• Published 27th Mar 2020
  • 5,417 Views, 166 Comments

Eric Sparkle and the Locket of Prophecies - Skywalker215



A little boy named Eric ends up in Equestria after making a magical wish for a better life and a family.

  • ...
6
 166
 5,417

Chapter 2: Meeting the Mane 6/Welcome Party

“Twilight, what’s up with Spike?” Eric asked.

“You see, Spike has a crush on Rarity, that’s why he makes googly eyes in her presence and also why he got her those roses,” Twilight explained.

The three of them made their way to Sweet Apple Acres for lunch, there, they met up with Applejack.

“Hi, Applejack,” Twilight said.

“Howdy, Twilight and Spike, who’s the young’un?” Applejack replied.

“This here is Eric,” said Twilight.

“Howdy, Eric, I’m Applejack,” the farm pony said to the boy.

“Uh.. hi, Applejack,” Eric replied.

The two new friends then met up with Rainbow Dash, who also came for lunch.

“Hi, Applejack, who’s the kid?” Rainbow said.

“Rainbow Dash, this here is Eric,” Applejack replied.

“Good to meet you, little buddy,” Rainbow said.

“Uh..same here, Rainbow Dash,” Eric replied.

Shortly before lunch was ready, Applejack introduced Eric to her family.

“Eric, this is here is my Granny Smith, my brother, Big Mac, my little sister, Apple Bloom, and my dog, Winona,” Applejack said.

“Good to meet you all,” said Eric.

“Pleasure to meet you too, young’un,” Granny Smith replied.

“Yep,” Big Mac said as usual.

“Howdy, Eric,” said Apple Bloom.

“That’s a pretty bow you have, and I like your mane,” Eric said to Apple Bloom.

“Thank you, I’m proud of it,” Apple Bloom replied.

Winona came up to Eric, but he hid behind Applejack, shaking in fear.

“Calm down, sugarcube, Winona is a nice, good dog,” Applejack said.

“The thing is, I’m uneasy around dogs,” Eric replied.

“You don’t have to worry about Winona, she’s just being friendly,” Applejack said reassuringly.

Soon, lunch was ready and everypony started eating.

“So, Twilight, where did you find Eric, and where did he come from?” Applejack asked.

“Last night, I found him in an alley, he was bruised, scarred, starved, cold, and very sad, and he came from a place called Washington,” Twilight explained.

“What was he sad about?” Rainbow asked.

“He said something about losing someone close to him and was abused,” Twilight replied.

“That’s just terrible,” Applejack said.

Rainbow Dash saw a note that said ‘I wish I had a mommy and a daddy,’ signed Eric.

“You and Applejack might want to read this note, Twilight,” said Rainbow Dash.

They looked closely at the note and they were somewhat surprised.

“Eric, we read your note, and we wanted to ask, why don’t you have any parents?” Twilight said.

“It’s because they died shortly after I was born, now I have no one to care for me and love me, for a year now, Mr. Horvath was in charge of the orphanage I lived in, called Twin Spruce and he’s only been mean to me,” Eric explained while staring to cry.

He rushed up to Twilight and cried deep into her chest.

“Shhh...it’s alright, sweetie, I’m here for you, we all are,” Twilight said in a motherly tone.

Twilight and Eric gently broke their embrace.

“I know how you feel, sugarcube, I lost my parents too, when I was a filly,” Applejack said.

“You’re lucky to have known your parents, Applejack,” Eric replied sadly.

As soon as lunch was over, Rainbow Dash left the farm.

“Later, little buddy,” she said as she zoomed away.

“Bye, big buddy,” Eric replied.

“Happy trails, y’all,” Applejack said

“See you soon, Applejack,” Eric replied.

After departing from Sweet Apple Acres, Twilight, Spike, and Eric made their way to a cottage near the edge of the Everfree Forest. Once there, Twilight knocked on the door and waited for it to be opened.

“Hi, Twilight, hi, Spike. Who’s that with you? He's so cute!” a yellow pony said as she opened the door.

“Hi, Fluttershy, this is Eric, he’s human,” Twilight replied.

“Hi, Eric. I’m Fluttershy,” said the yellow pegasus.

“It’s good to meet you,” Eric replied.

Meanwhile, at Sugarcube Corner, Pinkie, along with Mr. & Mrs. Cake, were busy making final preparations for the welcome party for Eric. Soon everypony in town got an invitation, especially the mayor, city hall was then full of decorations, including a welcome banner. Everything was in place and the lights were shut off.

Back at the cottage, Twilight had told Fluttershy about how she found Eric, and where he came from.

“Oh, poor little guy,” Fluttershy said.

“He had a terrible flashback last night, and now we need to go see the princesses, they’ll know what to do,” Twilight replied.

“Okay, bye, Twilight,” said Fluttershy.

“See you soon, Fluttershy,” Twilight replied.

As soon as they could, Twilight, Spike and Eric boarded the train bound for Canterlot, with tickets on hoof and claw. Once at the castle, they went to speak with the princesses, and were greeted by the guards, Eric hid behind Twilight’s foreleg, shaking in fear.

“It’s ok, sweetie, the guards are very nice,” Twilight said reassuringly.

“Right, thanks for the reminder,” Eric replied.

“Twilight, I presume you’re here on an urgent matter,” Princess Celestia said.

“I am, Princesses Celestia and Luna, this is Eric, he’s from a land called Washington,” Twilight replied.

“Hello, Eric and welcome to Equestria,” Princess Celestia said.

“Hi, Princess Celestia, hi, Princess Luna, I was told you can help me in my dreams, I had a very terrible one last night,” said Eric.

“Fear not, Eric, for I shall help you sleep well tonight,” Princess Luna replied.

“Thank you, Princess Luna, it was great to meet you too, Princess Celestia,” Eric said.

“The pleasure is all ours, Eric,” Princess Celestia replied.

Upon leaving the castle, Eric waved goodbye to the princesses, they did the same. He, along with Twilight, and Spike headed back to Ponyville, there, they went to the town hall. Eric noticed the lights were out and it was quiet as if it were empty.

“Surprise!” Pinkie shouted as she turned the lights on.

There was a hung-up banner that said ‘Welcome to Equestria’ on it.

“Twilight, is all this for me?” Eric asked.

“Yes, Pinkie wanted to throw you a welcome party, and almost everypony in town is here,” Twilight replied.

“Here are your new clothes, darling, I wanted to give them to you as a welcome gift,” Rarity said.

“Thank you, Rarity,” Eric replied.

“Howdy, Eric,” Apple Bloom said.

“Hi, Apple Bloom,” Eric replied.

She took Eric to meet up with her friends.

“Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, this here is Eric,” said Apple Bloom.

“Hi, Eric,” Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo said in unison.

“It’s good to meet you Scootaloo, you too, Sweetie Belle, I like your mane,” Eric replied.

“Aww, thank you, you’re rather cute,” said Sweetie Belle.

Eric blushed at this, since no one said that to him before. As the three fillies told him about their club and their goal, Twilight was with Rarity and the others.

“So, Twilight, where did you find Eric, and where did he come from?” Rarity asked.

“I found him last night in an alley, he was sad, starving, and cold, he came from a land called Washington, and he told me and the others that he lost his friend, Ted and he doesn’t have any parents. He was also abused by the head caretaker of his old orphanage,” Twilight explained.

“Oh, the poor darling,” Rarity replied.

Author's Note:

Good night, I’ll continue working on it tomorrow.