• Published 15th Sep 2019
  • 1,111 Views, 45 Comments

In and Out of Phase - Vic Fontaine



A life remembered is a life well lived. But what happens when the memories begin to disappear? *A Sunset Shipping Contest Entry*

  • ...
4
 45
 1,111

Chapter 2

“That was a great double feature tonight. Well, the second film was better than the first. But I never was much into the ‘world invaded by huge insects’ thing anyway.”

“Oh totally. This new Space Trek seemed kinda sketchy based on the trailers, but it surprised me for sure. Eh, the hi-def space battles probably helped too.”

“More importantly though, I’m glad you enjoyed, Twilight. This was fun-”

“Oh, you’re welcome! I have to give credit to Rarity though. She suggested Italian as a good ‘third date’ meal. Freaking good restaurant too, right?”

“Of course we can go back some time. That might require a fourth date though, if that’s alright– Ack, I never get this light green. Always red.”

“Your research says it’s bad form to hit the same restaurant on consecutive dates? I’d ask for a citation, but I’m going to pretend you’re not just making that up. Aha! Ah don’t tickle! Eek! T-Twilight the light’s green! Eee!”

“Whew! O-okay! Gas pedal. O-Oh! No, you can leave your hand there. It’s not in the way of the shifter at all. I’ll just… adjust a bit. There. That’s nice. Really nice.”


“Okay, there we are. Casa de Twilight.”

“Uh uh. I’ll get your door. Chivalry ain’t just for guys you know. Oh stop, you’re making me blush again.”

“Front door service, m’lady.”

“I had a great time tonight, Twilight.”

“Yeah, it was indeed. Even with the icky superbug movie.”

“Listen, I have to ask before I go though… And yeah, I know, nerves and all. But, are you happy? I mean with these dates? Or, rather, dating me? I-I know it’s only been a few but– oh!”

“…”

“Mhm… hah…”

“Oh wow. W-well, may I take that as a yes then? Heh, wow. Sure, of course. S-See you in lab tomorrow then?”

“Alright then. Goodnight, Twilight.”