• Published 15th Sep 2019
  • 1,112 Views, 45 Comments

In and Out of Phase - Vic Fontaine



A life remembered is a life well lived. But what happens when the memories begin to disappear? *A Sunset Shipping Contest Entry*

  • ...
4
 45
 1,112

Chapter 12

“Hey, honey. Sorry to bother you at work.”

“No, all good here. I was calling about you. I noticed you left your lunch at home again this morning. I brought it with me and put it in the coolers behind the bar. Want me to bring it over to you?”

“I’m at the Cap Hill location today, so I’m not far away. Turns out they won’t need me to train the new guy until Friday, so I don’t need to be here for the full lunch shift.”

“Are you sure? You know you don’t do well in the afternoon on an empty stomach, especially with your acid reflux. Really, I can be over in a jiffy–"

“Okay, fine. Just thought I’d ask. Hey, you feeling alright, Twi?”

“Why? Because you’ve left your lunch at home kinda often lately. And ‘bring lunch’ is on your daily planner list too, and you never miss things on your lists.”

“I’m not implying anything! We’re both over the hill now, remember? I’m just worried is all. Just… promise me you’ll at least get a snack from the cafeteria or something? Please?”

“Alright, I’ll let you go. Love you. See ya tonight.”