• Published 3rd May 2019
  • 12,049 Views, 125 Comments

Do as you like - PonkaPlatinum



Anon just wants to live a simple life, that is until he somehow ended up in pastel pony land with the powers of an Eldritch God that surpasses even Discord himself. Some fun slice of life stuff where Anon lives a rather bizarre but simple life.

  • ...
28
 125
 12,049

A trip for four (Part 2)

You didn’t notice it at first, but now you see that Cadence is pretty tired. She has some light but fairly evident eye bags decorated above her cheeks and she’s been yawning heavily every few steps to your destination.

Flurry is still lightly gnawing at your arm, which still elicits a hearty feeling of warmth inside of you. Being the daughter of the Princess of Love most certainly does fit her just right.

Going back to your current quest, you worriedly ask the grown Alicorn, “Hey Cadence, if it’s alright that I call you that, umm… are you okay? You don’t seem to be doing too well.”

“Yes and yes. Please just refer to me as that, no need for the formalities and royalty. Moreover, I’m- *Y A W N* I’m alright. I just need a bit more sleep, but that can wait. We finished all our royal duties already so we can accommodate you today. There’s time for us to rest later after so don’t… worry about… *adorable snores*” Cadence explained right before falling asleep as she’s still standing.

She perks back up quickly with her eyes wide open from the echoing sounds of clopping hooves in the wide hallway right before you would have woken her up yourself.

She realized she’d just fallen asleep but the pony in the hallway with the two of you speaks up before she does, “A-Anon, there you are! There’s a pony stuck in a mirror! I couldn’t do anything but I’m sure you can so I came to look for you.”

It’s Octavia, and it looks like she found the stallion in the mirror just by herself, “Oh, him? He’ll be out in a few.”

The grin on your face made Octavia easily infer that the stallion’s predicament was of your doing.

With a little pout, she quickly disregards your antics from the worried inquiry of the Princess next to you, “W-What stallion? In what mirror? W-Where?”

“Uhhh, i-it’s nothing Princess Cadence. Everything is quite alright, just the shenanigans of some unknown bipedal creature.” she facetiously explains with a hint of sarcasm as she bows in respect to the royalty in front of her.

“Oh, raise your head please. Any friends of Anon’s is a friend of mine, so just treat me as you would your own friends.”

“Oh believe me, you wouldn’t want to be treated the way she treats her friends.” you snicker to yourself from successfully returning her little sarcastic jab at you just now. Cadence joins in your stifled laughter as your gray friend pouts even harder.

The joyous vibe is interrupted by the sound of loud, rumbling tummies. You pinpoint it to Cadence, who is now blushing lightly, and a giggling Flurry Heart, who’s tummy rumbled so greatly that you could feel the vibrations of her stomach resonating throughout your whole body since she’s still latched onto your arm.

“Lunch?” you ask Cadence after noticing that it’s close enough to noon anyway. You just hope she’s not starving herself just to get her work done.

“Sure.” she bluntly answers dismissing her little faux pas.

“Octavia, can you please call the other two and head into the dining room?”

“Sure, but I don’t know where that is.”

“You will.”

Without thinking too much, she shrugs and decides to put her faith in you seeing as what you’ve been capable of doing since she’d met you.

“I can’t wait to meet your other friends.” Cadence remarks once Octavia has left the scene while Flurry giggles in agreement.

“I’m sure you’ll like them.” you confidently say with a bright smile.



You’ve just arrived at the dining room of the castle only to find Shining Armor snoring as he’s sitting down by the dining table.

Cadence hurriedly trots to him in concern. With a few moderate nudges, he slowly awakens back to consciousness.

“Oh, hey honey. *Y A W N* I just had the most amazing dream.” he’s in pretty much the same shape as his wife, very tired looking.

“Oh sweetie. Have you been here since breakfast?”

“Actually, I think I slept here last night.” He must be doing really badly if a full night’s rest

This looks like bad news. Cadence didn’t know whether Shining Armor was there for breakfast or not which means she herself skipped breakfast. They’re skipping meals, overworking themselves, and maybe even see each other less frequently just to work. And from the documents on the table, it looks like they’re not even done with their jobs yet. Cadence simply lied about getting it all done just to accommodate you and your friends. It’s all usually seen in bad taste to thank someone for what they’ve done after a long time so she probably decided to invite you as soon as possible despite their hardships.

You set up a little plan in your head as Cadence simply nuzzles her husband in comfort. “Sweetie, did you forget? Anon was visiting today.”

“H-Huh? Was that today already? Oh, how could I forget?” Shining Armor slightly self-loathes his mistake with a hoof to his head.

He doesn’t seem to have taken notice of you yet so you take the liberty of striding towards him. “Why hello there, Mr. Armor.” you enthusiastically greet him holding out your hand for a… limb shake.

Flurry flies over to her father from your arm as Shining startledly gasps from your presence, “He’s here already!? How long was I out?”

The nuzzlings of Flurry comforts him enough to extend his hoof and shake your hand, “Anyway, I-I’m Shining Armor, Twilight’s brother. We’ve heard some stories about you from her, you sound like a really nice guy.”

“Why thank you.” is all you manage to say before a Royal Guard enters the room with the friends you tagged along.

“There he is! The assailant!” the stallion announced with a hoof sternly pointing at you.

“Oh, you mean Anon? He’s no assailant.” Cadence reassures the stallion as he flinches in surprise.

“Huh, what!? U-U-Uh, m-my apologies s-sir Anon! I had no idea that it was you who had been here!” the stallion apologizes hopefully with a little bow.

He’s sweating bullets and you don’t blame him for not knowing what you’d looked like, regardless his actions were sensible considering the antics you’d pulled on him.

“That’s fine. Would you care to join us for lunch?” you ask the stallion to ease his tension. You’re pretty sure Cadence and Shining Armor don’t mind, but you’re still hoping they don’t just in case they do. It’s not like there’s any imminent danger anyway, moreover that you’re here then there’s probably nothing that can harm any of you.

But just to be sure, you ask, “I’m sure you two don’t mind, do you?”

“O-Of course not. You can join us for lunch, it’ll be lunch soon anyway.”

“Y-Yes of course, your highness.” the stallion replies as he trudges towards the seat closest to him.

Your little posse passes by you as you smugly remark to Octavia, “I told you you’d find the dining room.”

She simply rolled her eyes at you. Chrysalis in particular looked a bit fidgety with a hint of rage but you dismiss it for now.

Greetings are exchanged as Cadence announces afterwards, “Alright, let me just call on the waiter and we can start eating soon.”

Shining is too tired to do anything so he just lightly nods with his eyes closed as Flurry crawls all over him, a sight that made Vinyl and Octavia dote and adore the little Flurry Heart, but not Chrysalis.

Cadence begins to light up her horn but it shines a dim light that slowly starts to lose its spark so you put a hand by her withers, “Hey, let me take care of it. I can do it. I’ll be quick.”

She gives you a cheerful smile, “Why thank you, Anon.”

Everyone’s taken their seat with you and your group on one side, Cadence and her family on another, and the stallion by the edge of the table shyly waiting for what happens next.

You stand up and walk out of the room right after giving Chrysalis’ mane a light brush of comfort. Right as you’re completely out of sight, a green filly with a chef’s getup trots into the room.

Your posse gives her a skeptical look of familiarity as she gives them a wink.

“Oh my, I’ve never seen you here before.” Cadence asks, lightly baffled and implying the pony simply had a small physique and wasn’t a filly, which confirms your groups suspicions, though they decide to keep quiet and let the cards fall where they may.

“I’m new here, ma’am. Your friend sent me, he said he needed to go to the bathroom.”

“Well alright then. I’ll have some Hayburgers, I’m feeling a little hungry right now. What’ll the rest of you have?” Cadence asks everyone in the room.

Shyly, they just decide to have Hayburgers as well.

“I’ll have them ready right away.”

Cadence gives her a nod and a smile as she starts trotting out of the room.

Once more after Anonpone is out of sight, she instantly comes back into the room with you as she’s holding a large covered plate on her hoof.

You give everyone a little wave as you put the large covered plate on the table for Anonpone.

“Thank you!” she gratefully gestures to you.

You take a seat after lifting the cover which reveals several stacks of pizza. They’re vegetarian of course, except for yours which is cheese.

“This isn’t what we ordered.” Cadence asks with a little confusion.

“Of course not, I made it better.” Anonpone replies with a confident smile.

Cadence gives the little filly the benefit of the doubt as she asks, “Uhhh, okay. Is this a pizza?”

“No ma’am, it is a ‘Peetzer’.”

“A ‘Peetzer’? What’s the difference?”

“Nothing, really. We just call it a ‘Peetzer’. Think of it as a special recipe.”

Cadence looks it over as the delectable smell lingers all over the room. It’s aroma is so appetizing that Shining Armor immediately opens his eyes and quickly floats over his own “Peetzer” to him and starts gorging down the round meal to sate his hunger.

“Well at least that checks out it’s tastiness.” you quip as the whole room gives your remark a light snicker.

Cadence drops her skepticism as she generously floats over a “Peetzer” to everyone using her magic.

“By the way, this pony is technically me. Her name is Anonpone, but just think of her as a whole other pony.” you explain as Anonpone jumps up on your lap and settles on it like a cat would. You remove the obstructing chef’s hat and start ruffling her mane gently.

Cadence is slightly baffled but returns to a regular state upon remembering what Twilight had told her about you. “Another one of your parlor tricks, I presume?” she asks with an amused face.

“You catch on quick. How’s the ‘Peetzer’?” you ask with great anticipation as you take a slice from yours and feed it to Anonpone, who’s eager to take a bite.

“It tastes exquisite, actually. It has an exotic, yet homey taste to it. I love it!”

Ahhh, non-generic criticism. Despite it not exactly being an artisan’s critique, it truly fills your heart with joy.

The rest of the ponies on the table are simply feasting on your cooking as they usually would, quickly yet still savoring it.

“You seem like an enthusiastic bunch! I hope you’ve been having a good time here and I really hope you’ll like the schedule we’ve prepared for us. Right, sweetie?” Cadence positively remarks to the lot of you and then her husband.

“Hmm…? Schedule? Oh no! Right, the schedule!” Shining Armor quickly shifts from his satisfied state to a distressed one.

“You weren’t able to make it?” Cadence asks with more concern than rage.

Shining replies with a worried horizontal shake of his head.

“Oh dear. T-Th-That’s okay we can just go to the park right after. But wait, no, we need to take Flurry to her nursery first…” and on and on she rambles on with her husband to make an impromptu schedule. Her speed and style of speaking reminds you of Twilight when she’s distressed about a ruined, delayed, or even imperfect schedule.

Their thoughts and ideas being thrown keeps piling up as does their stress until they pass out from exhaustion. Gasps can be heard throughout the room as Flurry crawls over to her parents in concern.

You quickly teleport next to them and confirm their current state, “It’s okay everyone, it’s just fatigue.”

Sighs of relief are then heard this time as you pick up Flurry and hand her over to Vinyl Scratch and Octavia. They seem to be distracting her well enough, or rather the other way around.

You quickly teleport the two royal couple into their room and on their bed. You come with them as you personally tuck them into the bed and ruffle their manes for a good day’s rest. You’d even enabled their dreams to be lucid so they’ll have a better time.

“Sweet dreams, you two.” with that final statement, you come back into the dining room to find that nothing much has changed.

You huddle near your posse and ask them a little request of yours, “Hey girls, even I don’t have a schedule but how’s it sound if we spent the day at Flurry’s nursery just until Shining and Cadence wake up?”

Vinyl and Octavia are practically squeeing in delight just from the idea.

“Alright, I think it’s best we go now.”

They all trot eagerly outside the room, except for the somber Chrysalis who’s walking aimlessly with her head to the floor.

You start heading out with then but snap your fingers without looking back. The Royal Guard who’s still at the table is amazed to find even more untampered “Peetzers” on the table.

“You and the boys have a good lunch.” you remark just as you leave.

“Y-Yes sir!” he blissfully replies with a happy smile on his face as he starts galloping out of the room to tell his friends and coworkers the good news.



You’ve been walking towards the nursery with your group and Flurry. Vinyl and Octavia’s constant doting on the baby still haven’t ceased as they’re looking more at Flurry than where they’re going so they’ve fallen behind you and Chrysalis.

“Hey, you alright? You’ve been pretty glum for a while now.” you concernedly ask Chrysalis as you pat her head.

She takes comfort in it but still manages a heavy, tired sigh, “I’m… I’m fine, Anon. Just tired, I suppose.”

You can tell she’s hiding something but the truth will come out eventually. Your further demanding will inevitably lead to bickering which isn’t the good outcome. It’s better for her to tell it to you herself so you drop it for now.

Though to slightly ease her tensions…

“Ahh! A-Anon!” she lightly cries out loud enough for only both of you to hear as you run your hand around her back to give her a soothing massage.

“Well, you did say you were tired.”

She’s too immersed and melted into your adventurous fingers that are hitting just the right spots to resist your kind gesture. She’s simply indulging in it as she audibly moans in delight while you both walk towards the nursery.



In just a bit, Chrysalis’ blissful heaven ends as you reach your destination. She’s a little dejected by it, but her mood has most certainly improved.

You and your group are standing in front of a daunting structure near the castle. It appears to be a school that takes most levels from nursery all the way to college. Nevertheless you enter with your friends and soon find the modest area that holds the nursery.

Octavia and Vinyl excitedly trot inside but stop right at the door after they realize you’ve stopped walking meters ago.

“Oh, is something wrong?” Octavia asked slightly worried.

“I… I got something I need to do. I hope that’s alright but… I’m sure you can have fun without me.”

“Are you sure? But that’s why we came here in the first place, to rest and have fun.” Vinyl continues the conversation.

“And we will, just… later, okay? You girls have fun.”

“Well, just be back soon.” Octavia ends it after she shrugs at Vinyl as she did the same. They continue to dote on Flurry as she futilely attempts to reach out for you once more while she leaves your range of sight.

You notice Chrysalis hasn’t moved or said anything yet but she does look pretty glum again.

You stride up to her and kneel a bit, “Hey, I’ll be back okay? I’m sure you’ll have fun here.”

She just gives you a slightly doubtful look so you reassure her once more, “If you don’t, well… I’ll make it up to you.”

She lightly blushes from your final remark as she firmly turns back away from you, “I-I’ll hold you up to that. D-D-Don’t you forget it!”

You smile from her reply which reminded you of how she usually is, “I will, Chrys. I sure will.”



You decided to bail out on having fun with your friends to return the favor to Princess Cadence and Shining Armor. You’re certain they’ll have fun with or without you so you thought it be best that you lend your generous hosts a helping hand in return. A small sacrifice for a greater purpose.

You teleport into the castle’s main office as you hear the hearty cheers of the Royal Guards. Sounds like they’re having fun over lunch. At least you won’t be questioned about your secrecy if you’re caught.

Checking out all the paperwork, there’s a couple complaints to be fixed. Some big and some small but all to be done by you as fast as you can.



The entire kingdom’s woes have finally been lifted after a while, the ones that were reported at least. Cadence and Shining’s entire workload have been cleared and you’d even made a couple of systems to make some aspects of the kingdom and their work more efficient.

To take a little rest, you decide to go see how Cadence and Shining are before you go back to your friends.

The door silently creaks open as you slip yourself inside. They’re both still asleep, but you’re glad to see that they look less tired.

A devious thought comes to mind. Surely it couldn’t hurt to…

And just like that, you’re inside Cadence’s dream.

Your curiosity has far surpassed all else in the field of your mind. You decide to first enter Cadence’s dream, and her modesty and simplicity truly warms your heart.

It looks like she’s working as a “pizza mare”, and she’s happily doing her job. The dream definitely has some influence from lunch.

You trail her further and she eventually finishes her job. She comes home to her family and she has a heartwarming evening with them as a regular and happy family. You’re delighted to see that she would be more than happy to just live a simple life with her family.

Venturing off into Shining’s mind, he has relatively the same dream as Cadence, except it’s in a wooden house by some wheat fields with his whole family, including Twilight.

How noble they truly are. As you’re observing the two, you feel a presence behind you.

You turn around to find a baffled Luna who’s simply staring at you with wide eyes. Oh no, you’re crossing territory.

You quickly boop her on the nose and disperse from the dream world before she can say anything.



You’re back at the nursery and you enter the room where your friends are at. Expectedly, Octavia and Vinyl are playing around with a few foals but to your surprise, most of them have flocked to Chrysalis.

She doesn’t seem to be annoyed, but rather flattered actually. To your surprise, she’s even indulging in it and laughing a bit. You take a picture from afar before striding closer.

“A-Anon! You’re here!” Chrysalis surprisedly points out.

She looks at herself in the pile of infants before turning with a light blush on her muzzle.

“Good to see you’re having fun.”

Upon the sound of your voice being heard in the room, all the infants crawl to you in wonder. They quickly tower over you and now you’re laying on the ground being overrun by the little foals.

Chrysalis snickers in return but then looks to her flank in awe right after. It looks like Flurry Heart was part of the horde and she stuck with Chrysalis. It’s quite ironic when you think about it.

Octavia and Vinyl flock to you as well in excitement.

“Hey Anon! You’ll never believe who was here!” Vinyl happily tells you as her riddle is answered by an opening door.

A large white Alicorn comes trotting in the room positively with a smile on her face. “Oh my.” she remarks after noticing your presence.

You pull out a decoy of yourself to go talk with the large fluff of cotton. The foals take the bait and you’re now standing in front of Celestia. You’re just a little taller than her by a couple of inches, but she’s most definitely larger than you.

“Hi there Princess Celestia, what brings you here on this lovely day?”

“I should be asking you the same thing, Anonymous. I’ve come to visit one of my favorite schools, especially because my niece’s daughter studies here.” she explains as she lightly nuzzles Flurry Heart, who latched onto your arm once more after seeing you once again.

“Princess Cadence invited me here as thanks for babysitting Flurry a while back. I brought some friends with me so we can have some fun, care to meet them?”

“I already have, and they all seem like a nice bunch! Especially Sunshine Muffins, she’s truly a remarkable mare, really good with foals.” she compliments your friends with a nice smile.

That statement earns her a crimson shade from Chrysalis and a victorious smile from you. It looks like she’s really changing for the better, you really hope so at least.

You’re certainly looking forward to speaking with Celestia, but the faint orange glares of the sun suggest that that conversation must take place in a future time, so you bid your goodbyes for now.

“Celestia, I’d love to have a nice little chat with you, but sadly, I think it’s time we take our leave.” you regretfully tell her, which gets you a somber reaction from your group. Besides, the other foals’ parents should be arriving soon and having another horde of adult ponies crowding over you is more than an inconvenience, not to mention if one of them assume you to be hostile around their child.

Celestia nods in understanding, “Well then, it’s best I don’t keep you waiting. Goodbye everyone, and goodbye to you too my little bundle of sunshine.” she bids the five of you with a final warm nuzzle on Flurry Heart who adorably hugs Celestia’s muzzle in return.



“Good evening, Mr. Anonymous. How was your day today?” a Royal Guard enthusiastically asks with an energetic salute.

“Doing just fine, Mr. Guard Man.” you return equalling his energy.

The rest of your group come inside the castle as the Guard give each of them a kind greeting and a wave. It looks like the guards have warmed up to you, you figure it’s mostly because of the free feast you’d given them but you’re pleased to see they’re treating you like friends already.

It’s a little over 6 PM already as you and your group have returned to the Crystal Empire castle. The rest of the afternoon earlier was simply spent wandering around the place. You all went through a nice walk in the park, went shopping by the plaza, and even played some simple and fun games along the way. Sadly, none of you didn’t bring enough money to buy a new Cello for Octavia, but you’ve got a different plan for that soon.

You all make your way to the living room where you all first entered from and start packing your things. Considering that Cadence and Shining will probably wake up the following day and the length of the train trip to get back, your group decided to simply go back a few hours early.

You’ve all already done a lot of fun and tiring things for the day already anyway, and not to mention that there’s not a lot more activities that the four of you can do on your own.

“Me and Vinyl will be going ahead. You two pack the rest of your things while we wait by the front door.” Octavia informs you as they quickly packed their things. You and Chrysalis have a few more stuff than them, and you need to return Flurry to her room anyway.

You nod in agreement as Octavia and Vinyl give Flurry Heart one last nuzzle.

“See you in five!” Vinyl says without looking back as she leaves your sight.

“Welp, let’s make this quick” you tell Chrysalis.

“Okay, Anon.”

Your stuff are hastily packed and so is Chrysalis’. You leave them both as you start making your way towards Flurry’s room. Chrysalis seemed to follow you but you didn’t mind, though the entire short trip was composed mostly of awkward silence aside from Chrysalis’ slight fidgeting and Flurry’s happy giggles.

As you lay down Flurry in her comfy bed and tuck her in, you give her one last boop on her muzzle before leaving.

As you turn around, you see Chrysalis heavily fidgeting now. Like she has an urge…

Your thoughts piece it all together now. Despite being fairly reformed, her nature still takes priority. You’re certain her body still requires love to function properly. The worst part of it all is, there’s been so much love all around her the whole day, and she must’ve been suppressing her craving for love since you’d arrived. You know she’ll outgrow it in time eventually, but that time is not now.

She’s volatilely hissing already, and she’s turned towards Flurry Heart. Her love must be at astronomical levels right now. You’d rather not think about it, but she just might attack the little foal if she can’t hold it in anymore.

Thinking on your feet, you pull a final Hail Mary that came to your mind in the heat of the moment.

“Wh...What?” Chrysalis says with a blush of hard crimson red.

Holding her deeply in your arms, you pulled her close and gave her a passionate kiss on the cheek. A simple peck wouldn’t do so you stood there kissing her for a little while. You imagine what the two of you look like at the moment. The image running through your head makes you think that the both of you are an intimate couple. You get more and more flustered by the second as your temperature slightly rises and your cheeks redden.

Flurry seems to be cheering at both of you as you let Chrysalis go, “We’ll, ummm… we’ll talk about this later.”

The entire trip to the front door was even more awkward than the trip to Flurry’s room. Chrysalis’ attitude the whole day finally adds up to what didn’t make sense before, but none of that matters right now.

As you regroup with Vinyl and Octavia outside the castle doors, the white mare speaks, “You two sure took a while, something happen?”

You and Chrysalis simply look at opposite ways lightly blushing as you scratch the back of your head in embarrassment.

“Oh ho ho, don’t tell me something like ‘that’ happened?” Octavia pokes around a bit at you and your bug friend.

You both blush even harder as you simply brush it off and start making your way to the train station.

“Oi oi, don’t be like that now.” Octavia casually returns as Vinyl slightly giggles.

You and Chrysalis were teased by Vinyl and Octavia until you got in the train to Ponyville. Thankfully, they dropped it right away just as you all loaded your luggage and took your seats.

Soon enough once the sun has fully set, the four of you have an appetizing dinner. The soft and light shades of the dynamic scenery out the window compliment well with your meal.

Time passes and Octavia eventually fell asleep on a slumbering Vinyl’s withers. The day must’ve been pretty tiring for them, especially considering their time at the nursery.

You turn to see that Chrysalis isn’t sleeping at all, instead she’s staring at Vinyl and Octavia. You wonder if she’s thinking about doing the same with you, but you decide to break up the silence by starting a conversation… about earlier.

“W… Why didn’t you tell me you needed some love?” you ask her after making sure no one is nearby.

“I didn’t want to bother you. I… I even overlooked my past with Cadence and Shining Armor so all of you could have a fun time...” she explains to you with a slight frown forming on her muzzle.

That would explain her somber mood earlier, but nevertheless you’re proud of her for maturing and putting the grudgeful past where it should be… behind her.

You put a thoughtful hand by her withers as you look her in the eye after she turns your way, “Thanks, Chrysy. But next time, just bother me. You may have your own past, but this is the present now, and we’re making a future together.”

“Thank you, Anon… for everything.”

You feel your bond with her growing stronger. Right after, she simply comes closer and snuggles with your chest. You grab her with both hands as she nuzzles your chest and neck while you return the favor by scratching her ear and patting her head.

The both of you get comfier in the same position until you’re just lightly rustling her mane. You start to get drowsy as your vision slowly darken.

“Get some rest, Chrysy.” you barely speak out as she muffledly agrees through your chest right before the both of you drift off to slumber just like your other friends.

Author's Note:

Took me a while again, fellas. Sorry about that but now that it's here, I hope you had a good read. As I said, the next chapter is a real tug on the heartstrings. I won't say much about it but all I can say is that it's somber for the most part. Have a good one lads, and once more, I hope you had a good read.