• Published 9th Aug 2012
  • 1,156 Views, 52 Comments

Memory Loss - darkmist



A colt wakes up in the middle of field not knowing anything about himself

  • ...
8
 52
 1,156

3. Meeting The Others

3. Meeting the Others

As Applejack and I walk down the road to town, I’m still thinking about the pass half-hour and the conversion I had with Applejack. Finally getting some answers about my life, will just finding out my name is the first step to getting to know who I am. For once I I’m thinking that given time I will know everything about myself.

“Here’s hoping” I say

“Y’all say something” asked Applejack

“Uh what, oh sorry just talking to myself” looking at the ground

“Not a problem sugercube” said Applejack

We continue walking to town, not really talking much, just Applejack asking some random questions about what I would know about myself, most of the answers came up as a no, as I can’t answer most of the questions she asked of me. Some were like “do you know what your talent is?” or “how did you end up in my field?” and there was a few others too

“If y’all what to get to town sometime day, I think we should pick up the pace, if we keep this pace we won’t make it to town before night fall ” Says Applejack looking down the road.

“I’m not sure if I can speed up, but I can try.” Saying back to Applejack

“It’s easy, all you have to really do is to move y’all legs a bit faster” said Applejack still looking down the road, then up to the sky looking at the sun.

I start moving my legs faster than what I’m used to, I start moving faster than the walk, thinking to myself I’m doing it, I move my legs even faster also seeing Applejack right by my side keeping the same pace as me.

“Looks like you got it” says Applejack

I could not respond to her, it was taking all my concentration to keep all four legs moving in time, so I don’t fall on my face. Looking up from the ground I spy Applejack up a head on a slight hill, trotting up to her on the hill. Only to see the most magnificent sight sprawling out before my eyes, slightly to the right of the hill was a small town. A lot farther in the distance and a bit to the left of the small town was a castle, will I think it was a castle can’t really be sure what it was, as it looked very far off in the distance, it looks like it would take a few days to get there. Even more left of the distant castle there is a forest, a deep dark forest, I shiver just looking at the dark place. I hope I never have to go into there I think to myself. To the right of the small town were some massive mountains looming over the little valley that the town is nestled in. Other than that the rest of the view is of plains of grass going all around the little town
.
I have so many question that I want to ask Applejack, but I hold off on asking them thinking everything I like to know will come in due time.

“Will how do y’all like the view” says Applejack

“It’s a wonderful view I could look at it all day.” I say back

“The town over there is called Ponyville, the castle y’all see in the distance is not really a castle, but more of a really big town and it’s called canterlot. The forest you see to my left is called the Everfree forest, don’t y’all go in there, and it’s a bit dangerous. Other than that we are heading for Ponyville, so let’s get a move on shall we?”
Here all that in one go had my head spinning , ok so we are going to the little town called Ponyville this should be fun, I think to myself as I continue to fallow Applejack down the hill at a nice trot. After other thirty minutes at a trot I found myself at the entrance of Ponyville, Only to see many ponies around town going about their business.
“Wow there’s a lot more than I thought” as I point out the obvious

“That there are” replied Applejack

We start walking to the middle of town, and it looks like we are heading for a giant tree at one end of the center of town. Only when we get about hundred or so hoofs away, I start seeing that it’s not just a tree, but also a home I think. I and Applejack reach the door of the tree. She knocks on the door with her hoof. After a few minutes wait, the door opens up all on its own with a slight glow of a purplish pink about it. I watch Applejack enter the house; I follow her from behind trying to look like I’m not there.

“Why is it so dang dark in here, Hey Twi is are you here” says Applejack into the darkness

At the moment the door behind us closes all by its self again, and then the lights flick on.

“SURPRISE”

I jump back falling on my rump, at the loudness of the many voices at once, closing my eyes trying to make it all go away thinking that this is all a bad dream and I will wake up in my bed at home, ya like that would happen, I don’t even know where my home is at. I think to myself trying to hide from the voice.

“Now, now there you silly colt, it’s a party for you. You’re new here and I like throwing party’s for new ponies to our town.”
Nodding to the sound of a very hyper voice coming from above my head, I slowly look up to see who is talking to me only to see pink hair in my face, and noticing the smell of cotton candy.

“Come now it’s your party mister shy.”

I slowly get back to my hoofs, still having my eyes closed, once I’m up on all four I open my eyes and only seeing six ponies standing in fount of me, All of them with their eyes on me hoping I would say something, but have no voice to say anything. I look at each of them, there’s Applejack of course with her golden orange coat, and flowing blond hair. Another has a purple coat and dark blue hair with a pink strip in the middle of it. There’s a pink pony to, with some crazy looking hair, it looks like it’s never been brushed, I also guessing that this one was the one that smells like cotton candy. Moving over to the three in the room, there’s one with a coat of white, with the best looking purple hair that I’ve seen. One pony looks as shy and timid, as I look right now, though this pony’s coat is like a golden yellow, with hair of pink. The last pony in the room is the strangest of them all, this one has the coat of sky, naming saying that it light blue, but that’s not the strangest part of this pony, the color of its hair looks like a newly formed rainbow.

“Hey dark let me introduce y’all to my friends, the one to throw the little party for y’all is Pinkie Pie” pointing to the bright pink pony. “This one here is Twilight Sparkles, this is her place” pointing to the purple pony with the pink strip in her hair. “This shy one over here is Fluttershy” trying to pull the pony to her hoofs. “This one here is Rarity” pointing to the white coated pony with the great hair. “Last and but not least this here is Rainbow Dash” putting a fount leg around the blue pony with the multi-color hair.

All at once they yell

“WELCOME”