• Published 27th Nov 2019
  • 4,494 Views, 416 Comments

Domestic Drabbles of Discord's Dimension - GeekCat



The domestic life of Fluttershy and Discord...who knows what could happen?

  • ...
12
 416
 4,494

PreviousChapters Next
Small Things

Fluttershy opened the front door and stepped inside. She left a trail of muddy hoofprints on the carpet as she dropped her saddlebags on the ground. With a great sigh, she flopped down onto the couch, too tired to care about the water and mud that she was getting on the cushions.

After a few minutes of laying there, pressing her face into the pillows, the front door was slammed open with great force. "I'm home!" Discord announced cheerfully. "How was your—" he froze as he spotted her. "What in the name of sweet chaos happened to you!?"

She sighed and sat up, pushing some of her mane out of her face. "Hi, Discord," she said quietly. "It's just been...a very long day for me."

He conjured up a wooden chair and sat in front of her, leaning forward with wide, worried eyes. With another sigh, she started.

"Before I started checking on the animals in the sanctuary, Starlight suddenly ran up and asked me to be a last-minute substitute for a friendship class—Scootaloo caught the feather flu, and no one else could take over. I agreed, and left some instructions for Dr. Fauna before leaving with Starlight."

"Well, I had only half an hour to learn and memorize what I was supposed to be teaching the class. It wasn't that hard, but...I was just so worried that I wouldn't learn everything in time. Oh, but the classes went just fine, and Starlight said she could take over the afternoon classes."

"I figured I'd eat lunch at the sanctuary...but when I got there, Dr. Fauna said that she didn't see the list I left. It must have blown away. So we had to figure out everything she hadn't done, and then I had to do it before we could do the afternoon things. But she was called away for an emergency, and I didn't have volunteers today, so I had to do everything myself."

"But I had forgotten that there was a heavy rainstorm scheduled for this afternoon...I must have slipped and fallen into ten mud puddles after it started...but I had to finish taking care of my animals. It took me all afternoon, but once that was done, I came right back home."

She flopped back down onto the couch, sighing when it let out a nasty squelching sound. Discord quickly snapped his fingers, and the mud and water evaporated off of the couch and her body, the vapor hovering out the window.

"Thank you," she mumbled. Her coat still felt itchy and unclean, even if the grime was gone.

"Fluttershy...why didn't you call me?" he asked. "I could have helped you! I could have taken care of your morning chores, or substituted for the class. I could have gotten rid of those rain clouds, or even just made you an umbrella!"

She sighed, shaking her head. "No...you were visiting Celestia. I didn't want to disturb you. I know how much you both enjoy your semi-monthly visits."

He frowned. "We could have easily rescheduled! There's no reason you shouldn't have—" She whimpered, lowering her head, and he froze.

With a sigh, he gently placed his paw on top of her head. "I'm sorry," he murmured. After a pause, he said, "Did you even get a chance to eat lunch?"

She shook her head, and he sighed heavily. "Alright. I'll make you some nice, hot stew. Do you want to go to bed?" She nodded, and he snapped his fingers, teleporting both of them onto their bed. He gently propped her against the pillows, tucking the sheets up to her chest.

"I'll be back in just a few minutes, okay? I'm going to make the stew by hand, with a little magic to speed it up." Before he snapped his fingers, he grabbed a book from her small shelf with his tail and placed it into her hooves. He disappeared in a flash of light.

She glanced down at the book she was holding—a field guide on the birds found in the tropics. She flipped through the pages slowly, looking at the creatures' colorful plumage without really reading any of the words.

Just a few minutes later, Discord floated back into the room with a silver tray in his claw. He carefully placed it on her lap, and she set the book aside to see what he'd brought.

A large bowl of vegetable stew, with some noodles floating around in it, still steaming hot. A steaming mug of hot chocolate, with a dollop of marshmallow whip. And a pink cream cheese mint, exactly the shape and size of a blooming rose.

Slowly, she dipped her spoon into the stew and brought it up to her lips, taking a small sip. "I-it's delicious," she whispered. She took another small bite, then a sip of the hot chocolate. A warmth spread from the tips of her ears to the bottom of her hooves.

Suddenly, tears welled up in her eyes and started pouring down her face.

"Fluttershy!?" Discord said. "Are-are you okay!? Is the cocoa too hot? Is the stew too salty? Did my cooking poison you!?"

She let out a choked laugh, wiping her eyes. "N-no," she said, sniffling. "I'm-I'm sorry. It's just been...such a long day, and I'm so tired, and-and you're just being so nice when all I've done is rant at you..." She sniffed again, wiping both of her eyes.

She squeaked as Discord wrapped his arms around her, the tray floating off to the side as she was pulled against his chest. "You have nothing to be sorry for," he said. "You have just been through a very long and stressful day, and are only just now getting a chance to relax. Of course you feel a little overwhelmed."

She whimpered. "But...what you said earlier, about calling you...you're not mad at me?"

He sighed, burying his muzzle into her mane. "No, I am not mad. I may be a little annoyed that you put my visit with Celestia over your own health and struggles...but no, I understand why you decided not to."

He kissed her forehead. "Just, in the future...call me, okay? I'll drop everything if it means I can help you."

She whined and buried her face deeper in his fur. Tiny whimpers came from her throat, as tears poured from her eyes.

"Just let it all out," he said, stroking her mane and back. "Everything's going to be fine. I'm here for you."

For the next few minutes, she continued to sob in his fur. Eventually, she pulled away with a running nose and red, puffy eyes. She apologized for getting his fur wet. He just shrugged and gently rubbed a silk handkerchief over her eyes and nose. When he pulled away, her nose was clear, and a sideways glance towards the nearby mirror showed that her eyes were normal again.

"Feel any better?" he asked, cleaning the mess she had made in his fur with the handkerchief.

With a sniff, she slowly nodded. "Thank you," she said, wrapping her forehooves around his torso. He smiled down at her, brushing a stray strand of mane out of her face.

She pulled away and leaned back against the pillows. "I'd like to finish that stew now. It really is delicious," she said. He smiled and reeled the tray back in front of her.

She continued eating and sipping at her cocoa, while Discord laid down on his side of the bed and summoned one of his favorite salads to eat: a single leaf of lettuce, drenched in ranch, and topped with croutons, crackers shaped like fish, and a handful of paperclips. She leaned against his shoulder, and he wrapped an arm around her withers.

She finished off her stew and rose mint, Discord polishing off his salad and purple corpse lily-shaped mint. A bonfire suddenly sprang up at the foot of the bed, and they were holding sticks with marshmallows on them. "I think today should be a two-dessert day, after what you've been through," he said, lighting his marshmallow on fire and sticking it into a s'more as it was still burning.

She smiled and began to cook her own marshmallow a little more carefully, taking sips of her cocoa as it turned a lovely shade of golden brown. When it was ready, she pulled it back, and chocolate and graham crackers appearing around it as she pulled it off of the stick.

After devouring two s'mores, she decided she had had enough. Discord tossed the remainder of his tenth s'more down his esophagus and snapped his fingers. She felt warm, white steam that smelled like soap blow against her fur, melting away the sticky residue and finally getting rid of that grimy feeling in her fur.

A gust of hot wind blew through the room, dispersing the steam and drying her fur. She yawned and slid under the sheets. Discord curled around her like a snake, resting his head just above hers.

"Thank you," she murmured, wrapping her forehooves around the part of him she could most easily reach, pressing her face into his fur. "This feels so nice..."

With another yawn, she snuggled closer against him, feeling the troubles of her day melt away as she drifted into unconsciousness.

PreviousChapters Next