• Published 15th Sep 2019
  • 1,115 Views, 45 Comments

In and Out of Phase - Vic Fontaine



A life remembered is a life well lived. But what happens when the memories begin to disappear? *A Sunset Shipping Contest Entry*

  • ...
4
 45
 1,115

Chapter 13

“Alright, good morning folks. Welcome to Hot to Trot. My name is Sunset Shimmer, one of the general managers. I trust we all know why we’re here, so I’ll skip the fancy marketing spiel. I know many of you are experienced hands in the restaurant biz, but there’s some new faces too. Soft open is in less than a week and there’s plenty left to do. So I’d like to get right to it. So– er, one second. Sorry, my phone was buzzing in my pocket.

Front of house, stay with me. Kitchen, head back there and check-in with Chef Mirepoix. Bar and bar back, hang tight for just a few minutes. Highball’s caught in some traffic.

Now, first I’d like to– ack, hold on. My apologies, I need to take this. Be right back.”

“Twi, can I call you– whoa whoa whoa! Slow down! What’s wrong? Twi? Twi!”

“Wait, what? You’re where? Slow down honey, I don’t understand. T-Twilight!”

“Okay, now start over. Are you hurt? Was there an accident?”

“No? Oh thank god. Alright… okay… now where are you?”

“The national park? W-what are you doing there? In the middle of the day?”

“Twi, you’re breaking up a bit. Say again? Why’d you go out there?”

“Uh, what do you mean you don’t know? You don’t know how you got out there? Well either way, come home! Please? Is the car still running?”

“You’re lost? B-but how? Why? Baby I don’t understand–”

“Hey hey hey, it’s okay! No need to cry, okay? I’m not mad at you! Really! I’m worried though! Want me to come get you? Do you know how to share your location to my phone?”

“Good. Send it now. I’ll wait.

“Okay, got it. I’ll stop at the ranger station too and bring help in case my phone loses signal in there. Just sit tight. I’ll be there as soon as I can!”

“I-I’m sorry, everyone, but family emergency. I gotta go. Highball should be here any minute. He can get you started. Sorry.”