• Published 3rd Apr 2020
  • 7,134 Views, 273 Comments

Indomitable - Slendy



The long trek of a wayward Human now Lucario lost in the world of Equestria, he needs to find a way home, with a little help from a new acquaintance, issue is, can he find his way home or will he choose to stay?

  • ...
15
 273
 7,134

Bonus Chp. - The Fighting Steel Age

Author's Note:

This isn't much, but with the surprising amount of notifications I received following this upload, I'm generally thankful that you liked the first chapter. So here's a little something until chapter two drops next Friday. Enjoy~!

I have it with sleeping in trees. Sleeping in ditches, being hunted time-and-time again by what I could imagine was a sadist's idea of 'fun' for mythology.

I have a neighbor, he's friendly when he's not angry, he's a hydra so that's cool. These wooden wolves too, a whole pact of them south of my location, imagine my surprise to find them to also not be friendly.

"I'm a Lucario, I thrive on being the apex, this is nothing!" I countered the world's challenge to my survival. I rubbed a paw over my chin. "Now, how do I go about this...?"

My eyes continued to survey the tree that sat with thick trunks that curved like a spider, it was off the ground by several meters too, and the area was out of the territories of both the wood wolves and Hydra. I had only a rusty hatchet, a few whetstones and my medical, slash, food supply all tucked into an old bag. This wouldn't be easy, but if I'm to leave this forest, which was hellbent on keeping me in, I needed a place that screamed 'safe' or at the very least 'please don't hurt me'.

I gazed to my paws, an idea dinged. "I'm Lucario... yeah, this can work." From there I lit the firepit next to me and got to work with some bark and charcoal

~---~

"Quick~Attack~!" My sing-song struck the tree, carving through the trunk with ease as I gave it a quick kick to spin and join the others in a pile, the stumps left after my excessive use of the ability. Turning my head to the foliage still attached a swung my hatchet around and dashed between the fallen trees, clean, silver strokes of the blade shaved them, leaving me with two primary construction materials as I backhand another wood wolf from pouncing me. "Oh! Good," My paw clamped around the dazed wood wolf. I hummed happily. "A volunteer! I needed firewood!"

I swore I watched as the other wood wolves stand by the bushes, their glowing eyes vanishing from sight.


"Rock Smash! Rock Smash! Rock Smash! Rock Smash!!" Fist of stone broke its breatharian, my paws growing numb from the contact they made with the walls of this cave and its minerals I stood up and pain erupted from my forehead striking the roof of the cave. "Grah! Mother Fuuuu--"

Gathering the stone and other useful items I trekked back through the woods, finding the start of my home already in motion. I used a bunch of Almond Willow branches as a form of suspension cord for the thatch roof, beneath it was the cured rectangle that made up the floor of my hut. I sat my bag down then grabbed the hatchet, seeing the final floor log between my legs as I continued to file the rough bark of the oak, exposing the wood below.

By now I had learned to control aura through mediation, I had a better grasp of my surroundings, and I could even sense the auras of animals clearly, it made hunting easier and kept my senses on alert, though I doubt the wood wolves want a piece of me since I keep using them as firewood, I'm sure there's an omen about me spreading around the labyrinth of a forest, at least that's what the Owl said, but he sees a lot of things that I struggle to understand.

My face hit the wood, crying. "Oh my God, my only companion on a fortnight basis is a God-Damn owl..." I felt it, my hope was fleeting


I swear this hatchet is made of adamantine or something.

Once more I flicked away the discarded wood chips, seeing the rough but firm housing joint that, with a little kick or two, slotted right into place. Grabbing a small stick that sat in a poorly made clay pot I scooped up a glob of Pine sap, carefully lining the two split logs and the joint with the glue, while it wasn't the most elegant process, nor was it fun trying to get it out of fur, the last three walls held so I'm assuming I haven't just built a death trap, though the wood wolves would disagree.

"You know I can sense you!" I called, setting the stick down while flexing my claws to crane my head slowly, a creepy grin adorning my muzzle. "Who's next?" The eyes immediately vanished


I crept slowly, my face to the mud as I inched my way under a fallen tree, each snap or crunch had my ears slap down on my head while my eyes froze on the target.

I was experimenting today, but my project needs... enhancement. I crawled my way through mud and grass to reach the skeletal treasure, bones of all shapes and sizes, curved and thick lay in abundance around me that I could honestly mistake them for white mounds of sand at first glance. Want to know what the 'But' is?

Stay calm, Zen, you're just an everyday Lucario looking for a few bones... I eased my mind, sweat dripping at the snort next to me, the scaly head resting nearby. ...From the lair of a hydra that really doesn't like you...

My efforts would provide me with a better means of utility until I learned Metal Claw and got a handle on my aura. This was the only place with bones big enough for the job, and I really don't want to know where they came from. I stopped dead in my tracks, noting the tail that swept closer to the creature's body.

Long gashes tore into the scales, while thin, white bones littered the ground under me, a pungent smell left behind. This isn't the hydra's... these injuries are...

I turned my head, immediately flipping backward at the sight of two heads leering defensively. With a soft growl, the Hydra pulled itself to its feet, the four heads snarled, bearing their teeth. But those eyes weren't on me, rather, I wasn't their concern. Another growl, far stronger had me ever-so-slowly sink into the large bush to my right. Towering over the Hydra was the Barroth, and now that I could see the left eye was scarred, a clean, while line scored the scales. Hehehe... I hope he's not mad at me...

My eyes flattened. "I guess I injured it during my escape a week ago, great, I always wanted a monster to have a vendetta against me." My snark was interrupted by the Hydra's combined roar, two head lunging for the wyvern, throwing an array of bones to obscure it. Through dust the tail swung low, the club smacking the heads aside, forcing the Hydra to pivot, using its own tail to swipe the Barroth's thick armor, with a mere scratch it bellowed steam and charged, slamming that earthen crown into the exposed torso

A shuddering crack resounded, and two head snapped back, biting into the crown to pull the Barroth away, it held firm with both feet, pushing the Hydra against a nearby wall of earth, pulling away to the left and smashing the tail across their necks again, two of the heads collided while the others let out a terrible cry. The Barroth watched as the Hydra slithered away.

With a terrible cry, the Brute Wyvern thundered toward the bush I previously vacated, his enormous mouth wide open and his one good eye glinting with hatred. By now, I had grabbed a few of the discarded bones thanks to that Hydra tossing them and was making sure to take the long way back. "Oooh hell no!"


"There! Done!" I laughed, throwing the bone-saw aside, picking up the last piece of wood and some thread, effortlessly tieing the material between the long frame. Pushing it up the top slapped against the entry to my hut. "How the latter was the hardest part I will never know -- Point is, I'm done -- I should stop talking to myself."

Throwing the tools and remaining scraps of wood under the leaning tree, I carefully climbed the latter and pushed the tarp away. Stepping inside I had a small space for a bed to my left, a desk, and stool at the foot of the bed that stretched to cover the back wall, leaving me with a small rectangular space to pace in. It was homely and off the ground.

The bed was just some furs and other comfy materials I could scrounge up, I was no expert, and after spending nearly three weeks constructing this deathtrap I'd take a bed of dirt if I could sleep safely. Dropping my bag I turned them jumped onto the bed, feeling not even a single groan of the hut as I smiled, sinking into the comfort of the furs. "Know something... this was worth it..."

Slumber soon took ahold of me.

To Be Continued...