• Published 8th Aug 2012
  • 1,079 Views, 17 Comments

Infatuation - Wheremymaresat



A pony from Fillydelphia, who is tired of his life, is fired from his job and decides to move.

  • ...
4
 17
 1,079

Chapter 11: Words are Just Words

Being carried... It's like being on a boat... Maybe that's why I puked off the side of Rainbow Dash's back... Or maybe I was just really drunk. "Glass! Come on, dude! I know you had a lot to drink in there, but you need to learn to hold your liquor! I mean, honestly!" Said Rainbow. But in my ears it sounded more like. "Glass! c- du-! Lot to drink! Hold, honesty!"

To which I replied, "Uuuaagh. Where're we goinz?"

I heard a sigh. "We're going to find Bon-bon and Lyra. According to Bon-bon the first thing you should do when you get there, is apologize."

"How'm I gonna do that? It'sh obvious that I'm not in teh condition for intelligent talksh." I said as I began laughing for seemingly no reason.

Dash, obviously annoyed by the drunken mess on her back, decided to try and sober me up a bit. She found a nearby fountain, and without warning, she flew straight through it at an intense speed! "GAH!" I screamed as I fought the sickness that came from the sudden increase in acceleration. She landed about 30 yards from the fountain, and I instantly fell off of her back, feeling less drunk, but more dizzy than before.

I shook off the water, and sighed. "T-thanks, Rainbow Dash." I got up, and started walking. "Lead the way." I said, wobbling a little. I was still tipsy, but I could form coherent sentences, and that was enough to apologies to my friend.

Rainbow nodded and began walking. She blew her multi-colored mane out of her face, and remained silent for the first few minutes. But about ten minutes into the walk, she started asking questions. "So, Glass. Why do you need to apologize to Lyra?"

I sighed, the question was impossible to avoid. I would just have to suck it up and tell her. "She has feelings for me... But I have those feelings for Bon-bon. I was with Bon-bon when I heard Lyra's song on the radio..." I said sadly. " It's pretty rough."

Dash nodded. "What are you going to do to fix it?" I had a feeling she had heard the song already.

"What can I do?" I asked. "It's not like I'm a therapist or anything."

She nodded again. "Yeah, but she like you right? That means you have a lot of control over how she feels. And while that's a scary thought, it can work to your advantage in this situation. I'm not saying you should play with her emotions. Just find a way for everypony to win."

I was surprised by the cleverness of the rainbow mare in front of me.

We eventually reached the studio of the radio station 99.4 "The wing", where Lyra often played live, according to Dash. I walked inside and up to the front desk. "I need to see Lyra." I said to the mare at the front desk. She was a white mare with odd butterfly wings and a lack of mane. She had black marks on her body, and her hooves were the darkest shade of black possible.

She spoke in a light french accent, barely noticeable, as if she had been born in Prance and spent most of her life in ponyville. "Lyra? We don't have a Lyra performing today."

My jaw dropped as I looked back to see RD walking inside. "Are you sure? Aqua-marine turquoise mare? Unicorn! Plays the lyre?" I said as I made gestures that I could have sworn I picked up from Pinkie Pie. Using my hooves to express the importance of the situation.

The white mare looked at me, puzzled. "You mean Heartstrings? She's in room number four on your left." She said.

I quickly bolted in that direction. If the description was the same, it would make sense that Heartstrings would be her stage name, seeing as it's her last name. I ran in to the room, to see Lyra practicing in a chair by herself. She turned to look at me the second she could possibly have heard the door.

"G-GLASS?!" She yelped. "What are you doing h-" She paused. Her expression went from that of surprise, to that of sorrow. "You heard... I didn't think you'd be near a radio or anything..." She sighed.

"Lyra... I like Bonbon a lot. But I can't keep hurting you. You're my friend. One might argue that you're my best friend. And I keep messing up, which is something that I don't want to do. I couldn't have stayed in this town for this long if it weren't for you. I-I'm really sorr-" She stopped me. She got up from her chair, and walked over to me. She closed the door behind me with her magic, and with a loud slap sound, I was on the floor. "OW!"

"DID YOU EVEN LISTEN TO THE LYRICS?" She said. I looked up to see her crying, her tears ran like a stream that had subtle waves, rather than drops. "I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT THIS WITH YOU! I JUST WANT TO LET GO! YOU KEEP GIVING ME REASONS TO LOVE YOU, AND IT HURTS! SHE DESERVES YOU JUST AS MUCH AS I DO! IF NOT MORE! SO JUST GO AND BE WITH HER!" She yelled. Her bruised face was red from salt irritation. It was obvious she had been crying for a while before I walked in. My heart skipped a beat though at the word "Love" 'How could anypony love me? I mean, I've done nothing but hurt her since I got here...'

"I... I don't know what I shou-" I was interrupted again as the door opened and in walked Bon-bon. She was carrying a small blue box with a yellow bow on it.

She took one look at the situation, and immediately knew what was going on. "I know both of you enough to know that Glass only sort of deserved that slap, Lyra." She trotted over to Lyra, and gave her the box.

Lyra sniffed and looked at Bon-bon. "W-what is this?" She asked.

I looked at both of them, wondering what would be in the box. I tried not to take notice of the fact that from the angle I was at I could see past their tails. I could see everything. But it felt wrong to look so I ignored the urge to stare.

"Just open it!" Miss Kyandi exclaimed.

Lyra opened the box and gasped. "B-Bon-bon! T-there are no words for-"

Bon-bon stopped her. "Don't worry about words. Words are just words." She giggled

I got up, curious. I walked over slowly, wondering to myself: 'What the hell is in that box?'

Author's Note:

Prance... Faris Prance? GAH! These puns are so stupid, why do I love them so much!?!

Also, who do you want Glass to be with? Who do you think is most likely?

What's in the box? I know what's in the box, but what do you think is in