• Published 29th Oct 2019
  • 2,493 Views, 54 Comments

Siblings of Blacklight and Nemesis - Creative Paradox



so... yeah you should know the basics me and my brother went to a con bot stuff from a murchaint and... got sucked into equestria (displaced story)

  • ...
19
 54
 2,493

Ch.2 A new beginning pt.2

Chapter 2 A new beginning part 2

Equestria badlands present 3rd POV

After everyone had figured out that they wouldn't be able to use magic, the group started their journey towards the hive. Blacklight began to think back on how, what was supposed to be his greatest creation, became my greatest failure.

1,032 years ago unknown forest (soon to be Badlands) David's POV

It's been about 3 weeks since we met the Equestrians and Princess Celestia. After I had said her name, she turned to us and gave us a look of pure fury. She tried to avenge her guard and blasted us with a magic beam. On instinct, we ended up blocking the attack and ran.. While we were on the run, we found a village were we had to continue fighting. My brother got a little injured, but thanks to his healing factor, he quickly regenerated his wounds. After fighting for what must have been an hour, we were able to get back into the forest. After we somehow managed to lose them, we decided explored around a bit. Eventually we found ourselves here, which we stay at, for three weeks. During the three weeks after the…incident, I began experimenting with the virus. I’m not sure why, but I believed I could create a new species with how much control I have over it. At the moment, I was working on a special project. It was something that would hopefully be beneficial and helpful to this world were in. Because believe it or not, I believe Celestia's intentions were justified. If I were in her situation, I would have reacted in the same way. So here I am working on my project

'Ok if I'm right about this then...' I think, with furrowed eyebrows. Suddenly the virus sample I was working on finally stabilized. “Haha, YES, YES! I DID IT, I ACTUALLY DID IT!" I shouted in excitement

'What did you do big bro?' Nemesis asked through the hive mind.

*Chuckles* ”I'll tell you what I did, I just created a version of the virus that will create a new type of pony creature. It’ll be sentient and have a will of its own!" I answered my brother's question in excitement. I was thinking about what should be the host of the virus (if only I thought about what this action would bring), when I found a little bug. I began injecting it with the virus and as I predicted, it became larger and gained an anthropomorphic pony like shaped.

Once it was done, I was pretty shocked at what I was looking at. It was a changeling, but not just a regular changeling by the looks of it, but a queen with noticeable differences. Her mane, tail, and eyes were a pinkish color. she was also the size of a teenager, she then looked at me and spoke

"A-are you my dad?" She asked me.

“…I just gave you sentience, how can you already talk? In fact, how do you even know what a Dad is!?” I asked her and myself.

Equestria Badlands present day 3rd POV.

He was brought out of his thoughts again by Starlight.

"You said your names were Blacklight and Nemesis, are you two really the ones from the stories? If so, what exactly are you and your brother?" She asked him, he looked at her.

"Yes, we are, but we’re not what those stories portray us to be. As for what we are, that’s a lot more complicated." He answered.

She tensed up, remembering all the stories Celestia made during the past thousand years. She appeared to relax when he told her about the stories being fiction, as far as I could tell that is.

‘While I’m not sure if he’s telling the truth, I’m in no position to judge others based on their past. After all, I messed with the fabric of time just for revenge.’ She thinks somberly.

They continued to walk for a while. While they were walking, Discord just keep staring staring at the two strange creatures. Blacklight ignored it at first, but after a little bit, he decided to ask Discord about it..

"So why are you staring at us?" Blacklight finally asked.

"Well you see, I heard about those stories from the ponies back when I was ruling Equestria a thousand years ago. I was just a little curious about your abilities." He answered sheepishly. Blacklight just looked at him for a little bit before speaking.

“Well, I hope you don't expect me to kill and maim them. I only plan on knocking them out. I care for them too much to slotter them, and I don't plan on doing so. Do you understand?" He asks Discord while giving him a look. He just looks at Blacklight for a few seconds then nods.

"Yeah I understand, I was just curious." He stated. After that, Blacklight turned to look at Thorax and noticed something different between him and the other changelings, both physical and virus wise.

'Huh, I guess after sharing the love energy/emotion, the virus gene mutated and evolve. Interesting, I will have to do more research on this once we save everyone, and their transformation is complete.' He thought. "So...why is a changeling such as yourself, betraying your queen? I thought you were all loyal, and dead set on stealing love. For that matter, what is your name?" He asked, already knowing the answer.

"OH, I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Thorax, and the reason for my betrayal and for helping is-" He then explained everything, from when he met spike to now. It was at this point that they had made it to the hive, and from there it was pretty much like it was in the show. At least up until they made it to the throne room doors. After starlight tells them her plan to defeat the queen, Blacklight saw Thorax and could tell something was wrong. Concerned, he decided to ask.

"Hey Thorax, what's wrong?" He asked. Thorax just looks at him in shock. While Thorax was hesitant to answer, something compelled him to. It was like how his queen asked him something, but more of a good feeling.

"How?" He asked, Blacklight look at him

"How what?" He asked.

"How do you fight against your family’s beliefs? How do you continue to try to show your family the right path, despite them not wanting to change for the better?" Ask Thorax. Blacklight just smiled at him.

"Well that's easy. Just because someone stumbles and loses their way, that doesn't mean they're lost forever..." He says.

“But all their emotions, so much pain and sorrow-" Thorax starts to say before Blacklight cut him off.

"No. It's not just their pain your feeling, it's yours too and you know it... Listen as scary as it sounds... Their pain will make you stronger…a brighter future can not be obtained without bearing the pain of your kin. But that in on itself, is impossible without one thing: Hope, hope that your efforts will bear fruit and change how things currently are. Without that, you’re not going to make any difference." I paused for a moment to let that sink in, then I say: "Thorax, we need you to hope that you’re efforts aren’t going to be in vain." He gave a little smile towards Thorax

"I-i will try my best." Thorax said, bracing himself for what was to come.

"Your best is good enough." I say and give him a heartfelt smile towards him and he just smiles back

"Thank you." Thorax said, looking more at peace then he was before.

"Your welcome." I say, then we entered the throne room.

To be continued

Author's Note:

Edited by vector

Hope you all enjoyed that sorry if it's shorter than the rest alright then have a good night :twilightsmile: