• Published 15th Dec 2011
  • 10,550 Views, 431 Comments

Discordant Feelings - cartuneslover19



Though the events of Discord are behind them, Twilight still thinks about the spirit of disharmony. Thoughts kept to herself, she realizes t

  • ...
51
 431
 10,550

Honest Words and Generous Chaos

Spike slowly opened the door of Sugarcube Corner and gazed at the clear blue sky as the sun shone down upon Ponyville. With a sigh of relief, the baby dragon left the door open before turning back to the rest of the occupants that had taken shelter in the shop last night.

"That was some storm," he commented, watching as Rainbow Dash flapped her wings while yawning and stretching.

"Sure was, partner," Applejack sighed. She turned and gave a grateful smile to the Cakes, who had put their babies atop their booster seats. "Thanks again for letting us stay here at last minute."

"Oh, it's no problem, dear," Mrs. Cake smiled at the blonde pony before she resumed trying to feed her daughter. "Pumpkin...Pumpkin, please eat up..."

But her orange-haired foal continued acting stubborn as it babbled before using its tiny magic to flip the spoon of baby food right at her mother. Both she and Pound Cake laughed as the mess dribbled down their mother's chin.

Rainbow Dash stifled a laugh. "You know, if Twilight were here," she blurted out without thinking, "she'd talk about how babies need to be taught basic manners and stuff and-" She immediately cut herself off, placing a hoof over her mouth. She shifted her eyes over to the other Elements of Harmony, smiling nervously.

"Too late," Spike choked as he lifted a finger to his eyes to wipe away new tears as his bottom lip quivered.

"Oh, Spike," Fluttershy cooed sadly as she leaned down and nuzzled her face against his. "We'll find her, don't worry."

"Yeah," Rainbow Dash tried to cheer him up, "another day of searching, remember?" She lifted a hoof in the air just in time when Pound Cake had flapped his wings and zoomed right out of his seat, much to Mr. Cake's dismay. The rainbow-haired pegasus gently clutched the baby in her hooves as she gave Spike an assuring smile. "The Wonderbolts will find her."

"If not, those nice ponies from Canterlot will!" Pinkie Pie added, her smile brightening as she shone it in front of the distressed baby dragon.

"Nice?" Applejack asked in a doubtful tone as she gazed at the pink pony with a raised eyebrow.

"Okay, so they're a bunch of party poopers..." Pinkie scoffed as she rolled her eyes. "But still, at least they're helping!"

"Where are Twilight's parents?" Fluttershy asked nervously.

"Assisting the princesses back at the castle," Spike answered, rubbing his hands together in anxiety. "Man, Twilight's parents have been going non-stop, trying to help the princesses with anything to get their daughter back."

"Oh, the poor darlings!" Rarity gasped dramatically, placing a hoof over her forehead and looking as if to faint.

"Last time I saw Twilight's dad," Mr. Cake sighed as he pushed small table with treats toward them, "the poor guy was nearly ripping his hair out when he failed a communication spell to somehow feel his daughter's thoughts." He lowered his head sadly. "And Mrs. Sparkle couldn't stop crying when she failed as well."

"Oh, dear," Mrs. Caked sighed as she held Pumpkin under one hoof while regarding her husband sadly, "I just can't imagine what it would be like to have your own child kidnapped by some...some..." She bit her lip as she gently nuzzled Pumpkin's head, fear taking over half her mind as the little unicorn gurgled.

"Brute!" Rarity spat, flipping her mane in disgust.

"Brute smute!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed with a roll of her eyes. She flapped her wings angrily, raising herself above the others. "Come on, guys!" And with that said, she zoomed past the other ponies and flew out the door into the clear blue sky, intending to meet up with Soarin' and the other Wonderbolts for any news.
_

After observing the room, Twilight finally mustered up enough courage to go through the large, carpet-covered door and see where she was. After waking up earlier, she noticed the chair beside her bed where Discord once slept was empty. The unicorn was surprised as well as a little anxious as to wonder why the Draconequus didn't stay around long enough for her to wake up so he would greet her in his most chaotic kind of way.

After passing through a long hallway that was made of a garden of flowers and cloud trees, Twilight wondered where he was at all. She was no longer wearing her 'safety armor'; seemed Discord had magically removed them when he rescued her from the rain. And it seemed he was actually very considerate seeing as Twilight's bag had been placed next to her bed when she woke up. The unicorn left the bag in the bedroom, just floating beside her the more important things she would need if she was going to try and relax: quills, ink, and her journal.

"Ah, I see you're awake."

Twilight yelped, hearing that deep, smooth tone as she nearly dropped her materials. Her head swung back and forth, wondering where Discord was. Suddenly, her eyes fell on a picture on a nearby tree that looked like a filly drew on it with crayon. Peering closer, her eyes widened and she bit her lip to keep from gasping.

As if he hadn't astonished her enough when he was a stained-glass image...

"Good morning, Twilight," the crayon picture of Discord chuckled as it moved upon the tree bark. He gazed at her for a few moments. "I had hoped some sleep on those clouds would do something...you look like you just seen a ghost."

Twilight blinked for a few moments, feeling the corners of her mouth twitch. Finally, she breathed out before slightly narrowing her eyes at Discord.

"You know," she said dryly, "would it kill to just show up normally instead of bouncing around the walls like the wacko you are?"

"Wacko?" The crayon image chuckled. "My, that's a nice compliment, Twilight Sparkle."

The unicorn stood a few feet back when a bright light flashed before her, and there stood the Draconequus himself, smirking down at her.

Twilight's mouth fell. "D-discord..." Her voice trailed off.

She remained perfectly still when he leaned down and placed his lion paw under her chin. He gazed at her before checking each cheek as well as her horn. Smiling, he pulled away, leaving her confused.

"No scratches, that's good," he chuckled. "That was quite a storm last night."

"I could have handled it," Twilight said hotly, trying to sound the strong type.

"Yes, you could have," Discord said as he checked his lion paw, "but then again, one always needs help." He smiled down at her. "Aren't you glad there's chaos to take care of that?"

Twilight stepped back a little, raising an eyebrow at him. Discord just laughed before he disappeared in a flash.

The unicorn gasped as she raced over to the area he once stood on, her eyes widening in desperation as to wonder where he went now.

Suddenly, a tray popped before her, nearly making her cry out in shock. When she calmed down, her eyes widened to see the display of food conjured up just for her: a plate of fruity pastries, a bowl of wheat thins, and a glass of milk. What really caught her eye was the small vase with a single daisy on it. She sometimes liked to nibble on those...

As hungry as she was, Twilight gazed around her, wondering where the Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony had gone.

"D-discord?" She spoke out softly.

"By the way, Twilight," she nearly jumped at the sound of his voice that echoed through the halls, "if you're looking for the way out, here you go."

Twilight suddenly flinched when a bright light flashed behind her. She almost thought it was Discord, but it was only a passageway that led to the brightness that was the forest. She blinked in confusion before looking behind her, wondering if he had gone behind her back.

"A little fresh air could do you some good," Discord chuckled, "ta ta, my dear." And his voice was gone.

The unicorn remained on her hooves, her ears lowering a bit before she gazed at the tray of delicious food before her. Discord seemed quite considerate of everything she could've thought of...and fruity pastries! Did he know they were her favorite or did he just conjure them because they were his?

Gazing back at the opening passage to the lush grass, Twilight let out a deep sigh. Her magic carrying both her materials and the tray of food, the unicorn slowly merged outside, just laying on the ground inches away from the entrance.

As she ate, she couldn't help but become desperate for Discord appear again. He had gone so many times on her demand, now he was simply just going on and off at his own free will, leaving her either annoyed, satisfied... or simply alone.

I kept pushing him away...Twilight thought as she nibbled on the daisy. No, duh, I'm still upset about being played for a fool with that fake statue thing...

She turned back toward the entrance where the chaos still resumed before going back to her meal. Drinking her glass of milk, Twilight almost thought some of it splashed against her cheek as she felt wetness slide down one corner.

No. That was a tear.
_

Upper Crust let out a horrified gasp as she nearly stepped on a mud puddle. Wincing in disgust, she stood close by Jet Set, who was every bit as intimidated by the surroundings.

"This place could use a little sprucing up," he commented dryly as he turned to the other Canterlot ponies. He cringed as his hoof met a wet area of grass. "And perhaps a little drying."

As terrible as it was, the Canterlot ponies had agreed with Fancypants to search through the Everfree Forest, the high society unicorn suggesting that the Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony may be hidden among them to avoid any pony seeking him among public areas or sky. As dreadful as it appeared, they followed and did their best to become accustomed to terrifying plants and trees around them. They were doing this for their own kind, as well as for her parents...

"Oh, please," Fancypants chuckled as he passed by the upset couple, smiling at the nature around him. "I've been to the Everfree Forest a few times, and I must tell you that it's simply exciting!" He adjusted his monocle as he gazed at a nearby tree with moss growing on it. "After all, this is where I collect flower samples for my collection."

"You mean...?" Upper Crust lightly gasped, her eyes widening as Jet Set looked even more surprised. "You didn't buy those from a flower shop in Canterlot?"

Suddenly, they were blinded by a bright flash. Rubbing their eyes, they glared at the one responsible for it.

"Photo Finish!" Upper Crust exclaimed in disapproval.

"Vhat?" The photographer pony protested, her camera right beside her. "This forest, it seems simply..." She turned her head dramatically, her light gray mane flipping. "...thought-taking." And she resumed taking blinding pictures, annoying the other Canterlot ponies. "I, Photo Finish, am simply taking in what little magicks this forest has."

"Honestly," Jet Set rolled his eyes. "Do you take pictures of just anything?"

"The magicks!" Photo Finish repeated.

Upper Crust let out an exasperated groan as she and the others walked through the forest, doing their best to find either Twilight or that vicious brute known as Discord. Suddenly, a terrifying thought came to mind as the classy mare tried to loosen the pink sweater wrapped around her neck.

What if they did meet Discord? As disgusted as Upper Crust was when Discord had made that rude comment about Canterlot ponies, she still held great fear.

Swallowing hard, she sped past her husband, zoomed through a section that Photo Finish was taking, and nearly stepped on another Canterlot pony's dress as she immediately came by Fancypants's side.

"Fancy," she squeaked, her voice filled with anxiety. "Really, darling, it's very grateful that you as well as the rest of us are taking this search well...but what exactly are we suppose to do if we come across that malevolent, horrifying beast?"

Fancypants stopped in his tracks and turned to Upper Crust, a tiny smile curving at the corner of his lips.

"I honestly don't know," he confessed with a chuckle.

"What?" Jet Set immediately came by his wife's side. "That ruffian has magic far above any of ours! And you have no idea what we shall do once we must face off against his chaotic ways?"

"Oh, Jet Set," Fancypants laughed, giving the other pony a friendly tap on the back with his hoof. "How much chaos can Discord make compared to what we ponies do?"

Leaving his friends dumbfounded, Fancypants continued on, smiling at the nature around him while Photo Finish resumed taking pictures.

"Let's carry on then," Fancypants said cheerfully as he kept walking, leading the other Canterlot ponies behind him. "There's so much to learn and see while we search!"

That statement made Upper Crust's stomach twist as she regarded her husband with a distressed expression.

"After this..." She huffed as she continued walking. "A week of spa treatment shall be in order considering how much my hooves are going to bear this instant."
_

"Oh, please, let's try again!"

Mr. Sparkle turned to his wife and let out a sad sigh. "Honey, no matter how many times we use the communication spell, it just won't let us reach Twilight."

"But...but..." Mrs. Sparkle eyes watered. "Our daughter! Think about our daughter! Maybe's she's trying to use the spell as well to reach us, maybe even Rarity, or even the princesses!"

"I'm terribly sorry, Mrs. Sparkle," they both turned to Princesses Celestia, both she and her sister walking toward the castle balcony where the two unicorns stood. "Luna and I have tried the communication spell."

"But we can't reach Twilight either," Luna said sadly as she lowered her head in shame. Then her eyes hardened. "It's Discord. He must have taken away her horn, better yet, he must have created some type of spell to make sure our magic can't connect with Twilight's..."

"Oh, gosh!" Mrs. Sparkle felt like fainting.

"Discord may be powerful," Princess Celestia stated, "but he can never measure up to the power of harmony that is also known as friendship." She gave a sad smile. "Something your daughter represents strongly."

"Oh, well, of course," Mr. Sparkle nodded vigorously.

"I mean, this is Discord," Mrs. Sparkle added, "Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony. What could he possibly know on the matter of friendship? He doesn't even have friends to begin with!"

"That is completely true," Princess Luna sighed, "but still, be prepared. His magic of chaos could shower on us any moment when we least expect it."

"AAAH!" Mr. Sparkle suddenly cried as he fell flat on the floor, his hooves covering his head. "No! Not chocolate rain!"

His wife raised an eyebrow at him while the princesses tried to stifle their chuckles.

"Not that kind of shower, Mr. Sparkle," Luna said with a smile as she rolled her eyes.
_

Twilight opened her journal as she used her magic to dip a quill into her ink bottle. Having gone back to her supposed room after a walk through the forest, the unicorn didn't have much to do anymore.

She tried to search for Discord throughout the home of filled chaos but with no luck. She had grown tired yet saddened so she just went back to the room where Discord had left her the night before. If she was going to have a long stay under the Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony's roof, she might as well do what she usually did: read and write.

Summoning her bag, she took out the book she had brought along on her trip. She peered at it as she read the title.

"It's the Inside that Counts?" She said in disbelief.

Oh, real nice...another sign that she and Discord needed to patch things. What was there to patch, anyway?

Groaning, she immediately put the book away before turning back to her journal. Her quill fully-inked, she began writing.

Dear Journal,

To think things couldn't get anymore difficult...

Twilight turned to her ink bottle and dipped her quill once again before turning back to her page. She suddenly let out a horrified gasp.

The words had disappeared!

A bit frantic, Twilight re-wrote her introduction. Watching it closely, her jaw fell when they disappeared once again.

She grew a bit frightened...however, realization dawned on her, and her eyes slowly narrowed.

To think she was feeling sorry for him again!

Reaching over for her ink bottle, she gazed at the cover.

Invisible Ink, it said.

The unicorn clenched her teeth, her cheeks heating with anger.

"Discord!" She shouted out of pure rage.

"What?"

Before she knew it, a bright light flashed beside her. She showed no surprise when the Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony popped beside her, a look of slight amusement on his face.

"Problem, my dear?" He asked with a small chuckle.

He flinched a bit when she shoved the ink bottle in front of his face. Gazing from the bottle to her enraged expression, the Draconequus simply blinked.

"Explain this!" She spat, her eyes blazing.

He gazed at the bottle once more. Then his surprised look melted into one of slight annoyance.

"Obviously, your Elements of Laughter and Loyalty need to learn how to cover their tracks."

Twilight blinked in confusion. "Wha...?" She looked at the bottle once again.

Invisible Ink...Got Ya!, Love Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash

Her cheeks suddenly went red, feeling like such a fool for jumping to conclusions...even though she knew Discord would be guilty of such an act if he actually did it.

The Draconequus chuckled at her surprised look. "I can't blame you," he said, "I've done a few invisible ink pranks in my time. But I must admit, my favorite is simply making books explode confetti whenever somepony opens them."

Twilight realized that her facial expression must have looked ridiculous as she stared at him for what seemed like hours. With a scoff, she immediately turned back to her desk, assuming Discord would just disappear again.

However, he didn't as he craned his neck down to her head level, taking great interest in the journal in front of her.

"What's this?" He asked, his tone like an innocent filly's. He gazed at Twilight, who brought out a new ink bottle.

He smirked at her when she caught his gaze. She just frowned, trying to keep up a calm, steady mood.

"Ooooh! I get it!" He said playfully. "Writing about some crush, I bet!"

Twilight's blush suddenly returned, her face as red as his pupils as she clenched her teeth. "As if I would have a crush on anypony!" She spat. "Do I look like the kind of girl who would have a crush on anypony?"

Discord just smirked and rolled his eyes. "Well, you must be at least writing something interesting..." And he reached down with his lion paw to turn the page.

Twilight immediately smacked his paw away. Discord flinched in surprise as the unicorn immediately covered her journal with both hooves.

"That's private, Discord!" She shouted. "Don't you even know what that means?"

"In my own way, yes," he chuckled at her.

Twilight closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Then she quickly shut her journal before turning back to him. "I do not, I repeat, not, want you to look at my journal! Understand?" She gave him a warning glare, her upper lip stiffening.

Discord simply smiled, folding his arms with a smooth nod. "Why, of course, Ms. Magic," he said innocently, rolling his eyes.

And with that said, he disappeared in a flash.

Twilight just scoffed before looking down at her journal. She really wished she could shut it up tight.

She remembered that Spike had broken the lock.
_

Fluttershy stood upon a cloud as she gazed at her surroundings beneath her. Visiting Cloudsdale, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash had hoped the Wonderbolts had made any progress in discovering the whereabouts of their missing friend. Still nothing...

Suddenly, a flash of rainbow zoomed past Fluttershy, making her scream and nearly tip off her cloud before she got herself back on her hooves. Turning her head, she watched as Rainbow Dash sped through the skies. Behind her, Soarin' and a few Wonderbolts followed her lead.

Still shaken, Fluttershy flapped her wings and slowly followed them as they stopped short in front of a section of Cloudsdale. Fluttershy shyly gazed at Soarin' and Rainbow Dash as her pink hair slowly fell over the side of her face.

"Did you...?" She asked quietly. "Did you find Twilight...or Discord?"

By the look on Rainbow Dash's face, the yellow pegasus immediately knew the answer. She watched as Rainbow Dash lowered her head, her rainbow hair nearly falling over her eyes as she let out a deep, depressing sigh.

"Why do I feel like Discord's fooling around with us?" She exclaimed angrily, a hoof kicking at the cloud they stood on.

"Well, he is the Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony," Spitfire reminded her, trying to sound supportive and not lower her hopes.

"Yeah, I know that," Rainbow Dash let out another sigh. She began pacing back and forth, her head down as her mind was deep in thought. "I just wish we knew we were getting close..." She nearly bumped into Soarin'. Looking up, she was about to apologize.

But what Soarin' had in front of him made her a complete loss for words as her jaw fell and her eyes widened in disbelief.

"S-soarin'?" Rainbow Dash stuttered. "What...what are you eating?"

The green-eyed pegasus noticed her staring at him as he thoughtfully chewed. "Cotton candy and pie," he said with a mouthful. Just as he was about to bend down and resume eating, Rainbow Dash immediately reached down and grabbed them. "Hey!"

"Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh!" The rainbow-haired pegasus cried out happily as she gazed at the snacks in her hooves. "Pies and cotton candy!" She turned to the other pegasi, all of them gazing at her with raised eyebrows. "Guys! Do you know who else likes pie but more so cotton candy?"

"Pinkie Pie?" Fluttershy answered softly.

"No!" Rainbow Dash cried in frustration. "Don't you remember when chaos reigned Equestria?" She showed them the pie and cotton candy. "Remember? Floating pies? Cotton candy clouds that showered chocolate milk?"

"Wait..." Spitfire's eyes widened in realization. "That's Discord's doing!"

"Exactly!" Rainbow Dash raised a hoof in triumphant. "Considering Soarin' found these things out of nowhere, we're getting close to Discord as well as Twilight!" Her eyes shone with excitement and joy.

"Um, actually..." Soarin's spoke out shyly as he grabbed back his snacks from her hooves with his teeth.

"What?" Rainbow Dash asked him, the happiness in her eyes quickly fading.

The green-eyed pegasus chuckled nervously. "I got these from over there." And he pointed a hoof straight pass her.

Wheeling around, Rainbow Dash's mouth fell open when she spotted a nearby pegasus vendor with a cart atop a cloud who was selling pies and cotton candy...and even cartons of chocolate milk.

"Oh, hay..." Rainbow Dash muttered, her hope starting to extinguish.
_

Oh, goodness, my hooves are killing me! Upper Crust thought miserably as she and her husband trailed behind Fancypants and the rest of the Canterlot ponies.

They had been going through the Everfree Forest for hours, chattering amongst each other while also listening to Fancypants speak about the many interesting facts about the forest itself, describing plants, animals, even slight dangers a pony must be cautious about. That was all fine and dandy with Upper Crust and her husband, but how much longer were they to endure this...slightly barbaric 'adventure'?

"Please try and keep up, dear," Jet Set said as he gazed at his wife with a concerned expression. "We won't be here long, I'm sure."

"Oh, darling," Upper Crust sighed and rolled her eyes before slowly trotting over to a nearby rock. "This forest just seems so unbearable. What on Earth does Twilight Sparkle and her Ponyville friends find so interesting about this? And that same question goes to dear Fancypants himself." And she jerked her head over to the leading unicorn that was discussing with the other Canterlot ponies about a new plant they came across; Photo Finish wasted no times taking good shots of it.

Jet Set sighed and shook his head, understanding his wife too well. "Dear, I'm simply distressed as you are." He gave a silent salute, gazing into space. "To Twilight Sparkle, you are a brave unicorn."

Upper Crust scoffed as she stretched out her hooves while leaning against the rock. "I envy that girl..." She muttered as she resumed walking. "Honestly, if we ever find her, I just know she'll be desperate for a spa treatment as well..." She closed her eyes, envisioning. "Her mother, too, the poor dear. All of us grand Canterlot mares...massages...facial masks...and all the glorious oeur d'oeuvres, oh, yes! A celebration once the princesses rid of that disgusting creature named Dis-WHOA!"

Finally opening her eyes and having not realize where she had been walking, Upper Crust found herself falling on her belly and sliding down a slightly steep hill.

"Darling!" Jet Set cried as he and the other Canterlot ponies watched in horror where she fell. He immediately raced over to the edge of the hill, only to trip over his own hooves and slide down as well. "Whoa!"

The slide down took only a few moments before he finally joined his wife on the bottom, landing in a field of flowers that shone a brilliant blue. Jet Set let out a light cough, a flower lying atop his muzzle before he wiped it away. Raising himself up, he gazed around the garden of blue flowers he and his wife fell in.

He was in complete awe by the beauty, its color reminding him of a glorious moonlight sky he and his wife would gaze at outside the balcony of their home. Remembering his wife, he quickly turned to see Upper Crust shaking her head, her mane covered with shining, blue flowers. They looked lovely on her. However, Upper Crust was just too annoyed from the fall to notice the beauty that supported hers.

Suddenly, as Jet Set watched her brush herself off, he let out a low chuckle.

"What's so funny?" Upper Crust asked him, her cheeks near going red from irritation.

"Oh, well..." He turned his eyes toward the blue flowers around them. "This reminds me of the day we first met..." Finally he turned back to his wife. "Remember that day?"

Upper Crust's expression of annoyance slowly faded before she finally regarded the flowers before her, her eyes widening in awe. Finally, she looked back at her husband. "How could I forget?" She let out a chuckle. "I was shopping that day, and before I knew it, a bunch of fillies from Ponyville were playing around and accidentally shoved me from behind." Her eyes sparkled as she recalled the fond memory. "I was pushed into a cart carrying a massive amount of blue flowers."

"Which I had just ordered," Jet Set nodded, a smile on his face. "And I was there to help you out of the cart."

Upper Crust chuckled, reaching a hoof into her mane and felt the flowers on her. "And that's how we met."

They both shared a laugh for the first time all day. For once, they were actually finding amusement being out in the Everfree Forest.

"Are you two alright?" Fancypants called from atop the hill.

"We're fine," Upper Crust called as she and her husband got on their hooves. "We're coming up."

All the Canterlot ponies gathered around as the couple slowly reached the top of the hill, completely covered in blue flowers. Fancypants let out a horrid gasp at the sight of it, and before he could say anything, the two unicorns immediately shook their bodies, the flowers jumping off them and flying in all directions, hitting other Canterlot ponies.

"I say," one pony stated as he inspected the flower in his hoof. "My, this is quite a lovely assortment."

"Such beauty," a mare stated.

"Oh! I, Photo Finish, must take pictures!"

As all the ponies observed the flowers on them, they all immediately silenced when Fancypants cleared his throat. When they all turned to him, they noticed he was a good few feet away.

"Dear friends..." He said quietly. "Have you any idea what those flowers are, exactly?"

"Why, of course!" Upper Crust laughed as she sniffed one. "These flowers are gorgeous!"

"Yes, you're right," Fancypants rolled his eyes. "They are also poison joke."

Upper Crust stopped sniffing, her eyes widening as soon as she heard him. Slowly, she moved her head away from the flower in her hoof, raising an eyebrow at it.

"Poison joke?" Jet Set repeated. "What on Earth is that?"

"You're about to find out," Fancypants stated dryly as he took out his pocket watch. "In three...two...one."

"Dear!" Jet Set turned to his wife, who gazed at him in utter horror. "What's wrong with your nose?"

"My nose?" Jet Set raised an eyebrow in confusion. "What do you...?" He gazed his eyes down at noticed part of his face was a whole new color. He cried out in shock. "My nose! It's...it's...like a pig's!"

Upper Crust slowly felt the poison joke's effect on her as well as she touched her mane. It felt unruly and edgy...and it smelled.

"My mane has turned into a skunk's tail!" She shrieked.

Soon, the other Canterlot ponies were enduring from poison joke on them as each one was given a different effect. One pony's tongue came out completely multi-colored, another one's hair fell to the floor, even Photo Finish's body suddenly became transparent, leaving her an invisible mare of walking clothes and glasses.

"Vhat's this?" The photographer cried as she gazed at her hooves. "I am...I am...unseen!"

"Fancypants!" One pony cried as her hooves became cement blocks. "What do we do?"

"Everypony, calm down," the head unicorn said, "we simply must-"

"The poison joke, it has done its deed," spoke a calm, mesmerizing voice that brought all the ponies to silence.

"Wha...?" Jet Set gulped, starting to oink like a pig. "What was that?"

"Here I come for you are in much need."

Fancypants remained unfazed as he and the others turned to spot a figure emerge from behind the shadow of a tree. One pony nearly let out a fainting gasp, but quickly calmed down. Fancypants smiled as the figure, dressed in a mysterious cloak, came into view.

"Zecora," he stated in greeting. "So nice to see you again."

All eyes fell on the figure as she slowly removed her hood, revealing her black and white striped face and golden jewelry.

"I say..." One colt muttered in awe, his monocle falling from his face as he stared at Zecora.

"Eyes back in your head, Caesar," a mare whispered to him.

"Fancypants, so good to see you deep within these trees," Zecora greeted as she and the unicorn shook hooves. "As you and your friends, I, too, am searching for the Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony."

"My word," Upper Crust whispered to her husband, trying to brush away the horrid smell from her mane. "She speaks in rhyme. That is absolutely astonishing!"

"Too true, darling," Jet Set nodded.

"It's good to see you, too, dear friend," Fancypants nodded to the zebra. "As you can see, the others have become victim to the poison joke." And he motioned to the other ponies, all having become greatly affected.

Zecora let out a light chuckle. "Then allow me to say," she began as she turned on her heel, "my home is where you all must stay."

"Stay?" Upper Crust exclaimed in fright. "In a house in this horrid place?"

"If you wish to rid the effects of such a plant," Zecora spoke as she walked off, Fancypants trailing behind her. "Then you must come with me, for I have an antidote most expectant."

"Trust her, my friends," Fancypants told the other ponies, "I was once victim to the poison joke as well. And this zebra taught me well with much needed herbs."

Upper Crust and Jet Set gazed at each other nervously, all the others feeling a bit anxious. Finally, they all gave in and followed behind the two, more desperate than ever to rid the effects of the poison joke.
_

Twilight just shook her head as she crossed a bridge that stood over a stream of gumdrops, a few frogs swimming around it. She just sighed as she continued trotting off. She intended to get back to her room and write more in her journal.

No sign of Discord...she wasn't sure whether that was a good or bad thing.

"If I could breathe fire..." She muttered to herself, "I could simply send the princesses a message and tell them I'm fine...and Discord's just being...well, Discord! But without any harm done!"

She finally reached toward the carpet-covered doorway. With another sigh, she was about to open the door.

However, she realized it was slightly open.

Confused, Twilight peered at the crack. She gasped.

Discord hovered over her desk. Her journal in his lion paw.

The unicorn's eyes widened as her jaw fell. She held in her cry of shock as she watched the Draconequus simply gaze at her journal. He took great notice that the lock was broken.

Twilight's eyes slowly narrowed into slits as her jaw tightened.

I knew it! Her mind screamed, of course Discord wouldn't respect privacy! He's going to open it, read my passages-

A sudden feeling of fear washed over her.

...and find out what I had been feeling all this time.

Twilight cringed. No way in the hay did she want Discord to read that! She would eventually tell him, but not that way!

Finally, she stood her ground, preparing her horn. As soon as Discord opened her journal, she would burst in and tackle him. Would she be able to tackle him? She would try...

Keeping quiet, Twilight watched as Discord simply gazed at her journal. She raised an eyebrow, wondering why the Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony wasn't opening it. Finally, she saw him move as he held it out in front of him. She dug her hooves into the ground.

Suddenly, an urge of magic flashed from the his eagle talons. Twilight blinked, taken in from the bright light. When it was all over, she took a good look at what he just did to her precious journal. And her jaw fell.

A new lock gleamed on the cover, keeping it completely sealed.

Discord smiled, nodding with satisfaction as he placed the journal back on the desk. With a snap of his fingers, he was gone in a flash.

A few moments after he left, Twilight slowly merged into the room, the stunned expression still on her face. She slowly came over to her desk, gazing at her journal.

The lock was shut, holding all of her secrets...any of which Discord hadn't even laid eyes on.

The unicorn reached over and stroked the locket, amazed that the Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony had done such a thing...for her.

It was with that in mind...Twilight knew it was time to be honest.
_

"Discord?" Twilight called out as she passed through a section of floating pies. "Discord, where are you?"

She nearly stepped on a whoopie cushion as she kept looking for the Draconequus. She kept her journal atop her back, thinking it would do a lot more for each of them.

"Discord?" She called again.

Suddenly, the sound of something flashing occurred behind her and Twilight immediately turned. There stood Discord, flapping his mismatched wings as he gazed down at her.

"Oh..." He said quietly, seeing the journal on her back. "I see you've noticed the new lock I put in."

Twilight remained silent for a few moments, simply regarding him. "Why did you do that?" She finally asked.

He just stared at her as he slowly descended to the ground. "Well, you can't have privacy if it has a broken lock," he said nonchalantly, averting his gaze and looking at his lion paw. "I simply just fixed what you had broken."

"Discord..." Twilight spoke softly. "Please look at me."

The Draconequus was quite taken aback by the soft tone. Finally, he looked into those purple eyes of hers that shone with question.

Twilight felt her face heat up with embarrassment, seeing as she was simply just staring at him. She wanted to smile, but she assumed that would freak him out.

"You know..." She trailed a hoof on the ground. "I guess I haven't been that nice to you lately..."

"No," Discord rolled his eyes as he strolled closer to her, "you were simply being protective of yourself. After all, isn't that why you're here? To make sure I don't cause harm to Equestria again?"

Twilight blinked, then she lowered her eyes to the ground. "Well, yeah, I guess..." She stroked a hoof to her throat, suddenly feeling it dry.

Discord took notice of this and snapped his fingers. Before Twilight knew it, they were seated at a round table, a couple of glasses of chocolate milk before them.

"Can't talk on a dry voice now, can you, Twilight Sparkle?" He chuckled as he sipped his glass.

Twilight just gazed at him. Then she quietly used her magic to bring her glass to her lips. Her eyes widened as the taste trickled down her throat. Finally...she was drinking the chocolate milk she had been so curious to taste for so long. And to finally drink it, experimenting its taste...she suddenly felt like she was floating on a cloud.

After licking her lips, Twilight averted her gaze, feeling the atmosphere suddenly growing awkward between them. What was she going to say now? Her throat was fine...now what?

Discord licked his lips, fiddling with his glass as a bored expression came on his face.

Silence between them. Not a word out of each other. Twilight bit her lip, wondering what to do now as her journal laid beside her on the table. Maybe she could compliment him first, thank him for the delicious beverage...

"It wasn't always like this."

Taken completely off guard, Twilight looked up at him, eyes blinking. "What?"

Discord rested his face against his lion paw as he continued playing with his glass. "It wasn't always like this," he repeated quietly. "It wasn't always cotton candy clouds and chocolate rain..."

Twilight raised an eyebrow. "You mean...you weren't always causing chaos?"

Discord finally looked at her. "My dear," he let out a small chuckle, " don't be silly! Of course I still caused chaos! I'm not called the Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony for nothing!"

"Okay..." Her voice trailed off, taking in to the conversation. "So what are you talking about exactly?" Then she smirked. "What, was it just chocolate clouds and cotton candy-flavored rain?"

"No..." Discord scoffed. "But that sounds like a good combo." He checked his lion paw. "I did worse..."

Twilight's eyes widened. "Worse? What do you mean 'worse'?" She was almost afraid to ask.

Discord remained quiet for a few moments. Then he sighed.

"Before cotton candy clouds..." He began, "it was gray clouds with terrifying lightning that scared many ponies..." He winced a bit. "And before chocolate rain...it used to be hot tea, very hot tea, that rained upon Equestria."

The unicorn's eyes widened in surprise. "Whoa..." Twilight cringed at the thought. "That couldn't be that bad..." She said, trying to show her doubt.

"It was for Equestria back then," he sighed, "all those ponies screaming in fear when lightning struck the ground every now and then just to scare them...hot tea pouring on them and they crying desperately for the heat to go away."

"And that was it?" Twilight asked hopefully.

He gazed at her. She could see total regret in his mismatched eyes. "That was just the start."

Her ears lowered as her pupils dilated, a horrified expression on her face.

"When ponies were happy, I tended to ruin it for my own happiness," he went on, "when birthday parties came...I ruined them with my chaos of tiny tornadoes, long-legged rabbits, and flying pies that slapped against the birthday pony's face..." He let out a chuckle. "It was pretty funny...though it sounds cruel when a lot of crying fillies were involved."

Then his face fell, his eagle talon scratching his face. Twilight watched him closely, trying to absorb everything he just told her.

"Then I did make the ground shake every now and then..." He confessed. "Ponies' homes became a mess and the land itself was becoming quite ruined by my earthquakes of fun...and, I'm sure you already knew this, I took away horns and wings..."

Twilight gazed up at her horn, noticing he hadn't spoken about it all day, nor had any will to simply take it away from her.

"I had caused quite a stir for friends and families when I did that," he said, "one wingless pegasus would accuse an Earth pony with its wings, a hornless unicorn would fight another unicorn for having a horn while the other didn't...it was all pretty much disharmony right there."

Twilight recalled the first time he was released. When he manipulated her friends and they all turned against each other...amazing to believe he had done so much worse back then.

"Friends became enemies," he went on, "families deserted each other, even fillies began to disrespect their elders under my manipulation."

"Celestia and Luna, they watched the unrest and unhappiness before the kingdom. Cruelty, hatred, and to top it all off was my unexpected, hurtful chaos in it...and you know the rest."

Twilight remained quiet the whole time he talked. She placed a hoof to her mouth, finding no words to speak.

"You know the first time I was released," he began, "I wanted revenge...but then I thought about tweaking my chaos to an innocent level to, you know, make things more fun to everypony's pleasure..." He turned to her, a sad smile on his face. "Guess changing the clouds, the rain, the non-shaken grounds, and little rivalry wasn't the key, huh?

Twilight said nothing.

Discord turned away, sighing sadly. "Now I'm back...and for what?" He fiddled with his lion paw. "No one believes I just want to make up for screwing up twice...no one believes I use my chaos for simple good if not to make things a little more lively." His ears lowered as he closed his eyes. "No one cares, I guess." He frowned slightly, as if to show he didn't care himself. But Twilight could just see his hurt...she could feel his misery.

Finally, Twilight couldn't take it anymore.

"I do!" She suddenly blurted out.

Discord was taken aback by her sudden outburst, leaning a bit away when she cried out. But Twilight took no notice as she gazed at him, her purple eyes threatening tears as her heart thumped with the desperation to let it all out.

"You have no idea how bad I felt these last few weeks!" She cried. "Really, when the elements combined, I hoped they would just teach you a lesson, not turn you back into stone!" She motioned to him.

Discord just blinked, stunned as he gazed at her.

"But apparently, they did!" She said, nearly choking from talking too much. "And, oh, my gosh, the guilt! The guilt never went away!" She threw her hooves up in the air. "I've been living with it since that day!"

Finally, she gazed at him, her eyes looking deeply into his.

"You ask yourself again that nopony cares!" She challenged. "Because this pony does! Because I cared enough to visit you!"

Finally, she panted heavily, her cheeks flushing as she continued staring at him.

It felt like hours as they sat there in silence, Discord merely watching Twilight as she smoothed her mane after finally calming down, her cheeks flushing from speaking so much as well as embarrassment, realizing what she just did.

Finally, Discord cleared his throat, his eyes seeming a little hopeful. "You actually felt bad for me?" He asked, a smile creeping to his lips.

"Well, yeah..." Twilight muttered, averting her eyes. "I mean..." She looked at him. "You were just being ridiculous, is all."

"Even after I nearly crushed your friendship?" He couldn't help but ask.

"Okay, that took some time to let go," she said hotly. "And let's not forget the whole fake statue thing! You really busted my nerves there, mister!" And she tapped a hoof against his furry chest.

Discord raised an eyebrow, a smile now visible on his face. "But your nerves were busted even before I said I was never encased in stone."

"Well..." She blushed furiously. "I guess I was just both confused and upset when you suddenly came back..." She said quietly. "And I've kept mum for so long...Ever heard of the statement 'all bottled up'? Well, this bottle just blew its top!"

"You sure did..." He rolled his eyes.

Finally, he gazed at her once more, his eyes looking so innocent as his smile became even more hopeful. Twilight regarded him closely, her eyes fading into pure hope as well as a smile nearly came on her lips.

"You know," she began, "everypony may hate you, especially Rainbow Dash..." She rolled her eyes. "But me...no. Not anymore."

"Wow..." Discord's voice trailed off. "Even with my chaos?"

"Trust me," she said, letting out a chuckle, "your chaos can't be that bad compared to what me and my friends do."

"Ah, yes..." He chuckled. "The doll incident."

"Don't ruin the moment," she hissed quietly.

"Okay, okay," he said with a smile, holding his hands up defensively.

"Still," Twilight blushed, "that was quite some chaos I did, huh?"

"Even more than what I could come up with," Discord said. "Bravo to you, my dear." And he clapped his hands.

"And Discord..." She said quietly, shoving her journal in front of her. "If you really want to know my thoughts and stuff, well...you can read if you want."

He raised an eyebrow as he stared at her journal, the lock he placed on it gleaming. He simply smiled and pushed it back.

"I prefer to hear it from the writer's mouth," he stated.

Though surprised, the unicorn simply smiled. "You know, I would assume you'd think I'm boring," Twilight said, sounding playful.

"Well, sometimes you are," he joked. He laughed at her stunned, annoyed expression. "But most of the time you are quite a fun pony to be around."

Twilight smiled, touched. "As of you..."

Discord's face lit up. "See? That's exactly what I want other ponies to think of me!"

"And I'm sure they would," Twilight said, simply gazing at him. "They'll figure it out."

Discord gazed down at her. He just smiled. "You know, I'm sorry about that fake statue thing..."

"Oh, that?" She continued staring at him. "It's okay...I forgive you."

He raised an eyebrow at her, an amused smile on his lips. "What, you sound like you visited my statue many times," Discord noticed.

"Because I did," she stated simply.

His jaw fell in utter surprise. Twilight let out a laugh, one she hadn't done in quite a while.

"Oh, hay," she rolled her eyes as she flipped her mane. "I guess I really missed you, Discord. Hope that answered your question." Her eyes lowered in playful mockery, giggling at his stunned expression.

Realizing how ridiculous he looked, Discord closed his mouth and lightly coughed. "Trust me," he immediately came back from his surprise, "you answered more than a mouthful." He smoothed the top of his head, trying to sound casual. "But I must admit, that was simple-"

He was cut off when he was grabbed around his long waist. Eyes widening, he gazed down and noticed that Twilight had wrapped her hooves around him, beaming as she laid her head against his chest.

"Twilight?" Discord sounded confused, stiffening from her odd gesture.

"You have no idea how much I missed you..." She stated softly, not budging at all. "You have no idea how happy I am to see you again."

His eyes widened in disbelief.

"I'm glad you came back," she whispered, hugging him close.

Discord did nothing, completely dumbfounded by her sudden action and words.

"And thank you..." She breathed softly. "Thank you so much for rescuing me last night." She leaned more into his furry chest. "You truly are full of kindness...and the way I see it, you are just so sweet. Honest and sweet..."

The Draconequus suddenly swallowed hard as he stared down at her for a few moments, trying to take everything in. She called him kind...honest...sweet...everything no pony would even think of calling him.

But the way he saw it, Twilight wasn't like any other pony. She was a unique one, he knew. And she had cared about him all this time...even enough to leave her home and go look for him.

Finally, he closed his eyes, a smile of both relief and joy on his lips as he wrapped his lion paw around the pony. His eagle talons stroked the back of her mane.

"Please use your lion paw," she ordered, still holding him. "that's my favorite instead of your eagle claw."

Discord blinked, though his smile still remained. Fulfilling her request, he stroked her mane with his lion paw while his eagle arm wrapped around her. Twilight smiled and nuzzled her head against his chest.

This was better than what she had hoped for so long.

Finally, after what felt like hours, they both released each other, sharing the same smile of joy, happiness, and relief.

"Well then," Discord said playfully as he leaned back in his seat. "I believe this calls for a celebration."

"You're not going to summon chocolate rain in here, are you?" Twilight chuckled, folding her hooves and raising an eyebrow at him.

"Of course not," Discord rolled his eyes. He snapped his fingers.

Twilight watched as two glasses of fizzy soda with lemon wedges on the side appeared before them on the table. She turned back to Discord, an expression of both surprise and confusion.

"Seems..." Twilight played with the words on her lips. "...orderly."

Discord let out a small laugh as he held his glass as Twilight slowly reached for hers. "I can be orderly sometimes, my dear."

"Oh, really?" She laughed, rolling her eyes before sipping her drink.

"Just like you, Little Miss I'm-So-Organized," he stated, "made chaos out of a doll."

Twilight nearly choked on her drink before casting him a warning glare. "I said not to bring it up."

"Still, it was funny," he chuckled. He snapped his fingers.

Before Twilight knew it, the roof over their heads suddenly disappeared. And she was met with a glorious dark sky of glittering stars. Her eyes widened in amazement by such a night. However, a playful smile spread on her lips as she shifted her gaze over to Discord.

"Not bad," she commented, "it's only a few hours away from nighttime anyway."

"Oh, you prefer I just bring back the sun?" Discord asked.

"No!" She protested. "Then no pony will get any sleep, I know some who really need their sleep..." Her voice trailed off, thinking of back home.

They sat there under the stars, sipping their drinks while gazing at the night sky. Discord turned to gaze at Twilight, who was completely mesmerized by what his magic had done. The Draconequus smiled to himself, regarding at his now empty glass. He had never gazed at the stars with anyone before...

And to realize that some pony as organized and orderly as Twilight Sparkle was watching it with him...that made him the more hopeful. And very happy.

Finally, he magically made his glass disappear as he cleared his throat, not gazing at the unicorn yet. Finally, after a few moments, he took a deep breath.

"Twilight Sparkle," he began quietly, a small smile on his face. "I just wanted to say-" As soon as he turned in her direction he quickly cut himself off.

There Twilight laid in her seat, eyes closed as she snored quietly to herself with her journal in her lap.

Discord just chuckled and shook his head as he watched her slumber peacefully. Seems she was right that some ponies really do need their sleep. Maybe next time he would raise the moon a little later...
_

"I say!" Jet Set exclaimed, taking sight of the night sky above them. "Has Luna raised her moon already? It seems rather early."

"Not by the princesses' magic did the sun go," Zecora stated as they neared her hut. "The powers of chaos have risen the moon earlier than it should do so."

"Discord..." Fancypants muttered.

"Here we are, friends of the forest," Zecora stated as she led them inside her hut. "My home is your home, keep warm by the fire and rest."

Upper Crust as well as the rest of the Canterlot ponies seemed rather intimidated as they entered her home. This was nothing like a mansion. Far from it, obviously. Its walls appeared made of mud, many traditional items hung around the room, and, to make matters even more shocking, there was a cauldron in the middle of it all.

"Oh, uh..." One mare stated as she sniffed the brew in the bubbling cauldron. "Are you making, um, soup?"

"Afraid no, dear mare of Canterlot," Zecora chuckled as she dipped into the cauldron with a stick. "For I am simply cleaning my laundry in this heating pot." And she took out a wet rag from the liquid, much to the pony's disgust.

All the Canterlot ponies gazed around the hut, simply taken in by its simple yet natural-flowing beauty. Jet Set and his wife stumbled across a few hanging items on the ceiling.

"I see you've taken notice of Zecora's fresh herbs she picked from the forest," Fancypants stated as the zebra reached up and plucked them off before tossing them into the cauldron.

"Wait!" The mare exclaimed as she and the others watched Zecora stir it. "I thought you said this was for laundry."

"Now it becomes the antidote as I mix the ingredients," Zecora smiled, "with good texture and fine plants, it will be complete in only a few minutes." She smiled at all the other ponies that were now residing in her home. "It is a pleasure to serve new guests," she said, "for I've always had Twilight Sparkle over and I'm sure you know the rest."

"The Elements of Harmony," Fancypants stated as he took a seat on the floor. "Tell me, Zecora, have you any luck with finding the whereabouts of this Discord fellow?"

"Sadly, my help for the ponies back in Ponyvile isn't successful enough," she responded as she continued stirring, "for no matter how far I search, the task is till tough."

"You seem like you know what you're up against," he continued as other ponies sat along with him, trying to be comfortable with the simple floor of hardened mud. "Do you know much about Discord?"

"Indeed, I have read about his mischievous ways in the past," the zebra went on as she checked her brew, "it hurts me so to realize he had taken Twilight Sparkle so fast." She stopped her stirring and turned to the ponies. "I am certain so that when we work together, we will find our friend..."

Jet Set and Upper Crust, having listened closely, nodded to the zebra's words.

"And when the Elements combine," Zecora sighed, "Discord's chaos will end."

"Oh, bravo!" One colt exclaimed as he and a few others clapped their hooves.

Zecora smiled gratefully at them. "I am touched you are quick to get along with me," Zecora said. She immediately looked away when Photo Finish, despite being invisible, flashed her camera at her and her cauldron.

"The magicks!" The sleeve of her dress was raised, indicating she was raising her hoof in triumph.

"...despite how different we are, as you can see," Zecora stated with a roll of her eyes. She smiled as she saw that her mixture was done.

"We're not going to drink that, are we?" Upper Crust exclaimed.

"Of course not, worried friend," Zecora chuckled. Then she smirked. "A good soaking in this is what I intend."
_

Twilight's eyes slowly opened before she stirred. Finally, she became fully-awake as she realized she was back in her room and in bed.

However, it looked nothing like her room.

The unicorn's jaw fell as she gazed at her surroundings, seeing that so much had changed when she had fallen asleep. The entire room was of a night sky blue as she raised her eyes to the ceiling to notice that glittering stars were attached to create that midnight effect. Looking down at the bed she laid in, she realized the cloud design was gone and was now replaced by a dark blue mattress and matching covers with sparkling stars on it.

And the floors were polished, glistening like gold that Twilight could practically see her reflection. She could barely hold the smile from spreading on her face as she was amazed by the sudden change of decor. However, when she turned to look at her desk, the grin increased that it almost hurt.

A desk carved out of the finest wood, designed to look like one fit for a scholar. But that wasn't what truly made her overjoyed. It was beside it.

A library.

"Books!" Twilight cried as she quickly jumped out of bed and raced over to it. She felt like a little filly again, excited to be surrounded by what she loved so much. Now she could read while she was here. She could hardly contain herself as she hopped up and down, squealing like a little girl. "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

She had almost forgotten that this was all thanks to Discord. Realizing so, she stopped her jumping and gazed at ground with a grateful smile, knowing deep in her heart that what Discord had said before about how he meant to shower gifts with his chaos...was so true.

Finally, she turned and noticed a large closet across from her bed. Both curious and excited, she galloped over and immediately opened it. She let out an awe-struck gasp before she reached a hoof into the closet.

And took out one of many fine clothes.

Twilight's eyes sparkled as she held the dress in her hooves, nuzzling her face against the cloth. It was a beautiful green dress with sleeves and a white ribbon. She had fine clothes like these back home, but the fact that Discord had used his magic to make them, and just for her, it made her cherish them immediately. If Rarity could just see her now...maybe she would have to agree with Twilight about Discord being a good creature.

A kind, honest, generous creature.

As Twilight continued sorting through her new closet, her star-covered door opened a slight crack, quiet enough so she wouldn't hear. Mismatched eyes gazed through the crack and watched as Twilight drooled over her new room and accessories.

Discord turned away from the door, his eyes shining with joy as a smile spread across his face. The sound of Twilight's squeals and laughter was like music to his ears.

"She likes it..." He stated softly.
_