• Published 9th Aug 2012
  • 1,156 Views, 52 Comments

Memory Loss - darkmist



A colt wakes up in the middle of field not knowing anything about himself

  • ...
8
 52
 1,156

2. Knowing

2.Knowing

After about 30 minutes of walking toward the red barn, I finally make to the red barn. Now that I’m at the barn I can see that there are a few more buildings here. One of is the main house I’m guessing, where the things of the world live, eat, and to sleep. There is also a silo hiding behind the barn, look newly painted too.

I walk to the open door of the barn to see if anything is inside. I cautiously come up the open door the barn and peer inside. The only thing to be seen inside of the barn is more baskets stacked to the ceiling. “Why would they need so many baskets, there can’t be that many apple trees here can there?” saying this out loud. With nothing more to look at inside the barn, I turn around and look at the main house that was about a two minute walk from the barn. I start walking to the house, noticing that it was will made, and that it would withstand the biggest of storms. Though the color of the house has faded over the years, that being seen with the rest of the buildings here. That the house would be that last to get repainted. The house is kind of a strange color, none that I have seen before. Of course I don’t really know anything right now.

As I get closer to the faded house, I start here some voices. I can’t really make out what they are saying though the walls. At the very moment a golden orange creature comes busting out the door. The loudness of the slamming door and the yelling of voices inside the house took me back. I tried looking for a place to hide, but seeing nothing in the immediate vicinity to duck behind. I just stand there in awe of this moment not know what to do or what to say to this golden orange creature.

“Howdy there stranger” said the golden orange creature

“U…U…U…Um Hi” I say back with a slight stutter in my voice

“Sorry about the ruckus, we were have a family meeting, and it got a might out of hand” as the golden orange creature looks at me up and down with her big green eyes.

“U…u…u…um that’s ok” looking down at the ground.

“Names Applejack, and who might you be. I’ve never seen y’all round these parts I reckon” walking up to me slowly, not sure of what I might do.

“So her, will I think it’s a her. Her name is Applejack” I think to myself

“I…I…Im not sure what my name is, what I am or what you are for a matter of fact” I say back to her, still looking down at the ground.

“I…I just woke up in that field” as I point to the barren field with one of my hoofs.

“Ah I see sugercube, I might be able to help you out for a spell. Will first of do you even know what gender you are? As you tell from my voice, I’m Female or a girl if you like.

“So I was right she is a she, what with the sugercube thing to” I think to myself and a bit puzzled “N…n…not really I was guessing when I was on the field.”

“Will sugercube you are male, I also see the wings on your side” as she pushes a nose into them

“That I know, but what does that make me?” get a little more relaxed, and felling her nose one of my wings
.
“That makes ya a Pegasus, the darkest Pegasus I have ever seen though” removing her nose from my wing.

“A PEGASUS, what in the hay is a Pegasus!!” I say almost my yelling at the top my lungs

“I don’t really know how to answer that for y’all, as you can see I’m not a Pegasus, I’m what otherponys call an earth pony.”

As she turns her side to me showing it to, there are no wings on her sides.
As I look at her a notices the mark on her flake. “W…w…what is that mark on your side there, I have one two but it’s different from yours.” Turning to my side to show Applejack the mark.

“Ay that would be y’all cutie mark, everypony has one, other than some young fillies.” Applejack said with a weird look on her face. “Y’all cutie mark represents y’all special talent.” Looking at my cutie mark “It kind of looks like mist or some sort of cloud, I might be a weather pony.” Returning to face me.

“Mist you say, that sound vary vary familiar, judging by my black coat…” trailing off, as my head starts to hurt, bring up a hoof to my forehead rubbing it slightly

“Y’ all ok there sugercube.” Looking back at me with a concern face.

As the pain fades away from my head “I’m ok,I remember something about myself, after hearing the word mist, then looking at my coat I think I know my name its ether Mistdark, or Darkmist…” as I trail off again with another headache. I shake my head letting the pain fade from my mind.

“After saying the name Darkmist, I got another headache, know I sure that my name is Darkmist.” Doing a little jump for joy

“One more question I like to ask you Applejack, what kind of creature am I, and what kind are you. I’m guessing that being a Pegasus is what my race is, but not my species is?” As I look at Applejack with questioning eyes.

“Y’all species is a pony, the same me, and ya y’all race is the Pegasus, the wings are y’all side prove that. Tell the truth I don’t know much about Pegasus’s, but I just might know a pony that can help you out that bit of information.” Said Applejack looking up to the sky, but not seeing what she was looking for.

“Ah I see so that’s why you’re always say pony this and pony that.” I say while looking up with her, but not seeing anything, also I was not sure what I was looking for in the first place.

“Oh horseapples where’s rainbow when you need her, will she might be town.” Returning her attention to me. “Will I suggest that we head into town to see if we can’t find her there? It’s just down the road from here.” Pointing down the dirt road I saw earlier with a hoof.

“Sounds like plan to me.” Fallowing her hoof to the road “will I would like to get more information about this Pegasus deal.
We head off into the road leading to this pony town in a land that I don’t know anything about. I fallow Applejack to the road, and we start our little journey to the town, trying to find this Rainbow pony that will be able to teach me about Pegasus’s, and what they do. Walking side by side with Applejack the first pony I meet here feeling good about myself, having found out about my name. My name is Darkmist, I’m a pony and I’m a Pegasus.