• Published 13th Aug 2012
  • 1,232 Views, 97 Comments

Replica - CountDerpy

  • ...
6
 97
 1,232

Love, Rainbow Dash

Fluttershy paced around her door waiting for Sweetie Belle to drop of the kids.

Oh I hope she didn't cause to much trouble for Sweetie Belle, with Rarity being sick and all She looked at a picture of her purple maned unicorn friend. Rarity was once so lively and strong, but now she was bed ridden and weak from her brain tumor. It was so horrible what was happening, especially with Sweetie Belle having to juggle taking care of her sister and running the boutique.

She jumped a bit when the doorbell rang. Oh that must be them. She raced to open the door and was surprised to see an army stallion standing at her door.

" Are you Fluttershy?" He asked, his voice kind and harmless while being powerful and deep.

"Y-yes, how may I... umm...help you?

He handed out a small envelope with her name on it. "My Colonel sends her regards." He gave a small salute before walking back into town. She opened the envelope and two dog tags fell out. The name on them sent a small saddened chill through her body.


Derpy Hooves.....


She pulled out the letter within and sat for almost an hour reading and re-reading the letter. I can't believe it, after so long she's finally coming home! I have to get the word out. She raced off towards Ponyville Library, almost breaking down the door to get in.

"Twilight!" The yellow pegasus knocked frantically against the old wooden door. The door opened up and a purple unicorn steeped out side.

"Good morning, Fluttershy. What's going on?" Twilight asked her obviously anxious friend.

"Rainbow Dash is going to be coming home this week!"

"Oh my god, really!?"

"Yes really! See for yourself." She thrust the letter into her friends hooves and watched her face light up with glee.

"Wow this is great Fluttershy! Oh wait until Rarity and Pinkie Pie hear about it." Twilight made a point of not bringing up Applejack, who died trying to protect Princess Luna 30 years ago. Maybe this is the thing that could lighten up Rarity's day.

"Yeah lets go grab Pinkie and head over to Rarity and Sweetie Belle's place."

"Ok."

They trotted over to Sugarcube Corner and caught Pinkie chasing her twins around outside. Pinkie adopted them when she found out that she wouldn't survive having a baby of her own. Also her husband left her a few years back, leaving her to raise the kids by herself.

"Pinkie Pie!" Twilight called out to her friend. The pink pony looked up, her mane all matted and eyes baggy from the lack of sleep

"Oh hey Twilight...Fluttershy....what's up?"

"Come with us to Rarity's place, we have some big news for you guys."

"Ok." She looked at her twins. "You two go play, but don't get into any trouble you hear me."

"Yes mommy!" Both screamed out as they bolted off into town.

"Hehe, they certainly have your energy Pinkie." All three laughed as they walked towards Carousel Boutique, reminiscing on old times and remembering friends that have moved on from this town or passed on in the war. They all had lost things to the war that none of them could ever get back.Twilight lost Spike and her parents during the attack on Canterlot, along with Applejack, Big Macintosh and Princess Luna. Pinkie lost the Cakes during a bombing on Ponyville. Fluttershy lost Rainbow Dash, but was lucky to be getting her back.

Rarity on the other hand was another story. She didn't lose anyone close to her besides the ones lost in the Canterlot Attack, but began losing her battle with a brain tumor that developed a few years ago. The best doctors in Equestria even said she was going to be lucky if she made it through the rest of this year. No matter what no one brought up the ever increasing chance of Rarity passing away, even though it was always on everyone's mind when they were near her. Sweetie Belle had it almost as bad as Rarity. She was in a coma for a few years after she collapsed at a concert from an aneurysm. She retired from her career early because she wanted to take care of Rarity and help her run the shop.

Twilight, Pinkie and Fluttershy shuffled into the parlor and headed upstairs. The shop was closed for the day and Sweetie Belle was out babysitting for some of the towns folk. They walked up and stood in front of Rarity's bedroom door. No one has seen her in almost 6 months, her having been traveling across Equestria to many hospitals and most wanted her to remain their in hospice, but she decided that if she was going to die it was going to be at her home in Ponyville surrounded by her friends.

Twilight knocked on the door gently, just in case she was sleeping within.

"C-come in..." Rarity weakly said, her voice so soft and faint it was like trying to listen to a butterfly sing a song in an opera.

"Hey Rarity, how ya feeling?" Pinkie said as they walked into the room and to her bedside. Rarity looked like a ghost of her former self. Her mane had long since fallen out from the chemotherapy and her coat which once was whiter than winter snow was now dirty and matted.

"Pinkie? Twilight!? Fluttershy? How nice of you to come by and visit." She smiled as she pressed the button on the side of her bed lifting her into a seated position. The eerie drone of her heart monitor beeped away in the background."What brings you by on this lovely day." Everyone loved how she was able to keep her elegance no matter how sick she was.


Fluttershy handed Rarity the letter and looked between her and Pinkie."Rainbow Dash is coming home!"

Pinkie gasped as her energy seemed to come rushing back to her. "No way, she's finally coming home! Woohoo! It's been so long and we have so much to catch up on! Oh my gosh, I need to go get a party ready!" And with those words, she was gone. Once she got partying on the brain, there was no stopping her.

"Wow, it has been way to long." Rarity sighed as she looked out the window. "How is she going to take the changes that the last 30 years have brought to this little town." She began to carefully step down from her bed and into her wheelchair.

"Be careful Rarity." Twilight said as she helped her friend into her chair and pushed her to the window." And i don't know how she is going to take it. For some it's easier than others. But one thing is for sure, Rainbow is going to be just as happy as we are when she steps off that bus."