• Published 15th Dec 2011
  • 10,556 Views, 431 Comments

Discordant Feelings - cartuneslover19



Though the events of Discord are behind them, Twilight still thinks about the spirit of disharmony. Thoughts kept to herself, she realizes t

  • ...
51
 431
 10,556

Flutterrage

"Okay, so maybe I acted a little out of place yesterday," Twilight said, not tearing her eyes away from her book.

"A little?" Spike scoffed as he dusted the shelves. "You made Pinkie Pie look normal!"

Twilight blushed furiously before raising her eyes to look at the baby dragon. "Look, it was a wonderful, rainy day, and I wanted to enjoy it. Cherish it." That word flew out of her mouth like a certain pegasus going at zero to sixty per second.

"And I assume you wanted to 'cherish' the chocolate milk you chugged in one gulp as well?" Spike asked, a sly smirk on his face.

Twilight's face had grown an even darker shade of red as she averted her eyes. True, she acted completely out of place yesterday, which raised some questions from her friends about whether she was Twilight Sparkle or not. However, they had all been joking and were actually intrigued by her sudden change of personality. Pinkie Pie did mention that she wished it would rain every day for Twilight to act like that.

"I was thirsty and no way was I going to take a drink of rain!" Twilight responded defensively. However, though it wasn't entirely a lie, she had stuck her tongue out, having imagined those clouds raining chocolate milk before Applejack drew her out of her thoughts...

The unicorn gave her mane a flip, indicating her slight annoyance with having been reminded of the events that occurred yesterday, all focused on her. The one time she acts like a kid, she raises some eyebrows about it! Well, that was what she received for being the perfect example of a mature, intelligent, organized pony...

"Can we just drop this and move on with this new day?" Twilight asked, turning back to her book. "I mean, it's already been ten days, one hour, and twenty-four minutes!"

Spike stopped his dusting and looked back at the unicorn, raising an eyebrow. "Ten days? Ten days since what?"

Twilight's eyes widened in sudden realization and immediately tried to hide her now increased blush from her assistant. "Uh..." She bit her lip. "Nothing! Just like counting the days is all!" Her voice sounded child-like and squeaky when she spoke. "You know, ten days since...since...since whatever!" She gave a nervous chuckle, trying hard to smile at him.

"Okay..." Spike's voice trailed off as he continued dusting. However, he stopped again when he turned back, noticing Twilight had taken out her private journal. "You know...you've been writing in that journal of yours for some time now." He played with the duster in his hands. "So...what have you been writing about?"

Twilight wheeled toward his direction, nearly startling him. The expression on her face made him shudder.

"Spike!" Her voice was calm yet firm. "You should know better than to figure out a pony's personal, written thoughts! And pardon me for saying this, but that is definitely a lame way of doing so!"

Spike gave an apologetic smile. "Sorry, I'm just so curious! I mean, you've been writing in that journal for so many days now! And it hadn't caught my interest until that day you returned from Cloudsdale and ran up to your room to write in it!"

Twilight's face fell as she recalled that day. High up in Cloudsdale where her hooves met soft, pillow-like clouds...and she had reminded herself of him.

"Well, I did experience why Rainbow Dash likes those clouds so much," she said, a small smile on her face, having forgotten the conversation. "They're very plush." Her eyes widened slightly before turning back to Spike. "Well, I haven't written in my journal since the Galloping Gala, and it's always good to spend time with certain things of our interests."

"Like the stain glass windows we made a few days back?" Spike asked.

"You can remember stain glass windows yet you don't even remember about D-" Twilight began but immediately cut off when she realized she had nearly given her inner thoughts away. She smiled nervously. "Yes, just like the stain glass windows."

"Yeah, those fillies sure were great to clean up after themselves," Spike chuckled. "Honestly, maybe you should hire them to be your clean-up crew."

"I don't need a crew to clean up this house, Spike," Twilight chuckled, "I have you."

"Let's just hope I don't end up with a huge crafts problem again," Spike grumbled, "paper still stuck to the table even after they cleaned up."

"Well, they don't call it super glue for nothing," she laughed as she closed her journal. She turned from her desk and trotted past him. "I'm going to go out for a bit. You need anything?"

"Cotton candy cupcakes?" He asked hopefully, his mouth watering.

"Oh, sorry," she told him with a sad smile, "the Cakes still haven't brought any cotton candy yet." Her heart sank when she saw the look of disappointment on the baby dragon's face. "But hey," she ushered him softly. "I'll bring you some muffins. How's that?"

"Almost better," he smiled gratefully. "Will you at least put pink frosting on them?"

"Of course, Spike."
_

Twilight gazed up at the clear blue sky as she trotted into the center of Ponyville. That conversation/argument she had with Spike earlier had her pondering about her inner thoughts regarding a certain Draconequus.

How could her friends have suddenly forgotten what took place not too long ago? Had the events that happened been so devastating and frightening that each of her friends had vowed to fight and destroy those memories? Sure, their friendship almost having been destroyed under chaos and disharmony was a scary memory to look back on, but certainly any of Twilight's friends could recall the victory as well as the beginning of their quest...

"How come I'm the only one who remembers?" Twilight couldn't help but question herself, though quietly as she past by a few ponies. "And I remember so well..."

Of course, she was the leader of her friends, and had the most powerful element of all. She was the one who pulled her friends together through all the complications before fully restoring harmony.

And Discord had bothered her the most.

Twilight rolled her eyes, recalling the many times that Discord had invaded her personal space, from becoming so close to her face in mockery to clutching her under his lion paw. The unicorn shivered, never being able to let go of the way he held her like that...

But putting aside those thoughts, Twilight wondered if she could bring up his name again. Her mind had been so clouded with memories of the Draconequus that it was nearly driving her insane. But on the other hoof, it was creating realization.

That she did feel sorry for him. Especially after turning him into stone as he had been before.

With that thought in mind, the unicorn knew she couldn't just keep her thoughts to herself. She needed to confess to her friends, or at least one of them.

As Twilight watched ponies around her carry on with their business, she pondered about which one of her friends could be a possibility.

Applejack.

She was a strong, honest Earth pony who just wanted to keep her friends together. Having been the first to be influenced under Discord's manipulation, it was under the fear of losing her friends that she lied through her teeth. Twilight knew how sorry and ashamed she was for her actions during those events, having been so easily tricked by the mischievous Draconequus.

Though there had not been much interaction between Applejack and Discord during the events, Twilight couldn't imagine having to discuss the matter with her. As compatible as Applejack was, she would stamp her hoof in anger if Twilight even mentioned his name. No doubt she still couldn't see past him, infuriated for what he almost did to their friendship and such.

She would definitely be honest if she declared she hated him.

Rarity.

The other unicorn showed great dislike in the Draconequus as soon as he took away her horn along with Twilight's. However, it wasn't losing her horn that made Rarity disgusted with him.

It was when he had tricked her into thinking a large rock was actually a massive, flawless diamond. Or 'Tom', as a influenced Rarity had called it during those events.

Twilight knew Rarity could never discuss Discord without turning her nose in irritation, having felt both shocked and embarrassed about being put through a 'dirty job' and hauling around a giant rock. When Twilight had used the memory spell to bring her back, Rarity was quick to rant about how dirty her hooves were and how ruined her mane was. And when she finally realized there was a huge rock in her house that was dirtying her floor, the white unicorn had broken into a small rage before quickly pushing 'Tom' out her door.

No, talking to Rarity about Discord was out of the question. The other unicorn would continuously complain about how 'un-gentleman'-like he was to a lady like her and such...

Pinkie Pie.

Twilight had almost considered the pink pony to be a likely candidate. Almost.

Though Pinkie Pie enjoyed the cotton candy clouds and chocolate rain Discord had summoned, there was still that tiny amount of hatred within the usually bubbly pony. Though she showed no signs of it, Twilight was quick to feel worry and distrust from Pinkie Pie when Discord first appeared.

Though Pinkie Pie's Element of Laughter was his favorite out of the six, he still manipulated her to the point where he made her believe that laughter was hurtful. Though Twilight had not been there when it happened, Pinkie had described the event as considerably fun and wonderful and happy...and then it went down to sad and depressing.

How stunned Pinkie was to realize how harsh she had been while under Discord's influence. Though she had been fine after Twilight placed the memory spell on her, and she had been laughing in hysterics about being gray, the unicorn knew there was that small hint of anger in the pink pony.

And how could Twilight forget Pinkie Pie's last encounter with the chocolate rain before defeating Discord? Sure, the pink pony had been desperate for one last drink of chocolate milk, even gargling and getting her mane wet as she slurped as much as she could get. But afterwards, taking her position with the others as they stood before the Draconequus, she showed her true rage.

Twilight would never forget the way Pinkie bared her teeth at Discord, more eager than ever to finish him off. Though having chocolate rain was wonderful, the thought of not having friends to share it with was despicable. Pinkie Pie's friendship was more important than chocolate milk she could easily buy at some nearby shop...

And to imagine discussing Discord with her, Twilight was quick to conclude that Pinkie Pie would ramble on about how mean he was and how his idea of fun was 'not fun at all'. And she would reach no end about the chocolate rain, driving their conversation pointless.

Rainbow Dash.

Twilight immediately considered her a most unlikely candidate.

As loyal and true as Rainbow Dash was, Twilight knew the pegasus was not a patient pony. Nor would she spare a 'kind' word regarding the Spirit of Disharmony.

All the anger and rage that bubbled through her, from losing her wings to being manipulated to desert her friends, Rainbow Dash would never have shown Discord any mercy if she had taken the opportunity she missed at the labyrinth to strike hooves against the mixed creature.

Twilight would never forget how horrified and concerned her winged friend had been after the memory spell had been used on her. Rainbow Dash had been so worried about everything, ashamed that she had given in to Discord's tricks and left her friends. She almost looked like she wanted to cry...

And those near-tearful eyes had slitted into an expression of complete hatred as she lined with Twilight and the others, bringing the Elements of Harmony into effect.

And she had been the first one to brag to Discord's stone face about never messing with 'Ponyville's Best Flyer'. Her tone of anger mixed with the strong words of hostility toward the frozen Draconequus was a little shocking. And she even blew a raspberry at him, half-wishing to see his annoyed expression. As touched as Twilight was that the loyal pegasus was even more protective of her friends, she thought Rainbow Dash had been a little harsh.

And no doubt she would be harsh the moment Discord's name flew out of Twilight's mouth.

That left only-

As soon as Twilight opened the door of Sugarcube Corner she nearly collided with a light pink mane.

"Oof!" A soft, child-like voice exclaimed.

"Fluttershy!" Twilight cried in horror. "Oh, my gosh! I'm so sorry!"

The yellow pegasus shook her head to clear of her recent impact and smiled assuringly at the unicorn. "Don't worry, Twilight," she spoke softly, "it was an accident. I know you would never mean to on purpose."

Twilight blew a sigh of relief, her friend's sweet tone making her smile. "So, you buying anything here as well?" She asked as Fluttershy moved aside for her to enter the bakery.

"Just some cookies and a small snack," Fluttershy replied. "I really do love muffins."

"What a coincidence," Twilight chuckled as she made her way over to the register. "I was going to get Spike that." She smiled up at Mrs. Cake. "A dozen muffins please. And also, you think you might add pink frosting on top?"

"Oh, your cotton candy cupcakes..." Mrs. Cake sighed. "Everypony loved those!"

"Yeah, Spike really misses those," Twilight chuckled.

As Mrs. Cake went into the kitchen to get Twilight's order, the unicorn turned and smiled at Fluttershy. A relieved smile.

Of course! Fluttershy! Out of all the ponies she would be the most understanding! She was, of course, the Element of Kindness!

Though Twilight had not been there when Fluttershy was placed under Discord's power, the yellow pegasus had explained how angry and frustrated Discord was for some reason when she was just being certain about her friends. What Twilight would give to have seen that look on Discord's face...

He turned her shy friend into a total brute, the unicorn would never forget. And Fluttershy was so ashamed that she had done such a thing, but she was comforted about the matter and her remorse turned to fury at the Draconequus. Twilight rarely seen Fluttershy mad, and the pegasus had been downright furious over what Discord had done to her friends and home.

But she couldn't be angry now! Fluttershy was just too kind! And maybe she could easily be forgiving...

"Uh, Twilight?" Fluttershy spoke softly, raising an eyebrow at the way her friend was staring at her. "Are you alright? Your staring at me is starting to worry me..."

Twilight realized that the relived smile was still plastered on her face and she quickly shook her head, clearing her thoughts before giving her shy friend an apologetic grin.

"Sorry," she said, "just good to bump into you is all. Not literally, I mean!" She added quickly, worried for Fluttershy's sensitivity.

"Oh, no worries then," Fluttershy said, sharing a smile.

Twilight felt her heart leap with hope. Fluttershy was just too nice for words! She was definitely the pony Twilight needed to speak to. But how to start...

"Here are you muffins, dear!" Mrs. Cake said as she placed a huge box in front of the unicorn. "Oh, and Fluttershy, here are those cookies you've been waiting patiently for." And she set another box in front of her.

"Thank you, Mrs. Cake," Fluttershy said sweetly. "Mmm! They smell delicious."

Twilight opened her box and smiled to see bright, pink frosting glisten atop every muffin. One muffin seemed to have more frosting than another, but she decided to ignore that. Spike would be so happy to get these!

As soon as Mrs. Cake went back into the kitchen to help her husband, Fluttershy turned to Twilight. "Twilight, would you like to come to my house for tea?"

Bingo.

Twilight's eyes widened, her mouth breaking into a wide grin. "I would love to!" She exclaimed blissfully. She needed to keep herself under control, considering her response seemed to have surprised the yellow pegasus. "Uh, yeah, I'd love to..." Twilight spoke again, her voice more quiet and gentle this time.

After gathering their goods, the two ponies exited out of the bakery, on their way to Fluttershy's home. While Fluttershy led the way, Twilight tried to keep her exuberant attitude from showing. The unicorn just wanted to do summersaults, knowing she could finally release her innermost thoughts and feelings with the one pony she knew would understand. Even if the discussion would regard Discord.
_

Twilight smiled as they neared Fluttershy's domain. Passing by rabbits, birds, and other animals, the unicorn's smile widened as they crossed the bridge toward the front door. As excited as she was, Twilight needed to calm the hay down. Fluttershy was completely unaware of what was to be discussed over tea.

Once entering Fluttershy's home, Twilight placed her box of muffins on a nearby table before gazing around the living room. Clean, organized, simple yet beautiful, she kept her mind occupied with interior design interests while the yellow pegasus set right to work setting up for their tea time.

Twilight turned to watch Fluttershy drape a cloth over their table before placing her tea set atop. Her rabbit Angel assisted her as well as the tiny creature placed a vase of flowers between their tea cups.

"Thank you, Angel," Fluttershy said softly before giving the rabbit a thankful nudge with her nose. "Here's a little something for your trouble." And she handed him a carrot. She laughed softly as Angel's eyes sparkled and his mouth drooled before scurrying out the door.

Twilight felt her heart melt, always so touched to see Fluttershy always being so kind, especially to her dear animal friends. Talking about Discord was going to be easy!

But the unicorn needed to slow down and remain silent about the Draconequus as she and Fluttershy took their seats, the pot of tea whiffing a calm aroma. Twilight licked her lips, gazing at the plate of purchased cookies between them. Oh, how even more delicious it smelled after being taken out of the oven...

"So how is your day, Twilight?" Fluttershy began as she poured the unicorn some tea.

The two ponies chatted about anything that came to mind. Fluttershy talked about her recent appointments regarding giving creatures medical attention. Twilight talked about books she had been reading, spells she had practiced, and letters to and from Princess Celestia. She even spoke about Spike's desperation to know about her journal.

"Oh, my," Fluttershy's eyes widened a bit before sipping her cup. "He's quite curious, isn't he?"

"Very," Twilight rolled her eyes before biting into what might have been her fifth cookie. "I locked my journal extra tight before I left the house."

"Well, I don't mean to call Spike a bad baby dragon," Fluttershy said in a quiet tone, "but he shouldn't be trying to figure out what you write. That's very private, and I'm sure whatever you wrote is extra private, Twilight."

You have no idea...Twilight thought with a tight smile.

Her dear pegasus friend spoke so gently, her thoughts and words soft as honey, the unicorn knew that this was the right time to bring him up. Though Twilight was nervous, she was desperate to let out her inner thoughts to the one pony she knew would not boil over as the others would.

Setting her cup down, Twilight cleared her throat, causing Fluttershy to look up at her in slight surprise. "So, Fluttershy..." Twilight began in a calm, seemingly nonchalant tone as she regarded her friend with slightly curious eyes. "Do you still not remember the events that happened not too long ago?"

Fluttershy raised a delicate eyebrow in confusion. "Events? What events?"

Twilight gulped, but she kept her head high, a determined smile on her face. "You know...regarding...the elements..." Her voice trailed off, mentally slapping herself for not immediately opening up the big topic.

"The elements?" Fluttershy repeated. Then she pondered a bit. "I think I remember...my mind has been a bit fuzzy after...something..." She looked at Twilight apologetically. "How long has it been?"

Twilight eyes lowered, saddened that her dear pegasus friend was as forgetful as the others. How come everypony immediately put recent memories behind them and not Twilight? Was her mind really that sharp compared to most ponies?

"Ten days, three hours, and five minutes," she declared boldly, idly touching her empty tea cup on the table.

Fluttershy gazed at her curiously. "Well, you've counted the time so well..." She observed quietly. "It must be something so important. Oh, dear! How could I forget something so important?" She exclaimed timidly.

Twilight smiled a little, feeling as hopeful as she had been earlier. "It's okay, Fluttershy," she assured her softly, "everypony seemed to have forgotten as well." She averted her eyes. "And considering you're the most understanding out of them all...I think maybe I should speak to you, and only you, about this matter."

The pegasus shivered a bit, as if she would be questioned for a crime. But she gazed at Twilight closely, curious as ever to know what exactly the intelligent unicorn would discuss. Fluttershy gave a small nod.

"Okay," she said, her voice sounding so child-like. "Whatever you need to talk about Twilight, I'll listen."

"Great!" Twilight exclaimed, unable to keep her excitement hidden any longer. She gave an apologetic smile when she saw how startled Fluttershy was from her outburst. "Anyway, where to start...?" The unicorn began, tapping a hoof to her chin nervously.

The moment having finally arrived, Twilight's mind seemed scattered, desperately trying to figure out how exactly she would bring up what she had been hoping to say since bumping into Fluttershy at Sugarcube Corner. There were just so many things Twilight wanted to say at once: wonder, guilt, sympathy, frustration, and admiration...all centered on a certain Draconequus.

Narrowing her mind down to simplicity, Twilight took a deep breath before gazing at her curious friend.

"Ten days ago," the unicorn began carefully, "you'd recall someone by the name of...Discord?"

Heart thumping with anticipation, Twilight watched closely at the yellow pegasus, awaiting for anything.

As Fluttershy slowly absorbed the name, her innocent eyes widened slightly and her lips formed in an 'O' shape. Twilight couldn't stop the excited grin from spreading across her face as she watched the familiarity flash through the pegasus' face. This was just the kind of reaction Twilight had expected.

Still grinning, Twilight's eyes softened as she prepared to continue on with the new discussion regarding the Spirit of Disharmony, Fluttershys's widened eyes making the unicorn even more confident.

Suddenly, those widened eyes narrowed. And the pegasus bared her teeth.

It was Twilight's turn to be surprised, horrified even. This was not the kind of reaction she had expected.

"Discord?" Fluttershy said, her soft tone carrying rough edges. "The one that nearly hurt all of you? The one that turned me into a bully? The one that made you cry, Twilight?"

Twilight's eyes widened even more, stunned by her shy friend's sudden change in attitude. "Well, he didn't exactly mean to make me cry..." The unicorn spoke timidly, her heart sinking ever so slowly. "He just-"

"He just tried to make you feel so sad and alone!" Fluttershy's voice screeched.

Twilight nearly fell out of her seat, so surprised by Fluttershy's change of voice. Her soft, honey-like calmness was now replaced by loud, sharp rage. Fluttershy took no notice of her friend becoming scared as the yellow pegasus glared down at her cup.

"He hurt us!" She declared, her screech becoming 'softer'. "He tricked me into hurting you guys! Especially you, Twilight!" She finally looked up at the scared unicorn. "He led me to throw a bucket on your head!"

"I...I..." Twilight was a loss for words, her purple eyes gazing at the pegasus in disbelief.

"Oh, what he had done to our home..." Fluttershy's tone shifted to slight softness, anger still present at the back of her throat. "To our dear Ponyville...to the animals..."

Twilight gulped. How could she forget Fluttershy's rabbits having been given long, deer-like legs during the reign of Discord's chaos? She had been trampled by them...

"It...it's not like he intended to hurt your rabbits, Fluttershy," Twilight managed to say, however, keeping her distance in sense that the pegasus would blow up again.

And Fluttershy did. "But he did intend to hurt you!" She boomed, nearly toppling the tea set over. "And I laughed at it! That was so mean of me!"

Twilight leaned back, her eyes glistening. By now, her hope finally dropped harder than an apple falling far from a tree. She had been so sure that Fluttershy, out of all the ponies, would take the name of Discord calmly and with no complications.

This discussion was beyond complicated as the yellow pegasus rambled on about Discord's tricks and how sad and sorry she was for what she had done under his influence.

"Oh, that Discord really is not a good guy!" She exclaimed hotly. Her cheeks became red with her rage as she lowered her eyes, her mind in complete focus on the one creature that had turned her into a bully during the events.

Twilight remembered the exact look on her face from during the balloon flight when they chased after Rainbow Dash. Fluttershy's face of rage was actually terrifying. Twilight had never seen her this mad since...since...since the night of the Galloping Gala!

"That..." Fluttershy began, her eyes narrowing as she recalled such memories. "That...big...dumb..."

Twilight thought she felt something wet around the corner of her eye as she gazed at her usually-calm friend in horror.

"Meanie!" Fluttershy screeched, her voice ringing throughout her usually quiet home.

In an act of desperation, Twilight quickly leaned toward the raging pegasus, her horn lighting up. Sparks emerged like fireworks as the heartbroken unicorn's eyes tightened, her mind completely focused despite being filled with regret.

Fluttershy stopped her rant, having taken notice of her friend's magic. She gasped in fear when a bright light shone in her eyes-

A few moments later...

Twilight panted as she laid her head against her side of the table. The sparks having ceased from her horn, the unicorn breathed heavily as her purple eyes glazed over at the yellow pegasus. Fluttershy shook her head before blinking. She looked over at Twilight, confused by how exhausted she appeared.

"I'm sorry," Fluttershy spoke, her voice having returned to the soft, honey-like tone it always had. "I think my mind was fuzzy for a few seconds. What happened, Twilight?"

The unicorn raised her head and looked at the pegasus. Despite her disappointment, she managed a smile. A sad one.

"Nothing happened, Fluttershy," she lied sadly. "We were just having tea and talking for a while..." She immediately stood up from her seat. "And it seems I overdid my stay!"

Before Fluttershy could say anything, the unicorn raced over to the table where she left her box of muffins. Her back turned, Twilight was grateful Fluttershy couldn't see her eyes becoming wet.

"I really enjoyed the tea and cookies, Fluttershy!" Twilight tried to make her voice sound cheerful, not daring to turn to look at the confused pegasus. "But I think I better get home now! Spike might really want his muffins now!"

"Well, okay, Twilight," Fluttershy nodded in understanding. "Hope Spike doesn't-"

"Bye!" Twilight said before galloping out the door.
_

Twilight just kept galloping, her magic used to hold the box of muffins as she ran. As soon as she was out of Fluttershy's home, away from the curious gazes of all her animals friends in their little homes, the unicorn finally released her tears. They poured down the sides of her face as she kept running, unable to stifle the small sob from escaping her mouth.

She had been so sure that Fluttershy was the right pony to turn to...to talk about Twilight's thoughts regarding Discord. She thought Fluttershy would understand.

How wrong Twilight was. To think somepony as kind and gentle as Fluttershy would show strong dislike for the Draconequus...Twilight wasn't sure where her hope would lie in now.

Not that she even had any hope anymore. As soon as Fluttershy's rage was revealed, before Twilight could even muster the courage to speak her thoughts on Discord, the unicorn's heart shattered. Fluttershy was still angry at Discord, possibly possessing more anger than Rainbow Dash...

Big, dumb, meanie...

While Twilight was touched that Fluttershy felt remoresful for being influenced under Discord's magic and being quite the brute to her friends, the unicorn was still so horrified that the usually shy pegasus would sound so unforgiving of it. Her voice was frightening, her rage was terrifying...and all because Twilight mentioned Discord's name.

To imagine what would have happened if all her friends still remembered those events...Twilight quickly destroyed those thoughts, Fluttershy being the only example the unicorn needed to realize how grateful she should be that her friends could forget so easily...

She felt like a complete fool for reminding Fluttershy of those terrible events, and the way Discord had used his powers on the innocent pegasus. Twilight even felt like she just failed herself as she watched Fluttershy rant, the pegasus' rage nearly leading Twilight to burst into tears right in front of her.

Thankfully, she learned a spell to fix all that...

More tears fell as Twilight recalled the memory erasing spell she had used on her friend. Though she had mastered it, Twilight never dared use the spell on any of her friends, feeling like it would be completely dishonest of herself to make her friends forget things, even bad ones.

But she had quickly made an exception, for the sake of Fluttershy's sanity. And, perhaps, for Discord's sake as well...

Twilight's running ceased to a certain pace as she neared her library house. As soon as she walked up to the door, the unicorn quickly wiped away any leftover tears and smoothed her mane. Taking a few breaths, she held her head high before opening the door.

Spike was curled on the floor, having fallen asleep from doing his chores. Despite her recent sadness and disappointment, Twilight had to smile at the sight of him. Quietly closing the door behind her, she made her way over to a nearby table and placed the box of muffins in front of her. As soon as she opened the top, Spike slowly stirred from his rest.

"Twilight?" He asked groggily, rubbing his eyes. He blinked a few times before smiling to see his good friend. "Did you bring the muffins?"

Twilight turned to him, giving an honest smile. "And with the pink frosting I promised."

The baby dragon immediately got to his feet and raced over to the table. He smacked his lips hungrily as he gazed at the promised treats. He turned to Twilight, smiling to show how grateful he was. However, the smile turned to a slight frown of confusion as he raised an eyebrow at her.

"Hey, Twilight..." He said, his voice sounding worried. "Are you okay?"

Twilight stiffened a bit, however, she kept herself together as she tried to look unaware. "What do you mean?"

"Well..." He began, still gazing at her. "You seem to have a little water...right here..." He reached up with his tiny arm, pointing to the side of Twilight's right eye.

The unicorn's eyes widened before she placed a hoof to the side of her face. It was a tear. A fresh one.

Spike watched as she quickly wiped the tear away. "Twilight, is something wrong?"

"Of course not!" She insisted, startling him. "I just ran all the way from Fluttershy's house! Must have got something in my eye on the way!" She smiled as big as she could, trying her hardest to assure her number one assistant.

"Okay..." Spike said slowly. He turned back to the muffins, his frown reverting back to a smile. "Boy, these look so delicious!"

"Enjoy, Spike," Twilight said, slowly backing away from the hungry baby dragon. "Eat as much as you want!" And with that said, she quickly ran up the stairs to her bedroom.
_

Throwing herself unto her bed, Twilight couldn't stop the new tears from falling down her cheeks.

She was alone in this. Alone in remembering Discord for who he was and what he could have been. If Fluttershy couldn't understand, what pony would?

Twilight had fought herself countless times whether or not to tell Princess Celestia about her thoughts on the Spirit of Disharmony. Every message Twilight wanted to send to her ended up torn up and thrown away. The princess truly despised Discord, no doubt about it. And to bring up Discord's name to her...Twilight shuddered at the thought as she buried herself within her bed sheets.

Princess Celestia was a kind-hearted pony. She just wanted to protect her kingdom from chaos and disorder. She just wanted her faithful student and her friends safe. And Fluttershy...she was the kindest pony Twilight had ever met. She just had great concern for her friends, easily frightened by the mere thought of what could happen to any of them. And she displayed that through her rage when Twilight spoke Discord's name right in front of her face...

Her journal. Where was her journal?

Twilight slowly emerged from her bed and slowly gazed down the stairs. She saw Spike munch happily on his muffins, his face coated with pink frosting. The unicorn's eyes shifted over to where her desk was. There laid her journal.

Ever-so-quietly, without Spike noticing, Twilight used her magic to summon her prized writing material. A soft glow surrounded the journal, and it slowly floated off the desk, heading straight up the stairs to a relieved unicorn.

Her journal safe in her hooves once more, Twilight lay on her bed before opening it. Luckily, she always stored extra quills and ink in her room. She flipped to a blank page while dipping her new quill into a bottle. Finally, she started writing.

The scent of pink-frosted muffins has made this difficult day a little easier...All I can say is that I will NEVER mention Discord to any of friends. Ever. Especially to Fluttershy.

I really thought she was the one pony I could turn to about this...I'm just glad I mastered the memory erasing spell.

In conclusion, Discord remains remembered only by me. I don't hate him...at least, I don't think I do. I can't stop thinking about him, that's for sure.

Pausing her writing, Twilight turned and gazed out her window. Her eyes glistened as they had done earlier, but she refused to shed anymore tears. Instead, she closed her eyes and lowered her head, her mane covering her saddened face.

"I'm sorry, Discord..." She said softly.
_