• Published 27th Mar 2020
  • 5,424 Views, 166 Comments

Eric Sparkle and the Locket of Prophecies - Skywalker215



A little boy named Eric ends up in Equestria after making a magical wish for a better life and a family.

  • ...
6
 166
 5,424

Chapter 10: Rising to Fame

It was November in Equestria, the first weekend of the month. Since Nightmare Night, Eric’s new friends; Nightshade, Zuni, Marina, and Slapstick, came to visit, per their parents’ approval. Holly also came to visit as usual. Storm Blade also moved in with Twilight. Spike and Eric were happy with this, especially since Eric and Storm began to bond.

“Hi, guys,” Eric said.

“Hi, Eric,” his friends said in unison.

Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo were also out and about, ready to have fun with Eric and the others.

“Howdy, Eric,” Apple Bloom said as she and the other two fillies waved at him.

“Hi, girls,” Eric replied.

Nightshade turned his attention to Apple Bloom. He began to blush heavily upon viewing her bow and red mane. Although Nightshade was a rich colt, he never payed much attention to any of the fillies back in Canterlot.

“Ya ok there, Nightshade?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Yes, you’re pretty for a farm filly, that’s a cute bow you have, and I like your mane,” Nightshade replied while blushing.

“Thank you, you’re really cute as well,” Apple Bloom said, also blushing.

Eric and his friends went back to the castle for lunch. There, they were each given a fruit salad, cheesy breadsticks and glasses of milk. As they were eating, Eric wanted to know more about his new friends.

“How long have you lived with Fleur and Fancy Pants?” Eric asked.

“They raised me since I was a baby,” Nightshade replied.

**FLASHBACK**

Seven years ago, it was a cold and rainy night, I was fast asleep in a woven basket wrapped up in a blanket, with a note on it. A severely injured kirin mare held the basket in her magic, trying to escape a hungry pack of timberwolves. She went up to a postal pony and gave the basket to him.

“Sir, can you please deliver this basket? There’s something precious in it,” the kirin mare asked.

“Yes, ma’am, right away,” the postal pony replied.

“Thank you,” the kirin said.

She ran until she was overpowered by the timberwolves.

The postal pony went up to the mansion, then knocked on the door, it was opened, revealing the owners.

“Fancy Pants and Fleur de Lis, I have a delivery for you,” the postal pony said as he set the basket on the doorstep.

As soon as the postal pony headed for his home, I woke up feeling wet and slightly cold, then started crying.

“Shh..you’re safe now, little one,” Fleur said in a comforting tone.

Mum and Dad looked at the note that had my name on it and read the message. They took me inside and got me cleaned up then warm in a crib built by the resident crafts-pony. My parents went to their chambers and turned in for the night.

“Sweet dreams, Nightshade, our little foal,” Fleur said, then gave him a good night kiss.

**END OF FLASHBACK**

“So that’s how my parents found me and I came into their lives,” Nightshade finished.

“Was the kirin mare your birth mother?” Holly asked.

“Yes, as far as what my parents heard from that postal pony, they often told me this story before I went to sleep,” Nightshade replied.

“Zuni, what’s it like in Jamareca?” Eric asked.

“Warm and humid all year, and full of nice ponies and zebras.” Zuni replied.

“I’m also the first kirin to attend the School for Gifted Unicorns, earlier this week, my class was learning about a magical object called the Locket of Prophecies,” Nightshade said, “I heard that it can show it’s user visions of the future.”

“Interesting, Princess Celestia must have high hopes for you, a magic locket that can show you the future is kinda cool,” Eric replied, then asked, “Mommy, what does ‘prophecy’ mean?”

“A prophecy is a vision of the future that is said to happen,” Twilight replied.

Soon after they were finished eating their lunch, Eric and his friends went to Sugarcube Corner. They ordered nine cupcakes for each of them; vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate. Nightshade had more than enough bits cover them. After finishing their cupcakes, they went to play in the park, when they overheard Hot Shot, Skywarp, and Thundercracker, the three colts were planning something.

“Remember, Glacio wants us to break into the Canterlot Library and get what information we can,” Hot Shot said to Thundercracker and Skywarp.

Eric and the others managed to stay out of sight and then followed the three colts to the train station. Nightshade, Zuni, Marina, and Slapstick bought their tickets, while Eric got on his broomstick with Holly holding on to him. He told Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo to inform Twilight were Eric was going, then the train left for Canterlot, Eric and Holly flew on his Nimbus 2005 alongside.

Once at Canterlot station, the six friends went to the castle. Then Eric left his broomstick by the front door.

“Guards, we need to see Princess Celestia right away,” Eric said.

The guards nodded in response, then opened the door. The six friends went straight to the throne room.

“Hi, Princess Celestia, hi, Princess Luna,” Eric said.

“Hi, Eric and Nightshade, who are your friends?” Celestia replied.

“This is Holly, Zuni, Marina, and Slapstick, and we need to talk to you,” Eric said.

“Good to meet you four, so what do you and your friends have to say?” Celestia asked.

“We overheard three colts named Hot Shot, Skywarp, and Thundercracker, they’re gonna break into the library, they’re under orders from someone named Glacio,” Eric replied.

“We think it has something to do with the Locket of Prophecies,” Nightshade added.

“Who exactly is Glacio?” Holly asked.

“Glacio was an alicorn pony with a heart and mind as black as night and as cold as ice, he was bent on taking over Equestria and plunging it into everlasting winter, but we soon found out his plan and used the Elements of Harmony to imprison him in the ice of the Crystal Mountains, he’s been in there for one thousand years, but now it is likely that he has returned, since we lost our connection to the elements,” Celestia explained.

“Possibly around the same time Discord broke free, it’s because of Discord that the Locket of Prophecies is missing,” Luna added.

“Where did it go?” Eric asked.

“It’s likely that it was sent to another land, if Glacio were to claim the locket, he would stay one step ahead of us and take us by surprise,” Luna replied. “however Celestia and I are concerned for your safety, for there’s also your age to consider.

“When we had a run in with Hot Shot, Skywarp, and Thundercracker on Nightmare Night, we held our own and were unharmed,” Marina said.

“Besides, there’s six of us and three of them,” Zuni added.

“Enough talking, we have a break-in to stop,” Eric said.

“Agreed, the six of you must get to the library and stop Glacio’s minions before they find any information,” Celestia replied.

Eric got on his broom, with his friends alongside him, went to the library immediately. There, they went to a storage room near the checkout. Marina, Slapstick, and even Nightshade tried to open it but it was locked.

“Allow me,” Eric said, “Alohomora.”

Once inside, they waited until Hot Shot, Skywarp, and Thundercracker entered. When that happened, Eric and his friends came out of the door, magically locked it and confronted the three colts.

“You six again?!” Hot Shot said.

“If your after any information here, you’ll have to go through us,” Eric replied.

Hot Shot tried to blast Eric, but it was futile.

“Protego!” Eric incanted.

“Holly, Marina, Slapstick, block off the history and magic sections,” Eric said.

“We’re on it,” the three of them said in unison.

As Eric, Nightshade, and Zuni faced off against Hot Shot, Skywarp, and Thundercracker, everypony in the library looked on rooting for them as they defended the library. The three colts tried to head for the history and magic sections, but Holly, Marina, and Slapstick were in their way. They immediately blocked the three colts’ every move and after a half hour long duel, they had Hot Shot, Skywarp, and Thundercracker surrounded, then chased and blasted them out of the library.

“Expelliarmus!” Eric incanted, it sent Hot Shot falling forward, then the three colts fled.

The six friends were met with a cheering crowd, among them were Fancy Pants and Fleur de Lis, Slapstick’s, Marina’s, and Zuni’s families.

“Nice meeting you, Eric. I’m Seawinkle and this here is my wife, Wavedancer,” the adult hippogriff said.

“I’m Zuma, here’s my husband, Zeff. Good to meet you, Eric,” said the zebra mare in a Jamarecan accent.

“And I’m Crackup, and this is my wife, Zany. Pleasure to meet you,” the adult satyr added.

Four of Eric’s friends were commended by their parents and siblings.

“I’m Riptide,” the young hippogriff said.

“And I’m Zippy,” the zebra colt added.

Nightshade, Marina, Zuni, and Slapstick went home with their families, while Eric and Holly got on the broom and went back to Ponyville. There, Holly returned to Whitetail Woods, then Eric walked home.

Author's Note:

Twilight is probably freaking out about Eric and his friends right now