• Published 27th Mar 2020
  • 5,405 Views, 166 Comments

Eric Sparkle and the Locket of Prophecies - Skywalker215



A little boy named Eric ends up in Equestria after making a magical wish for a better life and a family.

  • ...
6
 166
 5,405

Chapter 4: Visiting the Crystal Empire/First Day of School

Once at the Crystal Empire, Twilight and Eric made their way to the palace, meeting up with a familiar yellow pegasus guard.

“Flash, it’s good to see you again,” Twilight said while blushing.

“Same here, Twilight,” Flash replied.

“Flash Sentry, meet my son, Eric,” Twilight said.

He waved at the guard with eagerness.

“Good to meet you,” Flash said to Eric.

“Same here,” Eric replied.

Twilight and Eric proceeded to the throne room, with Flash escorting them, they accidentally bumped into a unicorn stallion. His eyes were dark blue and his coat was bright neon green, his mane and tail were reddish-brown, and his cutie mark was a heart with two crossed swords. He was roughly Twilight's age.

"Hi, Twilight. It's me, Storm Blade at your service," the stallion said, "You've always been the most beautiful mare I ever met."

He then kissed her hoof, Twilight blushed and giggled at his flirtatious gesture.

"It's great to see you again, Storm. We've been dating for a year now," Twilight replied.

"Glad you could come to visit, bro, this is Twilight's son, Eric," Flash said to Storm.

"Hi, Storm," Eric said.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, sport," Storm replied.

"How do you know my mommy?" Eric asked.

"I met her in magic school when I was a colt, I've helped her and her friends on numerous occasions, and we hung out at her coronation," Storm explained.

Once in the throne room, they saw off Flash and Storm and met up with Cadance and Shining Armor. The two princesses greeted each other in their usual jingle.

“Cadance and Shining Armor, this is Eric, your new nephew,” Twilight said.

“It’s good to meet you, Eric,” Princess Cadance said.

“Welcome to the Crystal Empire,” Shining Armor added.

“It’s good to meet you too,” Eric replied.

Cadance and Shining Armor gave him a tour of the palace from spire to base.

“Aunt Cadance, what is that thing?” Eric asked.

“That’s the Crystal Heart, it is meant to keep evil away,” Cadance replied.

“It also prevents the empire from becoming a frozen wasteland,” Shining Armor added.

“Uncle Shining, Aunt Cadance, can you please show me around the city?” Eric asked.

“Of course, sweetie,” Cadance replied.

Meanwhile, at the Carousel Boutique, Sweetie Belle was thinking about Eric, she had an enamored look on her face and let out a loving sigh.

“You’re surely in a good mood today, Sweetie Belle,” Rarity said.

“Oh, I was just thinking,” Sweetie Belle replied.

“Is this about Eric?” Rarity asked.

“Yes, he’s really sweet and cute as well,” Sweetie Belle replied.

“It’s pretty obvious that you have a crush on him,” said Rarity.

“No way, he was just being nice,” Sweetie Belle said while blushing.

“Admit it, you got a crush on him, and there’s nothing wrong with that,” Rarity replied.

“Okay, you got me, I want to tell him, but I’m a little nervous, he is new here after all,” Sweetie Belle explained.

“Considering all he’s been through, you should confess next time you see him, it ought to make him feel better,” Rarity said.

“Okay, Rarity, I’ll tell him how I feel,” Sweetie Belle replied.

Back at the Crystal Empire, it was late afternoon, Cadance and Shining Armor led him back to the palace.

“Uncle Shining, why is there a statue of Spike near the palace?” Eric asked.

“He saved the Crystal Empire from the evil King Sombra by bringing the Crystal Heart to the palace and it destroyed him, then again during the Equestria Games,” Shining Armor explained.

“Aunt Cadance, what are the Equestria Games?” Eric asked.

“Every four years, many competitors across Equestria compete in a variety of different sports,” Cadance replied.

“Maybe we could all go see the next Equestria Games as a family,” Eric said.

“We’ll look into it, sweetie,” Cadance replied as she hugged him.

They gently broke their embrace and went to rejoin Twilight.

“It was good to meet you, Uncle Shining and Aunt Cadance,” Eric said.

“It was great to meet you too, little nephew,” Shining Armor replied.

“We look forward to seeing you soon, sweetie,” Cadance added as they both gave him a wave, he waved in response.

Twilight and Eric boarded the train back to Ponyville, with tickets in hand and hoof. After nearly two hours, they reached the station and left the train.

“There’s one last thing I wanted to do for you, Eric,” Twilight said.

“What do you have in mind, mommy?” Eric asked.

“I’m going to enroll you in the school,” Twilight replied.

“I’m kinda nervous, I’m not sure if anyone will like me,” said Eric.

“It’s ok, sweetie. I’m pretty sure everypony at school will want to meet you. Besides, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo will be there, and you should try to make other friends there as well,” Twilight replied.

Once at the schoolhouse, they met up with Cheerilee.

“Hi, Twilight, what can I do for you?” she asked.

“I want to enroll my son, Eric at this school,” Twilight replied.

“Perfect timing, since tomorrow is Monday, it’s good to meet you, Eric,” Cheerilee said.

“Good to meet you too, Miss Cheerilee,” Eric replied.

As soon as Twilight completed the enrollment process, she and Eric were getting tired.

“I look forward to having you in class, see you tomorrow,” Cheerilee said.

“See you tomorrow, Miss Cheerilee,” Eric replied.

Twilight carried Eric back to the castle after a long day out.

“I’m getting hungry, mommy,” Eric said.

“Once we get home, I’ll have Spike cook us some spaghetti and tomato soup,” Twilight replied.

Twenty minutes later, Spike had just finished cooking dinner for the three of them. He, along with Twilight and Eric started eating immediately.

“This is really good. Thanks, mommy,” Eric said.

“You’re welcome, sweetie, I’m glad you like it,” Twilight replied.

As soon as they finished eating, Twilight and Eric got their teeth brushed and he put his PJ’s on. Afterwards, they went into their bed and pulled the blankets over them.

“Good night, Eric,” Twilight said, then kissed him on his head.

“Good night, mommy,” Eric replied.

Twilight wrapped her forelegs around him as usual, then drifted to sleep. The next morning, Twilight woke up and gently nudged her son.

“Morning, mommy,” Eric said as he opened his eyes.

“Good morning, Eric, it’s time for breakfast,” Twilight replied.

As usual, the three of them ate their eggs and pancakes.

“Thanks, Spike,” Eric said.

“You’re welcome,” Spike replied.

Once finished eating, Twilight walked Eric to school, making sure he new the way there. She gave him a lunch consisting of an apple, a box of milk, and honey on crackers, along with a pencil, quill and ink.

“Aren’t you forgetting something?” Twilight asked, Eric gave her a hug and a kiss on her cheek.

“Have a good day at school, sweetie. I’ll pick you up after, so you know the way home,” Twilight said.

“See you later, mommy,” Eric replied.

“Morning, Eric,” Cheerilee said.

“Hi, Miss Cheerilee,” Eric replied.

“Everypony, we have a new student today, this is Princess Twilight’s son, Eric,” said Cheerilee.

“Hi, Eric,” the other students greeted, except for Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon who were shocked to see a creature like him.

“Eric, over here, we saved you a seat,” Apple Bloom said as she and the other two crusaders waved at him.

“Thanks, girls,” Eric replied.

He got in his seat and was all ears for the first lesson. He did not notice that Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were giving him mean looks. Two hours went by and it was time for lunch and recess.