• Published 9th Aug 2012
  • 1,156 Views, 52 Comments

Memory Loss - darkmist



A colt wakes up in the middle of field not knowing anything about himself

  • ...
8
 52
 1,156

4. Two years Later

4. Two Years Later

As the year passed before me, I started loving this little town of Ponyville, in the past two years I seen the city of Canterlot, gone to Cloudsdale with Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy, that of course after days of flight training with them both. I even got to meet Princess Celestia, and her sister Princess Luna. I meet them by luck, after Twilight had to go to Canterlot on some business, she asked if I would like to help her out, of course I said yes. After our visit with the Princess’s I continued to help Twilight for the rest of the time we were there. At the end of our stay we went back to see Princess Celestia to ask for help. It didn’t turn out so will. Princess Celestia could not help me in any way, shape, or form. That had me pretty down on the ride back to Ponyville.

After returning to town, I went straight to my room when we got in to Ponyville. Will I still don’t really have a permanent home for myself. I’ve been living in a spare bedroom at Twilights library, the room was small, but I will make do until I can get a place of my own. I’m grateful for all that Twilight and the rest of the ponies in town for helping me out, and making me feel welcome here.

Other year has passed while I live in Ponyville. Today was the same day two years ago that I woke up in the middle of field with no memory of who or what I was. Pinkie Pie has taken it upon herself to throw me a birthday party on this day, all because I still can’t remember what day, month, or year I was born. So having a birthday party on the day I woke up here seems to be the logical choice for a birthday party.

“Thanks Pinkie for the party”, I say enjoy the games and music.

“Will you’re most welcome”, says Pinkie, all the while bouncing up and down

“I going to say hi the everyone else, I’ll catch you later Pinkie”, as I walk away from the over hyper pink pony
“oki doki loki”, as she bounces away

I walk to Fluttershy, thanking her for coming, she always been a bit weary of me, but I’m ok with that, I was just like her when I first meet the group two years ago. After about three weeks of not really talking to otherponys, Rainbow Dash was the one to help me out. She told me that I need to open up and start making friends. I took her advice to heart and did just that. I’m friends with almost everypony in town. After I finished talking to Fluttershy, I went over and talked with the rest of the group, but leaving Rainbow Dash for last. After talking to the rest of the group, and playing a few games with Applejack, and dancing with Rarity, I walk to Rainbow.

“Sup Rainbow”, I say walking up to her.

“Sup Dark”, she replies back.

“I’m itching to get out of here, and fly”, as I stop in fount of the light blue mare

“I couldn’t agree with you more, lets blow this joint and fly”, as she unfolds her wings

I and Rainbow slip out of the library, once out we both jump up and beat our wings as we head up to the sky. I’m not as skilled as Rainbow in flying, but I’m still working on it. I sit on a cloud watching Rainbow do tricks, spins, loops, and other aerial maneuvers.

“That’s the best show yet!” I yell to Rainbow.

“Thanks, I’m just that awesome”, she says back, landing on the same cloud that I’m sitting on.

“Man I wish I could fly like you, your skill is unmatched”, as I pat her on the back.

“One day you will”, she says as she looks out to the giant blue sky.

“I really would like to see one of your sonic rainbooms one of these day”, I say to her.

“Ha ha ha, the last time I did that I broke every window in Ponyville, I learned from that day never to a rainboom near any town, Ha ha ha”, said Rainbow, now looking at me.

“Ha ha ha, that must have cost a pretty bit to repair all the windows”, I say looking back at her.

“Ha you have no idea, I had to work for two months straight and overtime to make the money to get all the windows fixed in town”, she says getting ready for another routine.

This time I join her in the endless expanse of the sky, enjoying the wind though our manes and the wind under our wings. I enjoy the time I spend with Rainbow Dash, the flying, the stunts; I always have a great time with her. After a few more hours of flying with her, my wings are at their limits, unlike Rainbow who could fly all day and night without losing a beat. I bid farewell to Rainbow, as I glide slowly to the ground.

“I’m going to fell this in the morning”, I say to myself, folding my wings to my side, and trotting to the library to get some rest.
I near the library only to get buzzed by something out of nowhere. I look around and I see Rainbow hovering just over the ground laughing.

“Ha ha ha ha, sorry I could resist the urge to buzz you”, she said landing lightly on the ground.

“I swear, you and pinkie are the prank masters”, I say looking at her with glaring eyes.

“That’s very true, no here can beat us in pranks”, she says as she walks to the door of the library and pushes it open.

I follow her into the library, the party there seems to have end. The otherponys must have gone home some time ago. I look around the room see that Spike is still cleaning up the mess from the party.

“Hey Spike”, I say as I enter the main room.

“Oh hi Darkmist, how everything going” he responds.

“Oh I’m a bit tired from flying all day, so I’m going to bed for the night”, I say back, heading for my small room off to the side of the main room.

“Ok, see you in the morning” he says as I start to my bedroom door.

“Hey wait up” I hear from the open door of the library

I swing my head around, looking for the source of the voice, completely forgetting that Rainbow was here to.

“What’s up Dash, need something”, Spike says

“No it’s nothing, never mind”, responds Rainbow Dash, back out of the door way and closing the door behind her.

I shrug my shoulders, then head to my room, I open the door to my room finding it the same way I left it this morning. There’s a bed in the corner with the sheets bundle up on top of it. A small dresser up against the left wall of the room, a nightstand next to the bed with nothing but a light on it, a mirror above the dresser.

“Home Sweet Home” I say under my breath, as I jump in to bed

I walk to the bed and lay down feeling beat, and ready to sleep for a good eight hours or longer. The only problem is that I can’t fall asleep, with my mind racing like the Wonderbolts on the track in Cloudsdale. For the past two years I have not really learned much about myself. I know my name, what I am, and what my special talent is. My special talent is working with the mist of the world, helping to make it, and to place the mist in the world. After I found that out, I started working with Rainbow helping out as much as possible with the weather. Other than though three things I still don’t know anything about myself
.
I start drifting off the sleep after about hour of laying on the bed thinking. My Last thought before I sleep over took me was, I love this town, and everypony in it, with that thought I was out getting the much need rest I needed.