up in their beds.

With a smile, she scratched a few of the relaxed cats behind their ears, stepping around them and walking through the wooden door with the cat flap. She felt the usual tingle against her skin that came when going through one of Discord's portals, and stepped into a porch-like area at the edge of the sanctuary.

The space was a relatively new addition, designed to be as open as possible, so that any stray cats were free to come and go as they pleased. The space consisted of a simple slanted roof, a simple wood wall with the door to the cat room, and a collection of cat beds, food bowls, and scratching posts. Sometimes, ponies would wander by, looking to adopt a pet.

But all the only creatures here now were a group of adult cats. She repeated what she had done in the cat room, sprinkling the powder onto the grass. The cats sniffed it and began to roll around, though some of the older ones looked disinterested. Still, she smiled, closed the bag, and turned back to the door.

She reached for the handle...except it wasn't there. Where there had been a simple door just a second ago, there was just a smooth wooden wall. The cat flap was still there, though.

"Discord?" she said. With a flash of light, her husband appeared in front of her, tossing aside a multicolored cube.

"Yes, my dear?" He glanced around. "Is something wrong with the sanctuary?" he asked.

She shook her head. "No, I don't think so...but Discord, why is the door to the cat room missing on this side?"

He pointed to the cat flap. She sighed and shook her head. "Discord...not the cat flap, the actual door. The one I can use to get back home."

He crossed his arms. "I don't like the idea of leaving a door around that anypony can use to enter our home."

She sighed, and pointed to all of the portals that hovered around the sanctuary. He scoffed, "Oh please. You know that everypony except you and Pinkie avoids those things as much as they can. Besides, none of those actually lead inside of the house. A door seems much too tempting for a curious pony."

She sighed again. "You're right," she said. "And I suppose I can use the portals to get back...I just don't like having to go in circles just to get back to where I was. What if I forget something in the cat room back home? I'd have to go through the whole house just to get it and come back here, if you're busy with something."

"I'm never too busy to help you!" he insisted. She blushed.

"U-um, couldn't you at least set something up that just the two of us can use?" she said. "That way, it'll be easy for me to get back, and nopony else can come in." He hummed and stroked his beard, then snapped his fingers. With a flash, a tiny doorbell, surrounded by a golden butterfly, appeared in front of her, right where the handle had originally been.

"Press that, and you'll have your door," he said. "But if anypony else tries it..." He leaned past her, placing his hand on her shoulder.

He darted forward to press the button, but it dodged to the right. He tried again, and it dodged upwards. He kept going, faster and faster, the doorbell always just a second ahead of him. Eventually, he sighed and gave up, letting his arm drop to his side. The doorbell slowly slid back to its original position.

Carefully, she reached out and pressed it. It didn't move away. No sound was made as she pressed it, but it morphed into a golden handle, a simple wooden door fading into existence.

She sighed and opened the door, stepping back into the cat room. The adult cats were still relaxing and rolling around on the floor. "Thank you, Discord," she said as he floated in behind her. "I really appreciate it." She flew up to kiss his cheek.

He smiled, pecking her forehead. "No trouble at all," he said. "Now, what made you come into the cat room? I thought I had given them everything that they needed..."

"Yes, of course!" she assured him, rubbing at the back of his neck. "I had just picked something up at the market today, and it seemed a shame not to use it." She opened the bag and held it out to him. He peered at the greenish contents before looking back up at her and raising an eyebrow.

"It's catnip," she explained, closing the bag again. "It a type of plant that has positive effects on cats." She reached down to one of the cats on the floor, which purred and rubbed its head against her hoof.

"It helps them feel more comfortable and relaxed," she said. "I figured it'd be the perfect way to help some of the strays feel safe here, and in the sanctuary."

Discord pointed at a pair of calico kittens who were wrestling a good distance away from the catnip. "Are you sure you didn't get ripped off?" he asked. "Because if some vendor thinks they can scam you out of your hard-earned bits..."

She shook her head. "Oh, no. Catnip doesn't work well with kittens, or elderly cats. Their sense of smell isn't as great, so they're not affected. In fact, even some adult cats aren't interested in catnip."

She glanced down as a tabby cat rubbed against her back leg. "Discord, do you want to help me—" he was already nodding vigorously. "—make these cats feel more at home?" He paused, but continued nodding.

She placed a simple toy in his hand—a rod and string, with a collection of bright feathers at the end. "Can you play with them for a bit? I'll be right back, as soon as I put this catnip in storage."

He nodded and sat on the ground, dangling the feathers just out of the cats' reach. She left the room, watching for just a second as he used his magic to tickle a cat behind the ear with the feathers, pulling them away from her just as she whipped around. She giggled and let the door close behind her.


A few minutes later, she opened the frosted glass door. "I'm back!" she said. "How are the—"

She froze in the doorway. Discord was lying on top of the catnip, his back to her. He wasn't moving. Immediately, she rushed to his side, placing her hooves on his shoulder. "Discord, what happened!?"

With a moan, he twisted his body, turning to face her. His pupils were both wide and shiny. She quickly placed her forehead against his.

He doesn't have a fever, she thought. And he isn't injured... "Discord, why are you on the floor?" she asked.

He giggled, then leaned back and tapped his forehead against hers again. "Bop!" he said cheerfully, starting another giggling fit. He twisted around on the carpet, several cats having to dodge his thrashing tail. Several of them swatted at his feathers. Others tried to sneak closer to the catnip, but his thrashing limbs convinced them to retreat.

He purred, arching his chest into the air as he rubbed his upper back against the carpet. He's acting just like a cat with— she froze, the idea clicking into place.

"Discord...is it the catnip?" she said, hiding a giggle behind her hoof. His head flopped in her direction, eyes unfocused and tongue lolling out. She couldn't hold it back anymore—she burst into a fit of giggles.

When she was done, Discord was lying on his back, body curved into a "u" shape, staring blankly up at the ceiling. She bit back another giggling fit and slowly approached him.

If he's acting like a big cat... She placed her hooves gently against his stomach, and began to rub them through his fur.

He purred loudly, and she glanced over to see his tongue sticking out, his eyes closed as a blissful smile spread across his face. She smiled, and continued to rub his belly.

After a few minutes, he thrashed away, rolling around in the catnip again. Once he had stopped moving, this time with his muzzle buried into the rug, she approached again and began to rub the top of his head, just behind his ears.

With a sigh, he slowly shifted his head onto her lap. Smiling, she cupped her front hooves under his chin, kissed his forehead, and continued to stroke behind his ears. Slowly, his eyes drifted closed, and he began to snore softly.


Minutes later, he jolted awake with a snort. He blinked and glanced around, slowly lifting his eyes until they met hers. "...That wasn't a dream, was it?" he said slowly. She shook her head.

His entire body flushed a deep red, steam pouring from his skin. In a flash, he teleported away. The cats jumped back on top of the catnip, rolling around with content smiles again.

Fluttershy quickly got onto her hooves and rushed out of the door. Going on her gut instinct, she headed towards their bedroom. Sure enough, when she entered, there was a draconequus-shaped lump huddled under the blankets.

The blankets curled into a tighter cocoon around the lump. "Leave me aloooone," he moaned.

She flew over and laid on the bed next to him, tucking her legs under her chest. "Discord, it's okay," she assured him. "I wasn't expecting you to act like that around catnip, but..."

"It was embarrassing," he groaned. "I just...can't Look you in the eyes right now." His cocoon became tighter, as the blanket was pulled from under her. "I'm just going to hide from the world for a few hours."

She laid a wing over him, feeling him stiffen inside his bundle. "Alright," she said. "I'll leave you alone for a bit. I just want you to know that you were...very cute," she giggled. "And that even if you're very embarrassed, I love you very much."

She hugged him as best as she could, wrapping her forehooves around a portion of his cocoon. He whispered, "Thank you," before shifting again and growing quiet. She pulled away and left the room, quietly closing the door behind her.

PreviousChapters Next